PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know about Glen Rose

RMAC
09-21-2006, 07:31 PM
I honestly thought they were like Brock and were straight basketball. Graham plays them tomorrow night and I'll be trecking home for this one. I was wondering if anybody knew anything about how they play and what offense they run. I'm turning to you, VWG, because I consider you to be the Region I guru.

Cameron Crazy
09-21-2006, 07:43 PM
All i know is that we better beat them.!!

sweetwater07
09-21-2006, 09:17 PM
i moved from cleburne...so i was near them....but we also played them a year or so back...i'm pretty sure they run a spread offense...but dont take it as gospel......

Stownhorse
09-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i moved from cleburne...so i was near them....but we also played them a year or so back...i'm pretty sure they run a spread offense...but dont take it as gospel......

Yea I ran their scout team and I think the coaches told us they were sumthin like a 90% passing team

Mot'r Boat'r
09-21-2006, 11:07 PM
yeah i know about glen rose...they have a nuclear plant there and dinosaur tracks!!

Matthew328
09-21-2006, 11:15 PM
average at best....Graham will beat them..

Manck
09-22-2006, 12:04 AM
New coach this year, so maybe new offense.

eagles_victory
09-22-2006, 12:51 AM
they have a nuclear powerplant or something

VWG
09-22-2006, 06:03 AM
Mark Cunningham was at Glen Rose, but he moved to take the job at FW Brewer. Glen Rose runs mostly from the spread, but will put a FB/RB sometimes in a slot back position to block for their RB. Had a good team a couple of years ago, but I don't think this year's team is anything to write home about.
They lost some good skill people last year, and a couple of their key players are LB Williams and OL Jones... who is a big boy at 295lbs.
Interesting game as Glen Rose isn't going to be a dominant 3A team, but Graham is 0-3, riddled by injuries, freshman QB, etc......

kaorder1999
09-22-2006, 07:59 AM
Glen Rose is not bad. THey have confidence in what they are doing, especially offensively. The go a lot of no-back and 1 back and every now and then they shift into a two back formation....its almost like an offset I formation out of shotgun. They like to throw the ball. A lot!

VWG
09-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Glen Rose is not bad. THey have confidence in what they are doing, especially offensively. The go a lot of no-back and 1 back and every now and then they shift into a two back formation....its almost like an offset I formation out of shotgun. They like to throw the ball. A lot!

That offset I formation is actually a formation they like to run the sweep out of. It's not a true offset I because the fullback/rb is actually about two yards behind the OT..... never seen that formation before. Pretty effective though at getting the lead blocker out in front on a 3 wide, shotgun sweep play.

Adidas410s
09-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by VWG
That offset I formation is actually a formation they like to run the sweep out of. It's not a true offset I because the fullback/rb is actually about two yards behind the OT..... never seen that formation before. Pretty effective though at getting the lead blocker out in front on a 3 wide, shotgun sweep play.

So is it like a single wing with the QB in shotgun?

The QB is in shotgun...the FB is lined up behind the OT...where is the HB???

VWG
09-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
So is it like a single wing with the QB in shotgun?

The QB is in shotgun...the FB is lined up behind the OT...where is the HB???

Spread formation, with the RB right next to the QB. Three WR split (2 one way, 1 the other) and the FB/RB lines up about 2 to 3 yards behind the "strong side", right behind the OT.