PDA

View Full Version : West Texas Rankings San Angelo Standard Times

WTF-82
09-20-2006, 02:31 PM
West Texas Class 3-A rankings San Angelo Standard Times
Includes teams from the standard times circulation area and teams in their districts.

1. Monahans 2-0
2. Clint 3-0
3. Ft. Stockton 3-0
4. Sweetwater 2-1
5. Greenwood 3-0

Team To Watch-Abilene Wylie

Top Matchup- Snyder at Amarillo Palo Duro. Snyder has had a rough time early in the season and looks to get its first win against Class 4-A Palo Duro.

My opinion this shows the media coverage is after pretty records there is no way my opinion Ft. Stockton is better than a Snyder or Sweetwater and Wyle. My west texas top 5 Sweetwater,Monahans,Wylie,Greenwood ,Snyder in what order we will find out soon. Clint I dont know anything about them.

WTF-82
09-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Snyder is winless but I dont count them out they are a tough team and will be better come playoff time. There young offense will come around maybe this week and defensivly they need to get better but I think Coach Rogers will have them ready.

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah...mine would look like this:

1. Sweetwater/Monahans/Greenwood
2. Sweetwater/Monahans/Greenwood
3. Sweetwater/Monahans/Greenwood
4. Wylie/Snyder
5. Wylie/Snyder

Clint, Ft Stockton, etc would get waxed by any of the above 5 teams...

mustang04
09-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ***-82

1. Monahans 2-0
2. Clint 3-0
3. Ft. Stockton 3-0
4. Sweetwater 2-1
5. Greenwood 3-0

they have to be going off records....there is NOOO WAAYYY ft. stockton would have a chance lol, and clint?!?! monahans...they are questionable..they are good, but i dunno if they are the best

vet93
09-20-2006, 02:46 PM
The Standard times rankings have never been good. They look at records only...doesn't matter who has played a tough schedule or not. Clint shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as these other teams. I think that Greenwood is better than many people think. I would rank them: 1) Sweetwater 2) Monahans 3) Greenwood 4)Abilene Wylie and 5) Snyder

Originally posted by ***-82
West Texas Class 3-A rankings San Angelo Standard Times
Includes teams from the standard times circulation area and teams in their districts.

1. Monahans 2-0
2. Clint 3-0
3. Ft. Stockton 3-0
4. Sweetwater 2-1
5. Greenwood 3-0

Team To Watch-Abilene Wylie

Top Matchup- Snyder at Amarillo Palo Duro. Snyder has had a rough time early in the season and looks to get its first win against Class 4-A Palo Duro.

My opinion this shows the media coverage is after pretty records there is no way my opinion Ft. Stockton is better than a Snyder or Sweetwater and Wyle. My west texas top 5 Sweetwater,Monahans,Wylie,Greenwood ,Snyder in what order we will find out soon. Clint I dont know anything about them.

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by vet93
The Standard times rankings have never been good. They look at records only...doesn't matter who has played a tough schedule or not. Clint shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as these other teams. I think that Greenwood is better than many people think. I would rank them: 1) Sweetwater 2) Monahans 3) Greenwood 4)Abilene Wylie and 5) Snyder

Bright minds think alike! ;)

DukeNukem
09-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
they have to be going off records....there is NOOO WAAYYY ft. stockton would have a chance lol, and clint?!?! monahans...they are questionable..they are good, but i dunno if they are the best

they sell more san angelo papers in stockton than greenwood and snyder. not sure what they are thinking on clint.

should go

1. greenwood - wilbur is a good athlete but washington is even better
2. monahans - would be sweetwater had they not lost
3. sweetwater
4. snyder is better than 0-3
5. the rest are just pretenders that are building nice records against low level opponents

SWMustang
09-20-2006, 03:34 PM
they don't call it the "sub" standard times for nothing.

GWOOD
09-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem

1. greenwood - wilbur is a good athlete bt washington is even better

I wouldn't go that far. Washington has done an incredible job at QB this year. But don't forget that Wilber was Offensive Player of the Year for 3-3A last year as a sophomore.

I just keep wondering what it would be like to have both of them playing this year.

SideBurnWillie
09-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Anthony is going to kick Clint's butt. Ha Kinda sounds funny, is there anybody on this board named Anthony or Clint. :doh:

Ranger Mom
09-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
Anthony is going to kick Clint's butt. Ha Kinda sounds funny, is there anybody on this board named Anthony or Clint. :doh:

Both!!!! :D

SideBurnWillie
09-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Both!!!! :D

Welp all the Clint's out there better watch out and don't turn your back on all the Anthony's out there. :D

SideBurnWillie
09-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Where is that darn SIG RM? Alright somebody is messin with me, your sig was not there a second ago.:confused:

Ranger Mom
09-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
Where is that darn SIG RM? Alright somebody is messin with me, your sig was not there a second ago.:confused:

Umm...okay!! :thinking: :crazy:

SideBurnWillie
09-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Umm...okay!! :thinking: :crazy:

OK I asked for it, I'm crazy. :crazy1:

DukeNukem
09-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
I wouldn't go that far. Washington has done an incredible job at QB this year. But don't forget that Wilber was Offensive Player of the Year for 3-3A last year as a sophomore.

I just keep wondering what it would be like to have both of them playing this year.

not trying to knock wilber in anyway. the boy is a player. he would be nice to have in that backfield but to me he is a runner and not passer. washington can be both.

Funk-d-fied
09-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Another thing to consider is that Fort Stockotn played Lake View in San Angelo earlier this year so the Standard Times got to see them live, they get to see Greenwood this friday. That may have influenced the votes. Stockton is really young, most leaders are juniors. Clint is a joke, there ranked 18th strongest school in the el paso region according to the el paso rankings.

WTF-82
09-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I watched the Lakeview, Stockton game I saw a weak Lakeview outplay Stockton in the second half I can not say dominate the second half because Stockton still won the game and did score in the second half I will say Stockton does have a good QB.