PDA

View Full Version : Azle / Kennedale

bleedgreen
09-22-2006, 10:57 PM
This was a game where Kennedale capitalized on Azle turnovers / mistakes.

In the 1st period, Azle qb fumbled at his own 30. Three plays later, Aaron LeBruce runs in 23 yards for TD with 4:52 left.

In the 2nd period, Kennedale misses a 30 yard FG. With 1:00 left, Azle's punt is blocked and Kennedale gets a second try at FG...this time it was good from 9 yards out...Kennedale 10 -
Azle 0.

In the 3rd, a punt snap sailed over Kennedale's kicker's head and Azle takes over at Kennedale 29. Azle kicks a 34 yd FG at 0:07 left.

Late in the 4th, Raphael Brooks intercepts deep in Azle territory for TD.

Kennedale has a full stable of running backs and they all performed well.

Azle's defense from side to side was good. Kennedale never had a long drive but neither did Azle. There were plenty of penalties on both sides and on a positive note, Kennedale's defense showed good improvement this week. The run and pass was mixed in well and I'm seeing signs of coming together. One more pre-district game against Arlington Heights next week and I think Kennedale is ready for a good run through 3A-12.

bleedgreen
09-22-2006, 11:06 PM
I forgot to mention that Azle's band is awesome. They put on a great halftime show. It's one of the best I've ever seen. Congratulations on a great organization.