PDA

View Full Version : How bad does Madison want to win tonight?

JR2004
09-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Here's how bad Madison wants to end its seven-game losing streak in the South Dallas Super Bowl: "Losing to Lincoln is like losing your manhood," Madison lineman Corey Bradley said. The senior class wants the final say after listening to Lincoln talk smack for years.>

Here's the article from the DMN from yesterday about today's game between these two rivals who have a severe dislike and borderline hate for each other.

It's McNeal's last run at Lincoln

Madison RB McNeal has one final chance to beat archrival

Shawnbrey McNeal should be mentioned in conversations about the best athletes in Madison history.

McNeal, a senior tailback who recently committed to Texas A&M, has been a primary factor in the football program's return to prominence. He starred for a team that ended a 13-year postseason drought by advancing three rounds in the Class 3A Division II playoffs the last two seasons.

And McNeal has been even more successful in track. He's the two-time defending 3A 100-meters champion and ran the anchor leg on the state-title sprint-relay team as a freshman.

But there is a glaring omission on McNeal's long list of athletic accomplishments. He has sputtered in the South Dallas Super Bowl. McNeal gets his last chance for neighborhood bragging rights when Madison meets Lincoln on Saturday night at Kincaide Stadium.

McNeal gained a total of 24 yards on 28 carries in two losses to Madison's archrival as Lincoln extended its winning streak in the series to seven games. He's rushed for 7.3 yards per carry and 32 touchdowns against everybody else since the beginning of his sophomore season.

"We've been lucky," Lincoln coach Jerry Sands said with a wry smile.

Lincoln defensive end Richetti "The Machete" Jones, an Oklahoma State recruit, isn't so politically correct when asked how Lincoln has contained McNeal.

"We bust him in the mouth from the beginning," Jones said. "All you have to do is bust him in the mouth and he's done for the game."

Jones guarantees another meager yardage total for McNeal in another Madison loss, although he acknowledges that McNeal is a threat to score every time he gets in the open field.

McNeal sees a lot of almosts when he watches tapes of the last two losses to Lincoln. He sees several plays that were one block or one juke away from going a long way.

"There were a whole bunch of those," McNeal said, whistling and shaking his head.

McNeal expects an experienced offensive line to give him room to run. Madison has four offensive linemen who started last season – guards Corey Bradley (6-2, 270) and Damien Allen (6-2, 250), left tackle Allen Lee (6-4, 255) and center Dominique Turner (6-2, 255).

"They've told me, 'Don't worry,' " McNeal said. "When they get going early, it's going to be great."

Madison must keep Jones, ranked by Rivals.com as the state's top defensive recruit, out of the backfield to give McNeal a chance to get going. But coach Ronald Johnson said Madison wouldn't dramatically alter its blocking schemes to account for the 6-3, 240-pound Jones.

"We're going to block him the best we can," Johnson said. "If he catches Shawnbrey, he catches him. But we'll take our chances with Shawnbrey."

(Article by Tim MacMahon)

I hope the game lives up to the hype again this year and that Madison ends this horrible streak against the Purple Tigers. If you're going to this game tonight and you've yet to make it to Kincaide, it's one of the best football facilities in the entire state. DISD really did a great job with it.

kepdawg
09-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I hope it's a good game! I'm heading out there tonight.

JR2004
09-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Time to head out from here and get to a pre-game party. I sent you a pm with contact info. if you want to stop by and say hi before the game gets going. Should be fun tonight!

Cameron Crazy
09-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Good luuck!!