PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City v Newton (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!)

3Aroy
10-28-2001, 09:55 AM
This will be an awesome game. I think it should be close the whole way through. Last year Bridge City controlled the game and won big. Newton is a lot better than they were last year and I think they will win 27-14. Any other predictions?

bccards
10-28-2001, 11:27 AM
It will be MUCH closer than 27-14 my friend, Newton has given up 20 unanswered points from Orangefield and Woodville.. Bridge City has given up -0- I Predict this game to be a defensive battle, and the best team will by a Field Goal.. Our guys will be playing on a higher intensity, as will your guys. Newton's D is better this year, yet, so is BC's.. Im pretty sure it'll be a mid-scoring game, not above 28, but above 14.. for either side..

[This message has been edited by bccards (edited October 28, 2001).]

Old Cardinal
10-28-2001, 01:12 PM
I read in the Newspaper that the Harris Poll said this was the Texas game of the week-week #9...what an honor for both teams. Sure everyone wants to win but whatever happens it should strengthen BOTH teams to have met top quality talent just three weeks before postseason begins. Bridge City has 5 shutouts out of eight games and Newton has held their own against some awesome 4A powers-both could have played weak sisters;however they have prepared for this night and the postseason to follow. Best of luck to both teams as they enter their respective Divisional playoffs!

Husker98
10-28-2001, 03:52 PM
bccards,
I don't see how this one will be close this week. Last week you were running your mouth about how Newton barely beat Ozen, who got beat by Silsbee, and that ya'll could beat Silsbee any day of the week. If ya'll want to look at it that way, Newton beat Ozen(20-19), who beat Vidor(50-10), who beat ya'll 24-21. Now what do you have to say about that. I think Newton will win this one easily.

Newton 28-13

TRY ME - I'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS

3Aroy
10-28-2001, 04:05 PM
I have heard from two people who have seen Bridge City AND Newton play, and both said the same thing... "Bridge City has a good team, but they can't stay on the field with Newton." I disagree with that to some extent, but Newton should be able to win this one easier than they have won some of their previous games. Old Cardinal, that is one of the advantages that Newton has... they are used to playing the big games. They are part of games year after year that are considered the best game in the state. Newton knows how to win the big ones. Last year we weren't expecting a big game. We were expecting a blowout, and we found out otherwise. This year Newton is prepared. The first half might be close, but Newton should win it. Bccards, I didn't say that one of the teams will score more than 28 (Newton 27), and I didn't say that one of them would not score less than 14 (Bridge City 14). Newton should be able to win this one by a couple of TDs.

bccards
10-28-2001, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Husker98:
bccards,
I don't see how this one will be close this week. Last week you were running your mouth about how Newton barely beat Ozen, who got beat by Silsbee, and that ya'll could beat Silsbee any day of the week. If ya'll want to look at it that way, Newton beat Ozen(20-19), who beat Vidor(50-10), who beat ya'll 24-21. Now what do you have to say about that. I think Newton will win this one easily.

Newton 28-13

Sorry HUSKER98, that wasn't me.. don't know who you're thinking about.. however.. we ALL know SCORES have nothing to do with the week coming up.. as far as I'm concerned.. we are BOTH 0-0 and going for a Win.. I'll also say this though.. Newton last year, was "supposed to win this one easily" but that message backfired, now didn't it??

bccards
10-28-2001, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by 3Aroy:
I have heard from two people who have seen Bridge City AND Newton play, and both said the same thing... "Bridge City has a good team, but they can't stay on the field with Newton." I disagree with that to some extent, but Newton should be able to win this one easier than they have won some of their previous games. Old Cardinal, that is one of the advantages that Newton has... they are used to playing the big games. They are part of games year after year that are considered the best game in the state. Newton knows how to win the big ones. Last year we weren't expecting a big game. We were expecting a blowout, and we found out otherwise. This year Newton is prepared. The first half might be close, but Newton should win it. Bccards, I didn't say that one of the teams will score more than 28 (Newton 27), and I didn't say that one of them would not score less than 14 (Bridge City 14). Newton should be able to win this one by a couple of TDs.

Roy, I'll say this to you too... The BEST team will win, no doubt.. Someone has to win.. However, I don't think Newton will win by a 'couple of TD's' however, it'll be real close, regardless.. One thing BC has that Newton doesn't have is a huge Roster.. Tiring a team out can cost a game.. but you know that, everyone does.. I don't do trash talking.. I just talk like a normal, football fan..
We are hungry for another district championship, but hey if we don't get it.. darn.. We're still in postseason no matter what.. I do root Newton on every game, but of course, there is one game of this season that I will be pulling for my own team, BC..
as for the people you've heard saying 'bc can't keep up with Newton' is probably giving their biased opinion.. All I care about is the week is finnaly here, the best team will win (whoever that may be).. but either way, we know what will happen on Saturday morning on here.. There will be so much " I TOLD YOU SO " by either side (depending on who wins) etc.. good luck to both teams in the upcoming Playoffs..

Husker98
10-28-2001, 07:55 PM
Bccards,
I didn't say you were the one that said that. It was Old Cardinal. By the way, after Friday night, we will be pulling for BC again, too.

[This message has been edited by Husker98 (edited October 28, 2001).]

3Aroy
10-28-2001, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by bccards:
Roy, I'll say this to you too... The BEST team will win, no doubt.. Someone has to win.. However, I don't think Newton will win by a 'couple of TD's' however, it'll be real close, regardless.. One thing BC has that Newton doesn't have is a huge Roster.. Tiring a team out can cost a game.. but you know that, everyone does.. I don't do trash talking.. I just talk like a normal, football fan..
We are hungry for another district championship, but hey if we don't get it.. darn.. We're still in postseason no matter what.. I do root Newton on every game, but of course, there is one game of this season that I will be pulling for my own team, BC..
as for the people you've heard saying 'bc can't keep up with Newton' is probably giving their biased opinion.. All I care about is the week is finnaly here, the best team will win (whoever that may be).. but either way, we know what will happen on Saturday morning on here.. There will be so much " I TOLD YOU SO " by either side (depending on who wins) etc.. good luck to both teams in the upcoming Playoffs..

It really wasn't a biased quote. Both people were from other towns. One from LC-M and the other from Kirbyville, but I think it will be a close game and Newton might not win by two TDs. I hope that it is CLOSE the entire game. I want to see a good game, and I will most certainly be pulling for Bridge City on their road to a state championship as well. I hope that both the D1 and D2 trophy come back to district 21-3A!!!

DON'T SING IT... BRING IT!!!

3Aroy
10-28-2001, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by bccards:

It really wasn't a biased quote. Both people were from other towns. One from LC-M and the other from Kirbyville, but I think it will be a close game and Newton might not win by two TDs. I hope that it is CLOSE the entire game. I want to see a good game, and I will most certainly be pulling for Bridge City on their road to a state championship as well. I hope that both the D1 and D2 trophy come back to district 21-3A!!!

DON'T SING IT... BRING IT!!!

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited October 28, 2001).]

bccards
10-28-2001, 10:58 PM
amen 3ARoy! Good luck to both teams this Friday, and in the quest for a state championship.. wouldn't that be cool if both 3A state champs came from dist 21-3A?? LOL