PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best chance to beat Gilmer?

oldcrow
09-21-2006, 09:35 AM
:confused:

DU_stud04
09-21-2006, 09:41 AM
i dont see southlake carrol on here or lufkin.....:D

Snyder_TigerFan
09-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Where is the "None of the above" option?;)

JasperDog94
09-21-2006, 09:46 AM
I didn't see the Kansas City Chiefs on there...:confused:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
ROFL!

44INAROW
09-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

ROFL :)

cats2151
09-21-2006, 09:55 AM
If there going to get beat it will be a team with a great D.Also have a strong running game.Gilmers defence is there weakness.They gave up 42 to daingerfield but i think gilmer can just win in a shootout.

JR2004
09-21-2006, 10:02 AM
The 85 Bears possibly?

lostaussie
09-21-2006, 10:04 AM
i say Liberty Eylau. we will know more after their game this week with Wimberly. they have the speed to match up with us. and 1 thing is certain...........i don't know if we will play the rest of the teams on that list............but we will play Liberty Eylau..............1st round

raider red 2000
09-21-2006, 10:18 AM
is gilmer the big school?

wos fan1
09-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Gilmer will go big school. WOS could hang with them because of speed.

Adidas410s
09-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i say Liberty Eylau. we will know more after their game this week with Wimberly. they have the speed to match up with us. and 1 thing is certain...........i don't know if we will play the rest of the teams on that list............but we will play Liberty Eylau..............1st round

That was my vote! :thumbsup:

Stownhorse
09-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
That was my vote! :thumbsup:

First time I've ever posted this name but Cuero Gobblers can beat them....and Liberty-Eylau was my next choice...def. not decatur because I know their defense can not hold the power house O of Gilmer.

shankbear
09-21-2006, 11:14 AM
The team that lets all the air out of the tires on their buses

Gsquared
09-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Aussie, there only one team in Reg 2 that would have a shot if Gilmer turned the ball over some and didnt play well. Its not LE, seen em actually, line is not real strong imo, qb and rb make em go but thats it, wasnt really impressed. That reg 2 team I speak of is a suprise right now however, I dont think this team could beat them if Gilmer doesnt make a few mistakes.

Underwater Basketweaver
09-21-2006, 11:25 AM
I choose Decatur, well cause I'm a homer. But I really think that our pass defense is our specialty. We have only played run teams to this point, and haven't been able to display our pass coverage abilities yet.

Phil C
09-21-2006, 11:41 AM
HEY HOW COME INGLESIDE ISN'T ON THAT LIST?! :mad:

Stownhorse
09-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
I choose Decatur, well cause I'm a homer. But I really think that our pass defense is our specialty. We have only played run teams to this point, and haven't been able to display our pass coverage abilities yet.

Y'all cant stop their running back, plus G.J. Kinne has got an arm!

lostaussie
09-21-2006, 12:01 PM
We have only played run teams to this point, and haven't been able to display our pass coverage abilities yet. if we were lucky enough to play, you still would not be able to display your pass coverage abilities. maybe we shall get that chance!!!!!!

lostaussie
09-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Aussie, there only one team in Reg 2 that would have a shot if Gilmer turned the ball over some and didnt play well. Its not LE, seen em actually, line is not real strong imo, qb and rb make em go but thats it, wasnt really impressed. That reg 2 team I speak of is a suprise right now however, I dont think this team could beat them if Gilmer doesnt make a few mistakes. you have my curiousity up. maybe you are talking about Argyle? what region are they in? i really do not know anything about them. if not them it must be Royse City:D i have heard thru the grapevine they are pretty good.

DU_stud04
09-21-2006, 12:08 PM

if yall do manage to stop the pass you still wouldnt beable to contain the rb and kinne on the ground, deadly combo aswell. kinne is a big boy for a qb.

Gsquared
09-21-2006, 12:11 PM
you have my curiousity up. maybe you are talking about Argyle? what region are they in? i really do not know anything about them. if not them it must be Royse City:D i have heard thru the grapevine they are pretty good.
Well, I saw Argyle scrimmage Celina, while pretty good, no, dont think they would have much of a shot against the Buckeyes.

lostaussie
09-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
if yall do manage to stop the pass you still wouldnt beable to contain the rb and kinne on the ground, deadly combo aswell. kinne is a big boy for a qb. the juggernaut is a believer..............:tongue: to all the non-believers:D

DU_stud04
09-21-2006, 12:18 PM
the juggernaut is a believer..............:tongue: to all the non-believers:D

ive seen alot of very good teams and socalled "the best teams around" in my short time.....this gilmer team blows them out of the water. the soft spot is the defense, but thats doesnt say much.

Aesculus gilmus
09-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Gilmer, if the Bucks can stay relatively injury-free, should not be beaten. And that would be the case in either division.

The defense, while a weakness at this point, usually comes around.

Last year's team was picked to finish third in its district, but got better as the season rolled on. One reason the Buckeyes lost the shootout to Canton in the second round was that a key linebacker, Arsenial Richardson, was out. And several others were banged up from the previous week and not 100 percent. That's not to take anything away from G.J., Houston Tuminello and Canton in general that night, including G.J.'s dad, who did a helluva coaching job.

The Daingerfield bi-district victory, while impressive, took a lot out of the 2005 Buckeyes. And some admitted they really didn't take Canton seriously.

I hope Gonzales continues to lose, so that we can see a Cuero-Gilmer matchup in Div I. Gilmer would be the underdog, since the vaunted AP poll will no doubt still have Cuero ranked No. 1.

Absent a catastrophic turnover night, no team will be able to keep pace with Gilmer unless it has a lot of speed AND can score as quickly as the Buckeyes do. The running teams have no chance once they fall two or three TDs behind, as they have to start passing and are usually no good at it and thus fall even farther behind once the sacks and interceptions begin piling up.

I voted for Cuero having the best chance, but we shouldn't overlook Liberty-Eylau either.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 12:44 PM
dammit I homered and picked Cuero...

But from w hat Gilmer's D has shown me, and also knowing the lack of Liberty Hill's style of offense up in that area, I'd say Liberty Hill 123 Gilmer 122 1/2

Gsquared
09-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gilmer, if the Bucks can stay relatively injury-free, should not be beaten. And that would be the case in either division.

The defense, while a weakness at this point, usually comes around.

Last year's team was picked to finish third in its district, but got better as the season rolled on. One reason the Buckeyes lost the shootout to Canton in the second round was that a key linebacker, Arsenial Richardson, was out. And several others were banged up from the previous week and not 100 percent. That's not to take anything away from G.J., Houston Tuminello and Canton in general that night, including G.J.'s dad, who did a helluva coaching job.

The Daingerfield bi-district victory, while impressive, took a lot out of the 2005 Buckeyes. And some admitted they really didn't take Canton seriously.

I hope Gonzales continues to lose, so that we can see a Cuero-Gilmer matchup in Div I. Gilmer would be the underdog, since the vaunted AP poll will no doubt still have Cuero ranked No. 1.

Absent a catastrophic turnover night, no team will be able to keep pace with Gilmer unless it has a lot of speed AND can score as quickly as the Buckeyes do. The running teams have no chance once they fall two or three TDs behind, as they have to start passing and are usually no good at it and thus fall even farther behind once the sacks and interceptions begin piling up.

I voted for Cuero having the best chance, but we shouldn't overlook Liberty-Eylau either.
Well, im telling ya, you might not know yet but theres a better team out there in Reg 2 than LE . LE O-Line is about the size of Tatums wich was pretty small (excpet for that RT who didnt do much). Not that I think anyone can beat Gilmer if Gilmer is "on" but they do have to keep the turnovers to a min.

NateDawg39
09-21-2006, 01:04 PM
hmmm...heres sarcastic behavior for ya...maybe if Decatur and Gilmer do meet, Gilmer will have an off night like Sweetwater did when we met....:rolleyes:

NateDawg39
09-21-2006, 01:11 PM
if yall do manage to stop the pass you still wouldnt beable to contain the rb and kinne on the ground, deadly combo aswell. kinne is a big boy for a qb. All though I am a Decatur fan, I have to agree with this statement. Realistically Gilmer has weapons on the field in all 11 spots...I do think that if we can stop the pass, then we would have to have hardcore special teams plays just like we had in Brownwood against Sweetwater to beat them

lostaussie
09-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
hmmm...heres sarcastic behavior for ya...maybe if Decatur and Gilmer do meet, Gilmer will have an off night like Sweetwater did when we met....:rolleyes: negative gost rider:Dwe live for those types of games!!!!!

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 01:14 PM
negative gost rider:D

the pattern is full Gilmer says...

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm tired of reading all of this about Gilmer:mad: They are a good team, but haven't won anything yet! Upsets happen every
week :eek:

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Upsets happen every
week :eek:

that upsets me

BHBrave08
09-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Cuero is the only chance in 3A I think.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
Cuero is the only chance in 3A I think.

I don't think so... I think there are a few teams like Cuero (or Cuero is like a few teams out there)...

greenpride
09-21-2006, 01:32 PM
From what I have read, Gilmer's defense is not as good as Cuero's. Tatum moved up and down the field and more or less let mistakes and penalties take them out of the game. It would be a game that everyone would love to see. Maybe if the cards fall right..................

Gsquared
09-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Gilmer is about as salty as they come for sure, but NOBODY is
un-beatable and Gilmer knows that as well. Let us not forget when everyone was ready to hand the rings to Decatur a couple of years ago.

lostaussie
09-21-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm tired of reading all of this about Gilmer:mad: They are a good team, but haven't won anything yet! Upsets happen every
week :eek: don't read it. nobody wants you to be upset. I am very aware that Cuero is a football factory year in and year out, but i don't get upset when someone showers praises on them. Remember, most of the folks talking about how good Gilmer is, don't live here. We are represented by very few posters.:thumbsup:

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Let us not forget when everyone was ready to hand the rings to Decatur a couple of years ago.

if that wasn't pulled out of some PhilC archive somewhere I dunno what has been...

Hey G, we tourin' some bars the 6th?

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 01:35 PM
don't read it. nobody wants you to be upset. I am very aware that Cuero is a football factory year in and year out, but i don't get upset when someone showers praises on them. Remember, most of the folks talking about how good Gilmer is, don't live here. We are represented by very few posters.:thumbsup:

what does Cuero have to do with this? gdmmit Maverick... :p

Gsquared
09-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
if that wasn't pulled out of some PhilC archive somewhere I dunno what has been...

Hey G, we tourin' some bars the 6th?
Take me on tha tour!!!

sweetwater07
09-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
hmmm...heres sarcastic behavior for ya...maybe if Decatur and Gilmer do meet, Gilmer will have an off night like Sweetwater did when we met....:rolleyes:

lol thats real cute...we credited yalls win...assuming we meet again...you'll see how bad of a night we had

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Take me on tha tour!!!

for ssure, said Mr. Shiner Bock Man

sweetwater07
09-21-2006, 01:43 PM
i really think our running game would stand a chance...but our secondary would look like middle schoolers out there with G.J. Kinne in the pocket...or out...lol:eek:

DU_stud04
09-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i really think our running game would stand a chance...but our secondary would look like middle schoolers out there with G.J. Kinne in the pocket...or out...lol:eek:

haha, agreed.

sweetwater07
09-21-2006, 01:48 PM
haha, agreed.

with four different backs that are all capable of running down the field...i think Gilmer would give some points up on defense.....G.J. is just too good for our defense though

DU_stud04
09-21-2006, 01:52 PM
one thing i noticed about gilmer....or really so tatum. tatum really had the screen/swing pass down and really hurt gilmer with that. they would be 12-15 yards a pop and gilmer couldnt stop it. then again tatum ran it to perfection, the recievers could really throw blocks. if i was the coach of tatum i would ahve continuously ran that untill gilmer proved could stop it. thats most of the scouting report im giving.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 01:54 PM
one thing i noticed about gilmer....or really so tatum. tatum really had the screen/swing pass down and really hurt gilmer with that. they would be 12-15 yards a pop and gilmer couldnt stop it. then again tatum ran it to perfection, the recievers could really throw blocks. if i was the coach of tatum i would ahve continuously ran that untill gilmer proved could stop it. thats most of the scouting report im giving.

I say you eat some wheaties...

NateDawg39
09-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Well...im glad some people find me cute...Sweetwater people mainly I think, but in any case; I honestly think Progresso has the best chance. Gilmer would be in such shock as to how horrible they are that they forget what they are supposed to do with the ball...so the final score would be 7-0 Ants:confused: I confused myself...again!!:rolleyes:

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Where is the love for the "ants"? :bigcry:

Bearkat
09-21-2006, 03:57 PM
The Yoemen beat Gilmer in '81 and would do it again. It looks like Gilmer will go "big school" and Cameron will go "small." Lucky for Gilmer this match-up will not happen.

Buckeye80
09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
The Yoemen beat Gilmer in '81 and would do it again. It looks like Gilmer will go "big school" and Cameron will go "small." Lucky for Gilmer this match-up will not happen.

Yeah! Lucky for us! Is your room still decorated with the '81 Championship memorabilia?:)

The Yoemen would be slaughtered!

lostaussie
09-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
The Yoemen beat Gilmer in '81 and would do it again. It looks like Gilmer will go "big school" and Cameron will go "small." Lucky for Gilmer this match-up will not happen. 1981 was a long time ago in a land far, far away. These ain't ya mamas Buckeyes:D

wedo
09-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Gilmer will go big school. WOS could hang with them because of speed.

My thought exactly!!! WOS has good team speed!!!!

mwynn05
09-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Gilmer will go big school. WOS could hang with them because of speed. WOS wont make it that far though

Buckeye80
09-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Gilmer has a whole lot of speed and some pretty good size. And what they lack in size, they make up for in knowing how to play with what they have.
If the Buckeyes are hitting on all cylinders, I will say that no 3A team in the state can beat them, including Cuero (the obvious front-runner). Having said that though, getting a group of 15, 16, and 17 year olds to hit on all cylinders is not easy.
Of course, the only thing I know about Cuero and the other teams in the poll is what I read on here, so there goes my credibility.:D

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Sounds like we are all just playing for second. :thinking:

greenpride
09-21-2006, 09:09 PM
If Cuero and Gilmer are both hitting on all cylinders and would happen to meet, it would be a "who has the ball last" wins type of game. I don't think you can name 1 position that Gilmer is head and shoulders above Cuero.

Just my opinion.

Unless the game happens, it is all just hype and speculation. Both teams are loaded, and like said before, getting 15-18 year olds grooving at the same time is easier said than done.

Peace.

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I wonder what Gilmer has after this year? Looking at Cuero, we should be loaded for a long time! :eek:

sweetwater07
09-21-2006, 09:34 PM
I wonder what Gilmer has after this year? Looking at Cuero, we should be loaded for a long time! :eek:

Liberty Hill just spanked yalls j.v. and fish

WOS1
09-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
WOS wont make it that far though

You sound pretty confident about that from way up in Denton. When was the last time you saw WO-S play?

I think WO-S would definitely compete well with Gilmer. We have the speed to match up along with a defense. If they aren't that good on defense then we would score a lot of points. That is, as long as we were healthy when we met, but that goes for any 3A team.

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Then got beat by a solid program. Scores?

MagicMan
09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
i dont know if this has been said already but i think gilmer's second team would compete well since they know all the plays they run and all the checks and stuff.

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Just saw scores on another thread. Spanking???

Mot'r Boat'r
09-21-2006, 11:06 PM
nobody.....has the BEST chance...cuz everybody has an equal chance, it's just if they seize the moment and use what little chance they have to win

gilmer is gooooooood

(so is jasper):D

g$$
09-22-2006, 02:44 AM
1983 Daingerfield in a runaway!!

Just kidding, would love to see Cuero & Gilmer play...

bulldogman06
09-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Why is this post not called who has a chance to beat Cuero? they are absolutely the best team this year

Aesculus gilmus
09-22-2006, 05:22 AM

Gilmer's QB-in-waiting is a 6'1", 185-lb freshman named Darian "Stump" Godfrey. I don't know how tall he has to get to be promoted to "Tree." He played a little in the opening game. Very impressive.

Yeah, Gilmer is loaded for years to come also, even if "recruiting" doesn't go well. :D

People who accuse Gilmer of that have got it backwards. There may well be "football parents" who are, even as we speak, thinking of moving their precious future NFL star into the GISD, but that sort of thing is commonplace whenever a program gets on a roll.

As long as Traylor and his staff are there, the Buckeyes will roll.

DU_stud04
09-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Why is this post not called who has a chance to beat Cuero? they are absolutely the best team this year

hahahahhaha, your funny:clap: :clap: :clap: :D