PDA

View Full Version : Still to do (for those who care)

CalallenWildcat
09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
study for English, do Euro essay, do Stats Take-Home Section of Test 2...

all while the biggest concert in Corpus history is occurring downtown.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carter08
09-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Who's playing?

CalallenWildcat
09-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Who's playing?

Shakira.

I'm not a big fan but I did get offered tickets earlier...had to turn them down though. I would have gone had I not had so much homework...if only for it being something to do in this otherwise monotone area.

CalallenWildcat
09-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh and I also need to get a GOOD start on my stats project.

And I do need to eat.

carter08
09-20-2006, 07:43 PM
I need to start my book review for my college history class

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
study for English, do Euro essay, do Stats Take-Home Section of Test 2...

all while the biggest concert in Corpus history is occurring downtown.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uh...Shakira is the biggest concert in Corpus history??? Gee, that's just sad! :(But good luck on all your homework!!!!! :D

CalallenWildcat
09-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Uh...Shakira is the biggest concert in Corpus history??? Gee, that's just sad! :(But good luck on all your homework!!!!! :D

Ok...recent Corpus history.

Elvis was probably bigger when he came to town back in the day.

Boosty_Hondo
09-20-2006, 08:05 PM
I dunno the Texas backroads was a pretty good concert with Kevin Fowler and Cross Canadian Ragweed it was alot of fun

SintonFan
09-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Uh...Shakira is the biggest concert in Corpus history??? Gee, that's just sad! :(But good luck on all your homework!!!!! :D
It is for those who are still "hormonally challenged".;)
I'd say Cher singing in CC was probably the biggest recently.:eek:

CalallenWildcat
09-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
It is for those who are still "hormonally challenged".;)
I'd say Cher singing in CC was probably the biggest recently.:eek:

Who goes to see Cher? She was washed up 10 years ago. That being said, I did go see Willie Nelson a few years back.

My favorites are the Texas Music concerts...but not too many people share my assessment of that.

I dunno the Texas backroads was a pretty good concert with Kevin Fowler and Cross Canadian Ragweed it was alot of fun

I missed that one :(

Boosty_Hondo
09-20-2006, 08:17 PM
you missed out on a great one i would go to see shakira just cause she is gorgeous though lol

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2006, 08:17 PM

My favorites are the Texas Music concerts..

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
09-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Who goes to see Cher? She was washed up 10 years ago. That being said, I did go see Willie Nelson a few years back.

Cher passed up San Antonio and Houston to play in the new AB center. So ya it was a big thing.:p

carter08
09-20-2006, 08:33 PM
just finished my history:D

Boosty_Hondo
09-20-2006, 08:43 PM
i have to organize a portfolio and write a 5 page essay over it tonight YAY

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Cher passed up San Antonio and Houston to play in the new AB center. So ya it was a big thing.:p Awww.....you really do need to get out some...... :rolleyes: :p

big daddy russ
09-20-2006, 08:50 PM
My favorites are the Texas Music concerts...but not too many people share my assessment of that.
It'll change when you get into college. (Or are you already a college student?) I know all my buddies over at A&M-CC always went when I was still down there. Maybe you can get some of your buddies into it. ;)

SintonFan
09-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Awww.....you really do need to get out some...... :rolleyes: :p
I didn't say I wanted to see her. But some of my family really did want to. And BTW when are we ever gonna be invited to your ranch out there for fuzzy navels and snacks. Heck I could bring the swimming pool and we all could lounge by the water drinking and socializing.
Then I could say I got out more.:p :inlove: :D

CalallenWildcat
09-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It'll change when you get into college. (Or are you already a college student?) I know all my buddies over at A&M-CC always went when I was still down there. Maybe you can get some of your buddies into it. ;)

I'm a senior in high school...and I know about 5 others who regularly go to the Texas Music concerts. It's just not a big thing in high school right now.

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2006, 09:19 PM
But did you start on your college apps yet? :D

CalallenWildcat
09-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
But did you start on your college apps yet? :D

No...and that isn't happening this week...got a good start on my stats project...now on to other homework...actually I might take a short break

CalallenWildcat
09-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Still to do...

study for English and do Euro essay

big daddy russ
09-21-2006, 12:00 AM
...if only for it being something to do in this otherwise monotone area.
Man, I'd kill to be where you are right now. When I decided that I was going to go back to college, the first thing I did was look for schools as far away from Corpus as I could find. I got into waaaay too much trouble down there.

There's always something to do down there, it just depends on whether or not you have the right (or wrong :devil: ) friends to do it with.

AFTER I graduate, I'm definitely moving back. I miss it too much. After living in College Station, Huntsville, and hanging out in Houston a little too much, Corpus is good for the soul. I can't wait.

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Man, I'd kill to be where you are right now. When I decided that I was going to go back to college, the first thing I did was look for schools as far away from Corpus as I could find. I got into waaaay too much trouble down there.

There's always something to do down there, it just depends on whether or not you have the right (or wrong :devil: ) friends to do it with.

AFTER I graduate, I'm definitely moving back. I miss it too much. After living in College Station, Huntsville, and hanging out in Houston a little too much, Corpus is good for the soul. I can't wait. Being "home" is always good for the soul!!!! :)

AggieJohn
09-21-2006, 12:13 AM

AFTER I graduate, I'm definitely moving back. I miss it too much. After living in College Station, Huntsville, and hanging out in Houston a little too much, Corpus is good for the soul. I can't wait. cool, maybe we can hook back up when you get back

big daddy russ
09-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
cool, maybe we can hook back up when you get back
I'll bring the roses, you bring the wine.

big daddy russ
09-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Being "home" is always good for the soul!!!! :)
Not just being home, being around the things I like to do. ;) It's boring up here.

AggieJohn
09-21-2006, 12:17 AM
I'll bring the roses, you bring the wine. as long as we can walk near the Selena statue then it's a date

big daddy russ
09-21-2006, 12:20 AM
as long as we can walk near the Selena statue then it's a date
We'll play the Kumbia Kings while we're at it. Nothing better than walking by the statue of Selena while her brother seranades us with his smooth vocals.

SintonFan
09-21-2006, 12:21 AM
as long as we can walk near the Selena statue then it's a date
Isn't that the hot-spot for folks to propose marriage?:nerd: