PDA

View Full Version : Texans' defensive coordinator Richard Smith

htowntransplant
09-24-2006, 11:14 PM
needs to get the axe!! defense looks lost and underprepared. theyre giving up 500 yds per game through the first 3 games and allowing brunell to look like steve young is not acceptable. smith has refused to speak to the media after 2 of the 3 losses this yr....eagles loss and skin's loss.

g$$
09-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Agreed. This is his first coordinator's job, & likely his last. That being said, the talent level is atrocious across the board due to bad drafts & poor decisions in free agency. There are maybe 15 guys on this roster anyone else would want. This roster & organization must be completely overhauled. Kubiak has his work cut out for him, that is for sure. I wish him the best, but it will take time. Sad times for pro football in Houston.

kaorder1999
09-25-2006, 09:19 AM
a lot of times it's not the X's and the O's but the Jimmies and the Joes

g$$
09-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Exactly. I say it's most of the time - talent usually wins out. That being said, the Texans should be more competitive. They are awful & hard to watch.

I had a coach tell me once: when I have the chalk I always win. You can draw it up all day long, but executing it is another matter. I think Kubiak deserves the benefit of the doubt to right this ship. He has a proven track record (albeit not as a HC) in the NFL. It will take time.