PDA

View Full Version : Baylor vs Army

Adidas410s
09-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Baylor just tied it up with a FG with 45 seconds left in the game

Army 20
Baylor 20

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard?confId=4&weekNumber=4&seasonYear=2006

GetRDoneStangs
09-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Army beats Baylor in OT!!

Army 27
Baylor 20

WOW!!!!!

PPHSfan
09-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Army is playing great this year.

GetRDoneStangs
09-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Army is playing great this year.

true... true....

Scared the heck out of the aggies last week!

PPHSfan
09-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
true... true....

Scared the heck out of the aggies last week!

PLAYED the heck out of the aggies would be a better way to say it.:D

GetRDoneStangs
09-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Well put....

Tres Lobos
09-23-2006, 11:09 PM
baylor sure has had some tough losses this year

Macarthur
09-23-2006, 11:42 PM
i'm getting pretty tired of baylor.

they are getting hype like crazy and for what reason? morris has done well, but i think they need to win a bowl game before they get so cocky. morris has been talking trash for a couple of years now.

sahen
09-24-2006, 12:29 AM
very disappointing...thats all i have to say...i wouldnt be surprised if we went 1-11 now

big daddy russ
09-24-2006, 01:04 AM
WOW! Helluva game. I was pulling for Baylor, but I don't mind seeing Army having the success they've had this year.

SWMustang
09-24-2006, 08:58 AM
I think Baylor is one of the better 1-3 teams out there. Haven't they led at halftime of every game? They just don't seem to be able to close the deal.

hawkfan
09-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
i'm getting pretty tired of baylor.

they are getting hype like crazy and for what reason? morris has done well, but i think they need to win a bowl game before they get so cocky. morris has been talking trash for a couple of years now.

they need to GET to a bowl game first.

Bullaholic
09-24-2006, 09:39 AM
I have a lot of respect for the Baylor athletic program. They are in a major conference, the Big 12, have managed to win a National Women's basketball championship and been pretty respecatble in most of the other sports as well, even though they have had to overcome controversey off the field. They don't have the recruiting draw of many of the big schools, yet they remain competitive. If I was a Bear fan, I would "roar" a little, too.

WestTXLonghorn
09-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I have a lot of respect for the Baylor athletic program. They are in a major conference, the Big 12, have managed to win a National Women's basketball championship and been pretty respecatble in most of the other sports as well, even though they have had to overcome controversey off the field. They don't have the recruiting draw of many of the big schools, yet they remain competitive. If I was a Bear fan, I would "roar" a little, too.

My guess is the Ags better watch out come time for them to play the Bears. That's the new rivalry in Texas.:D

sahen
09-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I think Baylor is one of the better 1-3 teams out there. Haven't they led at halftime of every game? They just don't seem to be able to close the deal. not only have we led at half every game we have had plenty oppurtunities to blow games wide open in the first half yet cant, no wait, refuse to do it...its pretty frustrating, atleast when we got blown out every week it was just kinda funny how bad we are now our ineptness is quite aggravating...we should have won all 3 games we lost, but seriously now im expecting us to fold and go 1-11, dont worry aggies the bears will prolly hang around/lead the first half but we will give it to yall in the 2nd half, its our new style we like to be generous....

SWMustang
09-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by sahen
not only have we led at half every game we have had plenty oppurtunities to blow games wide open in the first half yet cant, no wait, refuse to do it...its pretty frustrating, atleast when we got blown out every week it was just kinda funny how bad we are now our ineptness is quite aggravating...we should have won all 3 games we lost, but seriously now im expecting us to fold and go 1-11, dont worry aggies the bears will prolly hang around/lead the first half but we will give it to yall in the 2nd half, its our new style we like to be generous....

I think most teams that are starting to turn things around go through this. I thought last year was the year of playing competitively but coming up short.

Having the losses piss ya off is better than being numb to losing.

sahen
09-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I think most teams that are starting to turn things around go through this. I thought last year was the year of playing competitively but coming up short.

Having the losses piss ya off is better than being numb to losing.
we lost to army, we rnt anywhere close to turning anything around....our big 12 schedule will be blowout after blowout just like it was in Morriss' first year...if u cant beat army then when u play big 12 teams ur gonna get massacred...basketball season starts in november right? cant wait...:rolleyes:

texasjeremy
09-24-2006, 04:56 PM
we lost to army, we rnt anywhere close to turning anything around....our big 12 schedule will be blowout after blowout just like it was in Morriss' first year...if u cant beat army then when u play big 12 teams ur gonna get massacred...basketball season starts in november right? cant wait...:rolleyes:

At least we have basketball to look forward to, unlike in the past where those teams were down too.

Phil C
09-24-2006, 05:58 PM
very disappointing...thats all i have to say...i wouldnt be surprised if we went 1-11 now

HEY THIS IS A MUCH IMPROVED ARMY TEAM THAN JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO AND IS GETTING BETTER. IT IS NO DISGRACE TO LOSE TO GREAT TEAMS! ARMY IS NOT THE PUSHOVER IT WAS OF A FEW YEARS PAST AND IS COMING BACK SO THIS IS A GOOD REFLECTION ON BAYLOR. REMEMBER ANY TEAM WITH BILL BRADLEY AS IT'S DC IS VERY DANGEROUS INDEED.

Besides I admire Baylor because they are a good christian school that has high morals and great integrity. Plus they have not had any major scandles on the whole.

sahen
09-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Phil there is no reason to kick us when we are already down, esp. bringing back up the basketball scandel from a few years ago is a little juvenile dont you think?...

Anyway, Army lost to Arkansas State and barely beat Kent State in OT, i wouldnt call that anywhere near good...

Phil C
09-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Phil there is no reason to kick us when we are already down....

Army lost to Arkansas State and barely beat Kent State in OT, i wouldnt call that anywhere near good...

Army is a much better team now than they were when they lost to Arkansas State.

Phil C
09-24-2006, 06:57 PM
When Army fought the Aggies even though they lost they gained confidence and are on the rise to being a major power like the old glory days.

sahen
09-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Army is a much better team now than they were when they lost to Arkansas State.
either that or the Aggies and the Bears arent that good...i havent seen a team go from absolutely horrid to great in such a short time...i'll give u that Army is better, but much better i cant see....A&M and Baylor are both not that good...with Baylor being pretty much crappy at this point

sahen
09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
come on Phil...national power i know ur jsut kidding....atleast i hope so...

Phil C
09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
either that or the Aggies and the Bears arent that good...i havent seen a team go from absolutely horrid to great in such a short time...i'll give u that Army is better, but much better i cant see....A&M and Baylor are both not that good...with Baylor being pretty much crappy at this point

Be Patient.

sahen
09-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Be Patient.
i have heard that for the past 10 + years about my bears...at what point do you finally say thats enough and demand that your school actually try?

Bullaholic
09-24-2006, 07:10 PM
My .o2 sahen......Baylor and TCU should swap conferences.

sahen
09-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My .o2 sahen......Baylor and TCU should swap conferences. that would be stupid, we only suck in football....it stinks to be bad at football in texas, but we are pretty good at everything else we play...