PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater/Canyon wrap up

football4life
09-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Here's my take on the game tonight:

Sweetwater has the best rushing trio or quartet i have ever seen in person. those guys are tremendous athletes, in every facet. the qb has an underrated arm, what few throws he made were usually right on the mark. (hopefully he is alright, he took a nice shot late in the game) i thought our defense did pretty good, considering they were on the field at least 80% of the game. No exaggeration. it's tough to stop those guys when you're 100%, not to mention when you've been on the field that long. congrats to the swwater O, they did their thing, and i can't see many teams being able to do much about that.

Now to our O that was pretty hyped up. I'll take my crow here, but IMO, we left a whole lot of points out there, and this game should have been much closer. We were stopped on 4th and less than one inside SW territory twice, two crucial turnovers, bad drops. Ok, excuses, yes. They will have to work those out. a lot of credit to the opportunistic SW defense. again they had a lot of really good athletes, i just thought we didn't take advantage of the mustang's only weakness in my mind.

One last thing, i was very impressed with the overall class of SW coaches and players, the actions after the game were very good to see, the teams getting together afterwards and the coaches talking. I have a lot of respect for Coach Jackson and co.

However, the most disturbing thing tonight was seeing the much talked about ********* absolutely humiliate himself and his name by walking towards our student section and grabbing his crotch and pounding his chest. just ridiculous really. keep it up man, you are one classless talent. :clap: :rolleyes:

Mustangpride09
09-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Just a warning, your probably going to take alot of heat for that last paragraph when Sweetwater fans get home.

thewyliefan
09-23-2006, 12:33 AM
are we in the pros now??

Ranger Mom
09-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Just a warning, your probably going to take alot of heat for that last paragraph when Sweetwater fans get home.

If it's true....what can you say??

Football4life isn't one to get on here and make something like that up...so maybe someone else can explain what he saw!!

Mustangpride09
09-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Then can I talk about the 5 late hits Canyon had against Sweetwater last night in the JV game? Our quarterback was tackled out of bounds and slammed onto the track, the coach didn't even take the guy out.

Old Tiger
09-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Wait till you see Giddings/Liberty Hill's backs :eek:

Giddings;
Brock Fitzhenry(QB) - 4.3 40
Devon Jarmen(FB) - 5'10 260
Brandon(RB) - 4.4 40
The other RB - not so good but those top 3 are amazing

LH - From what I hear is da bomb!

Ranger Mom
09-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Then can I talk about the 5 late hits Canyon had against Sweetwater last night in the JV game? Our quarterback was tackled out of bounds and slammed onto the track, the coach didn't even take the guy out.

Sure...talk away!!

Mustangpride09
09-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sure...talk away!!

Bleh. Pretty much already explained it.

Ranger Mom
09-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Bleh. Pretty much already explained it.

LOL!!

I will keep a CLOSE eye on this thread...if it gets out of hand, it's GONE! I am curious as to what happened though!

WestTXLonghorn
09-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Probably **** having a little fun not intending to offend anyone and a few fans from Canyon getting bent out of shape about it.

"Walking towards the student section" is kinda vague. I could understand if he ran up to Canyon's sideline and started mouthing off, but who cares where he walks as long as he's around midfield?

Also, with grabbing the crotch. . .I'd like a better explanation on that. If it was like a Michael Jackson grab then ok, maybe that's out of line. However, if it was just a natural place to have his hand when he was pumping his chest (which all athletes do these days) then give the kid a break.

**** has been known to get a little rowdy, but I think Coach J. probably has a good handle on him. If he was out of line they'll see it in the film room and he'll get an earful, I guarantee you.

NateDawg39
09-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Well...I think Canyon is just a bit upset about losing....we all do it! Sweetwater did it last week. I mean finding something to complain about other than the actual butt kicking!

NateDawg39
09-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Im sure Decatur would have complained about the late hits on Cobb or on our backs...or about some stupid call.:rolleyes:

Snyder_TigerFan
09-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Also, with grabbing the crotch. . .I'd like a better explanation on that. If it was like a Michael Jackson grab then ok, maybe that's out of line. However, if it was just a natural place to have his hand when he was pumping his chest (which all athletes do these days) then give the kid a break.

**** has been known to get a little rowdy, but I think Coach J. probably has a good handle on him. If he was out of line they'll see it in the film room and he'll get an earful, I guarantee you.

Oh, come on. Grabbing your crotch is just that.....Grabbing your crotch. The guy needs a reality check before things get out of hand.

X-SW-H20-coach
09-23-2006, 05:57 AM
Well..............I just got home, why am I not surprised? Yes I seen it too. I think Canyon is a class act and very respectful club. I am sure they have one or two individuals that embarress there school to by there imature actions. These individuals are usually are not very well respected in there home community by teachers, police or fellow teammates. You know, its always the teachers, cops and coaches "picking" on them. Coach Jackson and his staff have tried everything to get certain ones to take a little pride ..........I have already said to much so I am heading back east. .............Good evening and cograts to the Big Red!

Tiger Baseball
09-23-2006, 07:28 AM
Mustangs ground Eagles

Canyon suffers first loss

By Roger Clarkson
roger.clarkson@amarillo.com
Publication Date: 09/23/06

If a football team takes advantage of field position and forces the advantage in turnovers, it has a good chance of finalizing the advantage on the scoreboard.

Sweetwater's ball-hogging running attack won short fields to drive in the first half. The Mustang defense created a pair of second-half turnovers, and Sweetwater beat Canyon, 34-14, in front of about 4,000 fans Friday at Kimbrough Memorial Stadium.

Sweetwater (3-1) controlled the momentum, the clock and eventually the scoreboard by rolling up 376 rushing yards and 23 first downs. Three Mustang runners stepped off at least 90 yards, and Sweetwater did not turn the ball over. Sweetwater locked up the game when it converted a second-and-35 from the Canyon 45 into a touchdown in three plays, all with the starting quarterback on the bench with an injury. Canyon suffered its first loss of the season and is 3-1.

"If you want to be good, you have to play good people, and Sweetwater is one outstanding team," Canyon coach Blake Bryant said. "Give them credit. They are very good at what they do and gave us trouble all night."

Sweetwater's wishbone option dictated tempo through much of the game. Halfback Skye Green led all rushers with 109 yards and two touchdowns. Quarterback Duone Cunnings ran for 97 yards and threw a touchdown pass before getting the wind knocked out of him in the fourth quarter.

Joseph Banyard added 93 yards and three touchdowns for the Mustangs.

"Their wishbone is now what our spread used to be," Bryant said. "You don't hardly ever see it. You're not used to preparing for it. When you execute it as well as they do and you have the backs that they do, it's hard to stop."

Sweetwater all but put the game out of reach early in the fourth quarter. Sweetwater moved to the Canyon 2-yard line, but a series of penalties pushed the ball back to the Canyon 45. Cunnings got the breath knocked out of him after a heavy hit on one of Sweetwater's four pass plays. Backup Thomas Holsey came in and promptly carried 18 yards. He threw a 25-yard pass to Justin McAdams to convert a third-and-20. Banyard ploughed into the end zone to give Sweetwater a 27-7 lead with 11:34 left in the game.

"We're kind of dinosaurs," Sweetwater coach Kent Jackson said. "This is what we do. We run the option and try to control field position and the clock. It's good to see kids come back from adversity. The 80-yard runs are nice. But you don't get those against quality teams. What you like to see is how kids respond to adversity, and they did well."

Canyon took an early lead when it marched 72 yards in 10 plays on its first possession to a 4-yard touchdown run by Jake Romero.

But Sweetwater responded by taking its first possession 60 yards to a touchdown. Sweetwater threw four times in the game, but the first was a pass from Cunnings to Banyard for a 4-yard touchdown. Sweetwater forced a punt on the next Canyon possession. Then the Mustangs drove to a 3-yard touchdown run by Banyard, and Canyon labored uphill the rest of the night.

"Field position means everything," Banyard said. "It's always important to maintain control of the ball and keep possession. You've got to get the short field and take advantage of it."

Canyon's passing game worked for the most part, but Sweetwater limited the downfield strikes. Anthony Ramos completed 20-of-28 passes for 233 yards with one interception. Romero scored both of Canyon's touchdowns on short runs. Romero finished with 50 rushing yards. Weston Dean caught six passes for 98 yards, and Josh Smith added seven catches for 80 yards.

Sweetwater 7 6 6 15 - 34

Canyon 7 0 0 7 - 14

C: Jake Romero 4 run (Brice Otto kick).

S: Joseph Banyard 4 pass from Duone Cunnings (James Beckwith kick).

S: Skye Green 3 run (kick failed).

S: Green 35 run (run failed).

S: Banyard 3 run (Green run).

C: Romero 1 run (Otto kick).

S: Banyard 54 run (Beckwith kick).

SWEETWATER CANYON

First downs 23 17

Yards rushing 56-376 28-82

Yards passing 45 233

Total yards 421 315

C-A-I 3-4-0 20-28-1

Punts-avg. 4-37 2-38

Fumbles-lost 0-0 2-1

Penalties-yards 14-109 6-43

Individual Statistics

Rushing-Sweetwater: Green 15-109, Cunnings 15-97, Banyard 18-93, Auston Davis 7-44, Thomas Holsey 3-38, Team 1-(minus 2). Canyon: Romero 10-50, Anthony Ramos 8-14, Eid Al-Dosari 3-6, Taylor Hawkins 2-13, Team 1-(minus 1).

Passing-Sweetwater: Cunnings 2-3-0, 20 yards, Holsey 1-1-0, 25 yards. Canyon: Romero 20-28-1, 233 yards.

Receiving-Sweetwater: Justin McAdams 1-25, Davis 1-16, Banyard 1-4; Canyon: Josh Smith 7-80, Weston Dean 6-98, Mitch McCarty 4-36, Shawn Shepherd 2-15, Tyler Vaughn 1-17.

Click here to return to story:
http://www.amarillo.com/stories/092306/hss_5649508.shtml

© The Amarillo Globe-News Online

Adidas410s
09-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Probably **** having a little fun not intending to offend anyone and a few fans from Canyon getting bent out of shape about it.

"Walking towards the student section" is kinda vague. I could understand if he ran up to Canyon's sideline and started mouthing off, but who cares where he walks as long as he's around midfield?

Geez...could you not play homer for one post? F4L is definitely not just some fly by night guy that would come on here and make some BS accusations. He was an all-state performer in both football and baseball for Canyon the past few years and any of us that have seen him play and/or met him can tell you that he is a talented player and a good all-around guy. He's also smart enough to know what he can and can't say on a board and not get flamed for it.

To sit here and say that "oh **** was just having a little bit of fun" makes you sound like an absolute classless moron. If you consider making taunting gestures (pounding your chest, grabbing your crotch) "having fun"...then you need to have a bit of a reality check and figure out where you missed the definition of winning with class and showing respect to others.

Hopefully **** dad will stop by the board and offer his 2 cents on the situation. I haven't seen him around much lately but I'm sure he didn't wander too far off.

Ranger Mom
09-23-2006, 09:02 AM
After reading this post in the "light of day"....it DOES break the rules of naming someone by name! I have gone back and edited everything, I think, and will continue to monitor this thread!

vet93
09-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Maybe he has a bladder infection and a chest cold...in which case grabbing yourself and beating your chest would be perfectly acceptable...Show some compassion!!!

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Oh, come on. Grabbing your crotch is just that.....Grabbing your crotch. The guy needs a reality check before things get out of hand.

Sweetwater96
09-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Great job Mustangs! This was a good win and a great game. I'm glad i was able to make it to the game.

WestTXLonghorn
09-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Geez...could you not play homer for one post? F4L is definitely not just some fly by night guy that would come on here and make some BS accusations. He was an all-state performer in both football and baseball for Canyon the past few years and any of us that have seen him play and/or met him can tell you that he is a talented player and a good all-around guy. He's also smart enough to know what he can and can't say on a board and not get flamed for it.

To sit here and say that "oh **** was just having a little bit of fun" makes you sound like an absolute classless moron. If you consider making taunting gestures (pounding your chest, grabbing your crotch) "having fun"...then you need to have a bit of a reality check and figure out where you missed the definition of winning with class and showing respect to others.

Hopefully **** dad will stop by the board and offer his 2 cents on the situation. I haven't seen him around much lately but I'm sure he didn't wander too far off.

And for all those qualities he wouldn't just be a TAD bit biased since it was his team that lost Friday night. You aren't classless, you're just a moron. People tend to see things differently depending on who they are and the situation they're in. Look at the Oregon/OU debacle. The Oregon fans swear to high heaven they didn't touch the onside kick first while OU fans are sending death threats because of the way they perceived the play.

Pull your head out of your rear. I didn't say one bad thing about the OP. I merely asked for more clarification on what happened before we went smearing some kids' (yes. . .a kid) name in the mud. Need I remind you, the OP did NOT have to call **** names like he did. . .he could have just said "Yeah, it was in bad taste." and be done with it. That right there shows he was pissed and probably not viewing the situation from an objective viewpoint.

Thanks for your post tho Wylie fan. Keeping up the great tradition you guys have as usual.

No..he didn't have to name his name, but you did too on this very post, after I said I went back and edited all the names....please keep the name off the board! Thanks! RM

WestTXLonghorn
09-23-2006, 10:31 AM

Yeah, because Snyder players are the picture of innocence and respectability. The worst games I ever had to play in were ones against Snyder. Not because they had a good football team either. . .

Another example of a biased viewpoint by the way. I'll also readily admit that I have one as well. I'll stick up for a 'Stang player unless I have some irrefutable (sic) evidence that he was acting a fool.

Someone whip out a pic of **** doing his Michael Jackson impression and I'll give in. Also, if Coach J. issues an apology or some such I'll also concede the debate. Until then I'm going to take things with a grain of salt.

and.....once again!! RM :rolleyes:

Snyder_TigerFan
09-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Maybe he has a bladder infection and a chest cold...in which case grabbing yourself and beating your chest would be perfectly acceptable...Show some compassion!!!

:thinking: :thinking: Well, thats certainly a possiblity that I didn't consider.

WestTXLonghorn
09-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, because Snyder players are the picture of innocence and respectability. The worst games I ever had to play in were ones against Snyder. Not because they had a good football team either. . .

Another example of a biased viewpoint by the way. I'll also readily admit that I have one as well. I'll stick up for a 'Stang player unless I have some irrefutable (sic) evidence that he was acting a fool.

Someone whip out a pic of **** doing his Michael Jackson impression and I'll give in. Also, if Coach J. issues an apology or some such I'll also concede the debate. Until then I'm going to take things with a grain of salt.

and.....once again!! RM :rolleyes:

Well his name has already been drug through the mud and it's fairly obvious that the majority of posters in this thread already have out the wood and rope to burn him at the stake. Funny how you people always talk about "class" and "respectability" and whatnot but you'll jump at the drop of a hat to malign a MINOR who plays high school football. Congrats.

Sorry you had to do your job RM. I'll reread all the posts better next time so I don't miss any important announcements.

Ranger Mom
09-23-2006, 10:48 AM

Sorry you had to do your job RM. I'll reread all the posts better next time so I don't miss any important announcements.

I suggest you chill! You have a problem with what I said, take it up in a PM!

Snydertigersrul
09-23-2006, 11:55 AM
I suggest you chill! You have a problem with what I said, take it up in a PM!

Who and what are they talking about RM

SWMustang
09-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by vet93

LOL - I'm with vet on this one:)

football4life
09-23-2006, 12:07 PM

here i will explain it better for you, and i feel like i made it obvious that my post wasn't out of bitterness about the game, just an overall assessment. if i was mad about anything it was watching what he who must not be named do what he did. the kid has an incredible amount of talent. and this wasn't some "adjustment" grab. right before the second half kickoff, he was right on the 10 yard like marker closest to our stands. he turns and takes a couple steps this way, nodding his head, and then does a very nice double grab. then pounds his chest. is this uncommon in football? No. does that mean it has a place in this game? No. SW has a classy team, and a classy coach. And yes every team has their "bad apples," but i haven't seen too much of that in many places in high school, then again i could just be naive. This game was very hard played, not reflected by the scoreboard. SW deserved to win, and they did. I'm not looking for something to complain about either Nate, I saw something that i didn't like, and i voiced it, and it had nothing to do with the game. next question....

Black_Magic
09-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh come on the student body always heckles and calls players name and when a team wins they want to call fowl. I am sure it will not happen again. Snyder has been accused of the same thing every now. I am not saying tehactions if tehy accured are okay either. I just know Canyons student body has a reputation as well.

Snydertigersrul
09-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Oh come on the student body always heckles and calls players name and when a team wins they want to call fowl. I am sure it will not happen again. Snyder has been accused of the same thing every now. I am not saying tehactions if tehy accured are okay either. I just know Canyons student body has a reputation as well.

Anywhere you go in Texas, the home student body and fans are going to heckle the visitors, it's part of the game. Those actions shouldn't be condone, but there is not much school officials can do about it. Usually the ones who complain lost the game. Sounds like by the score Sweetwater rebounded in a very strong way against a good Canyon team. That's an impressive win, especially on the road.

football4life
09-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

Well no kidding, i never said anything about the student body, i figured everyone is aware that EVERY student body at EVERY high school heckles the opposing players. As a player, you should be able to just ignore that, and be more worried about what's going on on the field instead of the crowd.

football4life
09-23-2006, 12:26 PM
And i am well aware of the fact that every thing i say is going to be refuted by the fact that my team lost, because that is everyone's response. that's ok, i had that coming. i can take my crow, i predicted a win by my team, and i was wrong. oh well. i would however like to intelligently discuss this game, which is what i was trying to do, and i'll admit that my comment on the incident was hot-headed, and i could have worded it better. i'll still stick to my guns though, it shouldn't have happened. so now, if anyone wants to talk some more about this, let's get it goin.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by football4life
And i am well aware of the fact that every thing i say is going to be refuted by the fact that my team lost, because that is everyone's response.
I've never thought of you as that type of poster. :)

SWMustang
09-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Anywhere you go in Texas, the home student body and fans are going to heckle the visitors, it's part of the game. Those actions shouldn't be condone, but there is not much school officials can do about it. Usually the ones who complain lost the game. Sounds like by the score Sweetwater rebounded in a very strong way against a good Canyon team. That's an impressive win, especially on the road.

I'm just curious what kind of Elixir STR and Black Magic took today. They had a chance to pounce on questionable Sweetwater behavior and they didn't take it!:eek: :eek:

shadow13
09-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Hopefully **** dad will stop by the board and offer his 2 cents on the situation. I haven't seen him around much lately but I'm sure he didn't wander too far off. He told me that they were calling him the N word and was telling him that he was not S--- and that he had no heart , that's why he pounded his chest to show them he was all heart...lol and as far as grabbing his crotch , well I will put it the way he put it to me , Daddy I didn't do it on purpose ,if I did it ,it was not directed toward them in a bad way and I'm sure if you watch everyone on the field someone will grab their crotch sometime during the game. It is good to know that the SKYE GREEN HATERS CLUB is still alive and well and growing by the week.

WestTXLonghorn
09-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
He told me that they were calling him the N word and was telling him that he was not S--- and that he had no heart , that's why he pounded his chest to show them he was all heart...lol and as far as grabbing his crotch , well I will put it the way he put it to me , Daddy I didn't do it on purpose ,if I did it ,it was not directed toward them in a bad way and I'm sure if you watch everyone on the field someone will grab their crotch sometime during the game. It is good to know that the SKYE GREEN HATERS CLUB is still alive and well and growing by the week.

Sorry, you can't even use your own son's name to stick up for him here. Your post will be edited.

Wish that fantastic playmaker nothing but success in football, track, and whatever else he decides to do.

shadow13
09-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Here's my take on the game tonight:

Sweetwater has the best rushing trio or quartet i have ever seen in person. those guys are tremendous athletes, in every facet. the qb has an underrated arm, what few throws he made were usually right on the mark. (hopefully he is alright, he took a nice shot late in the game) i thought our defense did pretty good, considering they were on the field at least 80% of the game. No exaggeration. it's tough to stop those guys when you're 100%, not to mention when you've been on the field that long. congrats to the swwater O, they did their thing, and i can't see many teams being able to do much about that.

Now to our O that was pretty hyped up. I'll take my crow here, but IMO, we left a whole lot of points out there, and this game should have been much closer. We were stopped on 4th and less than one inside SW territory twice, two crucial turnovers, bad drops. Ok, excuses, yes. They will have to work those out. a lot of credit to the opportunistic SW defense. again they had a lot of really good athletes, i just thought we didn't take advantage of the mustang's only weakness in my mind.

One last thing, i was very impressed with the overall class of SW coaches and players, the actions after the game were very good to see, the teams getting together afterwards and the coaches talking. I have a lot of respect for Coach Jackson and co.

However, the most disturbing thing tonight was seeing the much talked about ********* absolutely humiliate himself and his name by walking towards our student section and grabbing his crotch and pounding his chest. just ridiculous really. keep it up man, you are one classless talent. :clap: :rolleyes: I guess in your book it's very classy to be a racist, because they were calling THAT *********** THE N WORD, very classy people there in Canyon

shadow13
09-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Sorry, you can't even use your own son's name to stick up for him here. Your post will be edited.

Wish that fantastic playmaker nothing but success in football, track, and whatever else he decides to do. Thanks ,I tell him all the time to use this kind of stuff as a motivational tool to success ,that there will always be people out there trying to bring you down and discredit your name. also to be aware of the people who are closest to you ( meaning the people right here in Sweetwater)

mustang04
09-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks ,I tell him all the time to use this kind of stuff as a motivational tool to success ,that there will always be people out there trying to bring you down and discredit your name. also to be aware of the people who are closest to you ( meaning the people right here in Sweetwater)

i miss that kid..tell him reggie said whats up, i havent seen him since like late august

shadow13
09-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by X-SW-H20-coach
Well..............I just got home, why am I not surprised? Yes I seen it too. I think Canyon is a class act and very respectful club. I am sure they have one or two individuals that embarress there school to by there imature actions. These individuals are usually are not very well respected in there home community by teachers, police or fellow teammates. You know, its always the teachers, cops and coaches "picking" on them. Coach Jackson and his staff have tried everything to get certain ones to take a little pride ..........I have already said to much so I am heading back east. .............Good evening and cograts to the Big Red! you said a mouth full ,and we all know why :thinking: :rolleyes:

shadow13
09-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i miss that kid..tell him reggie said whats up, i havent seen him since like late august will do!

shadow13
09-23-2006, 05:55 PM
here i will explain it better for you, and i feel like i made it obvious that my post wasn't out of bitterness about the game, just an overall assessment. if i was mad about anything it was watching what he who must not be named do what he did. the kid has an incredible amount of talent. and this wasn't some "adjustment" grab. right before the second half kickoff, he was right on the 10 yard like marker closest to our stands. he turns and takes a couple steps this way, nodding his head, and then does a very nice double grab. then pounds his chest. is this uncommon in football? No. does that mean it has a place in this game? No. SW has a classy team, and a classy coach. And yes every team has their "bad apples," but i haven't seen too much of that in many places in high school, then again i could just be naive. This game was very hard played, not reflected by the scoreboard. SW deserved to win, and they did. I'm not looking for something to complain about either Nate, I saw something that i didn't like, and i voiced it, and it had nothing to do with the game. next question.... If it makes you feel any better I will personally talk to coach Jackson to see if they saw what you say you saw. Not to condone him if indeed he did do it, but let's not talk about class ,when that kid had to put up with racial slurs during a friendly classy football game.

Tweeder215
09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
I can assure you that IF something like that did occur, that the coaching staff was not aware of it. And being in the fieldhouse all day long with the players and coaching staff I promise that , once again, IF that happened it was under the radar. I've already been through the entire film three times but I'll go back and watch it one more time and try to find out a little more on the situation since when I watched it I wasn't aware of such an allegation...to be continued.

shadow13
09-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I can assure you that IF something like that did occur, that the coaching staff was not aware of it. And being in the fieldhouse all day long with the players and coaching staff I promise that , once again, IF that happened it was under the radar. I've already been through the entire film three times but I'll go back and watch it one more time and try to find out a little more on the situation since when I watched it I wasn't aware of such an allegation...to be continued. Tweeder let me know if he did ,indeed do something like that, because that is something I will not put up with. I have asked him about it and he told me he pounded his chest because they were shouting racial slurs and telling him he was not about s---- ,and that he had no heart, but I did explain to him that he has to not respond to such remarks, because If he reacts in such a manner it could not only hurt him ,but hurt the Team too.

Ranger Mom
09-23-2006, 08:25 PM

Wish that fantastic playmaker nothing but success in football, track, and whatever else he decides to do.

On the contrary, he is here defending his son, I have NO problem with that. I took his name out of the posts to protect his identity! (So sue me, shame on me!!)

Knowing F4L, I knew he saw something.....but I also know there are 2 sides to every story. I wanted the other side to get a chance to tell theirs!

Don't presume to read my mind or know what my intentions are!!

WestTXLonghorn
09-23-2006, 09:03 PM
On the contrary, he is here defending his son, I have NO problem with that. I took his name out of the posts to protect his identity! (So sue me, shame on me!!)

Knowing F4L, I knew he saw something.....but I also know there are 2 sides to every story. I wanted the other side to get a chance to tell theirs!

Don't presume to read my mind or know what my intentions are!!

I wasn't. You're reading too much into my statements. ;)

So where did AdidasBoy or whateverhisnameis go? I'd like a formal apology. . .:cool:

Ranger Mom
09-23-2006, 09:05 PM
I wasn't. You're reading too much into my statements. ;)

So where did AdidasBoy or whateverhisnameis go? I'd like a formal apology. . .:cool:

No clue...they don't normally check in with me when they leave the board!

WestTXLonghorn
09-23-2006, 09:08 PM
No clue...they don't normally check in with me when they leave the board!

Snappy! I like it!

Ranger Mom
09-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Snappy! I like it!

You gotta be to keep this bunch in line!!:)

GetRDoneStangs
09-23-2006, 09:30 PM
You gotta be to keep this bunch in line!!:)

You da woMan!!!:D :D :D

sweetwater07
09-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

i'll be the first one to say that our student body heckles...its part of the excitement of the game....we don't mean to be classless by it...just getting into the game....i would expect that from any home crowd in any town in Texas

Stownhorse
09-23-2006, 10:25 PM
As a player, you should be able to just ignore that, and be more worried about what's going on on the field instead of the crowd.

sounds to me like he had his head in the game...106 rushing yards...idk about u but i would like to see him when his head is in the game.

WestTXLonghorn
09-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'll be the first one to say that our student body heckles...its part of the excitement of the game....we don't mean to be classless by it...just getting into the game....i would expect that from any home crowd in any town in Texas

I remember back in '01/'02 when I was playing for the Mustangs how bent out of shape the Greenwood Rangers got over a few of our fans heckling their players. There was definitely some bad blood there for the first few years, but thankfully I think that rivalry has smoothed itself out.

I think the worst stuff always happens on the field tho. Parents always think their kids are angels in everything they do, but it just isn't the truth. Players talk trash, kick, hit under the pile, etc. and you just have to take it as part of the game. I can't tell you how many times I got cussed at or my family jewels grabbed at while I was playing ball.

sweetwater07
09-23-2006, 11:01 PM
i have heard this many of times....and if you look close...you can sometimes see a little rough-housing on the bottom of the piles

football4life
09-24-2006, 12:28 AM
I guess in your book it's very classy to be a racist, because they were calling THAT *********** THE N WORD, very classy people there in Canyon

hey man, did i ever say anything about the class of our fans? NO. i did not address that, because i have no idea what they said. i have no doubt that they were saying things like that, i wouldn't put it past a lot of those kids. and if you think that what i saw will be seen in film, you're wasting your time, because it occured way before the kick, and they definitely didn't have it rolling at that time. there's no way to "prove" what i saw. if that was an "adjustment" grab, then i am a complete moron. One more thing sir, this is NOT an addition to this "hater club" you seem to be talking about. i saw something classless and tasteless in this sport that i love and have a passion for, and it bothered me much more than losing the game. i apologize that this came out to seem as a personal attack, but if you notice in everything i have posted i have had nothing but respect for the players and the game they played, but one incident in about 10 seconds ruined my awe and respect for the raw talent that that young man possesses.

Technoredneck
09-24-2006, 12:43 AM
, but if you notice in everything i have posted i have had nothing but respect for the players and the game they played, but one incident in about 10 seconds ruined my awe and respect for the raw talent that that young man possesses.
Sad thing about acts like that, the kids never seem to get the message about how much something like that can hurt them. I don't who might have been there watching him but if anyone was you can bet that did not make a great impression.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-24-2006, 01:03 AM
So, you're gonna tell me that there was a group of people calling him the "N" word. I'm sorry, I can't see it. There's no way that people at a football game are going to yell that and be able to get away with it from others in the crowd. Does Canyon not have any black people playing for them? In this day in time I would think something like that wouldn't be tolerated. I have always thought of him as a really great athlete, but I think this shows lack of maturity that he still need to learn.

football4life
09-24-2006, 01:25 AM
So, you're gonna tell me that there was a group of people calling him the "N" word. I'm sorry, I can't see it. There's no way that people at a football game are going to yell that and be able to get away with it from others in the crowd. Does Canyon not have any black people playing for them? In this day in time I would think something like that wouldn't be tolerated. I have always thought of him as a really great athlete, but I think this shows lack of maturity that he still need to learn.

Yes we do have a few black athletes, but i will not be stupid enough to think that there weren't a few morons in the student section. and you guys don't have to step in here, because i promise the next few people that follow will pull out the card on yall being from snyder.

Stownhorse
09-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Who gives a crap about this whole ordeal? Its bot gunna changes the outcome of the game....and in a week or two no one is gunna give a rats a$$ about it so quit cryin

football4life
09-24-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Who gives a crap about this whole ordeal? Its bot gunna changes the outcome of the game....and in a week or two no one is gunna give a rats a$$ about it so quit cryin

alright, if you don't care, then don't say anything. who is crying here? honestly, can we think about our posts before posting? I really wonder if half of the people here actually read the entirety of the posts on the threads before replying, because everything i say is taken out of context. i'm glad you made the obvious point about the game, thanks.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-24-2006, 01:30 AM
I TOTALLY respect that Shadow13 comes on and defends his son. I would do the same thing. I respect the ability of the player in guestion. If you look up my posts in the past, I have thought that Sweetwater has the chance of being a REALLY good team THIS year. THIS is the year. I just believe that if a player has "the ability" then they need not flaunt it. Good luck Sweetwater.

BTW, it ought to be interesting when Snyder plays Canyon in a couple of weeks. And I realize that they (txlonghorn) will use the "you're from Snyder" logic, but I'm just telling it like I feel.

Stownhorse
09-24-2006, 01:34 AM
alright, if you don't care, then don't say anything. who is crying here? honestly, can we think about our posts before posting? I really wonder if half of the people here actually read the entirety of the posts on the threads before replying, because everything i say is taken out of context. i'm glad you made the obvious point about the game, thanks.

In what way was that directed at you? I dont think it was so callete la boca...Ive been keeping up with this thread for a while and it should be over with because the core of the conversation is pointless to argue

shadow13
09-24-2006, 01:37 AM
So what you are saying is that because Canyon has black people there is no way anyone would be calling anyone the N word, WELL ok if you say so, let's say he done it and yes it was the wrong thing to do but who's problem is it, I think it would be mine and Coach Jackson's problem and we both would deal with it in our own way. Do me a favor ,whenever your kid make a mistake could you please post it on the internet , oh I'm sorry your kid wouldn't do anything wrong. It seems to me that some of you are worried about the wrong thing .

Stownhorse
09-24-2006, 01:40 AM
So what you are saying is that because Canyon has black people there is no way anyone would be calling anyone the N word, WELL ok if you say so, let's say he done it and yes it was the wrong thing to do but who's problem is it, I think it would be mine and Coach Jackson's problem and we both would deal with it in our own way. Do me a favor ,whenever your kid make a mistake could you please post it on the internet , oh I'm sorry your kid wouldn't do anything wrong. It seems to me that some of you are worried about the wrong thing .

yea yall need to worry about "big" Sanford-Fritch next this week

football4life
09-24-2006, 01:46 AM
In what way was that directed at you? I dont think it was so callete la boca...Ive been keeping up with this thread for a while and it should be over with because the core of the conversation is pointless to argue

I can't agree that it is pointless because I am being called out by several people, and I am trying to argue my case in point here, which is that it was a good game, the kid is a great player, but i lost my respect for him when i saw what i saw, and that's all i'm saying. i was very wrong in calling him out by name, so i apologize to his dad and everyone else for that. but everyone here is saying how they need proof of this, like it's a crime we are investigating. I am upset about this because it offended me, simply because i hate to see how a lot of kids handle their success and ability in such a negative fashion. yea i know, wake up, it's everywhere in the game of football, they're just "expressing" themselves and their emotions, etc. That's not me, thats not how i was taught. I played with a lot of emotion, and there are definitely other ways to go aobut it. I'm not sorry i brought this up, just the way i went about it.

football4life
09-24-2006, 01:47 AM
yea yall need to worry about "big" Sanford-Fritch next this week

Hey thanks for the heads up.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-24-2006, 01:51 AM

Can you say that you've heard someone say the "N" word at a football game, honestly? Maybe I'm naive, but that's gotta be 10-15 years ago. Personally, if I heard anyone say that, I'd feel like I would have to call them out (I'm white BTW).

Since I'm posting my kid's mistake on the internet, he seems to have a grip problem on his golf club. I keep telling him to put his hands together, but he refuses to it. He's 2, and his right had wanders halfway down the club. Any suggestions?

football4life
09-24-2006, 01:53 AM
yea this thread is about done, if anyone wants to discuss this further, pm me, and i'll try to hash this out.

Stownhorse
09-24-2006, 01:54 AM
Hey thanks for the heads up.

sorry for stating the obvious

shadow13
09-24-2006, 01:55 AM
I TOTALLY respect that Shadow13 comes on and defends his son. I would do the same thing. I respect the ability of the player in guestion. If you look up my posts in the past, I have thought that Sweetwater has the chance of being a REALLY good team THIS year. THIS is the year. I just believe that if a player has "the ability" then they need not flaunt it. Good luck Sweetwater.

BTW, it ought to be interesting when Snyder plays Canyon in a couple of weeks. And I realize that they (txlonghorn) will use the "you're from Snyder" logic, but I'm just telling it like I feel. I will be trying to find out exactly what happened, he told me his side of the story, and that's all I have right now but if I find out that he really grab his crotch in such a manner I will deal with him because he is not raised to act like that, I just hate that I had to work and could not be there , because I sure I would have seen it ,if that's what he done.

shadow13
09-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Can you say that you've heard someone say the "N" word at a football game, honestly? Maybe I'm naive, but that's gotta be 10-15 years ago. Personally, if I heard anyone say that, I'd feel like I would have to call them out (I'm white BTW).

Since I'm posting my kid's mistake on the internet, he seems to have a grip problem on his golf club. I keep telling him to put his hands together, but he refuses to it. He's 2, and his right had wanders halfway down the club. Any suggestions? yes save him the trouble and quit now

Snyder_TigerFan
09-24-2006, 01:58 AM
yes save him the trouble and quit now :D :D

Stownhorse
09-24-2006, 01:59 AM

Since I'm posting my kid's mistake on the internet, he seems to have a grip problem on his golf club. I keep telling him to put his hands together, but he refuses to it. He's 2, and his right had wanders halfway down the club. Any suggestions?

yea you played about 10-15 years ago right? well last time I played was about 2 years ago and I do recall hearing that word being said to the same player we are talking about and there was conflic, it happens in every sport...we were playing a basketball game against Seminole our Fresh. yr. and they kept calling them that and talking about other personal things and also flippin the bird to our fans and fights almost broke out....and its texas there will always be someone saying that just to pick away at people and get them to snap...and goodnight

shadow13
09-24-2006, 02:01 AM

Since I'm posting my kid's mistake on the internet, he seems to have a grip problem on his golf club. I keep telling him to put his hands together, but he refuses to it. He's 2, and his right had wanders halfway down the club. Any suggestions? last yr in Merkel a guy was calling him the N word ,lucky for him I had to work and was not there, and you being from Snyder and you don't know:rolleyes: NAIVE is that really the word you were looking for.

shadow13
09-24-2006, 02:05 AM
yea you played about 10-15 years ago right? well last time I played was about 2 years ago and I do recall hearing that word being said to the same player we are talking about and there was conflic, it happens in every sport...we were playing a basketball game against Seminole our Fresh. yr. and they kept calling them that and talking about other personal things and also flippin the bird to our fans and fights almost broke out....and its texas there will always be someone saying that just to pick away at people and get them to snap...and goodnight good point , I was at that game it was so bad that we didn't even eat in Seminole we drove to another town to eat because we didn't feel comfortable about eating there

Snyder_TigerFan
09-24-2006, 02:05 AM
This thread is getting deep. Guess it'll get closed soon. I'm not racial by any means. If someone call another man the "N" word, they need an ass whooping. Personally, I've never heard a white man call a black man the "N" word. If they do, they are not a real man.

shadow13
09-24-2006, 02:34 AM
This thread is getting deep. Guess it'll get closed soon. I'm not racial by any means. If someone call another man the "N" word, they need an ass whooping. Personally, I've never heard a white man call a black man the "N" word. If they do, they are not a real man. I'm not mad at you or anyone else, I don't let people get under my skin, it's really funny how some people are ,I get a good laugh out of alot the things I hear or see. My only concern is my son and what he does, he may do alot of things ,but he knows if I find out he will have a price to pay, he told me he didn't grab his crotch in the manner that they are saying he did ,and if he is lying and I find out he is mine, until then I have no choice but to go with what he's telling me.

VolcoM187
09-24-2006, 03:22 AM
Talk about class... I had a player from Sweetwater tell me about a player from canyon punching our qb's ribs at the bottom of a dog pile... that is also unacceptable

mustang04
09-24-2006, 03:51 AM

actually...ive heard it yelled SEVERAL times from stands