anymore updates?

Cameron Crazy
09-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Is Kerley still playing for the hippos or did he graduate last year?:thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Originally posted by hutex04
anymore updates?

I'll let you know when I hear something next.

hutex04
hes a senior this year

hutex04
09-22-2006, 08:45 PM
giddings up 21-0 looks like a blowout

MagicMan
09-22-2006, 09:00 PM
hahaha i was right. hutto overrated. giddings underrated.

Crimestick
09-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Is Giddings passing tonight? Last week it was all on the ground.

hutex04
09-22-2006, 09:41 PM
21-7 giddings end of 3rd, hutto on the 15 but i dont know if its the hutto or giddings 15

luvhoops34
09-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Giddings 21

Hutto 14

4th qt

hutex04
09-22-2006, 09:45 PM
21-14 Giddings with 10min left in the 4th. Way to jump to conclusions magic

MagicMan
09-22-2006, 09:56 PM
ummm yall are losing. so im still right

hutex04
09-22-2006, 09:57 PM
bull, you talked crap before it was over. You're wrong to say we are overrated when we are down by a touchdown to a team that you feel is underrated yet ranked higher than us in state

MagicMan
09-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
bull, you talked crap before it was over. You're wrong to say we are overrated when we are down by a touchdown to a team that you feel is underrated yet ranked higher than us in state
haha

hutex04
09-22-2006, 10:10 PM
giddings 29-14 hutto had 6 turnovers. Congrats to giddings

gobblerfan02
09-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Sorry, but way to go Buffaloes!!!!!!! Giddings = state title contender fo sho!

MagicMan
09-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Sorry, but way to go Buffaloes!!!!!!! Giddings = state title contender fo sho!
dude shutup. if they go D1 they're just a contender for state finalist

Old Tiger
09-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Sorry, but way to go Buffaloes!!!!!!! Giddings = state title contender fo sho! Not so fast by friend. They won't win it by running the ball 100% of the time. They can't throw due to not having any good recievers.

gobblerfan02
09-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
dude shutup. if they go D1 they're just a contender for state finalist Now you're just making yourself look stupid!

MagicMan
09-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Now you're just making yourself look stupid!
ok

Eagles52
09-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Seems like there are some people with some crow to eat... Giddings should have won by 30 but they had an uncharacteristically sloppy night as far as fumbles go. This set up Hutto many times with great field position but they weren't able to capitalize as they were shut down by the Giddings defense. Hutto was very athletic at the skill positions but I felt they were sub-par in the trenches. That QB is some kind of athlete, though, and Hutto looks like a pretty tough team. Way to go Buffs, I wish you guys the best...good win tonight

sabre1
09-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Hey Hutex you forgot to mention that Giddings had about 5 fumbles of their own, that set up the Kerely show. They just could not punch it in. Tough D. Way to go Giddings

Tiger Baseball
09-23-2006, 07:56 AM
BUFFALOES: Giddings shuts down Hutto to stay undefeated
Giddings' defense comes up as big as offense in win
By Rick Cantu
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Saturday, September 23, 2006

HUTTO — For a change, game balls should be handed to the Giddings defense.

While Giddings has built a reputation as having one of the best high school offenses in Central Texas, the Buffaloes' defense has been largely overlooked. After the Tigers dismantled Hutto 29-14 Friday night before an overflow crowd at Hippo Stadium, perhaps that will change.

Quarterback Brock Fitzhenry rushed for a game-high 130 yards and two touchdowns to lead Giddings, ranked No. 4 in Class 3A.

A Giddings defense led by end Spencer Duncan, tackle Bradley Peschke and linebackers Alan Dock and Jason Clemens was solid throughout the muggy night. They held the hard-charging Hippos to 186 yards, only 58 by All-Centex quarterback Jeremy Kerley.

"We've practiced and practiced and practiced on defense, not just to hold one man down, but to hold the whole team down," said Duncan, a 6-foot-3-inch junior. "To a certain extent, we played a pretty good game."

Duncan will get no argument from Giddings coach Derek Fitzhenry, who lauded the defense for three goal-line stands in the first half. Although Hutto's offense would find the end zone twice after halftime, this was Giddings' night.

"Just look at all those people," Brock Fitzhenry said, looking at the Giddings bleachers as fans filed out of the stadium. Not only was the stadium packed to capacity, several hundred spectators lined the chain-link fence to catch the game between the Tigers and sixth-ranked Hippos.

"This is the most exciting game I've ever played in," Brock Fitzhenry added.

Giddings (4-0) appeared to wear down Hutto on both sides of the line. The Buffaloes' offensive line opened gaping holes for Fitzhenry and running back Devane Jarmon, who rushed for 75 yards.

Giddings took advantage of three Hutto fumbles. An interception by Giddings safety Jonathan Locke in the final minute clinched the deal.

"We got better tonight," Derek Fitzhenry said.

There is still plenty of work to do, though. Giddings fumbled seven times, losing four.

Hutto failed to capitalize on several chances. The Hippos moved inside the Giddings 20 three times, but failed to score.

Brock Fitzhenry scored a pair of early touchdowns, and backup running back Marcus Satterwhite stunned Hutto with a 72-yard scamper in the final minute of the half, giving the Buffaloes a 21-0 halftime lead.

Fitzhenry's dazzling 57-yard romp gave Giddings a 7-0 cushion. He ran through the middle, bounced off a would-be tackler, spun and rambled untouched over the final 45 yards to reach paydirt.

Fitzhenry scored again on the first play of the second quarter, but it was Satterwhite's dash down the left sideline in the final minute of the half that hurt Hutto most. It was Satterwhite's first varsity touchdown, Brock Fitzhenry said.

Derek Fitzhenry said Satterwhite took advantage of Hutto's defense, which was lined up in a goal-line formation. Once Satterwhite got around left end untouched, he outran the defense, giving the Buffaloes their three-touchdown edge.

Giddings' defense did not allow a completed pass, holding to Kerley zero completions in five attempts.

Find this article at:
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/sports/stories/highschool/09/23/23hutto.html

Darren
09-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Well I think that some of your were right when you said that Giddings should have won by more.

Hutto was playing goal line defense the whole game and we doing a fairly good job of limiting the rushing yards but if it wasn't for the 7 count them 7 fumble that Giddings had and lost 4 of them Giddings would have won by much more.

Giddings gave the ball to Hutto 3 times within their own 20 and Giddings stopped them 2 out of 3 times.

If Hutto is a great team (which I think they are) what does that say about Giddings?

ILS1
09-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Turnovers were a key in this game. Hutto had 6 compared to Giddings 4. Yes,the defense was tired because the offense couldn't hold on to the ball. A few crucial penalties kept 2 Giddings scoring drives alive. The last scoring drive that Giddings had after a Hutto turnover. It was 3rd and 22 and the Hippos drop Fitzhenry for a 3 yard loss. A personal foul face mask penalty gives the Buffs an automatic first down. Hutto had their opportunities but couldn't capitalize. Most of Hutto's turnovers were in their own territory. The defense stepped up and kept Giddings from scoring anymore. But I don't think the coaches had them totally prepared. Very questionable playing calling and critical decision making. Giddings defense blitzed up the middle on EVERY play and was caught offsides maybe twice. They were in the backfield by the snap of the ball by not going on a hard or long count. Hutto's defense kept Giddings star Fitzhenry in check most of the night. He had a 57 yard TD run because of poor tackling. He got about half of his yards on that one run. He had 28 carries for 130 yards. Good luck to the Buffs the rest of the year.

HipposGitErDun
09-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Well I think that some of your were right when you said that Giddings should have won by more.

WRONG

Hutto was playing goal line defense the whole game and we doing a fairly good job of limiting the rushing yards but if it wasn't for the 7 count them 7 fumble that Giddings had and lost 4 of them Giddings would have won by much more.

Watching Giddings QB, he could not even complete a pass in warm-ups. Why would you play any other defense?

Hutto had 2 more turnovers than Giddings, and got the short end of the officiating.

Giddings gave the ball to Hutto 3 times within their own 20 and Giddings stopped them 2 out of 3 times.

True,, bummer for us

If Hutto is a great team (which I think they are) what does that say about Giddings?

Giddings has a very good team, and played better than Hutto on Friday night. They deserved to win the game. I do think Giddings will have some trouble when they get to the playoffs with only a running game. Hutto did not do a great job of tackling in a few cases and thus lost the game. Giddings QB has an attitude problem and will eventually cost a very good Giddings team a chance to advance. (He punched a Hutto player 3 or 4 times after being tackled and was not flagged once) Eventually this will be a problem for the Buffs.

With all of that said, Giddings DID deserve to win on Friday. Hutto has some work to do if they are going to even contend in our district. Penalties and missed tackles are not a good recipe for success in a tough district.

sabre1
09-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Giddings has a very good team, and played better than Hutto on Friday night. They deserved to win the game. I do think Giddings will have some trouble when they get to the playoffs with only a running game. Hutto did not do a great job of tackling in a few cases and thus lost the game. Giddings QB has an attitude problem and will eventually cost a very good Giddings team a chance to advance. (He punched a Hutto player 3 or 4 times after being tackled and was not flagged once) Eventually this will be a problem for the Buffs.

I know the Giddings QB personally, and if he did punch someone it was only in retaliation. He is quite possibly the hardest working kid on the team and for you to actually come on a message board and open you mouth and say something about a kid who you don't even know, come on, be an adult

sabre1
09-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Giddings defense blitzed up the middle on EVERY play and was caught offsides maybe twice. They were in the backfield by the snap of the ball by not going on a hard or long count. Hutto's defense kept Giddings star Fitzhenry in check most of the night. He had a 57 yard TD run because of poor tackling. He got about half of his yards on that one run. He had 28 carries for 130 yards. Good luck to the Buffs the rest of the year.

If the Giddings QB was kept in check all night and ran for 130 yards, then the Hutto QB must have really been kept in check with only 58 yards rushing and 0 yards passing on 5 attempts.

Eagles52
09-25-2006, 01:28 AM
You should not be condemning Fitzhenry's character. He's a good kid, end of story. I watched the game and saw several cheap shot after the plays going from Hutto to the Gidding's QB, along with some other attitude problems on the defense...calling out a high school player on his character in a forum like this is ridiculous, you should at least consider that IF he committed those actions, maybe he was provoked...grow up

HipposGitErDun
09-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
You should not be condemning Fitzhenry's character. He's a good kid, end of story. I watched the game and saw several cheap shot after the plays going from Hutto to the Gidding's QB, along with some other attitude problems on the defense...calling out a high school player on his character in a forum like this is ridiculous, you should at least consider that IF he committed those actions, maybe he was provoked...grow up

Provoked or not, punching other players will eventually cost Giddings at some point in the season. After the game all but one of the Giddings players shook hands at midfield with the Hutto players,,, guess which one did not.
I did not witness any hits by Hutto after the whistle, and watched the entire game. So your accusation of late hits after the play are off base, as are most of your other comments.

As I mentioned in the earlier post, Giddings has a great team and deserved to win on Friday night, but the QB's attitude needs to improve or Giddings will lose a game because of it.

As far as your comment about me growing up, I do not know how to make it any clearer that Giddings has a good team, I am not bitter or making excuses about the loss, only that their QB has a serious attitude problem., and I think it will cost the Buffs at some point this year. I consider that a fairly mature(and very accurate) observation.

Darren
09-26-2006, 03:17 PM
That is not accurate at all..... He is a good kid.

Old Tiger
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Once again he has thrown punches. He threw one against me when he couldn't break a long run.

Darren
09-26-2006, 04:22 PM
I just don't understand when someone like Brock is leading a ranked team and is one of the most talked about players in central Texas why people have to talk bad about them.

People spoke ill of Carter when he was at Caldwell or Pittman when he was at Cameron. I just don't get it.

Why must we try to act like they are bad people because they are great players?

Old Tiger
09-26-2006, 04:23 PM
I never heard anything bad of Carter/Pittman while in HS. Kerley is more talked about than Brock.

Darren
09-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Well there was plenty of talk about Carter and Pittman's character when they played. And its a shame but now I guess it is Brocks turn.

Old Tiger
09-26-2006, 04:32 PM
lol, Brock won't play QB in college. He will be a DB if anything.

Darren
09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm Not saying that he will be a QB in college I don't know where you got that idea. Carter or Pittman didn't play QB in college either.

Eagles52
09-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Firstly, I agree that if he was punching other players, it will cost them at some point, but I have questions about how legit that information is. I never accused anyone of late hits exactly, but my mistake for not clarifying. What I saw were after the tackle talking trash, or after the tackle had been made and givng an extra push, things of that nature. I wasn't in the piles so I don't know if he threw punches, but it seems out of his character for sure. But I guess he wouldn't be the first guy who changed his personality while on the gridiron, if those accusations are true. I understand your overall point that his "attitude problems" (if true) will cost the team some time down the road. However, my request for you to grow up was in reference to your choice to attack a high school athlete's character by way of a public forum. I personally find that to be an improper and immature manner in which to handle things.