PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Discussion Cuero/LH

Hupernikomen
09-22-2006, 10:10 PM
This sounds like it was a great game.

Any details, stats etc.?

CueroDad2006
09-22-2006, 11:07 PM
LH Will have a long trip back home,"BUT"they need to find a way to keep there heads up high.They have one hell of a team.I have not missed a Cuero game in 4 years.This one ranks up there with the old Wharton classics.There is a real good chance this game was an early preview of the state simi finals in D-2

Gobbler Fan
09-22-2006, 11:31 PM
What a game ....I for one don't want to see that offense of LH's again . #5 for LH fast and quick to the hole . LH will give team's problem's come playoff time .They have improved from last year speed wise and at the RB position ...they all run hard every play and get the most out of every run.

Gobblers you guy's never gave up after being down most of the game. You showed the heart of a Champion and overcame some adversity to take this one at Home . I hope we get some of our injured back real soon our depth almost hurt us tonight ......you guy's that played both way's my hat's off to you for stepping up the way you did .:clap:

Old Tiger
09-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
LH Will have a long trip back home,"BUT"they need to find a way to keep there heads up high.They have one hell of a team.I have not missed a Cuero game in 4 years.This one ranks up there with the old Wharton classics.There is a real good chance this game was an early preview of the state simi finals in D-2 What about the Hutto classic?

greenwitchll
09-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
What a game ....I for one don't want to see that offense of LH's again . #5 for LH fast and quick to the hole . LH will give team's problem's come playoff time .They have improved from last year speed wise and at the RB position ...they all run hard every play and get the most out of every run.

Gobblers you guy's never gave up after being down most of the game. You showed the heart of a Champion and overcame some adversity to take this one at Home . I hope we get some of our injured back real soon our depth almost hurt us tonight ......you guy's that played both way's my hat's off to you for stepping up the way you did .:clap:

I agree. Gobblers showed great hearts!!!! One heck of a game. Congrats.

gobblerfan02
09-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by greenwitchll
I agree. Gobblers showed great hearts!!!! One heck of a game. Congrats. how did you get your name?

Boosty_Hondo
09-23-2006, 01:38 AM
yes LH has nothing to be dissapointed about 10 more sec and they would have won just ran out of time i would love to see these 2 teams play again because LH gave Cuero everything and anything they wanted

htowntransplant
09-23-2006, 01:43 AM
kyle was kyle...and ummm well he made the plays when they needed to. the cuero defense, other than the 4th qtr TD run by LH, they were very solid and came up with big stops to give kyle an opportunity to do what he does.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Liberty Hill falls 10 yards short
Top-ranked Cuero survives Panthers
By Alan Trubow

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Saturday, September 23, 2006

CUERO — With 10 yards to go the clock ran out, along with a chance to upset the top-ranked team in Class 3A.

That's how close Liberty Hill was to upsetting Cuero.

Liberty Hill had the exact opportunity it was looking for Friday night at Gobbler Stadium, but with the game-winning touchdown in sight, the Panthers fell apart and Cuero celebrated a 31-27 victory.

The Panthers ran a sweep play to Brent Bode on first-and-goal from the 10-yard line with 23 seconds to play. It was stuffed.

So was the upset bid.

The Panthers never got off another play. They tried, but appeared confused while attempting to line up in the final seconds.

"If we would have snapped it, it wouldn't have done any good," Liberty Hill coach Jerry Vance said, "but we just didn't get the ball off."

Actually, the Panthers were even closer to victory than 10 yards.

Cuero punter Domingo Ruiz was ruled down while fielding a low snap — it appeared his knee wasn't on the ground — giving the Panthers the ball on the Gobblers' 17 with less than a minute to go.

Bode, who had 12 carries for 167 yards, had an 8-yard gain to the 9. Doug Allman followed with a 4-yard carry to the 5.

That's when it fell apart.

With no timeouts, Liberty Hill rushed to the line and was called for illegal procedure, which moved the ball back to the 10.

The Panthers (3-1) couldn't pull it out.

It looked as if they were going to until Fabian Olguin ran in a 1-yard touchdown with 4:31 to play to give Cuero a 31-27 lead. Earlier, Bode had put the Panthers ahead with an 84-yard touchdown run.

After the touchdown by Olguin, who had 21 carries for 135 yards, the Panthers were driving deep into Cuero territory when Doug Allman fumbled around the 20 with 2:16 to go, giving the Gobblers (4-0) a chance to run more clock.

Allman had 16 carries for 53 yards.

The Panthers still had one final chance. They just couldn't convert it.

Liberty Hill started strong. The Panthers took a 6-0 lead — missing the extra point — when Kyle Staton caught a 23-yard pass from Thomas Perrin to finish off a 16-play, 78-yard drive that took up the first 8:10 of the game.

It was back and forth from there.

After Cuero kicked a field goal, Dustin Gonzales returned a kick 89 yards to set up Allman's 2-yard touchdown run.

Cuero responded as Quincy Whittington hauled in a 24-yard pass from Kyle Noack, who finished 15 of 25 for 182 yards. The touchdown pulled the Gobblers within 13-10.

Liberty Hill came right back as Bode beat the Cuero defense to the outside and scored on a 20-yard run for a 20-10 lead.

Olguin brought the Gobblers back within three points with a 5-yard scoring run.

Statesman link (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/09/23/23libertyhill.html)

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 01:46 AM
Score by QUARTERS Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final
Liberty Hill 6 14 0 7 - 27
Cuero 3 14 0 14 - 31

FIRST QUARTER
Liberty hill: 23 pass from Tom Perrin to Kyle Staton (Kick blocked) Cuero: 38 fg by Steven Bell

SECOND QUARTER
Liberty Hill: Doug Allman 2 run (Geo Magallon kick) Cuero:24 pass from Kyle Noack To Johnnie Spears (Bell Kick) Liberty Hill: 20 run by Breny Bode (Magallon kick) Cuero: 5 run by Fabian Olquin ( Bell kick)

FOURTH QUARTER
Cuero: 7 pass from Noack to Grey (Bell kick) Liberty Hill: 84 run by Bode (Magallon Kick) Cuero: 1 run by Olguin (Bell kick)

Team Statistics
Liberty Hill Cuero
First Downs - FD 14 23
Passing - COMP 1 15
Passing - ATT 1 23
Passing - YDS 23 179
Rushing - ATT 44 32
Rushing - YDS 312 198
Rushing - TD 3 2
Interceptions - INT 0 1
Punts - PUNTS 3 1
Punts - PAVG 36.00 0.00
Fumbles - FUMB 4 2
Fumbles - LOST 1 0
Penalties - PEN 10 3
Penalties - YDS 60 20

Individual Statistics
Passing - Liberty Hill COMP ATT YDS INT TD
Thomas Perrin 1 1 23 0 1

Passing - Cuero COMP ATT YDS INT TD
Kyle Noack 15 23 179 1 2

Rushing - Liberty Hill ATT YDS TD
Doug Allman 15 44 1
Brent Bode 14 193 2
Sammy Post 12 53 0

Rushing - Cuero ATT YDS TD
Steven Hargrove 6 24 0
Fabian Olquin 19 150 1

Receiving - Liberty Hill REC YDS TD
Kyle Staton 1 23 1

Receiving - Cuero REC YDS TD
Cory Scott 6 84 0
Johhnie Spears 1 24 1
trey gray 7 59 1

greenwitch
09-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Cuero played their hearts out. Congrats for a game well played,,,,don't know if the ticker can take anther one like this though.

MagicMan
09-23-2006, 10:54 PM
i think johnny spears should be quincey whittington. thats what is in the victoria paper. maybe you're right.

District303aPastPlayer
09-24-2006, 12:37 AM
hey, lets give Johnny Spears some credit :) he played a great game

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i think johnny spears should be quincey whittington. thats what is in the victoria paper. maybe you're right.
I just copied and pasted. I get way too involved to try to do stats, in addition to checking texts, taking pictures, ringing the cowbell(s), screaming and drinking water. ;)

greenwitchll
09-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
how did you get your name?

How does anyone get their name?????

44INAROW
09-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
hey, lets give Johnny Spears some credit :) he played a great game

:) I think he did too, but Magic Man is correct, it was Quincey who caught that pass:)

Debbie - is the guy that wrote the article, the same guy from supper?