PDA

View Full Version : Needville 51 Sharpstown 0

Pigtrapper
09-23-2006, 12:30 AM
OK People, you finally have a winning team and where are you. You should be talking this team up. What I saw tonight is the real deal. Stingy defense. Very balanced offense. Great coaching by Roark and staff. I expect to see this team go deep in playoffs. Congrats on great game.

LHMom
09-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I think this is the first post I've seen on Needville.

Any BlueJays out there?

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Needville is another team coming up to surprise folks. They may win their district at this rate. Way to go BlueJays.

htowntransplant
09-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Pigtrapper
OK People, you finally have a winning team and where are you. You should be talking this team up. What I saw tonight is the real deal. Stingy defense. Very balanced offense. Great coaching by Roark and staff. I expect to see this team go deep in playoffs. Congrats on great game.

who exactly is sharpstown?? wasnt needville pretty good last yr?

tigerpride_08
09-23-2006, 08:43 PM
they played a fairly easy pre-district...

carter08
09-23-2006, 08:45 PM
good job

tigerpride_08
09-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by carter08
good job

i guess...

carter08
09-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i guess...

51-0 is good

tigerpride_08
09-23-2006, 09:20 PM
well that also sort of did that to Calhoun...all im sayin is that played a simple pre-district...

maestro
09-23-2006, 09:42 PM
you put 50 plus points on the board and you're doing things right.

yes, needville will have their say in district

raider red 2000
09-24-2006, 08:59 AM
well that also sort of did that to Calhoun...all im sayin is that played a simple pre-district...

you wont have a chance to see the jays until week 10.

no real reason to start talkin smack just yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

sharpstown is an inner city houston school. 4 A.

harris poll has them ranked somewhere around 200 or so.

DaRaiderz
09-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Pigtrapper
I expect to see this team go deep in playoffs.

If that's going to happen, Needville better make sure Columbia doesnt make the playoffs. If Needville goes D2, their first round opponent is likely to be either Bellville or Giddings. There will be no deep playoff runs in Needville if they have to play one of those two in the first week.

wedo
09-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by DaRaiderz
If that's going to happen, Needville better make sure Columbia doesnt make the playoffs. If Needville goes D2, their first round opponent is likely to be either Bellville or Giddings. There will be no deep playoff runs in Needville if they have to play one of those two in the first week.

I thought needville was the biggest school in that district!! Even bigger than west columbia!!!

wedo
09-24-2006, 09:37 PM
they played a fairly easy pre-district...

I could of swore sharpestown was 5a! Could be wrong though!!

District303aPastPlayer
09-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Calhoun isnt a pushover... want proof... ask ingleside about the thumping they got this past friday

44INAROW
09-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
who exactly is sharpstown?? wasnt needville pretty good last yr?
I watched them play LH last year in the playoffs in Bryan - that game could have gone either way..... I don't know anything about the town, team or history, but I personally know Coach Roack and he is a great coach! Looking for good things from the BlueJays :clap:

awizzy
09-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by wedo
I thought needville was the biggest school in that district!! Even bigger than west columbia!!!

no west columbia is indeed the biggest

DaRaiderz
09-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Calhoun isnt a pushover... want proof... ask ingleside about the thumping they got this past friday

Calhoun is a pushover. Ingleside got thumped because they're apparently a pushover too.

pancho villa
09-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Columbia is the biggest school in the district. And 1-2 after non-district play. They open dist. play this week with the Sweeny Bulldogs.

neck_94
09-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Sharpstown is a 5a powerhouse that needleville completely destroyed.

needleville plays good defense and offensively they the play a 4 yards and a cloud of dust type of offense.

They have as good a chance as any in 24-3A to win the district championship.

LHPfactory
09-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Sharpstown makes Austin Reagan look like a charter school (i used to be a cop in houston). Sharpstown has one of the highest drop out rates in the state and cant keep players passing courses let alone focus on football. Ill be clear not all of the kids there are bad, however, The school is not an accurate bench mark of potential when teams are victorious over them. Now if they would have beaten Needville, well that district with wc, and the bulldogs would eat the blue jays up... That being said i think Needville will be the best in that district this year...:thinking:

LHPfactory
09-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by neck_94
Sharpstown is a 5a powerhouse that needleville completely destroyed..

Sharpstown just dropped down to 4A with around 1800 kids (beginning of year enrollment). they are dead last in district 20-4A. Dey Dont be no Power house in 5A..........more like an outhouse:) (they went 0-10/0-6 district last year)

By the way I graduated from Brazosport HS in 89, we used to be ur rival back in the day..... BPORT is looking like an out house these days as well. did u play roughneck ball?

neck_94
09-25-2006, 08:14 AM
bport is on the way... they have speed and play hard, always have...

and they are getting familar with the new coach and his system. So they will be okay.

I agree, as of now needleville looks to be the front runner in 24-3A

g$$
09-25-2006, 08:21 AM
Good job to Needville for taking care of their business. But, for the guy above who called Sharpstown a "powerhouse", you might want to do some checking before making off-base statements. Sharpstown has become a very rough neighborhood w/ lots of hs drop-outs. In fact, the largest concentration of gang activity in the Houston Area (source: Houston Chronicle Sunday article about 2 months ago). Once upon a time, Sharpstown (SW Houston) was a good athletic program & a nice place to live. Not anymore as the former cop above noted.

Sharpstown has not been anything since Greg Swindell & Rusty Richards in baseball; Joseph Addai (LSU, Colts) had his moments on bad football teams. That baseball team was very good led by the 2 former Longhorns & MLB players in the early '80s.

This 24-3A district is wide-open. Who knows - WC if they get Flannel healthy, if Sweeny shows improvement w/ qb healthy & other changes they made, Wharton has talent as always, & Needville has shown they are to be reckoned with last year & again now. I don't see Sealy, Columbus, Royal, or Stafford being in the hunt. Now let's play the games & see how it comes out.

Enrollment:
WC = 833.5
Stafford = 825
Needville = 790.5
Sealy = 732
Sweeny = 648.5
Wharton = 636
Columbus = 491
B. Royal = 426.5

Specklebelly
09-25-2006, 10:37 PM
I predict Needville will win this district and I wish them all the luck in a playoff run. Any draw they could possibly run into will be tough in Region 3 but they definitely will not be an easy out for anyone.