PDA

View Full Version : Can we agree that Notre Dame is over-rated

PPHSfan
09-23-2006, 09:03 PM
YET?

BreckTxLonghorn
09-23-2006, 09:07 PM
I'll agree. I've been agreeing since before the season.

Did you know that before tonight's game, Weiss and Ty Willingham had an identical record in their first games? However, when Willingham encountered it, the pressure was on that he should be fired. Weiss? The savior of Notre Dame. Interesting, if you ask me.

PPHSfan
09-23-2006, 09:08 PM
I did however watch their future qb play a hs game last night, and he is definatley the real deal. Jimmy Clausen is a stud.

WestTXLonghorn
09-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

Did you know that before tonight's game, Weiss and Ty Willingham had an identical record in their first games? However, when Willingham encountered it, the pressure was on that he should be fired. Weiss? The savior of Notre Dame. Interesting, if you ask me.

Rather predictable if you ask me.

mwynn05
09-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

Did you know that before tonight's game, Weiss and Ty Willingham had an identical record in their first games? However, when Willingham encountered it, the pressure was on that he should be fired. Weiss? The savior of Notre Dame. Interesting, if you ask me. I agree Notre Dame is over-rated...I believe Texas is over-rated as well.

Bull19
09-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Rather predictable if you ask me.

weiss is a much better coach..its not his fault they cant hold on tothe ball and throw interceptions

BreckTxLonghorn
09-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
weiss is a much better coach..its not his fault they cant hold on tothe ball and throw interceptions

Are you saying then that Willingham was inept as coach?

WTF-82
09-23-2006, 09:22 PM
overrated please play 4 great teams in a row to start off dont talk end of the talk overrated lets see what happens in the season.

WTF-82
09-23-2006, 09:23 PM
i did not make sense did i LOL!!!

PPHSfan
09-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
overrated please play 4 great teams in a row to start off dont talk end of the talk overrated lets see what happens in the season.

Your joking right?

gobbler grad
09-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I did however watch their future qb play a hs game last night, and he is definatley the real deal. Jimmy Clausen is a stud.

caught part of that game last night , too...he is a stud...:thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
09-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by ***-82

They are starting to make me eat my words right now.

I think they're closer to being accurate in their ranking currently. But no.2 just didnt do it for me.

turbostud
09-23-2006, 09:28 PM
They were ranked 2 just to hype the OSU/UT game. More money for the NCAA.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
YET?
Well, if you had asked me weeks ago, I would've agreed with you then. :p

Phil C
09-24-2006, 06:13 PM
NOTRE DAME IS A GREAT TEAM WHO CAME FROM BEHIND WITH A GREAT WIN OVER A GOOD MICHIGAN STATE TEAM! INDEED THEY ARE BACK IN SPITE OF THAT MINOR UPSET AGAINST MICHIGAN AND QUINN HAS GOT TO BE THE CLEAR CUT FAVORITE FOR THE HEISMAN TROPHY NOW!

Besides Notre Dame is a good Catholic university that promotes christian values and high integrity. I once knew an outstanding professor that had gone to ND and he was a great teacher. One must remember that overall no major scandles at ND.

football4life
09-24-2006, 06:17 PM
don't know if it's major, but what about the coach hiring thing they had, i completely forgot that guys name.....anyway i remember it was a big deal at the time.

Stownhorse
09-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
NOTRE DAME IS A GREAT TEAM WHO CAME FROM BEHIND WITH A GREAT WIN OVER A GOOD MICHIGAN STATE TEAM! INDEED THEY ARE BACK IN SPITE OF THAT MINOR UPSET AGAINST MICHIGAN AND QUINN HAS GOT TO BE THE CLEAR CUT FAVORITE FOR THE HEISMAN TROPHY NOW!

Besides Notre Dame is a good Catholic university that promotes christian values and high integrity. I once knew an outstanding professor that had gone to ND and he was a great teacher. One must remember that overall no major scandles at ND.

Are you kidding?! Michigan state isnt that great...they just took advantage of ND's defensive scheme quick and early...plus MSU has a rep. for being streaky, they always fall apart.

eagles_victory
09-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Are you kidding?! Michigan state isnt that great...they just took advantage of ND's defensive scheme quick and early...plus MSU has a rep. for being streaky, they always fall apart. everyone is giving ND credit honestly was it more of a Notre Dame come back or a MSU melt down? Id say MSU meltdown. MSU always starts good and when things get tough there whole season goes down the drain.

District303aPastPlayer
09-24-2006, 07:32 PM
a couple of things....

Notre Dame = THE single most hated university in america when it comes to football...

Phil, you won't find anyone backing Notre Dame like i am right now, but Brady Quinn is NOT the clear cut favorite to win the heisman... Troy Smith is in my opinion.

And about their scheduling... playing Directional State, and Powderpuff U can get most people a #4-10 ranking, let your top teams play the ND schedule, and i guarantee you that most wont come out unscathed...

with that said... Fight Irish Fight!

Old Tiger
09-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Si senor

bulldogman06
09-24-2006, 08:04 PM
I never though they were overrated, but watching the Michigan game nearly changed my mind. however, that comeback from MSU who for some reason always has ND's number has given me all my faith back, and I am looking forward to the USC game. By the way, Weiss is so much better than Willingham, no offense to Willignham, but Charlie Weiss is just that good.

WestTXLonghorn
09-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
I never though they were overrated, but watching the Michigan game nearly changed my mind. however, that comeback from MSU who for some reason always has ND's number has given me all my faith back, and I am looking forward to the USC game. By the way, Weiss is so much better than Willingham, no offense to Willignham, but Charlie Weiss is just that good.

Nevermind that they have identical records in the exact same amount of time. . . .

Emerson1
09-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

This is why people never take what you say seriously.

bulldogman06
09-24-2006, 08:12 PM
however, Willingham could not recruit, he got, what, only like 15 recruits to come one year. With Weiss here people are wanting to come. Look what he did to Brady Quinn, who went from being a decent qb to being and outstanding one. Willingham was set up with Davies recruits(Davies happened to be a great recruiter) and Weiss was set up with Willinghams(see above).

NDFootball
09-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Nevermind that they have identical records in the exact same amount of time. . . .

yes Charlie Weis is so horrible, he only won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.

I mean...everyone's done that. Hasn't Mack Brown? Or Willingham? No they haven't? Ok enough said.

District303aPastPlayer
09-25-2006, 02:02 AM
anyone remember Carlyle Holiday?

SintonFan
09-25-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
This is why people never take what you say seriously.
And like you could ever hold a candle to anything Phil has said? Stop badgering the poor Sinton Folk and grow up.
I'm tired of ex-ROMmies like you posting crap like this.:mad:

WestTXLonghorn
09-25-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
yes Charlie Weis is so horrible, he only won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.

I mean...everyone's done that. Hasn't Mack Brown? Or Willingham? No they haven't? Ok enough said.

Man. . .you sure are getting defensive. Especially when nobody said that Charlie Weis was horrible. We just said that he had an identical record the same length into his contract as Tyrone Willingham.

Also. . .Charlie won those Super Bowls with Romeo Crennel coaching the defense. . .Bill Bellichek coaching the team. . .and he had players like Tom Brady to work with. Oh yeah. . .and those wins were in the NFL.

Notre Shame is yet again overrated. Give Charlie some time. . .let him get his own players in there. . .let him learn how to coach a defense (or find a coach that can) and then the Domers and Fat Charlie will deserve the hype.

bulldogman06
09-25-2006, 02:42 AM
Wait, ND is overrated because of one loss? dang, i guess Texas and everone else who lost a game is overrated also.

WestTXLonghorn
09-25-2006, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Wait, ND is overrated because of one loss? dang, i guess Texas and everone else who lost a game is overrated also.

No. . .ND WAS overrated because they were sitting at the #2 spot without doing a damn thing the year before to deserve it.

You're telling me that Michigan State would take all the other teams below ND in the Top 25 to the wire? Seriously. . .please. . .if you're telling us that state it now in clear language so when the Spartans have ANOTHER losing season. . .kinda like last year after they BEAT ND. . .we can all look back and see your pick and laugh.

ND has a shoddy defense. ND's offense is NOT clicking like everyone thought it would. The reason for this might be because ND is actually playing some teams that win football games and have decent defenses. Even a lot of the sports media have seen the light in regards to ND. . .why haven't you?

They are at a much more deserving spot in the polls right now @ #12. So they aren't THAT overrated anymore. . .

Actually, I hope ND gets their stuff together and beats USC at the end of the season. That way if my Horns can't make it to the title game because of our 1 loss, we might actually get the chance to embarrass the Domers in a bowl game like the Bucks did last year.