PDA

View Full Version : Which team do you think is most underranked right now?

big daddy russ
09-20-2006, 09:26 PM
NO HOMER VOTES!!! Just other teams you've seen/heard about.

I've heard a lot about Decatur, Canyon, Prosper, Emory Rains, Cameron Yoe (they've fallen off the map a little since losing to Gatesville), and Rio Hondo. Those are my sleepers right now. I also think Wimberley will be a force before it's all said and done, and that their loss to Giddings will be a distant memory when the playoffs start.

The team I'm not giving up on is Bandera. Sure, they've had a few losses, but they'll gel before it's all said and done and give some teams a hard time.

sweetwater07
09-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Gilmer is underrated!!!!!....:D

shankbear
09-20-2006, 09:50 PM
none

kaorder1999
09-20-2006, 09:50 PM
brownsboro

DukeNukem
09-20-2006, 10:03 PM
greenwood. they will be under the radar alot like monahans last year.

mustang04
09-20-2006, 11:01 PM
decatur is good...not the team of 2 years ago, but still very good!

only thing is the sweetwater/decatur game is deceiving....

DU_stud04
09-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Gilmer is underrated!!!!!....:D

agreed:D

Stownhorse
09-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

Agreed:devil:

kepdawg
09-20-2006, 11:22 PM

What's deceiving about it?

Stownhorse
09-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What's deceiving about it?

That didnt take long

kepdawg
09-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
That didnt take long

:confused:

Stownhorse
09-20-2006, 11:29 PM
:confused:

for you to hit on that

kepdawg
09-20-2006, 11:31 PM
for you to hit on that

Sweetwater didn't do what was needed to win.

Decatur did what was needed to win.

What's the deceiving part?

Stownhorse
09-20-2006, 11:32 PM

just an off night..plain and simple

PPHSfan
09-20-2006, 11:33 PM

The score.

Decatur should have won by 30 :D

DU_stud04
09-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
The score.

Decatur should have won by 30 :D

:tongue: :evil:

kepdawg
09-20-2006, 11:34 PM
just an off night..plain and simple

That's what I thought.

Good thing it happened sooner than later. I like Sweetwater and hope they go far! Do you know if they will be D1 or D2?

Tres Lobos
09-20-2006, 11:37 PM
I think greenwood is the sleeper, they have a great athlete at quarterback, and have some very good atheletes at other positions

Stownhorse
09-20-2006, 11:37 PM
That's what I thought.

Good thing it happened sooner than later. I like Sweetwater and hope they go far! Do you know if they will be D1 or D2?

D2 if wylie makes the playoffs D1 otherwise....more than likely D2 though

mustang04
09-20-2006, 11:40 PM
That's what I thought.

D2 if wylie makes playoffs

what is deceiving about the score is when you look at 40-26, you think, someones offense wasnt able to score as much (usually)...but sweetwater's offense didnt even see the field that much..thats the thing....when you look at 26-40...is "pooch kicks" seriously trhe first thing to pop into your head? not likely

not i'm not saying decatur didnt deserve to win, cuz they did...all i'm sayin you can't base sweetwater's offense on a game like that!

its like in 2003 when we played Vernon first game of the season....they got the ball first, our defense stopped them, they punted to us, and we fumbled the punt return..then they scored a little bit later...then right before they were about to kickoff to us, we had to go in cuz of lightning...so the score was 7-0 them...and everyone was like 'vernon kept sweetwater's offense 'scoreless'' which wasn't true cuz our O didnt even step on the field...get my point???

AggieJohn
09-21-2006, 12:18 AM
ingleside.....

injuredinmelee
09-21-2006, 05:25 AM
Canyon is underrated. The only thing I worry about is that when they beat Sweetwater everyone will think Sweetwater was overrated since they already have one loss and wont get the credit they deserve.

big daddy russ
09-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Canyon is underrated. The only thing I worry about is that when they beat Sweetwater everyone will think Sweetwater was overrated since they already have one loss and wont get the credit they deserve.
I'd rather be overlooked than overrated. ;)

Pudlugger
09-21-2006, 08:32 AM
I don't beleive La Grange is currently underrated. They are ranked 40 by the Massey Poll which is based on a mathematical model taking into consideration scores, offense, defense, and strength of schedule. Condidering that 96 teams go to the playoffs in two divisions, that puts them in the middle of the pack of playoff caliber teams at this point in the schedule. Right now the Leps are 3-0 and are improving each week. They have a ways to go to compete with the district heavyweights Giddings, Bellville and Caldwell. However, I do believe they will improve over the next three weeks and will win at least one of the three big district games for a playoff spot. Go Leps!:)

Tiger Baseball
09-21-2006, 08:43 AM
D2 if wylie makes playoffs

what is deceiving about the score is when you look at 40-26, you think, someones offense wasnt able to score as much (usually)...but sweetwater's offense didnt even see the field that much..thats the thing....when you look at 26-40...is "pooch kicks" seriously trhe first thing to pop into your head? not likely

not i'm not saying decatur didnt deserve to win, cuz they did...all i'm sayin you can't base sweetwater's offense on a game like that!

its like in 2003 when we played Vernon first game of the season....they got the ball first, our defense stopped them, they punted to us, and we fumbled the punt return..then they scored a little bit later...then right before they were about to kickoff to us, we had to go in cuz of lightning...so the score was 7-0 them...and everyone was like 'vernon kept sweetwater's offense 'scoreless'' which wasn't true cuz our O didnt even step on the field...get my point???

:confused: Was there a lightning storm in Brownwood...:D

CenTexSports
09-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Argyle

vet93
09-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Greenwood...They have an offensive line that can mash you and that....more than the skill people is what makes Greenwood tough...much like Monahans last year.

eagles_victory
09-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
brownsboro they lost to westwood a team whos been in the playoffs twice in there history unless they had some injuries i dont think there underrated. I say China Spring there 3-0 and arent getting much talk

99IHSMustang
09-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
ingleside.....

Hey John, I keep noticing that you seem to be pretty sure that Ingleside will be a big suprise this year. Have you seen them play a game?

Send_the_House
09-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Argyle

This man speaks the truth...