PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 32 Gonzales 0

Pudlugger
09-22-2006, 10:33 PM
La Grange goes 4-0. Bye next week then they play Luling. The Leps dominated on both sides of the ball and made very few errors. I think they are getting to the point where they should be noticed. D23 is going to be a brawl to see who makes the playoffs.:D

MagicMan
09-22-2006, 10:43 PM
heck yeah. cuero is going D1

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
La Grange goes 4-0. Bye next week then they play Luling. The Leps dominated on both sides of the ball and made very few errors. I think they are getting to the point where they should be noticed. D23 is going to be a brawl to see who makes the playoffs.:D

Congrats to the Leopards. There have always been classy teams coming out of La Grange, so good luck to you guys. How is Hunt looking this year?

Bull's-eye
09-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Way to go Leps!! District 23-3A is looking to be very competitive.

theyoefnshow
09-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Could the real La Grange Leps from the 90's be back????

Pudlugger
09-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Congrats to the Leopards. There have always been classy teams coming out of La Grange, so good luck to you guys. How is Hunt looking this year?

Thanks DBDE. Hunt is looking good. He made a beautiful 32 yard reception on the post pattern tonight. The Lep offense is really balanced with a strong running game and multiple receivers with good hands. The O line averages over 250 lbs with two huge guards to protect the qb Woods and open up the middle for the run. Luling will be good and they need to keep improving to be ready for Giddings in the first district game Oct 6.

Pudlugger
09-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Could the real La Grange Leps from the 90's be back????

Actually the best Lep run in recent history was from 1999-2003 where the went 16-4 in playoffs over 5 years 57-13 overall. State Champs 2000 runner up 2001 Regional finals in 2002 and 2003.:D

gobblerfan02
09-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
heck yeah. cuero is going D1 dude shutup....you obviously don't know what your talking about....if cuero goes D1, goliad or palacious would have to be third in our district...I just don't see this happening!

MagicMan
09-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
dude shutup....you obviously don't know what your talking about....if cuero goes D1, goliad or palacious would have to be third in our district...I just don't see this happening!
you dont see that happening why? goliad has won some games this year. gonzales totally sucks. why do u see gonzales making the playoffs?

gobblerfan02
09-22-2006, 11:24 PM
you dont see that happening why? goliad has won some games this year. gonzales totally sucks. why do u see gonzales making the playoffs? I just don't see goliad beating gonzales this year...but, I guess we'll see when district roles around, huh?

SintonFan
09-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Congratulations Leps on the nice win!
It's good to see you guys doing well again.:clap:

cdlvj
09-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks DBDE. Hunt is looking good. He made a beautiful 32 yard reception on the post pattern tonight. The Lep offense is really balanced with a strong running game and multiple receivers with good hands. The O line averages over 250 lbs with two huge guards to protect the qb Woods and open up the middle for the run. Luling will be good and they need to keep improving to be ready for Giddings in the first district game Oct 6.

I think they would really be awesome if coach would simply play Neiser and Callis at running back only. No defense, they would be rested, and then you got the other two backs.

Phil C
09-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I just don't see goliad beating gonzales this year...but, I guess we'll see when district roles around, huh?

You better be ready. Goliad played us great games last year and advanced when they were in our district. I don't think they will beat Cuero of course but against other teams in your district they can compete.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2006, 09:35 AM

would be great for number of reasons but first reason would be to have that Gilmer poster stop crying on how they wont get to face Cuero if they in different divisions.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-23-2006, 09:37 AM

It will be a brawl for 3rd, Beat Giddings or Bellville and then you will get noticed! D23 will be a big step up from La Granges Pre-dictrict.

Aesculus gilmus
09-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
would be great for number of reasons but first reason would be to have that Gilmer poster stop crying on how they wont get to face Cuero if they in different divisions.

You're right. I will go from :weeping: to :D.

Everyone should want to see this matchup, regardless of where their loyalties lie, just like everyone wanted to see Texas vs. Southern Cal.

Cuero, y'all can be Southern Cal, okay? ;)

gobbler grad
09-23-2006, 10:09 AM

kinda looks that way...:thinking: Palacios is my 2nd pick, they have Yoakum and Gonzales at home...the 3rd spot...u pick'em

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 10:57 AM
True La Grange has not played a top 25 team yet. On the other hand Bellville has played one tough team so far and they lost that one- 4A Barber's Hill. BH (3-0) is probably a better team than Lockheart (2-1), a 4A team the Leps beat in week 0. Otherwise Bellville's strength of schedule is pretty comparable to La Grange's. I do think the Leps are a better team than what most folks realize and fortunately they will have an opportunity to prove it. If they are to make the playoffs they will need to continue to improve. After the bye next week they will have to take care of business with Luling and not think about the following week in Giddings. The first three weeks of district play for the Leps are Giddings, Caldwell and Bellville. They have to run the gauntlet and win at least one of these games and then beat Nanasota and Smithville to make the playoffs barring any ties and coin flips (a real possibility). District will definitely be interesting.:D

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
kinda looks that way...:thinking: Palacios is my 2nd pick, they have Yoakum and Gonzales at home...the 3rd spot...u pick'em

Yoakum is my pick for runner up in this district. They have had some key players injured who will be back by district. Given the speed and talent they showed against the Leps they should only lose to Cuero in district play. Goliad should beat Gonzales and send Cuero to DI. That's my 2 cents.:D

scotty
09-23-2006, 12:18 PM
So far this year I've seen Bellville, Giddings, Rice, Sealy, La Grange, Yoakum and Schulenburg. Giddings and Bellville have fine teams and are among the best area teams in 3A. Rice with their fine offense, especially their quarterback and skill kids, are better than the other 2A team I've watched. But Schulenburg has a pretty good team and good coaching and should contend in that district. As far as Sealy, La Grange and Yoakum, making the playoffs I just can't get very excited. But La Grange, because of a favorable schedule, is 4-0 and winning breeds winners so who knows. I'm just not impressed with the Lep coaching and talent.

Bull's-eye
09-23-2006, 12:38 PM
True La Grange has not played a top 25 team yet. On the other hand Bellville has played one tough team so far and they lost that one- 4A Barber's Hill. BH (3-0) is probably a better team than Lockheart (2-1), a 4A team the Leps beat in week 0. Otherwise Bellville's strength of schedule is pretty comparable to La Grange's.

Bellville defeated Sealy 35-7 as where LG had to score late to beat the Tigers. Bellville destroyed Columbia 42-13, a team that was ranked in the top 25 and was the favorite to win D24-3A. Good wins for LG over Yoakum & Gonzales, but those 2 teams have been really struggling of late. Last year, Bellville defeated those 2 schools by a combined score of 85-7. Barbers Hill is definately a lot better than Lockhart.

Great news that LG is 4-0, but those wins don't yet put them on the same level with Bellville or Giddings. They will need to prove that in district play.

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Good wins for LG over Yoakum & Gonzales, but those 2 teams have been really struggling of late. Last year, Bellville defeated those 2 schools by a combined score of 85-7. Barbers Hill is definately a lot better than Lockhart.

Last year doesn't count. Comparing scores against common opponents is not all that useful either. Columbia is 1-2 with a win over 1-2 Freeport-Brazosport. Yoakum would beat Columbia IMHO. All things considered I stand by my original assessment regarding comparable sos. Of course none of this matters because it will all be sorted out on the playing field. The suspense is building. Can you feel it?:D

KL3
09-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Pudlugger, you point out that Columbia's only win came against a 1-2 team, yet you conveniently leave out that their 2 losses have come against (4-0) St. Pius and (3-1) Bellville.

As for La Grange's wins, they beat lockhart, who has beaten 2 below average teams in Gonzales and Floresville. You beat Yoakum, who struggled to beat Columbus 7-0 at home. You needed a late score to beat Sealy who Bellville crushed and you also have a win versus a bad Gonzales team.

Its clear that La Grange has improved after being terrible the past few seasons but don't jump the gun and start putting them in the Giddings/Bellville category. In fact, I have Navasota, who has had 8 or 9 players dinged up so far this season finishing 3rd in the district with LG and Caldwell battling for 4th/5th.

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Pudlugger, you point out that Columbia's only win came against a 1-2 team, yet you conveniently leave out that their 2 losses have come against (4-0) St. Pius and (3-1) Bellville.

As for La Grange's wins, they beat lockhart, who has beaten 2 below average teams in Gonzales and Floresville. You beat Yoakum, who struggled to beat Columbus 7-0 at home. You needed a late score to beat Sealy who Bellville crushed and you also have a win versus a bad Gonzales team.

Its clear that La Grange has improved after being terrible the past few seasons but don't jump the gun and start putting them in the Giddings/Bellville category. In fact, I have Navasota, who has had 8 or 9 players dinged up so far this season finishing 3rd in the district with LG and Caldwell battling for 4th/5th.

Terrible for the past few seasons? Going 4-6 in D19 last year with a new coach and a whole new offense isn't terrible. 2-8 in 2004 was disappointing but the Leps were in most of the games they lost until the last few minutes (with the exception of Giddings and Cameron). In 2003 they went 9-4 advancing to the DII Regional final and 2002 they went 11-2 also going to the Regional final. That's hardly "terrible for the last few seasons".

I'm not putting anybody in one catagory, I'm just saying the Leps are a better football team than folks like you who maybe haven't been paying attention think. I know this game as well as anyone on this board and that is my assessment. We shall see how things turn out soon.
:cool:

Bull's-eye
09-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Last year doesn't count. Comparing scores against common opponents is not all that useful either. Yoakum would beat Columbia IMHO.

Yes, last year doesn't count, but it does give us a good indication about these teams. DCTF and most others base their predictions on last year, how a team faired and what players they have returning. Comparing scores vs common opponents is not an exact science, but what else do we have? I pretty sure that you have only watched LG and their opponents. What info do you use to compare other teams (ones that you haven't seen) and make your predictions?

I think most people would take Columbia over Yoakum.

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Yes, last year doesn't count, but it does give us a good indication about these teams. DCTF and most others base their predictions on last year, how a team faired and what players they have returning. Comparing scores vs common opponents is not an exact science, but what else do we have? I pretty sure that you have only watched LG and their opponents. What info do you use to compare other teams (ones that you haven't seen) and make your predictions?

You don't beleive DCTF do you? If you do I have a great ocean front property in La grange to sell you. :D

Yoakum will go to the playoffs from their district. Wait and see.

Okay, let's just agree to disagree and patiently wait and see how it all turns out.:)

KL3
09-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Terrible for the past few seasons? Going 4-6 in D19 last year with a new coach and a whole new offense isn't terrible. 2-8 in 2004

2-8 = terrible
4-6 = 2 wins were over Manor & Smithville, both of whom were 2-8. Another win over Caldwell by 1 point who was 4-6, and a win over Gonzales who was 6-4. LG had 1 win over a team with a winning record.

KL3
09-23-2006, 03:30 PM

Very well put Bull's-eye. If you don't go by common opponents and past history, what exactly do you go by?

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 03:53 PM
In 1997 La Grange beat Sealy (that was the 1 in the 63-1 record on the Welcome to Sealy sign on I-10) and went to the semi's to lose to the Tigers in the Astrodome. The next year in 1998 the Leps went 4-6 and missed the playoffs. In 1999 they went 11-1. In 2000 14-2 to win State against a favored Forney team with DeBryan Blanton, in 2001 they went 12-4 losing a close one 14-11 to Commerce in the State final, in 2002 they went 11-2 going three rounds deep in the playoffs and in 2003 9-4 going three rounds deep in the playoffs. So just what are you referring to as "the last few seasons"? You obviously lack much of a perspective so you shouldn't try to justify your position using historical context. The Leps have been to state twice in the recent past. How many state games has your team been to KL3? Right, none.:mad:

Buckeye80
09-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

That's the "best" reason for Cuero to go D1?:rolleyes:

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
That's the "best" reason for Cuero to go D1?:rolleyes:

The best reason for Cuero going DI would be that it could lead to a great State Championship showdown. Texas high school football at its best.:)

Buckeye80
09-23-2006, 04:45 PM
The best reason for Cuero going DI would be that it could lead to a great State Championship showdown. Texas high school football at its best.:)

Agreed.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-23-2006, 04:49 PM

Good to hear that Terrance is doing well so far. I'm going to miss going up against him in baskeball this next year.

neck_06
09-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Yoakum would beat Columbia

doubtful...

Bull's-eye
09-23-2006, 05:29 PM
You don't beleive DCTF do you?

I bet you have one, along with just about everybody on 3A Down Low. :D

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 05:49 PM
I bet you have one, along with just about everybody on 3A Down Low. :D

Actually, I didn't buy one this year. Who is on the cover?:D

Buckeye80
09-23-2006, 05:54 PM

What a loaded question!:D

Come on! Bring it! I'm ready.:D

Bull's-eye
09-23-2006, 06:23 PM
in 2001 they went 12-4 losing a close one 14-11 to Commerce in the State final. How many state games has your team been to KL3? Right, none.:mad:

In 2001, one of those 4 losses was to Bellville. The Brahmas defeated LG 31-7 and were crowned the district champions. Remember, LG and Bellville were in the same district that year.

Sorry Pudlugger, Bellville has been to the state football championships twice.

Nobody is arguing LG's great past history, but lets stick to recent events that has an impact on this season. LG will have to defeat some better teams before they get some state recognition. University of Houston is undefeated, but with wins over Rice, Tulane and Grambling, we don't see them shooting up the BCS.

KL3
09-23-2006, 06:40 PM
In 1997 La Grange beat Sealy (that was the 1 in the 63-1 record on the Welcome to Sealy sign on I-10) and went to the semi's to lose to the Tigers in the Astrodome. The next year in 1998 the Leps went 4-6 and missed the playoffs. In 1999 they went 11-1. In 2000 14-2 to win State against a favored Forney team with DeBryan Blanton, in 2001 they went 12-4 losing a close one 14-11 to Commerce in the State final, in 2002 they went 11-2 going three rounds deep in the playoffs and in 2003 9-4 going three rounds deep in the playoffs. So just what are you referring to as "the last few seasons"? You obviously lack much of a perspective so you shouldn't try to justify your position using historical context. The Leps have been to state twice in the recent past. How many state games has your team been to KL3? Right, none.:mad:

Wow, way too much information there. When I saw 1997 at the beginning of your argument, I quit reading knowing that post had little to do with this thread.

KL3
09-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Bellville has the advantage in the all-time series vs. La Grange as well.

Bull's-eye
09-23-2006, 06:45 PM

Some man that sells sausage and 4 young men with big arms. :D

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye Sorry Pudlugger, Bellville has been to the state football championships twice. [/B]

And how many times have they won it?:mad:

Bull's-eye
09-23-2006, 07:57 PM
And how many times have they won it?:mad:

Your question to KL3 was how many times has your team been to a state championship game? You were incorrect by saying none.

You are kind of getting off the subject of this thread. Those past teams/seasons don't really have anything to do with this current season. I'm sorry you get mad, but LG hasn't yet played or defeated a quality team. Glad you're excited, but those wins just aren't impressive to me or some of the other posters.

Bull19
09-23-2006, 08:17 PM
I KNOW I SHOULDN'T BE GETTING INTO THIS CONVERSATION BUT AFTER READING ALL THIS I CANT SIT HERE WITHOUT COMMENTING.PUDLUGGER YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE FACTS. THE REASON BELLVILLE IS GETTING MORE RECOGNITION RIGHT NOW IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SIMPLY A BETTER TEAM. YES LA GRANGE'S RECORD IS BETTER BUT WHEN YOU PLAY ABSOLUTLY NO COMPETITION IT MEANS NOTHING. BULLS-EYE MAKES A GOOD POINT WHEN HE SAYS HOW U of H IS 3-0 AND THEY ARENT ALL OVER COLLEGE GAMEDAY.THE REASON U MIGHT ASK? --STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE. LET ME ASK U THIS PUDLEGGER LETS SAY THE LEPS GO UNDEFEATED AGAINST NOTHING BUT 1A AND 2A TEAMS AND BELLVILLE GOING 6-4 OR SOMETHING SIMILIAR TO 3A AND 4A TEAMS. WOULD YOU STILL THINK THE LEPS WOULD HANDLE THE BULLS? I THINK NOT.,,,,,,,BUT COME DISRTICT TIME WE WILL FIND OUT WONT WE? MARK MY WORDS BELLVILLE BY 35 AT THE BARE MINIMUM.

Bull's-eye
09-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
I KNOW I SHOULDN'T BE GETTING INTO THIS CONVERSATION BUT AFTER READING ALL THIS I CANT SIT HERE WITHOUT COMMENTING.

I said the same thing! Get ready Bull19, you just opened a big can of worms. :doh:

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 09:18 PM
I KNOW I SHOULDN'T BE GETTING INTO THIS CONVERSATION BUT AFTER READING ALL THIS I CANT SIT HERE WITHOUT COMMENTING.PUDLUGGER YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE FACTS. THE REASON BELLVILLE IS GETTING MORE RECOGNITION RIGHT NOW IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SIMPLY A BETTER TEAM. YES LA GRANGE'S RECORD IS BETTER BUT WHEN YOU PLAY ABSOLUTLY NO COMPETITION IT MEANS NOTHING. BULLS-EYE MAKES A GOOD POINT WHEN HE SAYS HOW U of H IS 3-0 AND THEY ARENT ALL OVER COLLEGE GAMEDAY.THE REASON U MIGHT ASK? --STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE. LET ME ASK U THIS PUDLEGGER LETS SAY THE LEPS GO UNDEFEATED AGAINST NOTHING BUT 1A AND 2A TEAMS AND BELLVILLE GOING 6-4 OR SOMETHING SIMILIAR TO 3A AND 4A TEAMS. WOULD YOU STILL THINK THE LEPS WOULD HANDLE THE BULLS? I THINK NOT.,,,,,,,BUT COME DISRTICT TIME WE WILL FIND OUT WONT WE? MARK MY WORDS BELLVILLE BY 35 AT THE BARE MINIMUM.

Excuse me but when did I say La grange was going to "handle the Bulls". You guys are so reactionary. All you have to say is a team can play with you and "BAM"
its all Bulls all the time. Get over yourselves.:p

Bull19
09-23-2006, 09:31 PM
WHEN I SAY"HANDLE THE BULLS" I MEAN PLAY A CLOSE GAME AND POSSIBLY WIN IT. WHICH U MUST THINK THE LEPS CAN DO, OR WE WOULDNT BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION, SO BEFORE YOU START SAYING HOW THE LEPS SHOULD BE RECOGINIZED AND HAVE MORE RESPECT WHICH YOU R IMPLING THEY MUST PROVE THEY R A GOOD TEAM, WHICH THEY HAVENT. THEY R DECENT BUT NOT GOOD. BARELY BEATING SEALY IS NOT SAYING MUCH, NOR R WINS OVER A COLUMBUS TEAM AND GONZOLAS OR HOWEVER U SPELL IT. HARD TO SAY U SHOULD GET REPSECT WHEN YOUR STRENGHT OF SCHEDULE IS 2 ON A SCALE OF 1-10 .

THANK YOU---BULL19

hookandladder
09-25-2006, 06:54 AM
WHEN I SAY"HANDLE THE BULLS" I MEAN PLAY A CLOSE GAME AND POSSIBLY WIN IT. WHICH U MUST THINK THE LEPS CAN DO, OR WE WOULDNT BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION, SO BEFORE YOU START SAYING HOW THE LEPS SHOULD BE RECOGINIZED AND HAVE MORE RESPECT WHICH YOU R IMPLING THEY MUST PROVE THEY R A GOOD TEAM, WHICH THEY HAVENT. THEY R DECENT BUT NOT GOOD. BARELY BEATING SEALY IS NOT SAYING MUCH, NOR R WINS OVER A COLUMBUS TEAM AND GONZOLAS OR HOWEVER U SPELL IT. HARD TO SAY U SHOULD GET REPSECT WHEN YOUR STRENGHT OF SCHEDULE IS 2 ON A SCALE OF 1-10 .

THANK YOU---BULL19

Pud, you are fighting a losing battle with Bellville Fans. I mostly just look and read the post on this board and from what I read Bellville fans become very defenses really fast. You make a comment and they put a spinn on it. By the way Cuero spanked Liberty Hill last year in the playoffs and this year hang in the last few seconds for a win. Also the Aggies are undefeated this year with a favorable schedule, so do you think they have any shot at beating any good teams this year. Last year is last year.

Pudlugger
09-25-2006, 08:56 AM
The Aggies will beat some quality opponents this season. They are off to a great start.

Winning developes confidence, which is as important in college as it is in high school. Even though the Leps haven't played a team of the caliber of Giddings or Bellville yet, they are getting better week by week. In my mind the key is how much potential does a team have and are they developing it.

This Lep team is loaded with potential. They have depth in the skill positions and O line. The 2001 Leps had 23 seniors return from the 2000 State Championship team and had good depth , so that is probably a good comparison. Developing talent is a coaching function, and the Lep coaching staff looks real impressive there. I have observed how the players and coaches work together on the sidelines. They are engaged and very positive towards the players and have been able to make important adjustments when needed.

This year the Leps have a little more speed and a lot more big men up front. They have some big linemen standing on the sidelines that are good enough to start around the region. They have three or four excellent ball carriers as well. That depth becomes important as the season extends with possible losses to injuries and no pass no play. In game situations it means a coach can sub liberally to keep key players rested. That is one reason bigger school beat smaller schools. [Of course you need the talent too.]

The question is how salty will they get and will they get there in time for district? If the O line catches on fire and decides that they own the line of scrimmage with the speed of our backs the Lep offense will really gel. The Lep defense is starting to show some cohesion and aggressiveness reminescent of teams past. The front four down linemen have good size and have been real physical in the last couple of games. The linebackers are putting the wood to the ball carriers. The dbs have speed, hit hard and cover the pass well. I'm optimistic.:)

cdlvj
09-25-2006, 10:38 AM
This year the Leps have a little more speed and a lot more big men up front. They have some big linemen standing on the sidelines that are good enough to start around the region. They have three or four excellent ball carriers as well. That depth becomes important as the season extends with possible losses to injuries and no pass no play. In game situations it means a coach can sub liberally to keep key players rested. That is one reason bigger school beat smaller schools. [Of course you need the talent too.]

Has the coach been subbing any? I agree in that getting subs experience will make the difference whether they can beat any of the top three.

Pudlugger
09-25-2006, 10:49 AM
The O line starters have been alternated somewhat, but maybe more substitutions in the third quarters would be good. The running backs are alternated between 4 guys and that is working out well. Since Hunter is so effective at safety, kicking and running the ball it is good that they are so deep at running backs. The D line and linebackers are substituted frequently and that really counts in the 4th quarter where this team has managed to put some teams away [Lockhart and Sealy to mention two]. Right now the Leps need to focus on execution, intensity and aggresiveness. The O line needs to own the line of scrimmage and they are moving in that direction. The D is starting to look salty. I like our chances in district this year.:)

44INAROW
09-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
By the way Cuero spanked Liberty Hill last year in the playoffs and this year hang in the last few seconds for a win.

Just curious.. did you happen to see the Cuero/LaGrange scrimmage? I was in La for a funeral and missed it..
Just wondering how you thought Cuero matched up against LG - any thoughts?

Bull's-eye
09-25-2006, 01:26 PM
LG will have to defeat some better teams before they get some state recognition. University of Houston is undefeated, but with wins over Rice, Tulane and Grambling, we don't see them shooting up the BCS.

This quote is my so called "spin" on things, but I think it gives a good example. Houston has just helped themselves with a good win over OSU. LG can do the same thing when they play some of the higher ranked teams. No hard feelings, but this is the way I feel. I have followed LG, Sealy and Bellville in the playoffs. It's good to see the Leps turning things around.

KL3
09-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Otherwise Bellville's strength of schedule is pretty comparable to La Grange's.

Okay Pudlugger, back to your original statement. Just so you know that the Bellville posters aren't "spinning" everything, I did a little research. It looks like Bellville has played a tougher schedule, and has beaten their opponents worse than la grange has.

La Grange 21 lockhart 14 (2-1)
La Grange 30 yoakum 22 (1-3)
La Grange 20 sealy 13 (1-2)
La Grange 32 gonzales 0 (0-4)

La Grange 26 ppg
Opponents 12 ppg
Opponents (4-10)

Bellville 35 sealy 7 (0-3)
Bellville 42 w.c. 13 (1-2)
Bellville 13 barbers hill 24 (3-0)
Bellville 41 houston christian 0 (2-2)

Bellville 33 ppg
Opponents 11 ppg
Opponents (6-7)

Pudlugger
09-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Okay Pudlugger, back to your original statement. Just so you know that the Bellville posters aren't "spinning" everything, I did a little research. It looks like Bellville has played a tougher schedule, and has beaten their opponents worse than la grange has.

La Grange 21 lockhart 14 (2-1)
La Grange 30 yoakum 22 (1-3)
La Grange 20 sealy 13 (1-2)
La Grange 32 gonzales 0 (0-4)

La Grange 26 ppg
Opponents 12 ppg
Opponents (4-10)

Bellville 35 sealy 7 (0-3)
Bellville 42 w.c. 13 (1-2)
Bellville 13 barbers hill 24 (3-0)
Bellville 41 houston christian 0 (2-2)

Bellville 33 ppg
Opponents 11 ppg
Opponents (6-7)

I believe I said with the exception of Barbers Hill the sos was pretty similar. I'd say 4-10 and 3-7 are pretty similar [.40 v .43] but I 'll give you the points scored issue. :)

KL3
09-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Of course with the exception of barbers hill the schedule's would be more similar. But the fact is Bellville actually played them, so when comparing 2 teams and their schedules, you can't simply subtract an opponent to make your argument look better. Your taking out 25% of Bellville's schedule, so I really don't see your point.

Pudlugger
09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Is a loss to a good 4A team a better indicator of strength than a win over a mediocre 4A team? Hard to say, that's why I excluded it in making a comparison of overall perfomance for both teams. It's what is called an outlier in statistics. I'm sorry it upset you. I wasn't running the Bulls down for losing a game or anything.:)

Bull19
09-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Is a loss to a good 4A team a better indicator of strength than a win over a mediocre 4A team? Hard to say, that's why I excluded it in making a comparison of overall perfomance for both teams. It's what is called an outlier in statistics. I'm sorry it upset you. I wasn't running the Bulls down for losing a game or anything.:)

YOUR SARCASIM MAKES ME SICK. QUIT TRYING TO MAKE THE LEPS SOUND BETTER THAN THEY ARE. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE ALL THE HIPE YOU ARE GIVING THEM. UNTIL THEY BEAT A HALF DECENT TEAM OR COMPLETELY DOMINATE A BELOW AVERAGE TEAM QUIT BUILDING THEM UP. ALL YOU ARE DOING IS SETTING YOURSELF UP FOR A BIG FALL. YOU MIGHT SAY THAT WE ARE AS WELL, BUT WE HAVE PROVED A LITTLE MORE RECENTLY THEN YALL HAVE. THANK YOU.

Pudlugger
09-25-2006, 06:17 PM
YOUR SARCASIM MAKES ME SICK. QUIT TRYING TO MAKE THE LEPS SOUND BETTER THAN THEY ARE. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE ALL THE HIPE YOU ARE GIVING THEM. UNTIL THEY BEAT A HALF DECENT TEAM OR COMPLETELY DOMINATE A BELOW AVERAGE TEAM QUIT BUILDING THEM UP. ALL YOU ARE DOING IS SETTING YOURSELF UP FOR A BIG FALL. YOU MIGHT SAY THAT WE ARE AS WELL, BUT WE HAVE PROVED A LITTLE MORE RECENTLY THEN YALL HAVE. THANK YOU.

Home from band practice early Bull19?

I wasn't being sarcastic. You are over reacting as usual. I have no intention of discontinuing my support of the Leps. I have every right to do so on this board. Just because it gives you heartburn is no reason to stop posting positive views on my team. BTW, using all caps in your posts makes you appear hysterical. LOL:D

ps my apologies to band members all over.

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2006, 06:20 PM
What's wrong with a fan being excited over his team being 4-0, regardless who they have beaten?

Bull19
09-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Home from band practice early Bull19?

I wasn't being sarcastic. You are over reacting as usual. I have no intention of discontinuing my support of the Leps. I have every right to do so on this board. Just because it gives you heartburn is no reason to stop posting positive views on my team. BTW, using all caps in your posts makes you appear hysterical. LOL:D

ps my apologies to band members all over.

NOT JUST HOME EARLY FROM PRACTICING KICKING @$$

YOUR JUST JEALOUS YOU DIDNT THINK OF USING ALL CAPS FIRST!!!

That type of talk is unnecesary and out of line.....lhpm

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Home from band practice early Bull19

Now this guy is making fun of band members!

sabre1
09-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Ya'll stop argueing about LG and Bellville b/c Giddings is going to roll past both of them.

cdlvj
09-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
Ya'll stop argueing about LG and Bellville b/c Giddings is going to roll past both of them.

That is probably true. What I see is how good the LG coaching staff really is. Yes Giddings is the superior team, but there could be a possible upset if the LG coaches prepare the leps, and can neutralize Fitzhenry.

Don't see how Giddings will make it through district without a loss, someone will beat them.

Just will take superior coaching to outsmart the buffs.

Pudlugger
09-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Good point cdljv. Giddings will be favored to win but the Leps will come in ready to play football. This rivalry is so intense that anything can happen. The last two years the Leps were struggling. In 2004 they had a decent defense but the offense was weak primarily due to a small inexperienced O line. You can't run the veer or option unless your O-line is dominating the line of scrimmage. In 2005 the team was adjusting to a new coach and new offense- the spread. This was a sea change in that for 11 seasons the Leps relied on the run. With the spread the Leps had to relearn a lot about the game. They proved to be good students going 4-6 in a very tough district and schedule. Now the Leps have a good senior class who appear to be stepping up in the leadership role. Their O line is big and effective giving the Qb Woods plenty of time to find receivers. The running game is also effective and the coaches seem to understand the importance of mixing it up to keep the defense honest. The Lep defense has size and speed and have been increasingly effective in stopping the run. They haven't faced the quality offense of a Giddings yet so they will soon be tested. The Leps special teams have been strong. The punt return was not so impressive against Gonzales, allowing the ball to go over the head of the returner to roll 20 yards deep into Lep territory several times. I'm sure the coaches will be working on that this week.

Darren
09-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Can't we all just get along...

Seriously Pudlugger I am from the big city of Giddings. And I can say from experience never to count LaGrange out of it. You guys had our number for years.

Anyway I have it this way in District Giddings, Bellville and LaGrange although we will have to watch out for Navasota and Caldwell.

But who know when district starts with Giddings vs. LaGrange in Giddings who knows what will happen. Hopefully we can meet undefeated and make a game out of it.

See you Oct 13...

Pudlugger
09-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Can't we all just get along...

Seriously Pudlugger I am from the big city of Giddings. And I can say from experience never to count LaGrange out of it. You guys had our number for years.

Anyway I have it this way in District Giddings, Bellville and LaGrange although we will have to watch out for Navasota and Caldwell.

But who know when district starts with Giddings vs. LaGrange in Giddings who knows what will happen. Hopefully we can meet undefeated and make a game out of it.

See you Oct 13...

Right Darren and welcome to the 'Low.
The Leps have a bye this week then they play Luling so it's a bit early to get the Leps-Buffs talk going, so I will try to contain myself. This is such a big game year in and year out for both teams. It's bragging rights along Highway 77. The fact that Giddings is so highly ranked this year makes it doubly big. I too hope both teams go in with unbeaten records making it an even bigger game. Good luck to the Buffs Friday against Midway, a good 4a team.:)