PDA

View Full Version : Texas HS Football Hall of Fame

STANG RED
09-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I was just about to come on here and ask if anyone knew if there was a Texas High School Football Hall of Fame. Then I just decided to do an internet search instead. I am ashamed to say, I did not know about it, or where it was. But I'm guessing I am not the only one on here that didnt know this either. So here is the web address to the site, for those of you who were as ignorant as me.
http://www.tshof.org/high_school_football.htm

Now that I know it actually exists, and where it is, I'm going to have to make a trip to Waco to check it out one of these days. Check out the website. Its pretty cool.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-24-2006, 05:58 PM
It didn't start in Waco....:D

STANG RED
09-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
It didn't start in Waco....:D

ha ha, yea that was the first thing I noticed. Too bad it moved from Breckenridge though. That would have been a great calling card for them.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
ha ha, yea that was the first thing I noticed. Too bad it moved from Breckenridge though. That would have been a great calling card for them.

Yeah, the "mural capital of west texas" just doesn't have the same ring to it. At least we can say it was us when it started.

LHMom
09-24-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure I'd plan a trip for it, but it's worth a visit if you are traveling near/through Waco. We went to the induction ceremony a few years back. LH won the Gordon Wood Award for the '02 season.