PDA

View Full Version : Post-game gripe

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 10:56 AM
We always stand at our varsity games and most everyone around us does as well. At home, there are very few people that sit during most of the game. I was quite disappointed in many of our fans last night, in the lack of show of support. But I guess the thing that really irked me were the 3 people we were sitting/standing sort of in front of. They "couldn't see" and asked us to move down.....we moved the 6" of room that there was on the other side. They still weren't happy. Grrrrrrrr! You've got 3 feet on the other side of you.....YOU move!

Good GOSH, people! At least pretend like you're there to support the team. None of the 3 of them showed any emotion or support whatsoever. It wasn't a GOLF tournament! I don't care if you're a band parent, cheerleader parent, or just someone who drove to the game. These are kids out there and they need to see/hear that the crowd is behind them instead of the ho-hum attitude they got from quite a few.

Okay....off my soap box now.

Daddy D 11
09-23-2006, 11:02 AM
good point LHPM! i thought the same thing! i can honestly say i did my part when it came to cheering...

pirate4state
09-23-2006, 11:03 AM
HELL, even I stood the whole game and yelled my lungs out!!! :mad: Boo to the LH fans who just sat there! I tell you what, the atmosphere on the LH side was unbelievable. There were just a core group of them, but they had all their little cheers down pat!! :clap: :clap: I think I heard the "GO MEAN GREEN" guy only a couple of times. :eek: :eek: I'm used to hearing him all the time. ;)

It was a great game and I really enjoyed it. Rank it right up there with Sinton/Bellville 2001. I am sorry that I had to miss a Pirate game, but a promise is a promise!! Deb - thanks for your hospitality. LPHMom & PuprleNails & rundoe it was great to meet you!!! LIBERTY HILL now has a new fan!! :inlove:

44INAROW
09-23-2006, 12:47 PM
I wish that I'd of thought to have taken a picture of the LH Crowd......... and vice versa - the stadium was packed on both sides :) Deb - isn't it amazing,, I have not heard/read one thing un-positive about sportsmanship, bad calls, rude opposiing fans.. about the game last night - only good comments from both sides and from nuetral fans..... :clap: :clap: :clap: It was a great game!

pirate4state
09-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I wish that I'd of thought to have taken a picture of the LH Crowd......... and vice versa - the stadium was packed on both sides :) Deb - isn't it amazing,, I have not heard/read one thing un-positive about sportsmanship, bad calls, rude opposiing fans.. about the game last night - only good comments from both sides and from nuetral fans..... :clap: :clap: :clap: It was a great game!

I have one pic, early of the Cuero side. I'll post it later this afternoon.

44INAROW
09-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I have one pic, early of the Cuero side. I'll post it later this afternoon.

Donkey Shane........ I'll be gone soon and won't be back until Sunday night, I'll check it out then.. Have a good weekend :)

Oh and LHPM - I've been known to STAND the entire time at a GOLF TOURNEY and every now and then, sneak in a "GOOD SHOT JOHNNY" :D :D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Oh and LHPM - I've been known to STAND the entire time at a GOLF TOURNEY and every now and then, sneak in a "GOOD SHOT JOHNNY" :D :D :D :D
Good for you! :D

pirate4state
09-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Donkey Shane........ I'll be gone soon and won't be back until Sunday night, I'll check it out then.. Have a good weekend :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/cuerofans.jpg

what you don't see is a section of the visitors side with Cuero fans too. You guys need to boot the band and make room for those fans! ;) :D

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 01:06 PM

Nice shot of my kid's left arm. :D

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Nice shot of my kid's left arm. :D

your kid aint just a lil boy anymore... sweet jesus he is huge

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
I try not to talk about him too much on the board, because I know most people will think I sound like a "mom". ;)

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I try not to talk about him too much on the board, because I know most people will think I sound like a "mom". ;)

well, illt alk about him. he fired off the ball all night, is fast, and big for bein only a soph. look for great things from him really really soon

pirate4state
09-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Nice shot of my kid's left arm. :D I have 3 others that are much better if you'd only ANSWER me!! :D

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 01:20 PM
AND.............

To all you fans who screamed your lungs out last night, many many kudos! :)

un b weavable
09-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Do you have any more pictures of the game? Im really bored at work and that could keep me entertained for a little bit.

AggieJohn
09-23-2006, 01:26 PM
yall stand at football games................

what a novel concept...............

pirate4state
09-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
Do you have any more pictures of the game? Im really bored at work and that could keep me entertained for a little bit. None of the game. I like to watch the game and have found I am not talented enough to snap pics and pay attention to the game! :p :doh:

Deb has some M&G pics she will post when she gets time. HURRY UP!! :p

un b weavable
09-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Oh well. I was just wondering. Its just really slow here at work. Not many people pick up their A&M tickets 5 hours before game time.

AggieJohn
09-23-2006, 01:37 PM
kickoff's at six-thirty?

un b weavable
09-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Sorry, 4 1/2 hours. Its at 6.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
Oh well. I was just wondering. Its just really slow here at work. Not many people pick up their A&M tickets 5 hours before game time.
I might....have to see what I shot last night. I had to put my camera away early. It's kind of difficult to ring a cowbell, drink a bottle of water, check texts and take pictures all at the same time. :D

LHMom
09-23-2006, 02:59 PM
We always stand at our varsity games and most everyone around us does as well. At home, there are very few people that sit during most of the game. I was quite disappointed in many of our fans last night, in the lack of show of support. But I guess the thing that really irked me were the 3 people we were sitting/standing sort of in front of. They "couldn't see" and asked us to move down.....we moved the 6" of room that there was on the other side. They still weren't happy. Grrrrrrrr! You've got 3 feet on the other side of you.....YOU move!

Good GOSH, people! At least pretend like you're there to support the team. None of the 3 of them showed any emotion or support whatsoever. It wasn't a GOLF tournament! I don't care if you're a band parent, cheerleader parent, or just someone who drove to the game. These are kids out there and they need to see/hear that the crowd is behind them instead of the ho-hum attitude they got from quite a few.

I'm with you, Deb. We have that core group that is going to yell and cheer our hearts out come rain or shine, win or lose. And I guarantee those boys know who is a part of it.

But I too wish we could get the entire crowd to show more spirit and support - ESPECIALLLY when you have 3 or 4 players waving their arms and trying to get everyone going. We'll need it again this week in Wimberley.

GO CATS! BEAT THE TEXANS.

Daddy D 11
09-23-2006, 03:28 PM
i definitly agree with LHMOM.

in my opinion the difference in this years team is just the overall attitude that they bring to the table.

it is the complete opposite from years past, this years team plays with more heart than i think i've seen in a long time at LH.

and i wouldn't say that the "core" group is the only people cheering rain or shine..what about that small handful of kids that stood all game in the front? don't forget about them:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LHMom
09-23-2006, 03:45 PM
There are several "pockets" of folks, didn't mean to imply we were the only ones. Just wish we could grow that to be the majority of folks.

Since I've had a son on the team for the last 5 and not this year, I have trouble conceding on the "more heart" theory, but I do think this years team has the best combination of O and D as we've seen under Vance's era. LH is still an "up and coming" program which is being built upon each year. These boys have seen what it takes to be a 4 and 5 round playoff team, and here's hoping (and EXPECTING) they'll get to 6 this year.

TAMUGRAD
09-23-2006, 05:27 PM
I might....have to see what I shot last night. I had to put my camera away early. It's kind of difficult to ring a cowbell, drink a bottle of water, check texts and take pictures all at the same time. :D

I have been taking over a 100 pictures a game this year, both on Thursday night and Friday night. I snapped 10 last night and had to put the camera away. It was just a very intense game and I could not watch it through the eyepiece on a camera. Not to mention the fact that I would I have a concussion from the camera with all the jumping up and down I was doing. It was one of the best games I have ever seen. Both teams played the game with heart. Liberty Hill, your kids are great. I told them so after the game.

gobbler grad
09-23-2006, 05:31 PM

now that takes talent...:D

Tx Challenge
09-23-2006, 08:11 PM

Last night myself and a couple of my friends were at the game. We were trying to enjoy a nice meal of Lobster Bisque and Patte' This RUDE lady wearing a purple bandana in front of us stands the whole game ringing a cowbell. We politely ask her to move and she moved all of about 6 inches:mad:

We could not even enjoy our casual conversation. In fact we had to yell just to hear each other. The constant screaming from this women made me wonder if she was an escapee from the local loony farm

I did notice while there, there was a kid named Tre Gray and boy he can run fast!:D :D :D

Gobbla2001
09-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Sweet BABY Jesus even...

D303aPP told me when LH was walking out "look for number 74, look for him"... I expected to see that small kid from the Cuero/LH game last year in the playoffs... the kid grew seven feet and is as corn-fed as they come...

he played a great game...

turbostud
09-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Are you allowed to take pictures at football games? I thought it wasnt allowed.

what you don't see is a section of the visitors side with Cuero fans too. You guys need to boot the band and make room for those fans! ;) :D

Gobbla2001
09-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Are you allowed to take pictures at football games? I thought it wasnt allowed.

tell the newspapers that...

you can take pictures

Old Green
09-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Are you allowed to take pictures at football games? I thought it wasnt allowed. It's camcorder's that are not allowed. I think you have to get permission from both school participating to film a game.

turbostud
09-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
It's camcorder's that are not allowed. I think you have to get permission from both school participating to film a game.
Ok, I'd hate to get thrown out of a football game in front of the whole town.

gobbler grad
09-23-2006, 09:03 PM

yeah, we could use another section on each end of the stands...the far right is the student section and further to the left where you can't see, many people are standing...

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Last night myself and a couple of my friends were at the game. We were trying to enjoy a nice meal of Lobster Bisque and Patte' This RUDE lady wearing a purple bandana in front of us stands the whole game ringing a cowbell. We politely ask her to move and she moved all of about 6 inches:mad:

We could not even enjoy our casual conversation. In fact we had to yell just to hear each other. The constant screaming from this women made me wonder if she was an escapee from the local loony farm

:clap: :clap:

Are you sure it wasn't a purple visor, though? :p

Tx Challenge
09-23-2006, 09:52 PM
:clap: :clap:

Are you sure it wasn't a purple visor, though? :p

Actually From the pic. I couldnt tell

44INAROW
09-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Oh yea, did ya'll notice that Tre Gray is FAST?:)

Tx Challenge
09-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Oh yea, did ya'll notice that Tre Gray is FAST?:)

Hmm, seems like that has been mentioned

44INAROW
09-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Hmm, seems like that has been mentioned

you did realize that's why I made the comment (I hope) ;)

Tx Challenge
09-24-2006, 11:07 PM
you did realize that's why I made the comment (I hope) ;)

Certainly, I have been saying this all along:)

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Oh yea, did ya'll notice that Tre Gray is FAST?:) :doh: :doh: I'm glad someone pointed this out to me! :D

Tx Challenge
09-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah but #74 for LH is a beast!:D