PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Camera found in BOYS lockerroom

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Link (http://www.click2houston.com/news/9896369/detail.html)

C'mon Sweeny....

Boosty_Hondo
09-25-2006, 01:40 AM
wow that is odd

mustang04
09-25-2006, 01:43 AM
invading their privacy??? i'd rather have a camera in there so they can see who is stealing our stuff....i had a watch and other things stolen a loong time ago....i'd rather have police see me nude and me keep my stuff than having it stolen

but then again....i am DEFINITELY not ashamed;) :D

scrub c
09-25-2006, 07:51 AM
OMG

we play over there this friday.

I wonder if we need to send in our scouts with special electronic camera detection devices before the team arrives...

GWOOD
09-25-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm with mustang04. If you have ever had something valuable stolen or your kids have had something stolen you know the frustration and anger. Over the years my son has had money stolen (he doesn't carry much cash but nevertheless he didn't bring it for somebody else to use it), $30 pair of football gloves, and a $40 ankle brace. All this while they were either practicing or watching film.

Right now, Greenwood does not have lockers that can be locked so everybody's stuff is vulnerable. It is used so much by so many different people that you can't lock the fieldhouse up. It just usually happens two or three times a year but it is frustrating. I could easily justify resorting to a hidden camera not only to catch the thieves but to deter future ones as well.

kaorder1999
09-25-2006, 08:04 AM
I knew a guy who kept getting stuff stolen from the equipment room so he put up fake cameras. They looked real and made people think they were real!

raider red 2000
09-25-2006, 08:15 AM
i know that i would not want a video camera in the lockeroom....that is just bad.

what would sweeny do if someone is stealing toilet paper in the teacher's rest room????????

g$$
09-25-2006, 08:33 AM
It made the Houston news. Apparently it was a camera in the boys' JV locker room put there because of theft going on while no one was around. One coach knew & the police were involved. It only filmed, from what I read, while the boys were out practicing (not dressing, etc.). It has been removed & the matter is being investigated according to Randy Miksch, Sweeny's Supt. of Schools. Embarrassing, yes, but let's give them a chance to rectify the situation.

KindaCool
09-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by g$$
It made the Houston news. Apparently it was a camera in the boys' JV locker room put there because of theft going on while no one was around. One coach knew & the police were involved. It only filmed, from what I read, while the boys were out practicing (not dressing, etc.). It has been removed & the matter is being investigated according to Randy Miksch, Sweeny's Supt. of Schools. Embarrassing, yes, but let's give them a chance to rectify the situation.

if thats true, then parent's need to not get their panties in a wad...

Phil C
09-25-2006, 08:52 AM
STOP THIEF!! :mad:

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD

Right now, Greenwood does not have lockers that can be locked so everybody's stuff is vulnerable.

Is that gonna change with the new field house??

g$$
09-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Yes, that's the story as I read it online in the Bport Facts. And it was only there for 1 day. However, neither the hs principal nor the Supt. were aware of it at all. So somebody in the police dept. or otherwise overstepped their bounds. Randy Miksch (Supt.) & Tommy Zajicek (AD & Head FB Coach) are stand-up men & I am quite sure they will handle this quickly & move forward. But, it was certainly an embarrassing incident for Sweeny & negative press is never good. I do hope they catch the thieves!!

3afan
09-25-2006, 08:59 AM
when I was a freshman, during our first practice some 'upper classmen' went into our locker room and stole everyone's underwear .... that was not nice!

kaorder1999
09-25-2006, 09:00 AM
I know this sounds stupid but putting cameras up anywhere on school property is a big thing. It takes A LOT to even get cameras put up in hallways. The Administration and School Board have to aprrove of it before they place cameras ANYWHERE. What makes this situation weird is that a coach or a team can set up a camera to film athletic events or practice on school property without permission!

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I know this sounds stupid but putting cameras up anywhere on school property is a big thing. It takes A LOT to even get cameras put up in hallways. The Administration and School Board have to aprrove of it before they place cameras ANYWHERE. i think part of the problem is that the administration is playing that they didn't know about this

kaorder1999
09-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i think part of the problem is that the administration is playing that they didn't know about this

true.....but maybe they didnt. Who knows!

raider red 2000
09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
it was a bad decision.

who ever put the camera up has to be smart enough to let someone know.

if the bosses are clueless and a parent brings it up...it just looks bad.

kaorder1999
09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
it was a bad decision.

who ever put the camera up has to be smart enough to let someone know.

if the bosses are clueless and a parent brings it up...it just looks bad.

i agree. And I've heard of other places where this has happened and parents hired attorneys and the head coach is no longer there!

g$$
09-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Also just found out that the camera in Sweeny only filmed (for 1 day) who entered & exited the JV boys' locker room (aimed at doorway). So this story has taken a life of its own, as usual. It was put there for theft reasons. But, obviously you can't do that without obtaining proper permission.

I do not believe the Sweeny brass is spinning this at all. Let the powers that be figure it out, & discipline those who overstepped their bounds. I believe their intentions were pure in trying to stop theft while no one was around. It does look bad though, no doubt about it.

GWOOD
09-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is that gonna change with the new field house??

A coach was addressing the theft issue recently and said "until we move into our new fieldhouse there is nothing we can do about it." I take it that means there will be some kind of security--locked doors, locks on lockers, or something--that will deter the theft during practice.

pancho villa
09-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Better them than us.

tigerpride_08
09-25-2006, 12:33 PM
thats very werid...:eek:

Stownhorse
09-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Man I got a nice under-armor Stolen!

tigerpride_08
09-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Man I got a nice under-armor Stolen!

haha i got about $25 stolen from me last week...

Stownhorse
09-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
haha i got about $25 stolen from me last week...

This kid stole some shoes and wore them the next day! what an idiot

Mot'r Boat'r
09-25-2006, 02:20 PM
if it was in the girls locker-room, then i'm going to write Sweeny pretending to be a concerned parent and DEMAND to see a copy of the video for proof!!!

:D

carter08
09-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Heard about this a few weeks ago at school

As much as i, um, dislike, Sweeney, i agree with the boys decision to take the camera out. The District shouldn't invade privacy

Tweeder215
09-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
invading their privacy??? i'd rather have a camera in there so they can see who is stealing our stuff....i had a watch and other things stolen a loong time ago....i'd rather have police see me nude and me keep my stuff than having it stolen

but then again....i am DEFINITELY not ashamed;) :D

Even though its still up for debate on whether you should be or not...:D :eek: :D

tap_tx_sinton
09-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Just plain sick you ask me.

g$$
09-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Hey Carter - you live in Brazoria & can't spell Sweeny right? It's 10 minutes away man! Repeat after me S W E E N Y. Not "EY" on the end. Thanks. You're not the only one. One year at the State Basketball Tourney in Austin, the UIL program had it misspelled, & the irony is we had won state (boys) & lost in the girls final the previous year! You would think they would have known after all the trips to Austin. Sweeny won 3 boys' titles in the '80s & the girls lost 6 out of 9 years in the state finals. Oh well.

AggieJohn
09-26-2006, 12:40 AM
nm

neck_94
09-26-2006, 08:18 AM
ha ha

he said sweeney

neck_94
09-26-2006, 08:19 AM
kinda like swinney

Phil C
09-26-2006, 08:26 AM
STOP THE CONFUSION! :mad:

pancho villa
09-26-2006, 08:31 AM
I don't know if it's true but I heard some of the assisant coaches were watching the video after practice. Just what I heard.

g$$
09-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Come on Panch, some of these guys will believe you!! You know the story. And Neck 94, we like "Sweeney" about as much as you like "Scrubya C". How about Dogs vs. Necks? There we go.

Is Flannel out like I have heard? Seriously, I feel for any kid who misses so much time in multiple sports. He is very talented. This foot injury / stress fracture has lingered now going on almost a year. Here's to hoping he can get well & enjoy a fine college career.

Johnnypaycheck
09-26-2006, 09:38 AM
SWINNEY
SWEENEY

Scrub c
scrubya dubya

who cares...

Dogs and Necks get it on Friday night! that is all that matters!

g$$
09-26-2006, 10:00 AM
You're right, I'm just messing around. It has been misspelled for so long by so many that it is no big deal anymore. And Sweeny is partially at fault for that: on the railroad tracks leaving town heading to 4 Forks, look directly to the right. It is misspelled there too at the railroad's station house right by the city limits!! Now the deal in Austin, they should have had it right since we had been there multiple times. Sweeny was the name of the family (John Sweeny) who settled there 1st way back, if I recall.

Paycheck - www.aggiebaseball.net has good updates/pics on Fall Ball, etc. by Scott Clendenin. I know Scott & he does a pretty good job keeping everyone informed. Check it out. See ya.