PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill @ Wimberley

gold_33
09-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Big game this week for the former district rivals. The Texans(3-1) are coming off a big win against Liberty-Euylau. The Panthers(3-1) are coming off a loss to Cuero and are going to be looking to avenge it this week. Always a great game, what are your thoughts and predictions?

GreenMachine
09-24-2006, 06:44 PM
This should be a very good game. LH impressed me alot last week. Wimberly is coming off a very big win. LH has a strong kicking game. I say LH by a field goal. :)

bulldogman06
09-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Being in both of these two teams districts last year sucked, but I hate Wimberly. LH by 10. I think if they would have beat Cuero then maybe not, but with that loss I think LH is gonna come out strong and never look back

Old Tiger
09-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Liberty Hill

gobbler grad
09-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Liberty Hill wins this game...

TexDad
09-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Going to be a battle. Wimberley has a decent kicking game also. Might come down to a FG. I say Wimberley by a TD.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Let's see.....where to start.

1. Liberty Hill is HEALTHY unlike the last two seasons. :eek: :eek:
2. The boys are FIRED UP after the loss Friday and ready to kick some booty. :D

:thinking: :thinking: Can't give it all away too soon. :D

Tx Challenge
09-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Wimberly has a great team but I have to go with LH. This is a great rivalry It will be a close game. Both teams will be fired up. The Texans have a lot going for them coming off a big win and it being their homecoming. I still feel LH squeaks this one out. Good luck to both teams and prayers for an injury free game

LHPfactory
09-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Wimberly is back on track, and this defense has been more successful against our style of offense than any other school we have played. However, the studs from last years code red are for the most part gone. Liberty Hill will win this game (it will be close or we will find a weakness and blow them out). Either way Liberty Hill will win.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Of course I have to pick Wimberley, but I know LH is better than last year and looking for revenge. If we play an improved game from last week (which we have done each week so far), I think we can beat them. If we stumble in the beginning (which we have done each week so far), it could be a long night. It will come down to our offensive line giving our QB time, and our defensive line forcing LH to throw more often than usual. Tough challenge in both areas.

pirate4state
09-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Of course I have to pick Wimberley, but I know LH is better than last year and looking for revenge. If we play an improved game from last week (which we have done each week so far), I think we can beat them. If we stumble in the beginning (which we have done each week so far), it could be a long night. It will come down to our offensive line giving our QB time, and our defensive line forcing LH to throw more often than usual. Tough challenge in both areas.

Liberty Hill throw the ball??? Don't think it is gonna happen. Run, run, run...:D is very effective for them. ;) Liberty Hill by 14.

texas'10
09-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Liberty Hill should take this one. With their high powered, run it down your throat, offense, they seem unstoppable. Wimberley get beat by Giddings in week 0, and I consider Giddings and Liberty Hill similar teams. Although times change and teams get better, I see Liberty Hill coming out on top.

44INAROW
09-25-2006, 10:45 AM
This promises to be a great football game. I give LH the nod - by 17 :)

tigerpride_08
09-25-2006, 12:27 PM
should be a very close game...

EricDraven
09-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Close game. Texans tough at home, Panthers fired up. Looking for a fourth quarter finish, last team to score wins.

greenpride
09-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Liberty Hill will win this game by at least 14. They have more speed than anyone knew - just ask Cuero. I saw Wimberley play opening week....very well coached, some speed, good receiver and running back. Sounds like they are putting it together again for another run in the playoffs. But you know what they say....speed kills.

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, I said it last week and at the time I don't think a lot of folks really believed me. I think maybe a few folks get it now. Just in case....this isn't the Panther team that Wimberley has seen the last two years. Not to take away from any of the great players that have donned the purple & gold the last few years, because they did some incredible things. You just have to see it to know what I mean.

It's always tough to go into Wimberley and get a win, but I truly believe this team can definitely do just that. :)

TexDad
09-25-2006, 06:03 PM
I agree that if Wimberley doesn't come out firing on all cylinders then it might be a long night. If we come out ready to play, it's going to be a heck of a game. I hope the LH fans can stand two weeks in a row of exictement. I just hope both teams stay healthy. Good luck to both teams.

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by TexDad
I hope the LH fans can stand two weeks in a row of exictement. I think I can handle it. :D

gold_33
09-25-2006, 09:32 PM
This game is gonna come down to ball control. If LH gets up by a couple of scores it will be tough for the Texans cause LH can eat up the clock with their running game. On the other hand if Wimberley gets up and makes LH have to try and hurry up and score its gonna end up like last year with turnovers killing them in the end. I think its gonna be the best game we've seen between these two teams yet, alot pride and braggin rights on the line here. Texans by 10!!!

Bullaholic
09-26-2006, 01:49 PM
This game deserves more discussion--Best Wk 4 game in 3A.
I say LH wins this one in a "squeaker" by 7, punched over from inside the Wimberley 5 in the last minute of the game. Final LH-21, Wimberley-14.

Highschoolfan78
09-26-2006, 02:22 PM
I say 21-17 LH

I was very impressed with the way they were playing. Who knows.. if they would have had one more organized play at gobbler stadium what would have happened.. but that's a big IF.. All i can say is the LH offense is too much thinking from the stands. I hate tryin to figure out who has it.lol

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm feeling a little less than creative this week, but since this contains some of my best "work" (outside the RM "fight") I thought I'd share. :D

2005 thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=36057)

Darren
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Close game I'll take Wimberley by 3. But it could go either way.

Chris Hart
09-26-2006, 08:59 PM
I agree with whomever it was that said this will probably be the best game between these two teams yet. I think they are very evenly matched teams with LH seeming to be playing a 'little bit' better than the Texans. The X factor is that Wimberley has proven to be able to stop the LH slot-T even when they couldn't stop more conventional offenses in the past. This is gonna be an awesome game that comes down to the last minutes....

wimbo_pro
09-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Panther Mom...I read the entire thread from last year. Wow. You are creative, this is for sure. Not very accurate in your predictions, but creative nonetheless!

gold_33
09-26-2006, 09:17 PM
I read it to, the Texans were getting blasted from everyone last year. Good thing we have some supporters this year to help defend us, I think were up to three now.

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
I read it to, the Texans were getting blasted from everyone last year. Good thing we have some supporters this year to help defend us, I think were up to three now.
I'm just glad to have someone to talk to! :)

wimbo_pro
09-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Well Gold...I guess we showed them ,eh!!!

gold_33
09-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm just glad to have someone to talk to! :)

Thats what we're here for!! Too bad we're a year late and not disrict rivals anymore, theres a different feel to this years game even though its a huge game for both teams. Its even more interesting with both teams being tied for 9th in the polls. I know LH was ranked in 2004 and Wimberley last year, but i dont think we've ever both been ranked in the top ten coming into this game. Hopefully it will live up to the hype and be a great game.

wimbo_pro
09-26-2006, 09:51 PM
It will be a great game. The weather will be perfect, the teams ready, the crowd will be LOUD. I cant wait!