PDA

View Full Version : Bellville (2-1) vs Houston Christian (2-1)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Bellville will try to get back on track with a win in Houston friday night, vs Mike Johnson's (Katy High) new team, Houston Christian. Coach Johnson has a running back T. Weaver that is 3rd in the area in rushing, a receiver that is 9th, and a offense getting on the avg. 368 yards a game.
Bellville did not look good vs 4a Barbers Hill last week, the bright spot was Bellvilles Defense, only giving up 200 yards per game, mostly on passing. Bellville has shown it can stop the run.
This game will be played at Strake Jesuit friday night. Give insight and prediction.

Bull's-eye
09-19-2006, 10:44 PM
2A East Bernard defeated HC in the first game of the season.

What's the word on the injuries and the QB situation?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know why the head coach and AD of a program such as Katy that just won State the year before Mike Johnson left, Why he would leave Katy?

Bull19
09-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Does anyone know why the head coach and AD of a program such as Katy that just won State the year before Mike Johnson left, Why he would leave Katy?

THE ONLY CONCLUSION I CAN DRAW IS THAT HE WAS SICK AND TIRED OF WINNING AND HE WANTED TO TAKE ON A NEW CHALLENGE AT A NEW PROGRAMM. MAYBE HE WANTED TO SEE IF HE COULD STILL WIN WITH AVERAGE ATHLETES

Bull19
09-20-2006, 04:12 PM
I SEE BELLVILLE COMING OUT WITH ALOT OF INTENSITY AND REALY TURN IT AROUND AFTER LAST WEEKS LOSS. I BELIEVE THEY WILL START INCORPORATING THE SHORT PASSING GAME WITH A FEW MORE SCREENS TO GET O'CONNERS CONFIDENCE UP AFTER A BAD GAME AT QB LAST WEEK. ALSO KEEP AN EYE ON #33. LOOK FOR HIM TO HAVE A BIG GAME RUNNING THE BALL AFTER SHOWING HE CAN POUND IT INSIDE. ESPECIALLY SINCE COOPER LOOKED TO HAVE INJURED HIS LEG(NOT SURE HOW SERIOUS THOUGH) WE KNOW HOW THE BRAHMAS LOVE RUNNING IT UP THE MIDDLE SO I THINK ABBS IS GOING TO BECOME A BIG PART OF THE OFFENSE.

EXPECT THE SAME OUT OF THE DEFENSE AS WE'VE SEEN THE PAST FEW GAMES----TOTAL DOMINANCE

big daddy russ
09-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Amanda (my girlfriend) used to live right behind Houston Christian. Her best friend graduated from HS there as Johnston got there. The word was that he was actually doing it because of his beliefs. The public school system was getting too PC, morals severely declining. He pooled together with one of his old buddies, Oscar Cripps, the retired coach from Houston Sharpstown, to go to a private Christian school and make a difference in those kids' lives.

This isn't gospel, just fourth-hand info, so take it with a grain of salt, but it seems like as good a reason as any I've heard. Lord knows he took a pay cut, and if he was after money he could've gone just about anywhere he wanted and asked for whatever he wanted.

BrahmaMom
09-21-2006, 09:12 AM
If true, I admire him. Passing thought: I think the loss was good for Bellville last week, though the injuries certainly weren't. If we aren't too hampered by injuries, Bellville will bounce back stronger than ever. I wonder if they still have to run a 40 for every point scored against them-does anyone know?

Bull19
09-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
If true, I admire him. Passing thought: I think the loss was good for Bellville last week, though the injuries certainly weren't. If we aren't too hampered by injuries, Bellville will bounce back stronger than ever. I wonder if they still have to run a 40 for every point scored against them-does anyone know?

YES THEY STILL RUN FOR HOWEVER MANY POINTS SCORED. ALSO THEY RUN IF OUR OFFENSE DOESNT MEET THEIR QUOTA IN POINTS WHICH IF I REMEBER CORRECTLY IS EITHER 35 OR 28

Bull's-eye
09-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Just heard that #28 Cooper may be out for the year.

BrahmaMom
09-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Poor kid. I pray not, but it doesn't sound good. However, the Bulls have done well despite injuries in the past. One man does not a TEAM make. I still empathize with him and his family if that is the case. Been there, done that. Go Bulls!

tigerpride_08
09-21-2006, 05:42 PM
if a 2A team beat houston christian then i would expect a blowout...

rhs78
09-21-2006, 06:30 PM
East Bernard won 27-14. Brahmas win in a blowout.