PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for my Girlfriend

99IHSMustang
09-20-2006, 08:16 AM
My girlfriend, Brandy, was in a car accident about six weeks ago and her back has been hurting ever since. The other night she asked me if my mom was the type of person that prays often and I told her yes. She told me to tell my mother to pray for her. Brandy is one tough cookie so when she asked me this I knew she is going through some severe pain. She is way too young to be having this problem. I couldn’t ask to be with a better lady than her. She likes football, fishing, traveling, and best of all working on muscle cars, which is currently her career path. She is one of a kind. I think we all know that the back is a sensitive area and sometimes when it is damaged there is never a full recovery. She has been going to the Ingleside games for the last three years with me and I am afraid she may not be able to here very soon. Sitting on the bleachers for long periods of time really takes a toll on her back. I would like to ask those of you who pray to say a prayer for her in the hopes that a miracle can be delivered and her problems do not worsen. In advance thanks everyone.

44INAROW
09-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Will do :) Has she been to the doctor for this?

99IHSMustang
09-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Will do :) Has she been to the doctor for this?

Yep and she has a lawyer for this too.. :D
I tell you what though Insurance companies are the devil. They covered all of the doctor bills, but now that she may be receiving a settlement from the other persons Insurance they want to collect the money that they paid. Isn't that stupid. You pay insurance companies so they can just screw you in the end. :mad:

Phil C
09-20-2006, 09:42 AM
I will pray for your girlfriend's complete recovery and hope she can come to the Ingleside vs Sinton Game.

BMOC
09-20-2006, 09:45 AM
We will pray for her as well.

CHS_CG
09-20-2006, 09:48 AM
My prayers are headed your way. I do hope she recovers from this.

luvhoops34
09-20-2006, 10:06 AM
I'll pray for her back to get better and to realize that she needs to go to a chiropractor!

Blastoderm55
09-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Tell her to try yoga. :( Sorry, that's the best idea I could come up with. I hope she recovers quickly, bud. Best wishes.

ftrmustangmom
09-20-2006, 10:38 AM
We will be praying for her. Has she seen a pain management Dr. yet? My husband has severe back pain and just had a pain/blocker stimulator implanted. Here is a link to information on the pain blocker it is a wonderful invention and has worked wonders on my husbands back pain. http://www.medtronic.com/neuro/paintherapies/pain_treatment_ladder/neurostimulation/neuro_neurostimulation.html

Stownhorse
09-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Yep and she has a lawyer for this too.. :D
I tell you what though Insurance companies are the devil. They covered all of the doctor bills, but now that she may be receiving a settlement from the other persons Insurance they want to collect the money that they paid. Isn't that stupid. You pay insurance companies so they can just screw you in the end. :mad:

That aint no lie...I had a wreck in june of 05, screwed my right arm up beyond belief, cut it all the way down to the bone above my right elbow all the way around cut everything possible....That is the reason im not out on the field on friday nights because of major nerve damage and I wasnt even the driver...and my my right arm is worth about 120,000 dollars now....and you wanna know how much we got from insurance?.....we got around 30,000 back and we had to go to court for every penny of it...insurance companies are overrated no matter what company they are....but I'll keep her in my prayers and her families wallet's as well hope everything is fine with her

99IHSMustang
09-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ftrmustangmom
We will be praying for her. Has she seen a pain management Dr. yet? My husband has severe back pain and just had a pain/blocker stimulator implanted. Here is a link to information on the pain blocker it is a wonderful invention and has worked wonders on my husbands back pain. http://www.medtronic.com/neuro/paintherapies/pain_treatment_ladder/neurostimulation/neuro_neurostimulation.html

She has seen a doctor several times but I am not sure if he specializes in pain management.

99IHSMustang
09-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I'll pray for her back to get better and to realize that she needs to go to a chiropractor!

She brought that up to the doctor, but he wanted her to wait becuase they weren't 100% sure of the seriousness of the injury and they were afraid that could aggravete or make the injury worse.

justlikesports
09-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Prayers from here in Monahans.

SideBurnWillie
09-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Prayers from way out west. Back pain is the worst. My better half deals with it all the time. You can always tell when she has taken her pill, she gets a little goofy. :crazy1:

luvhoops34
09-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
She brought that up to the doctor, but he wanted her to wait becuase they weren't 100% sure of the seriousness of the injury and they were afraid that could aggravete or make the injury worse.

Ah, I hate to tell you this, but DOCTORS DON'T LIKE CHIROPRACTORS. Find a good Chiropractor, they will x-ray her and fix her problem. If they don't do x-rays, then DON'T go to them.

SintonFan
09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
We will pray for her.

jlwzz
09-20-2006, 06:34 PM
You got it, ill see if this old preachers son can put the right one together and make that happen.

best wishes, i really hope things get better

Fish's mom
09-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Prayers to her feeling better soon.