PDA

View Full Version : Burnet.....

PantherEatDog
10-17-2002, 06:18 PM
All this hipe over Burnet is giving Burnet a very big head! Every message board has people from Burnet ragging on and on about how good they are and how bad they are going to beat everyone. I is getting very annoying.

topdawg
10-17-2002, 07:12 PM
im not from burnet and i still think there going to kill liberty hill

Shotgun73
10-17-2002, 07:22 PM
PantherEatDog:
All this hipe over Burnet is giving Burnet a very big head! Every message board has people from Burnet ragging on and on about how good they are and how bad they are going to beat everyone. I is getting very annoying.Maybe you need to go see a shrink!

WreckinCrew
10-17-2002, 08:18 PM
Burnet is a good football team, but they can be beat if you: 1- shut down WR#8 2- watch for the reverse pass to the QB 3- keep containment on the reverse on kickoff

but if u dont do that their gonna win !!

lildawg08
10-17-2002, 08:28 PM
I dont think Burnet is bighead at all..looks like someone is jealous cause they arent from Burnet...GO DAWGS!

29x281
10-17-2002, 08:37 PM
The spectators (which includes most of the people who post on this forum) don't mean anything.

As for they players and coaches, I don't think they feel like they've played really good football since the first 2 weeks of the season. They can be beaten, just as any team can, but if they are it won't be because of the big-head. That's not the psychology of this team. They respect Bandera, and they'll play hard tomorrow night.

Shotgun73
10-17-2002, 09:09 PM
WreckinCrew:
Burnet is a good football team, but they can be beat if you: 1- shut down WR#8 2- watch for the reverse pass to the QB 3- keep containment on the reverse on kickoff

but if u dont do that their gonna win !!</strong>

Sounds as if you might be from Marlin. Those were the three things that cost Marlin on that particular night. Something tells me that there might be more to it than stopping those three things, but then again, what do I know?

LH_PANTHER
10-17-2002, 09:10 PM
I don't think Burnet will get a big head either. In the past I have seen Burnet teams get good and then relax. It has costed them some good runs at the playoffs in the past. But I think that the new staff there in Burnet and the number of good players they have will not let up until they reach their final destination.

Old Dog
10-18-2002, 12:06 AM
Don't be too hard on Burnet fans. Yes, the loud mouths embarrass Burnet fans. Burnet went for 70 years without advancing past bi-district. The nineties were mostly good years and they found out winning is FUN!

jimmy43
10-20-2002, 10:05 PM
BURNET.... also helps when you have twice as many students as Liberty Hill too. twice as much talent to choose from.

Chris Hart
10-20-2002, 10:14 PM
It didn't help Austin Reagan and Killeen Shoemaker against Burnet.

LH_PANTHER
10-20-2002, 10:18 PM
Good point Chris, but I truly believe that after a certain limit it doesn't matter. Like when you have 400 kids compared to 800 it matters. But you still play the game just as hard as you can no matter how many kids. Liberty Hill has a lot of kids that should be playing. They have kids that played last year, that even started, that are not playing this year.

spaniard
10-21-2002, 12:06 AM
LH_PANTHER,

i have to disagree with you about size of the schools mattering in the outcome of games. take a look at the state championship team of stephenville a few years back. they had a school half the size of those that they were dominating in the 4a class. and celina is not that big either, and the fact that they have beaten some quality teams twice their size or bigger just shows that size doesnt really matter in texas high school football.

SintonFan
10-21-2002, 05:34 AM
jimmy43:
BURNET.... also helps when you have twice as many students as Liberty Hill too. twice as much talent to choose from.Regardless of the size of your school, rethink your train of thought. Odem finished 2nd last year in our district. They are now 2A. Not bad at all. Liberty Hill has other things to worry about. Bandera is not too shabby at home. That's a concern for you.

Old Dog
10-21-2002, 03:55 PM
jimmy43, reread my first post on this subject. Burnet has had many dry spells over the years. When Burnet moved from 1A to 2A in the late 60's, I think we lost 38 of 40 games. Most everybody has their day in the sun. Believe it or not, most folks in Burnet are real happy for Liberty Hills 7-0 record. This means the Hwy.29 corridor has some very talented, hard working young men lining up to play ball.

bulldawg89
10-21-2002, 04:53 PM
Look people, we cant help that we have a great team, and that the PUSSY CAT PANTHERS think that they are all that since they have an undefeated season so far.......Well guess what? SO DO WE, and we are coming for you, so enjoy your winning streak; b/c it will end Nov.8 :)

LH_PANTHER
10-21-2002, 05:46 PM
Talk your crap bulldog, that's ok. I think you guys have good points about size, but I believe those are the exceptions. Out of all the high schools in the state of Texas, most will struggle to adjust to a high classification. Especially when you don't prepare for the move up to a higher classification. I think Burnet is preparing for the move to 4a with their predistrict schedule and that will help them when they jump up to 4a.

LH_PANTHER
10-21-2002, 05:53 PM
I also wanted to say it helps how your coach treats the program at the school. If he plays a lot of kids both ways like a 2a school would, you will get 2a results. That means your kids will get wore down by a team that does not play many kids both ways. If you just play a couple of your best atheletes both ways then in the forth quarter you will still have some energy left to play with. That is how most larger schools do it. In the past Liberty Hill played most kids both ways and was quickly wore down after half time. Now Coach Vance plays 3 kids starting both ways and Liberty Hill can score 28 forth quarter points. It just matters to the approach of the coaching staff.

jimmy43
10-21-2002, 07:43 PM
Good point LHpanther. we are a 4 quarter team. when others let down we turn it up. 4TH QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!

MKA
10-21-2002, 09:52 PM
Relentless effort will be rewarded by big plays. A 4 quarter team who never takes off a play and keeps coming all night long is hard to beat. 4th quarter teams reveal the diference between HEART and TALENT.

PantherEatDog
10-22-2002, 07:29 AM
Well said MKA.

sinton66
10-22-2002, 07:42 AM
I wonder how much of this is being copied and pasted into a text file so it can be printed out and posted on the Burnet locker room bulletin board? It's never very smart to go tweaking on an opponent you haven't met yet.