PDA

View Full Version : Next 3A rankings

PHS Wildcats
09-23-2006, 12:45 AM
With the #5, #6, #7 and #10 ranked teams in the AP polls losing, The new polls should be pretty interesing!!!:thinking:

Old Tiger
09-23-2006, 12:46 AM
I like to see some 1 loss teams in the top 10.

PHS Wildcats
09-23-2006, 12:50 AM
It's possible. I wonder how far # 7 Palestine will fall after losing to a very good 4A Jacksonville team 19-17

Old Tiger
09-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Depends on how well some of the unranked teams did that have no losses.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 02:12 AM
It also may depend on how the ranked teams did as well. ;)

Leopards,class of 75
09-23-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
It's possible. I wonder how far # 7 Palestine will fall after losing to a very good 4A Jacksonville team 19-17 They should still be in the top 10.

AggiesAreWe
09-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Silsbee defeated class 2A #1 Newton 27-23 to give them a record of 2-1. The other win was a 54-32 win over class 4A Houston Sterling who the following week defeated top 25 Beaumont Central 45-30. Silsbee's lost was to class 4A Port Neches-Groves.

I think the Tigers should get some votes but maybe not enough to get in top 10.... yet.

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2006, 10:54 AM
i think that Liberty Hill should move up a spot honestly...

sinton66
09-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I would expect Gilmer to be tops and Cuero # 2 in the next round of polls. LH should definately move up.

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I would expect Gilmer to be tops and Cuero # 2 in the next round of polls.

Cuero went the distance with a top 10 team... a team that gave it all it wanted and they still came out... the Ro stays #1

Daddy D 11
09-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i think that Liberty Hill should move up a spot honestly...

i'd have to agree with you on that one, or atleast stay in that number ten spot. The only point in the game where anyone could predict who was going to win was with about 5 second left!

Both sides really showed up and played..

and for Cuero, i'm going to have to see Gilmer before i take them outta that top spot in my mind. The gobblers can really play some smashmouth footballl with those gigantic lines!

sinton66
09-23-2006, 11:14 AM
I understand your point, but in POLLS a #1 shouldn't receive a scare from a #10. What happens in reality has very little to do with polls.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Sometimes sports-writers can cast some hard to understand votes, at least to us fans. # 1 vs # 10....hard to say which take they'll have. # 1 won....as most expected they would. They (sports-writers) could think "they won and deserve to stay on top.....and # 10 lost and should move down". OR, they could think "# 10 should never have held the lead for so long....# 10 moves up and # 1 remains or moves down". Heck, I was just glad I was there to witness the game, regardless of where we end up in the polls. :)

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2006, 11:17 AM
nm

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
7-0 Golden Gophers... Purdue driving... and they almost got into a fight
So should one of them be ranked this week? :p :p

AggieJohn
09-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Silsbee defeated class 2A #1 Newton 27-23 to give them a record of 2-1. The other win was a 54-32 win over class 4A Houston Sterling who the following week defeated top 25 Beaumont Central 45-30. Silsbee's lost was to class 4A Port Neches-Groves.

I think the Tigers should get some votes but maybe not enough to get in top 10.... yet. yeah, they should break top ten, PNG Is amazing

LHMom
09-23-2006, 03:03 PM
My vote (which of course means nothing!) is Cuero stays #1, LH moves up. It was a close match.

Old Green
09-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
My vote (which of course means nothing!) is Cuero stays #1, LH moves up. It was a close match. I don't know about Cuero remaining number one, but Liberty Hill should definitely move up in the polls.

htowntransplant
09-23-2006, 07:28 PM
i think it is safe to call last night seperation friday

MagicMan
09-23-2006, 07:39 PM
I understand your point, but in POLLS a #1 shouldn't receive a scare from a #10. What happens in reality has very little to do with polls.
exactly. that means LH should have been ranked #3 or #4

Buckeye80
09-23-2006, 07:48 PM
1. Gilmer
2. Cuero
3. WOS
4. Giddings
5. Liberty Hill

Sound good to everyone??:D

MagicMan
09-23-2006, 07:55 PM
im predicting giddings to steal enough first place votes from cuero to move gilmer to #1

gobbler grad
09-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
1. Gilmer
2. Cuero
3. WOS
4. Giddings
5. Liberty Hill

no argument here...remember, you need to win last game in December to really be #1...:thinking:

GreenMachine
09-23-2006, 08:01 PM
I agree that Cuero should drop down, but in theory a game between a #1 team and #10 team should be just like it was. There shouldn't be a lot of seperation between teams 1-10.

STANG RED
09-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sometimes sports-writers can cast some hard to understand votes, at least to us fans. # 1 vs # 10....hard to say which take they'll have. # 1 won....as most expected they would. They (sports-writers) could think "they won and deserve to stay on top.....and # 10 lost and should move down". OR, they could think "# 10 should never have held the lead for so long....# 10 moves up and # 1 remains or moves down". Heck, I was just glad I was there to witness the game, regardless of where we end up in the polls. :)

Dang, I'm sorry I missed getting to see this game with you guys. But I had a great visit with my daughter, so it's all good. Congrats to LH for playing such a great game against one of the best in the business!
Who knows what will happen in the polls, but I cant recall ever seeing a team actually move up after a loss, no matter who they lost to. Looks to me like, LH was just way underrated to begin with.

HipposGitErDun
09-24-2006, 08:57 PM
1. Gilmer
2. Cuero
3. WOS
4. Giddings
5. Liberty Hill

:eek: I am glad that you dont have a vote.

sweetwater07
09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I would expect Gilmer to be tops and Cuero # 2 in the next round of polls. LH should definately move up.

definately...

mean_green
09-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe

I think the Tigers should get some votes but maybe not enough to get in top 10.... yet.

I agree, I think they are a legit top 10 team after seeing them on friday. They have some good talent and play that offense to the T. Cuero had some dropped passes in the Endzone that normally dont happen but LH is a good team. Their weakness in the playoffs will be their secondary. They could not match Cuero's speed and athleticism.

Old Tiger
09-24-2006, 09:26 PM
1. Gilmer
2. Cuero
3. WOS
4. Giddings
5. Liberty Hill

Sound good to everyone??:D Dallas Madison #5

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2006, 11:18 PM
1. Cuero (4-0) d. No. 10 Liberty Hill, 31-27.
2. Gilmer (3-0) is idle.
3. West Orange-Stark (3-0) is idle.
4. Giddings (4-0) d. No. 6 Hutto, 29-14.
5. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (3-1) lost to Wimberley in Waxahachie, 35-7.
6. Hutto (3-1) lost to No. 4 Giddings, 29-14.
7. Palestine (3-1) lost to Jacksonville, 19-17.
8. Celina (3-0) is idle.
9. Dallas Madison (3-0) d. Dallas Lincoln, 23-7.
T10. Decatur (4-0) d. Vernon, 14-10.
T10. Liberty Hill (3-1) lost to No. 1 Cuero, 31-27.

I see the new poll as:
1. Cuero
2. Gilmer
3. West Orange-Stark
4. Giddings
5. Dallas Madison
6. Celina
7. Decatur
8. Rio Hondo
9. Midland Greenwood
10. TLE/Hutto/Palestine (one of these 3)

Stownhorse
09-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
1. Cuero (4-0) d. No. 10 Liberty Hill, 31-27.
2. Gilmer (3-0) is idle.
3. West Orange-Stark (3-0) is idle.
4. Giddings (4-0) d. No. 6 Hutto, 29-14.
5. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (3-1) lost to Wimberley in Waxahachie, 35-7.
6. Hutto (3-1) lost to No. 4 Giddings, 29-14.
7. Palestine (3-1) lost to Jacksonville, 19-17.
8. Celina (3-0) is idle.
9. Dallas Madison (3-0) d. Dallas Lincoln, 23-7.
T10. Decatur (4-0) d. Vernon, 14-10.
T10. Liberty Hill (3-1) lost to No. 1 Cuero, 31-27.

I see the new poll as:
1. Cuero
2. Gilmer
3. West Orange-Stark
4. Giddings
5. Dallas Madison
6. Celina
7. Decatur
8. Rio Hondo
9. Midland Greenwood
10. TLE/Hutto/Palestine (one of these 3)

Your gunna bump Decatur that much? I heard they would have lost if it wasnt for a holding...big scare by a medeocre team...if anything leave them at 10

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2006, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Your gunna bump Decatur that much? I heard they would have lost if it wasnt for a holding...big scare by a medeocre team...if anything leave them at 10
I guess it's a good thing I don't get a vote, isn't it. :p Actually, I was looking at my handwritten list, which didn't include opponents.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2006, 06:53 AM
You think Wimberley might crawl back in the top 10?

LHPfactory
09-25-2006, 07:20 AM
I just looked at the ap poll in texas football (texasfootball.com) and the top 20 dropped us to #20 from 19. Wimberly went from #10 to #5, Cameron #15 from #16. Hutto dropped to #14 from #8. Liberty Eylau dropped to #13 from #4 after getting their butts handed to them from yall. .....................:confused:

Cuero was tested by a real team last friday and yet they still sit one behind Gilmer in texas football.........:confused:

The bottom line is that ranking (at least in the texas football ap) means little on friday nights. I have been following all the polls closely and I only see 3 maybe 4 schools (1 of which slightly did last friday) with the potential to to beat Liberty Hill , However, the ap poll lists 19 schools that are supposed to be better.

All that being said tell your boys to strap it on this friday cause its gonna be on in the grand canyon (IE wimberly).

wimbo_pro
09-25-2006, 07:37 AM
LHPFactory...it's worse than that, in my opinion. Liberty-Eylau is not a top 15 team, in my opinion. I dont mean any disrespect to them, and I know they were riddled with injuries, but I can tell you from last years experience of seeing quality teams, they will not finish in the top 15....maybe not even the top 20.

I am not surprised LH dropped. You rarely move up after a loss...at least not if you are in the top 20.

oldcrow
09-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Man you still hating on Decatur! Are you going to kill yourself if they win state? Damn dude, you guys got beat. It's not college where one lost will kill you team.

big daddy russ
09-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Let's see here:
VERNON
beat 5A Altus (OK) 48-13
lost to Midland Christian 28-7
lost to 4A Mineral Wells 34-28
lost to 3A #10 Decatur 14-10

DECATUR
beat Burkburnett 24-10
beat 4A Fort Worth Brewer (White Settlement) 42-7
beat 3A #10 Sweetwater 40-26
beat Vernon 14-10

Vernon's not a bad team at all. Their losses have come at the hands of stiff competition, and with the exception of Midland Christian (who somebody on here said was a good team) they've been competitive in all their games.

All I really know about Decatur are the scores in front of me, and based on that, I have no problem with them being a top 10 team. If Sweetwater was ahead of them in the polls, then I'd have a problem.

Sour grapes, man. They beat you, now let it go. Maybe they're not as good, but they were that night and that's all that matters. Congratulate them and get on with life.

Phantom Stang
09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Let's see here:
VERNON
beat 5A Altus (OK) 48-13
lost to Midland Christian 28-7
lost to 4A Mineral Wells 34-28
lost to 3A #10 Decatur 14-10

DECATUR
beat Burkburnett 24-10
beat 4A Fort Worth Brewer (White Settlement) 42-7
beat 3A #10 Sweetwater 40-26
beat Vernon 14-10

Vernon's not a bad team at all. Their losses have come at the hands of stiff competition, and with the exception of Midland Christian (who somebody on here said was a good team) they've been competitive in all their games.

All I really know about Decatur are the scores in front of me, and based on that, I have no problem with them being a top 10 team. If Sweetwater was ahead of them in the polls, then I'd have a problem.

Sour grapes, man. They beat you, now let it go. Maybe they're not as good, but they were that night and that's all that matters. Congratulate them and get on with life.
Excuse me, what Stownhorse said was: "Your gunna bump Decatur that much? I heard they would have lost if it wasnt for a holding...big scare by a medeocre team...if anything leave them at 10".
Did he say Sweetwater should be ranked ahead of them? The answer is no, he didn't.

So why did you choose to put words in his mouth? Or is your view of other posters really that immature?

greenpride
09-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Liberty Hill is not getting the respect they deserve. Cuero gets the attention because they have been tested by very good teams and come out with wins. Cuero had 4 starters from the defense on the sideline and find a way to scrap out a win against LH. Cuero year in and year out gets everyone's best shot. Every team marks their calendar when they play Cuero because they know it will be an upset if they can accomplish what not many have been able to do in the recent years.

big daddy russ
09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Excuse me, what Stownhorse said was: "Your gunna bump Decatur that much? I heard they would have lost if it wasnt for a holding...big scare by a medeocre team...if anything leave them at 10".
Did he say Sweetwater should be ranked ahead of them? The answer is no, he didn't.

So why did you choose to put words in his mouth? Or is your view of other posters really that immature?
Here's the short answer to his question: Because Decatur won and the teams that were ranked ahead of them lost.

And maybe it wasn't Stownhorse that said it, but I'm tired of hearing "Decatur isn't that good" from Sweetwater fans. No, I can't pinpoint the posters that said it or the threads in which they were said, nor do I care to take the time to look them up, but I've seen it several times and it's wearing me thin. At face value it looked like another dig on Decatur when Decatur has beat four solid teams.

Sorry if my view of other posters is that immature, but I'll learn to live with myself.

And Stownhorse, sorry to bring you into it if you weren't meaning that as a dig at Decatur. It may have been someone else preaching how much less of a team Decatur was than Sweetwater, and after reading it for a couple of weeks now I may have taken out my frustrations on the wrong poster.

texas'10
09-25-2006, 02:28 PM
What is up with Cameron? They seem to have a playoff berth each year, but never make it past the 4th round.

Mot'r Boat'r
09-25-2006, 02:29 PM
you cant move up liberty hill cuz they played the #1 team a good game..they still lost...UT lost to the #1 team and dropped like 5-6 spots

besides....i think it would be better for Liberty Hill to not get ranked so good cuz then they can just wreck shop in the playoffs!...go panthers!!!

Adidas410s
Originally posted by texas'10
What is up with Cameron? They seem to have a playoff berth each year, but never make it past the 4th round.
I think a lot of schools would be happy going 4 deep every year.

DaHop72
Here's the short answer to his question: Because Decatur won and the teams that were ranked ahead of them lost.

And maybe it wasn't Stownhorse that said it, but I'm tired of hearing "Decatur isn't that good" from Sweetwater fans. No, I can't pinpoint the posters that said it or the threads in which they were said, nor do I care to take the time to look them up, but I've seen it several times and it's wearing me thin. At face value it looked like another dig on Decatur when Decatur has beat four solid teams.

Sorry if my view of other posters is that immature, but I'll learn to live with myself.

And Stownhorse, sorry to bring you into it if you weren't meaning that as a dig at Decatur. It may have been someone else preaching how much less of a team Decatur was than Sweetwater, and after reading it for a couple of weeks now I may have taken out my frustrations on the wrong poster.

Stownhorse
Letterman

Member #: 5580

Story of tonights game is Sweetwater beat themselves and that the bottom line....I could go on forever about how terrible we played but I wouldnt waste my time....Just an all around terrible performance, the wost S'water game I've experienced IN MY LIFE!....and Cobb really didnt show me much, the kid couldnt throw worth a crap...we easly should have beat them by 2 TD's, but good luck on the rest of your season eagles....as for the stangs, I would suit 'em up tomorrow and practice strictly special teams for atleast an hour....I'll get off my soap box

jlwzz
09-25-2006, 05:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by big daddy russ

Nicely said Big Daddy

big daddy russ
09-26-2006, 11:33 AM

I lied with my first reply. I'm definitely talking about Stownhorse. Big thanks goes out to DaHop for pulling up that old quote, and I just saw this gem on another thread.

Now!!...Speacial teams can only get you so far.....They might have great special teams but shotty offense and D....Who is their next opponent BTW?
He was replying to a post about Decatur, BTW.

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 11:56 AM
I lied with my first reply. I'm definitely talking about Stownhorse. Big thanks goes out to DaHop for pulling up that old quote, and I just saw this gem on another thread.

i'm really hoping we get a chance to play Decatur again....
what does snyder always say??...we should have beat them...and they say it all the time...the one time a sweetwater poster says it when its actually TRUE...we get dogpiled....dang its been 2 weeks ago....let it go!!!...congrats eagles yall beat us..want a cookie?

big daddy russ
09-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
what does snyder always say??...we should have beat them...and they say it all the time...the one time a sweetwater poster says it when its actually TRUE...we get dogpiled....dang its been 2 weeks ago....let it go!!!...congrats eagles yall beat us..want a cookie?
I'm not the one who keeps bringing it back up.

NateDawg39
09-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
what does snyder always say??...we should have beat them...and they say it all the time...the one time a sweetwater poster says it when its actually TRUE...we get dogpiled....dang its been 2 weeks ago....let it go!!!...congrats eagles yall beat us..want a cookie? You will probably have to wait another year since yall are goin D-2...and we are D-1 if we make the playoffs

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
You will probably have to wait another year since yall are goin D-2...and we are D-1 if we make the playoffs

yeah by then i won't care...i graduate this year...so come may, so long Stankwater!!!:D

Phantom Stang
09-27-2006, 03:56 PM

It looks like I jumped on my soapbox, and it proceeded to sink straight into the mud. LOL

I want to sincerely appologize for my comment : "So why did you choose to put words in his mouth? Or is your view of other posters really that immature?". In light of the facts as I know them now, that was uncalled for, and I'm sorry.

In regards to the Sweetwater- Decatur game, I hope the Mustangs learned that the game is called "foot"ball for a reason.;) As for Stownhorse's post about Decatur having a "shotty offense", it should be recognized that their O capitalized on the opportunities the Special Teams gave them, and put points on the board. For that, they deserve credit, and congratulations.

Thanks for you're time.:)

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2006, 04:00 PM
It looks like I jumped on my soapbox, and it proceeded to sink straight into the mud. LOL

I want to sincerely appologize for my comment : "So why did you choose to put words in his mouth? Or is your view of other posters really that immature?". In light of the facts as I know them now, that was uncalled for, and I'm sorry.

In regards to the Sweetwater- Decatur game, I hope the Mustangs learned that the game is called "foot"ball for a reason.;) As for Stownhorse's post about Decatur having a "shotty offense", it should be recognized that their O capitalized on the opportunities the Special Teams gave them, and put points on the board. For that, they deserve credit, and congratulations.

Thanks for you're time.:)
:weeping: :weeping: That was beautimous! :kiss: