PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel @ Lyford UPDATES

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2003, 08:18 PM
The news isn't good for Port Isabel fans right now....

near the end of the first quarter

Port Isabel - 0
Lyford - 13

Football GOD
10-10-2003, 08:39 PM
JUST IN, LYFORD-25
PI TARPONS-6

MINUTES AWAY FROM HALFTIME,OHOH!NOT GOOD.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2003, 08:44 PM
What's going on down there???? Is Trejo wearing his gloves and fumbling again???? What's wrong?

Football GOD
10-10-2003, 08:55 PM
GOOD QUESTION!!!

NOT SURE ABOUT THE GLOVES,BUT DO KNOW
THEY BETTER WAKE UP.SOUNDS TO ME LIKE
NEXT WEEK'S GAME IS IN THERE MINDS.
HAVE GIVEN UP TO MANY POINTS IN ONE HALF
VERY UNUSUAL FOR ANY TARPON TEAM EVER.
LET'S KEEP HOPE ALIVE ,70'S TARPON TEAMS
WERE SECOND HALF COMEBACKER'S SO I'LL
WAIT & SEE WHAT PRAYERS I CAN ANSWER.
FAITH...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2003, 08:57 PM
I got the impression they were looking ahead as well.

GOD, why does Lyford always play the Tarpons tough???

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 09:05 PM
WOOOHOOO!!!!! Go Bulldogs!!!!!

I cannot believe this one! I'm kicking myself for not going to this one, I was gonna make the 3 mile trip to Lyford but I thought the Fearsome Foursome was gonna annihilate the Bulldogs.

Everyone was quick to discredit the BearKats after there close game to Lyford two weeks ago. But I knew the Dogs were tough, Keep it up DOGS!!!

Football GOD
10-10-2003, 09:14 PM
HALFTIME SCORES

BRO.PORTER-24
LOS FRESNOS-14

RIO HONDO-7
HIDALGO-00

LA FERIA-14
PROGRESO-00

LYFORD-26
TARPONS-6 I PROMISE A COMEBACK ON THIS ONE!

Football GOD
10-10-2003, 09:23 PM
PORT ISABEL -13
LYFORD -26

START OF THIRD QTR.

HARLINGEN CARDS-21
SAN BENITO -07

BRO.RIVERA-12
DONNA -14

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Just heard 3rd Quarter:

Lyford 26
PI 13

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2003, 09:25 PM
GOOOOOO Tarpons!!!! Beat those Bulldogs!!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2003, 09:46 PM
I just heard 26-20 now from my uncle who is at the game, but he didn't tell me how much time is left.

Football GOD
10-10-2003, 09:52 PM
TARPONS-20
LYFORD -26 3RD qtr.

PORTER-24
LOS FRES-14
RIO HONDO-
HIDALGO -

LA FERIA-
PROGRESO-

HARLINGEN-
SA BENITO-

DONNA-21
RIVERA-20

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2003, 09:56 PM
They're coming back, just as you predicted. How much time is left in the game???

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2003, 10:13 PM
I just got an update of 32-20 Lyford. Looks like the Tarpons got snake bit.

No worries. Lyford has beaten us before in the past, and the Tarpons still manage to come through.

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 10:19 PM
I just heard from a friend the final:

Lyford 39
PI 20

Not 100% sure.

Football GOD
10-10-2003, 10:30 PM
ONE THING FOR SURE PASSING ATTEMPTS NEED TO COME UP TO ATLEAST FIFTEEN -TWENTY PER GAME,SORRY BUT FOUR ATTEMPTS WILL CATCH-UP AND BITE YOU.
KUDOS TO LYFORD...TARPONS WELL IT'S TIME TO REFOCUS....NOT THE END OF THE SEASON YET .

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Is 39-20 the final score??? I haven't gotten any verification.

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Yes sir, thats a correct final score.

SintonFan
10-10-2003, 11:20 PM
It looks the Raymondville-La Feria game could decide the district title here. Lyford is no push-over from the look of it. Sorry about the loss Tarpons, you guys will rebound and be fine.

footballgal
10-10-2003, 11:24 PM
SintonFan:
It looks the Raymondville-La Feria game could decide the district title here. Lyford is no push-over from the look of it. Sorry about the loss Tarpons, you guys will rebound and be fine.Not exactly, PI still has to play Raymondville next week and La Feria the week after that and close the season with the Progreso Red Ants as they have a bye in week 10.

footballgal
10-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Ray_BearKat:

Everyone was quick to discredit the BearKats after there close game to Lyford two weeks ago. But I knew the Dogs were tough, Keep it up DOGS!!!Difference here is Tarpons didn't play their game and Raymondville did.

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 11:28 PM
footballgal:

Ray_BearKat:

Everyone was quick to discredit the BearKats after there close game to Lyford two weeks ago. But I knew the Dogs were tough, Keep it up DOGS!!!Difference here is Tarpons didn't play their game and Raymondville did.That fact that PI didn't play there game only shows what kind of team PI is. Lyford quickly cut those egos, didn't they.

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Raymondville brings the game it everytime, they may barely beat a team but they bring it. Next week the Kats take on the Tarpons in PI can't wait for that one.

SintonFan
10-10-2003, 11:33 PM
footballgal:

SintonFan:
It looks the Raymondville-La Feria game could decide the district title here. Lyford is no push-over from the look of it. Sorry about the loss Tarpons, you guys will rebound and be fine.Not exactly, PI still has to play Raymondville next week and La Feria the week after that and close the season with the Progreso Red Ants as they have a bye in week 10.footballgal, that's why I checked the schedule. If PI beats Raymondville, they will have the edge but it's gonna be difficult. The loss tonight put them in a bad position.
You guys got:
Oct17 vs Raymondville
Oct24 at La Feria
Oct31 vs Progreso
That's two big games in a roll. If you guys win the next two weeks then yall should be fine for the playoffs. Good luck. :)

SintonFan
10-10-2003, 11:35 PM
Ray_BearKat:
Raymondville brings the game it everytime, they may barely beat a team but they bring it. Next week the Kats take on the Tarpons in PI can't wait for that one.I'd love to see a rematch with your team in the play-offs but I can only hope. And I will hope and hope and hope! LOL Good luck to you guys, too. wink

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 11:40 PM
Hahaha, whos got the win? I'm gonna hope and hope and hope we meet yall too. Lol Good luck to you guys, too. wink

SintonFan
10-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Do you not think a playoff matchup amongst Sinton and Raymondville be a good game? :rolleyes:

footballgal
10-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Ray_BearKat:

footballgal:

Ray_BearKat:

Everyone was quick to discredit the BearKats after there close game to Lyford two weeks ago. But I knew the Dogs were tough, Keep it up DOGS!!!Difference here is Tarpons didn't play their game and Raymondville did.That fact that PI didn't play there game only shows what kind of team PI is. Lyford quickly cut those egos, didn't they.Your right, you got me there Oz, that does look like the the kind of Team PI is this year, much inconsistancy, which is a darn shame with all that talent. So for those who say heart has very little with winning here is an perfect example of how important it is to play with heart.

<small>[ October 10, 2003, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Over course I do I was just messing with ya. How does the record go?

1998:
Ray 36 - Sin 34
2000:
Sin 36 - Ray 18
2002:
Sin 31 - Ray 6
2003:
Ray 31 - Sin 28
Ray W - Sin L (in playoffs,*crossing fingers)

La Feria never gave yall a good game anyways.

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 11:50 PM
footballgal:

Ray_BearKat:

footballgal:

Ray_BearKat:

Everyone was quick to discredit the BearKats after there close game to Lyford two weeks ago. But I knew the Dogs were tough, Keep it up DOGS!!!Difference here is Tarpons didn't play their game and Raymondville did.That fact that PI didn't play there game only shows what kind of team PI is. Lyford quickly cut those egos, didn't they.Your right, you got me there Oz, that does look like the the kind of Team PI is this year, much inconsistancy, which is a darn shame with all that talent. So for those who say heart has very little with winning here is an perfect example of how important it is to play with heart.I totally agree with you footballgal, PI can put some numbers up when there in the game. Its a shame the way things are playing out.

SintonFan
10-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Looks pretty good. I don't want to look past district now though. You guys still have a couple of tough games ahead, too. Looks like Oct. 24 and Oct. 31 for district 32 might decide who's in and out. Top three teams play each other those weeks. Gonna be barn burner!

Ray_BearKat
10-11-2003, 12:00 AM
SintonFan:
Looks pretty good. I don't want to look past district now though. You guys still have a couple of tough games ahead, too. Looks like Oct. 24 and Oct. 31 for district 32 might decide who's in and out. Top three teams play each other those weeks. Gonna be barn burner!I know, PI is what I'm really worried about. Looks like they were looking ahead to next weeks game with Ray this week instead of focusing on Lyford. After this weeks b***h slapping, they are gonna be focused and gunnin for Ray especially since were going to PI for this one.

footballgal
10-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Ray_BearKat:

SintonFan:
Looks pretty good. I don't want to look past district now though. You guys still have a couple of tough games ahead, too. Looks like Oct. 24 and Oct. 31 for district 32 might decide who's in and out. Top three teams play each other those weeks. Gonna be barn burner!I know, PI is what I'm really worried about. Looks like they were looking ahead to next weeks game with Ray this week instead of focusing on Lyford. After this weeks b***h slapping, they are gonna be focused and gunnin for Ray especially since were going to PI for this one.A bright spot for me to look forward to this matchup is that PI hardly ever looses back to back games. And when they've lost one they come back the next game with avengence wink

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

footballgal
10-11-2003, 12:06 AM
SintonFan:
Looks pretty good. I don't want to look past district now though. You guys still have a couple of tough games ahead, too. Looks like Oct. 24 and Oct. 31 for district 32 might decide who's in and out. Top three teams play each other those weeks. Gonna be barn burner!It will be very interesting the upcoming two weeks to see who comes up on top.

SintonFan
10-11-2003, 12:09 AM
I truly think Raymondville has the advantage and should take the district title. Good luck to all teams!

Ray_BearKat
10-11-2003, 12:10 AM
footballgal:

Ray_BearKat:

SintonFan:
Looks pretty good. I don't want to look past district now though. You guys still have a couple of tough games ahead, too. Looks like Oct. 24 and Oct. 31 for district 32 might decide who's in and out. Top three teams play each other those weeks. Gonna be barn burner!I know, PI is what I'm really worried about. Looks like they were looking ahead to next weeks game with Ray this week instead of focusing on Lyford. After this weeks b***h slapping, they are gonna be focused and gunnin for Ray especially since were going to PI for this one.A bright spot for me to look forward to this matchup is that PI hardly ever looses back to back games. And when they've lost one they come back the next game with avengence wink All I'm gonna say is that this has been a very odd season for the Tarpons already. Maybe we can make it even weirder by giving yall a rare back to back loss.

Ray_BearKat
10-11-2003, 12:12 AM
SintonFan:
I truly think Raymondville has the advantage and should take the district title. Good luck to all teams!Thank you sure...I'm edging so close to that 100 mark. Got to go watch HS Scoreboard, be back at commercial.