PDA

View Full Version : G-P Beats Alice 13 to 12!

Phil C
09-23-2006, 10:49 AM
I know it is 4A but Alice Coach Davis used to coach in Sinton. It seems Alice thought they had scored in the last few seconds but apparantly the officials ruled it short. Coach Davis protested the call. It also seems the officials let too much time (according to Alice) go by before deciding it wasning a td and putting the ball in play thus maybe robbing Alice of a chance to win with a field goal.
It will be interesting to see what the films show. Also maybe our friends Gp83 or GPKing can give us some information on what happened. Either way congratulations to G-P on a great win.

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2006, 11:42 AM
this isnt the first time he has complained about refs in the corpus area. he wrote letter after letter last year complaining about how he doesnt get the calls... you know what, not every coach does. admit a loss is a loss... geez...

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2006, 12:44 PM
but what was davis thinking. Kicked the freakin field goal or pass the ball and if u didnt score then kick it. Bad coaching call the fg was there and he got greedy!!!!!!

AggieJohn
09-23-2006, 01:23 PM
phil, refs don't just "LET" time go buy with out putting the ball in play, we have to go through our checks and reads to make sure our four other compadres are in position, that we have chains ready, that we have the ball correctly spotted, there's a lot too do

piratebg
09-23-2006, 01:33 PM
I talked with a couple of guys who went to the game last night, and they said that Alice didn't have a good kicker. His first EPA was no good because if it wasn't blocked by GP, then they are pretty sure it bounced off the head of one of Alice offensive lineman because it was so low. His kickoffs were also very, very short. I speculate that Davis may not have had that much faith in his kicker and figured his best chance was to try to run it in.