Beat Henderson 34-6

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
PALESTINE
Beat Hallsville 28-27
Beat Kaufman 41-13
Beat Henderson 34-6

Never heard of any of those teams, including the top one.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Never heard of any of those teams, including the top one.
You should get out more. ;) Both Hallsville and Henderson are 4A.

99IHSMustang
09-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Ingleside:

Victories over (4A)Tuloso Midway 52-7 and (4A)Corpus Christi Miller 37-7

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You should get out more. ;) Both Hallsville and Henderson are 4A.

well I've heard of Hallsville and kaufman lol

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Ingleside:

Now Ive seriously never heard of those teams

bobcat1
09-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Celina

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Celina

That one either....lol

Bullaholic
09-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Ingleside:

99' I'm going to jump in here and say that I hope Ingleside can keep winning---maybe knock off a good team or two and get some "love"---I know they always have to "fight" for respect.

Bullaholic
09-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Celina

The whole galaxy knows about them every year....

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Decatur
Argyle
Midland Greenwood
Breckenridge
Canyon
Liberty Hill

Who else?

Does anyone know Breckenridges schedule?

wordonthastreet
09-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Monahans. Victories over Snyder and always tough Midland Christian. Twelve game regular season win streak and counting. Thats the word on the street.

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by wordonthastreet
Monahans. Victories over Snyder and always tough Midland Christian. Twelve game regular season win streak and counting. Thats the word on the street.

Monahans and Greenwood are gunna be tough!

BreckTxLonghorn
09-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Don't know if you can say Breck is on the rise just yet (coming from a homer). The jury is still out. After their win last week they dropped in the Harris polls.

They beat an apparently not-as-good-as-advertised Bridgeport (don't know the story on them), then struggled but put away handily 2a Jim Ned. Bangs they beat 7-0, and that was as ugly as it sounds. First drive of the game was the TD, then nothing else. The true test comes in the next two weeks as they take on WF Hirschi (undefeated, loaded with talent but who knows about discipline) and Midland Christian (private school, always a contender).

The defense has looked good--a shutout is a shutout-- but the offense is still looking to find its rhythm with Vick at QB. If you remember Vick from last year, he played RB and was a change of pace QB every once in a while. He's a great athlete, and can run like the wind, but he's got more of the RB mindset. I don't think he wants to play QB as much as he's doing it to help the team.

I still think they're gonna be pretty salty come district, but it's going to be a tough district.

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Don't know if you can say Breck is on the rise just yet (coming from a homer). The jury is still out. After their win last week they dropped in the Harris polls.

They beat an apparently not-as-good-as-advertised Bridgeport (don't know the story on them), then struggled but put away handily 2a Jim Ned. Bangs they beat 7-0, and that was as ugly as it sounds. First drive of the game was the TD, then nothing else. The true test comes in the next two weeks as they take on WF Hirschi (undefeated, loaded with talent but who knows about discipline) and Midland Christian (private school, always a contender).

The defense has looked good--a shutout is a shutout-- but the offense is still looking to find its rhythm with Vick at QB. If you remember Vick from last year, he played RB and was a change of pace QB every once in a while. He's a great athlete, and can run like the wind, but he's got more of the RB mindset. I don't think he wants to play QB as much as he's doing it to help the team.

I still think they're gonna be pretty salty come district, but it's going to be a tough district.

Breckenridge has a good strong line on both sides of the ball but I just dont think they have the speed

Bullaholic
09-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Breckenridge has a good strong line on both sides of the ball but I just dont think they have the speed

The Bulls know that Breck has plenty of speed, especially with Vick---not blazing straight-line speed, but some of the fastest "feet" in 3A. Their "D" killed the Bulls with their speed on the outside rushes. Vick sort of reminds me of Michael Carillo of Sweetwater a few years ago.

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Vick sort of reminds me of Michael Carillo of Sweetwater a few years ago.

Thats a bold statement....and I really didnt see much speed from them when they played Jim Ned in "The Bowl"

Cameron Crazy
09-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Hirschi is 3-0!!

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Hirschi is 3-0!!

true story

mustang04
09-19-2006, 10:10 PM
The Bulls know that Breck has plenty of speed, especially with Vick---not blazing straight-line speed, but some of the fastest "feet" in 3A. Their "D" killed the Bulls with their speed on the outside rushes. Vick sort of reminds me of Michael Carillo of Sweetwater a few years ago.

Michael carillo was on a level of his own when it came to how well one can manuever....he was ridiculously good

sweetwater07
09-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Celina

i'm just sitting back in the dark waiting for Celina to lose and everyone to see that they are waaaaay overrated in 3A

Bullaholic
09-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
Michael carillo was on a level of his own when it came to how well one can manuever....he was ridiculously good

I saw Carillo a couple of times, and saw Vick twice last season and once this season. I think Vick is as elusive as Carillo was.

kepdawg
09-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'm just sitting back in the dark waiting for Celina to lose and everyone to see that they are waaaaay overrated in 3A

Keep waiting because it will probably be a couple of months before they lose.

FYI: I do think they are rated too highly by many right now. I have them in the 18-20 range.

Bullaholic
09-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Keep waiting because it will probably be a couple of months before they lose.

FYI: I do think they are rated too highly by many right now. I have them in the 18-20 range.

kep...I think Prosper will give Celina a lot better game than many think in District.

PHS Wildcats
09-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
PALESTINE
Beat Hallsville 28-27
Beat Kaufman 41-13
Beat Henderson 34-6

I'm suprised that you consider us as a team on the rise. I don't think we are Gilmer good. I think that we are still a work in progress. If our offense can get going in the 1st half like we do in the 2nd half we are going to be very dangerous. I defense is awesome.

1st half scoring PHS 18 Opp 41 (28 Hallsville, 13 Kaufman)
2nd half scoring PHS 75 Opp 6

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I saw Carillo a couple of times, and saw Vick twice last season and once this season. I think Vick is as elusive as Carillo was.

IMO he didnt do a Carillo type performance on Jim Ned and Jim Ned held their own in the first half but they still had Brecks running game in check....

mustang04
09-19-2006, 11:46 PM

haha, what games did u see???

cuz i can name certain games where he did things i have yet to see any other player do

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 11:48 PM
haha, what games did u see???

cuz i can name certain games where he did things i have yet to see any other player do

that aint no lie:devil:

kepdawg
09-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Come on Bull! You know that nobody can be as elusive as Carillo was! :rolleyes:

Boosty_Hondo
09-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Hondo is 3-0 with wins over

Holy Cross
Bandera
Marion

i dont know the scores exactly but the only close game was bandera

bobcat1
09-20-2006, 05:15 AM
kep...I think Prosper will give Celina a lot better game than many think in District.

Yea, we aren't very good. We are just lucky. You know "Rock City" may even give Decatur a good game in the Battle of Big Sandy this year.

Keep waiting because it will probably be a couple of months before they lose. FYI: I do think they are rated too highly by many right now. I have them in the 18-20 range.

Maybe we are rated to high, maybe too low. Rankings mean Jack! What does matter are the results. Celina always seems to get results. Great coaching makes a lot of difference. Watching Celina is like watching a Swiss clock work. Defense is really starting to gel and offense is getting there too. Time will tell.

Send_the_House
09-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Look out for Argyle... Seriously...

mustang04
09-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Come on Bull! You know that nobody can be as elusive as Carillo was! :rolleyes:

did you ever see the kid??? if not than i dont think you have any room for commentary

cdlvj
09-20-2006, 01:23 PM
La Grange 3-0

kepdawg
09-20-2006, 07:06 PM
did you ever see the kid??? if not than i dont think you have any room for commentary

No I did not, but I can assure you I have seen plenty just as elusive.

lostaussie
09-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I'm suprised that you consider us as a team on the rise. I don't think we are Gilmer good. I think that we are still a work in progress. If our offense can get going in the 1st half like we do in the 2nd half we are going to be very dangerous. I defense is awesome.

1st half scoring PHS 18 Opp 41 (28 Hallsville, 13 Kaufman)
2nd half scoring PHS 75 Opp 6 i don't know if you are really on the rise. ya'll were good when the season started. lots of east texas teams turning their heads towards the wildcats. i really don't think there is a lot of statewide respect, but i really feel its coming. good luck to you guys. only way we can play is in the championship. the only team i would rather face is Cuero.

PHS Wildcats
09-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Yea, when the realignment came out, I knew that the only way we could play Gilmer would for the State Title. Region 3 is loaded and who ever comes out will be battle tested. I have a lot of respect for Cuero and would love the chance to be on the same field in the state semis with the Gobblers, but I know alot of teams in region 3 will have a lot to say about that.

But I hope that we continue to fly under the radar in 3A.

mustang04
09-20-2006, 10:59 PM

im not doubting you have....but you are making seem like im saying there's no one anywhere who was elusive as carillo, which wasn't what i was saying...i was pretty much saying out of anyone in this area....ive never seen one, and i've seen alot of other teams besides sweetwater in this part of texas, that could match him

either way...he was a great athlete who i wish you could have seen!

Stownhorse
09-20-2006, 11:09 PM

You cant assure when you havent seen the kid

kepdawg
09-20-2006, 11:11 PM
You cant assure when you havent seen the kid

Yes, I can and I did.

Stownhorse
09-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Yes, I can and I did.

Whoa captain obvious simmer down