PDA

View Full Version : Liberty-Eylau - Wimberley updates

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Leopards took the opening kickoff and scored within a couple of plays. Will MIddlebrooks did the honors on a 48-yard run. He kicked the PAT and with 10:43 to go in the opening stanza, it was 7-0, Liberty-Eylau.

The teams have exchanged punts since then.

Matthew328
09-22-2006, 07:24 PM
keep me posted!

lostaussie
09-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Leopards took the opening kickoff and scored within a couple of plays. Will MIddlebrooks did the honors on a 48-yard run. He kicked the PAT and with 10:43 to go in the opening stanza, it was 7-0, Liberty-Eylau.

The teams have exchanged punts since then. can we listen or are you getting phone updates?

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 07:32 PM
LE was driving, but just suffered a holding penalty followed by a huge loss on a Middlebrooks sack. End of 1st qtr. 7-0, LE.

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 07:34 PM
I have a supersensitive Kaito KA-1103 radio and am just barely able to pull in the Texarkana station at 93.3 FM which is broadcasting the game. I am amazed I can get it at all as there is a very strong Tyler station at 93.1.

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 07:38 PM
The Texans just scored on a 73-yard screen pass. Game now tied 7-7 with 11 minutes to go in half.

lostaussie
09-22-2006, 07:41 PM
The Texans just scored on a 73-yard screen pass. Game now tied 7-7 with 11 minutes to go in half. shaping up to be everything i thought it would..................i should have quit my job and went to the game:doh:

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 07:45 PM
LE returned kickoff to Wimberley 43. LE driving with the second-team QB in the game. Will twisted an ankle or something.

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Texans picked off LE's Patrick Dukes in the end zone to end this threat. Broadcasters are worried that Will won't be able to come back.

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Wimberley drives 73 yards to score. TD was about a 31-yard pass. PAT good. 14-7, Texans, with 53 seconds left in first half.

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Middlebrooks is on the bench with his ankle wrapped and on ice. LE is just going to run out the clock. End of half. 14-7, Wimberley.

lostaussie
09-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Middlebrooks is on the bench with his ankle wrapped and on ice. LE is just going to run out the clock. End of half. 14-7, Wimberley. too bad for Will and L/E. sounds like a great game. i know TXK Mom will be bummed out. maybe L/E can get something going in the 2nd half!!!!!!!!

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 08:09 PM
They are saying after Will went down, the team just went flat. They have tried two different backup QBs so far.

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 08:40 PM
LE is alternating two QBs. They made a couple of first downs before stalling. The backup punter then did a good job, but LE was flagged for interfering with a fair catch. Texans took over at LE 45 and drove for another score. 21-7, Wimberley, with just over eight minutes to go in the third.

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Snap over the head of the punter gives Wimberley ball at LE 10. A couple of plays later, they score. It's near the end of the third quarter with the Texans up, 28-7.

SintonFan
09-22-2006, 09:05 PM
28-7? Wimbo might be coming alive. That's bad for the rest of Texas.:eek:

MagicMan
09-22-2006, 09:14 PM
or LE isnt that good. giddings is still cold as mess. they should be #1 after the job they're doing on hutto

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 09:16 PM
It's getting ugly. Wimberley just drove for another TD. 35-7 about halfway through the fourth quarter. The Leopards just haven't been the same since Middlebrooks left the game.

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Game over. Wimberley Texans 35, Liberty-Eylau Leopards 7.

Leopards will try to bounce back back home at Harris Field next week against Mount Pleasant. They had some other injuries in addition to Middlebrooks' ankle.

Tough loss for NE Texas and Region II. I wanted LE to go through the regular season undefeated. But now, they've just gotta regroup and attempt to get everyone healthy.

Chris Hart
09-22-2006, 09:37 PM
If the coaches can get the Texan defense even remotely close to their defense last year, everyone better look out. We'll know more about the Texans next week when they play Liberty Hill...

SintonFan
09-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
If the coaches can get the Texan defense even remotely close to their defense last year, everyone better look out. We'll know more about the Texans next week when they play Liberty Hill...
I couldn't agree more.:)

Buckeye80
09-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Wimberley flat-out dominated Liberty-Eylau. LE looked to have more athletes on the field, but Wimberley had the playmakers. Wimberley has a stout little defense, and they "gang tackle" very well. I'm sure the loss of Middlebrook was huge for the Leopards, but he doesn't play defense. The LE defense was flat and slow, and couldn't stop the Texans' offense in the second half. Most importantly for the Gilmer fans (Gilmer/LE matchup first round), LE got "ZERO" pressure on the Wimberley QB. He had ALLLLLLLLL day to throw to whoever he could find.

Good job Texans!

Old Tiger
09-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan
or LE isnt that good. giddings is still cold as mess. they should be #1 after the job they're doing on hutto Giddings could not hang with Gilmer. Shut up.

Aesculus gilmus
09-23-2006, 07:27 AM
I read this from a poster named 'leopard' on Smoaky.com a while ago:

"Will could be out for a while. At first they thought he had broke his foot. Now they're thinking pulled tendons. He could be back in two or three weeks, or he could be out for season. It's like losing three starters. He wasn't the only Leopard hurt. Linebacker Jacolbi Sims went out. He's the third linebacker L-E has lost. LaMichael James is limping pretty bad. Looks like it's back to square one for L-E"

Apparently Wimberley is very "physical" on defense.

Tiger Baseball
09-23-2006, 07:52 AM
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Wimberley 35, Liberty-Eylau 7
Texans beat fifth-ranked foe.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Senior quarterback Ricky Beaty threw four touchdown passes as the Texans upset fifth-ranked Liberty-Eylau in a non-district Class 3A game at Waxahachie.

Beaty completed 7 of 10 passes for 216 yards, with two of his touchdown passes going to senior wide receiver Len Thompson and two to running back Michael Buse.

The Texans fell behind early when Liberty-Eylau quarterback Will Middlebrooks escaped on and inside keeper for a 52-yard touchdown — putting the Leopards up 7-0 in the opening quarter — but Wimberley bounced back in the second quarter when Beaty threw a reverse screen to Buse, who bolted down the right sideline, then cut back across the field for a 73-yard touchdown.

Liberty-Eylau suffered a huge blow on the next series when Middlebrooks was knocked out of the game with a broken left foot. The Leopards were able to move the ball to the Texans' 4-yard line, but were stopped when Wimberley's Richard Samuel intercepted a pass from backup quarterback Rakeem Ellis in the end zone.

That allowed the Texans to take over at their own 1-yard line, beginning a 10-play, 74-yard scoring drive that gave Wimberley the lead before halftime. Beaty found Thompson wide-open on the left side for a 30-yard score.

The Texans scored on their first drive of the second half and never looked back.

The Texans scored their final touchdown with 6:02 remaining in the fourth quarter, when Beaty connected with Samuel for a 61-yard touchdown.

Find this article at:
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/sports/stories/highschool/09/23/23wimberley.html

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Apparently Wimberley is very "physical" on defense.
If this year's team is anything like the last couple of years, yes.

Aesculus gilmus
09-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Leopards also lost a LB last night, so I should amend my comment to say the Texans are just physical--period.

gold_33
09-23-2006, 12:00 PM
The Texans looked pretty good last night but not great. The defense is starting to come together and give the offense a chance to get on the field and score some points. We're still not back to Code Red yet but are getting there and the younger guys are starting to step up and fill the shoes of last years players. MLB Skunda had a big game and is starting to look more comfortable playing in the shoes of All-Stater Biddle and the Texans should get a boost on defense next week with the return of OLB West and MLB Quisenberry who have been injured the last two weeks. The offense looked good in part of Beaty having all day to throw so the line gets the credit there. All in all it was the Texans best game so far this year and they continue to improve which they need to keep doing with a big game next week with a good Liberty Hill team coming to town.

Buckeye80
09-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
The offense looked good in part of Beaty having all day to throw so the line gets the credit there.

And no offense at all to the Wimberley team or fans intended here, but I just should reiterate this point. If LE can't get pressure on the QB, GJ Kinne will "shred" them for at least 500 yards when we play LE in the first round of the playoffs. The Buckeyes have a little bit bigger offensive line than Wimberley and receivers who will outrun any member of the LE secondary.

I hope that LE does bounce back from this loss, because the LE I saw last night wouldn't stay within 6 touchdowns of the Buckeyes.

Pudlugger
09-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
And no offense at all to the Wimberley team or fans intended here, but I just should reiterate this point. If LE can't get pressure on the QB, GJ Kinne will "shred" them for at least 500 yards when we play LE in the first round of the playoffs. The Buckeyes have a little bit bigger offensive line than Wimberley and receivers who will outrun any member of the LE secondary.

I hope that LE does bounce back from this loss, because the LE I saw last night wouldn't stay within 6 touchdowns of the Buckeyes.

Hubris

Buckeye80
09-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Hubris

You'll have to fill me in. I have no idea what that means.

Cameron Crazy
09-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Wimberly is the real deal this year looks like!!

Buckeye80
09-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy

Wimberley has a very solid team, who'll cause some problems for DII if Bandera makes the playoffs. With Ingram Moore and Llano standing in their way, I don't think it will be a problem. Wimberley and Liberty Hill #2 might be a good game to see.:D

Tweeder215
09-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy

They beat a ranked team and they are the real deal??? Bold statement.

Buckeye80
09-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
They beat a ranked team and they are the real deal??? Bold statement.

I was at the game, and Wimberley will be good.

gold_33
09-23-2006, 09:20 PM
The Texans this year are getting there but right now were not near the team of last year. These games against L-E, Giddings, Liberty Hill and Abilene Wylie are a playoff type games and will give the kids on D some great experience for the speed of the post-season.

txkmom
09-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Thankfully, initial xrays showed no breaks, and Will goes to the ortho doc today. He's doing well, although chomping at the bit to play. We left the hospital in Waxahachie, went back to see the team, and then drove on Friday night to A&M to watch a Saturday baseball scrimmage and the football game and touch base with the coaches there.
LE has a lot of work to do. A lot of potential, but a lot of work to do. Wimberley was extremely physical and played good basic football. We didn't after the first quarter. I have high hopes we can rebound.