PDA

View Full Version : Info on Iowa Park

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Any info on IP's game?

VWG
09-01-2003, 09:12 PM
If I am not mistaken, I read where they beat Mineral Wells (4A) 27-7. As far as I could tell, it appears their defense was strong. Held MW down for most of the game. Mineral Wells is a small 4A school and unfortunately for some reason can never get a good team on the field.
So, was Iowa Park that good, or MW just plain bad again? Iowa Park has to reload in some areas, but they sure started out with a good game against the Rams.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-01-2003, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the update. I think that the district will come down to Graham, Iowa Park, and Vernon again this year. I feel that all three teams will be evenly matched this year. Closer than any other year. If only IP and Vernon can get over that Mojo that Graham has on them both!

VWG
09-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
Thanks for the update. I think that the district will come down to Graham, Iowa Park, and Vernon again this year. I feel that all three teams will be evenly matched this year. Closer than any other year. If only IP and Vernon can get over that Mojo that Graham has on them both!I don't know if it's any "mojo", but Graham has had success the past 4 years against district foes. People don't realize that Vernon used to have a tremendous program when Leo was coaching.
I would like to see the Lions regain some statewide recognition like they once had, and all it takes is going deep in the playoffs. Good luck to the Vernon crew this year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-02-2003, 01:53 PM
VWG:

Z motion 10 out on 2:
Thanks for the update. I think that the district will come down to Graham, Iowa Park, and Vernon again this year. I feel that all three teams will be evenly matched this year. Closer than any other year. If only IP and Vernon can get over that Mojo that Graham has on them both!I don't know if it's any "mojo", but Graham has had success the past 4 years against district foes. People don't realize that Vernon used to have a tremendous program when Leo was coaching.
I would like to see the Lions regain some statewide recognition like they once had, and all it takes is going deep in the playoffs. Good luck to the Vernon crew this year.Well thanks, my son is a senior this year and I of course I'll be pulling for them to do well. Graham is very well coached and I think it runs in the blood if you will. No matter the athletes good coaching goes a long way. Vernon has had trouble stopping the veer over the past few years so it will be interesting to see how their new defensive allignment will work. I know that when my son was a JV player (2years ago) Vernon's JV beat Graham by 6 points and lost to Iowa Park by 7. So it should be a great year for all three teams. Vernon's game with Sweetwater was called before Sweetwater even got the ball. But Vernon did have a nice long run on them and Sweetwater's Defense had a lot of speed and a lot of returners from last seasons' run but hey one series I really just can't say. I think it would have been a good game had they got a chance to play. So the Graham - Sweetwater game should be good as well.