PDA

View Full Version : My boy Cody Wallace.....

gobblergolf
09-22-2006, 05:11 PM
So, this is my first post of the year. I haven't been on much b/c I haven't been able to see much of the Gobblers. Based on that.... I chose to post this article about former Gobbler and current Aggie starting center, Cody Wallace. He is one of my very good friends and for anyone who hasn't heard of him, this should give you some insight on the class act that he is. He is a key example of the classy people that are produced in the Cuero Gobbler System. This article comes from "12th Man on Campus".... A magazine distributed here at Texas A&M. I hope it works, and hopefully it hasn't already been posted on this site. If either of these don't work.... I apologize for my computer stupidity. If the link doesn't work and you are still interested.... search "12th Man on Campus" @ google. From there you can click on the first link, then "home", then the link "12th man on campus now available online". From there you just need to click on the article entitled, "The Toughest Position".

Hope y'all enjoy. Cody is quite humble and doesn't think he deserves any recognition. But as a friend, I believe its my job to give credit where credit is due!!

http://www.12thmanfoundation.com/OnCampus/site/OCmag/vol3-3/8-11.pdf

Gobbler Fan
09-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Great Article :clap:

big daddy russ
09-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Hell yeah. Great article.

KingRob
09-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Wow, that was good! His grandparents are a blessing. :clap:

gobblergolf
09-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Yes, his grandparents (Puff & Muff) def are. They are two really great ppl. Outside of my wonderful grandparents, they are at the top of my list.....

AggieJohn
09-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Whoop! I read the whole article, so awesome.

g$$
09-23-2006, 02:44 AM
A very good friend of mine is currently Cody's academic advisor at A&M. He has told me just how much he likes & respects Cody, said he works hard & takes care of his business. Those are the kids you root for, on & off the field. We can all learn something from this young man. Thanks for sharing.

GreenMachine
09-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Awesome young man. When he comes back home to Cuero, he always has a flock of kids around him and he makes plenty of time for them.

maroogreen
09-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Cody is just an adorable young man. And the cool thing is that he really is just like he comes across in the article. So many times, the articles in alumni magazines are well-written but basically PR pieces. Having known him for a number of years, I can honestly say he really is the person he is portrayed as in the article. Great kid and a class act, but also a smart guy who makes good grades in college who has a quirky sense of humor.

gobbler grad
09-23-2006, 10:34 PM
great article and great young man...god bless him...:)

Gobbla2001
09-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Yah, Cody's a neat guy... hardly ever removes that little smirk from his face...

we used to do a drill as offensive-linemen where one player would go head up with another... one would be pass blocking, the other would be rushing... five yards behind the pass blocker was a dummy with a football on it and on the outside was a border of the rest of the offensive linemen, if you got that far outside their goal was to push you back in...

Cody started that year as a sophmore at center, I was a senior... let's face it, there was little or no chance I was getting past Cody when we got put head to head...

but we pulled a prank on the coaches a couple of times... I went full blast, on contact Cody would fall backwards and hit the ground and I'd go grab the ball :D

Gobbla2001
09-24-2006, 01:19 PM
I actually remember having conversations ABOUT him when we were sophmores...

We'd get out to the practice field after school and the 8th graders were always getting read to wrap up practice....

some other linemen and I would just sit there and look at him while he was over there with the 8th grade. "He's so big, but he's a p#$%$" one would end up saying a couple of times... "he's too soft, not aggressive or anything"... you had the feeling if Cody would have been on varsity with that guy that there would be no way for him to succeed... like they'd never give him a chance... but luckily the same guy who said all of that stuff kinda took him in and worked out with him etc... when he got up to high school...