PDA

View Full Version : 3AAA lands 15 in TXPREPS Top 85 QB's for 2003

Ranger Mom
03-02-2003, 01:49 PM
I was browsing this site and came across this link. I have to admit, some I had heard of, some of the school's I had NEVER heard of!

TexasPrepXtra (http://www.texasprepxtra.com.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=168777)

PPHSfan
03-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Just so nobody goes crazy. I think this is a projected list for 2003. At first I was looking for a lot of names that were missing, then I realized they graduated. :p

But I still don't see why Caleb Hanie from Forney is not on the list. Wasn't he a Junior? Did he move?

Jimbotex40
03-02-2003, 02:23 PM
no, he still lives here, and yes i dont see why the heck hes not on it. he should go D1 next year.

mustang04
03-02-2003, 02:37 PM
yeah...i think this is projected for next year, because michael carrillo isnt anywhere on there, and it does say 2003 QB's so im guessing its for the 2003 season this coming fall

Ranger Mom
03-02-2003, 03:22 PM
I think ya'll are right about the "projected" fact. I posted that site and then went back and looked at them again. I had decided that is was BOGUS because Carillo wasn't on there when I realized it said 2003 - which will be next football season!!

Keith7
03-02-2003, 03:51 PM
PPHSfan, Did Josh Leblanc start lastyear? cuz i was thinking Joe Calhoun did, and Josh Leblanc played running back and split some time at QB.. am I wrong?

PPHSfan
03-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Keith7:
PPHSfan, Did Josh Leblanc start lastyear? cuz i was thinking Joe Calhoun did, and Josh Leblanc played running back and split some time at QB.. am I wrong?Keith,

Calhoun and LeBlanc split quite a bit last year. LeBlanc just didn't get any time in at QB in the Gainesville game. Calhoun graduated and LeBlanc was a Junior. Another reason LeBlanc played so much tailback was due to the loss of Salas in the Bridgeport game. LeBlanc has 4.4 speed and had to take up the slack. He should do real well this year as the starting QB because he is always a threat to break one open around the corner.

ThaRealBulldog
03-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Caleb Hanie from Forney should defiently be on there.

Jimbotex40
03-02-2003, 08:53 PM
how can josh leblanc who didnt even start on an average team be on the list over caleb hanie who started and was on the states second best team...plus i thought PP always runs (is that right?)

PPHSfan
03-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Jimbotex40:
how can josh leblanc who didnt even start on an average team be on the list over caleb hanie who started and was on the states second best team...plus i thought PP always runs (is that right?).
Hey Jimbo, everybody agrees that Caleb is being overlooked. Heck I was the first one to say so. But I wouldn't bad mouth Leblanc or Pilot Point by calling them average. My guess is they come in polling in the top 50 out of 200+ teams at the beginning of the season, is that average?

Jimbotex40
03-03-2003, 04:32 PM
oh dang, i didnt even notice how much that sound like bad mouth...im sorry, i meant to say that PP is a good program and in their first year of 3A they had an average year, not compared to normal teams but to what yall usually do. if forney did what yall did this past year...that would be average, but to a lot of teams that would be awesome.
also, i consider the bottom 140 of the 200 in 3A, as bad teams, i consider top 25 awesome or good, and i consider 25-60 average

Keith7
03-03-2003, 08:16 PM
PPHSfan:

Keith7:
PPHSfan, Did Josh Leblanc start lastyear? cuz i was thinking Joe Calhoun did, and Josh Leblanc played running back and split some time at QB.. am I wrong?Keith,

Calhoun and LeBlanc split quite a bit last year. LeBlanc just didn't get any time in at QB in the Gainesville game. Calhoun graduated and LeBlanc was a Junior. Another reason LeBlanc played so much tailback was due to the loss of Salas in the Bridgeport game. LeBlanc has 4.4 speed and had to take up the slack. He should do real well this year as the starting QB because he is always a threat to break one open around the corner.After thinkin about this I realized who he was.. and I remember our Defensive cordinator saying if he was ever in the game at QB it was always going to be a bootleg 100% of the time.. he must have been fast

PPHSfan
03-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Keith,

With 4.4 speed he still is a little fast. Its gonna be a fun year. I am looking forward to the mighty leopards visiting our little town this year. :D