PDA

View Full Version : Javorskie Lane

Emerson1
09-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I heard he broke his ankle on the last play where he was stuffed behind the line.

Is this true? I can't find anything about it on the net.

Old Tiger
09-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Interesting...

Bulldog_12
09-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Nice try, but Fran doesnt tell about injuries. He walked away fine from the tackle.

Bull19
09-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I heard he broke his ankle on the last play where he was stuffed behind the line.

Is this true? I can't find anything about it on the net.

I HAVENT HEARD THAT, IF THATS TRUE IT COULD REALLY HAVE A BIG EFFECT.

mrescape43
09-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
I HAVENT HEARD THAT, IF THATS TRUE IT COULD REALLY HAVE A BIG EFFECT.

Probably would just increase the point spread in losses! :devil:

eagles_victory
09-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Is this true? I can't find anything about it on the net. I heard he was at Cici's pizza when it happened. He was going up to get slice number 314 and he slipped on a spilt drink and hurt his ankle is there any truth to that

Pmoney
09-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I heard he was at Cici's pizza when it happened. He was going up to get slice number 314 and he slipped on a spilt drink and hurt his ankle is there any truth to that
almost right it was slice 334:D

AggieJohn
09-19-2006, 07:44 PM
you don't make jokes about javorskie, you are now on his list...

Pmoney
09-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
am I suppose to be scared?:confused:

Bull19
09-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
am I suppose to be scared?:confused:

U SHOULD BE, THERE IS A REASON HE'S A SLIM 300 POUNDS

CHS_CG
09-19-2006, 09:37 PM

arent you the one who spelt his name wrong??:thinking:

Bulldog_12
09-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Jorvorskie

sweetwater07
09-19-2006, 10:07 PM
he is a hoss...i was in ahhh every carry...io say hes the next Jerome Bettis

AggieJohn
09-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
he is a hoss...i was in ahhh every carry...io say hes the next Jerome Bettis could be very true, they asked coach fran today if he wants him to lose some weight, fran said "when he shows a decrease in speed and production, we'll think about it......

WestTXLonghorn
09-20-2006, 04:40 AM
I've got the correct spelling. It is J-A-P-O-R-K-Y "The Gravy Train" Lane. Get it right people!!

g$$
09-20-2006, 06:02 AM
I agree he could lose some weight West TX Horn, but he did go over a hundred yds. rushing last year against your vaunted Horns right (17 - 104 yds. = 6.1 per carry)? So did McGee right (24 - 108 yds. = 4.5 per carry)? Lane even threw a halfback td pass right? And Texas did recruit him too, so don't even go there (Ken Rucker spent a lot of time in Lufkin). And yes, A&M lost the game 40-29 I realize, but the kid held his own as a true freshman against you, so give him credit for being a big man w/ great feet & balance. That game on national tv also cost VY the Heisman (11 - 19 yds. rushing + 162 yds. passing = 181 total yds. w/ 2 turnovers). Special teams mistakes by A&M in the 2nd half swung the ballgame (blocked punt & fumbled punt) & you know it. I give Texas credit for winning the game, being the better team, & going on to the MNC. Are you ever objective? Just wondering because I have yet to see it. You would rather bad-mouth others I guess in an attempt to feel better about yourself.

g$$
09-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Not trying to start a war of words. You seem intelligent & I am sure you were joking. It just seems to me that you always want to put others down in order to promote your school or team (jabs like blowU, sheep, cults, etc.). It comes across as juvenile & sad. How about some objectivity, rational thought, & respect for others? Maybe in time you will understand.

WestTXLonghorn
09-20-2006, 07:05 AM
This user is on your Ignore list.

I don't read what g$$ posts after he sent me a PM riddled with so much hate speech and vulgarity that it made even ME do a double take.

g$$
09-20-2006, 07:12 AM
I read a post from a guy yesterday (LepFan) who asked you to grow up because you were embarrassing all Longhorns. And then you, of course, told him to shut up & leave you alone.

So I will consider the source I guess on this one. Ignore it all you want, but growing up would be a better choice.

KTJ
09-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by g$$
[B] It just seems to me that you always want to put others down in order to promote your school or team

Hmm, doesn't that sound familiar??? A little pot/kettle action there? (Not necessarily you in particular, but in general.)

That game on national tv also cost VY the Heisman (11 - 19 yds. rushing + 162 yds. passing = 181 total yds. w/ 2 turnovers)

I love it when Aggie fans try to claim this. The A&M game didn't cost Vince the Heisman. The USC/Fresno State game did.

Funk-d-fied
09-20-2006, 07:51 AM
If he did I am sure it would be season ending, and the only injuries Fran will discuss is season ending ones, so if he didnt mention it at yesterdays media interview I am sure he is ok.

g$$
09-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Hold on - I have never started a thread downgrading any school, others have for sure. I have responded to inaccurate information. Big difference there. My point has been made on that subject.

2nd, the A&M game last year certainly did NOT help VY's chances one bit for the Heisman. It was easily his worst game of the year, on national tv @ Thanksgiving, & then everyone compared it to Reggie Bush's crazy game vs. Fresno State around the same time in November. Look at VY's numbers in that A&M game above. Many voters have gone on record as saying that decided it for them. If the voting had taken place after the Rose Bowl, then VY wins hands-down. I am going with what the voters actually said after the award was handed out. Don't spin it differently now & try to play revisionist history.

wedo
09-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
I've got the correct spelling. It is J-A-P-O-R-K-Y "The Gravy Train" Lane. Get it right people!!

You have to admitt that was pretty funny!!!!!

He did take a good shot from that DT from army!!! He could be the next "bus" i think!!! If he was in a power running game like they run in pittsburg! Not the spread option!!

KTJ
09-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Hold on - I have never started a thread downgrading any school, others have for sure. I have responded to inaccurate information. Big difference there. My point has been made on that subject.

2nd, the A&M game last year certainly did NOT help VY's chances one bit for the Heisman. It was easily his worst game of the year, on national tv @ Thanksgiving, & then everyone compared it to Reggie Bush's crazy game vs. Fresno State around the same time in November. Look at VY's numbers in that game above. Many voters have gone on record as saying that decided it for them. If the voting had taken place after the Rose Bowl, then VY wins hands-down. I am going with what the voters actually said after the award was handed out. Don't spin it differently now.

I didn't say you, personally, have done that. I said "in general", implying that you school/fans/students/etc "in general" seem to downgrade other schools. (t.u., sips, etc...) And the inaccurate information you've "responded" to is opinion, at best.

And yes, I agree the A&M game didn't help Vince, but it certainly wasn't the game that was his death knell. That game was USC/Fresno State. Voters already had their minds made up after Reggie went Katrina all over the Fresno defense. And I like how you think you're constantly right and people spin information all the time. I'm not spinning anything. To spin this would be for me to say that Vince had the Heisman already wrapped up prior to the A&M game and said game lost it for him. Everyone knows that wasn't the case. Hell, he wasn't even 2nd until after Texas/OU weekend.

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 08:15 AM
could be very true, they asked coach fran today if he wants him to lose some weight, fran said "when he shows a decrease in speed and production, we'll think about it......

production??? HA!!! How about being able to have him run the ball 3 straight plays in a row...and then do it again. He isn't capable of it!

g$$
09-20-2006, 08:24 AM
1st, the childishness goes both ways & all parties are guilty at times. That does not make it right for any school when it crosses the line beyond rivalry & fun.

2nd, are you comparing the end of November to the 1st weekend in October? Check when the USC / Fresno State game was played: November 20th. It was a 2 horse race (Bush & Young) when Texas & A&M played (who cares where VY stood in October?). VY had a poor game vs. A&M a few days later Nov. 26th (still won), after Bush absolutely went off for 500+ total yds. so that is what stuck, the most recent image. Check it out - many voters went on record leading up to the Rose Bowl explaining their vote. They said those 2 games in November made the difference. Heck, I don't vote. Not my fault. He wins hands-down if they vote after the Rose Bowl. It was a combination of both things, but the A&M game was the final nail for VY as it followed Bush's game. Not the other way around. He got the ring in the end anyway.

We all have opinions. Facts are just facts though.

mrescape43
09-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
production??? HA!!! How about being able to have him run the ball 3 straight plays in a row...and then do it again. He isn't capable of it!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by g$$
1st, the childishness goes both ways & all parties are guilty at times. That does not make it right for any school when it crosses the line beyond rivalry & fun.

2nd, are you comparing the end of November to the 1st weekend in October? Check when the USC / Fresno State game was played. It was a 2 horse race (Bush & Young) when Texas / A&M played (who cares where VY stood in October). VY had a poor game vs. A&M (still won), & Bush absolutely went off for 500+ total yds. so that is what stuck, the most recent image. Check it out - many voters went on record leading up to the Rose Bowl explaining their vote. They said that November weekend made the difference. Heck, I don't vote. Not my fault. He wins hands-down if they vote after the Rose Bowl. It was a combination of both things, but the A&M game was the final nail for VY. He got the ring in the end anyway.

and to help you on your fact checking...you will also find that Fresno/USC was played the week BEFORE UT/A&M played. It was pretty common knowledge that the only chance VY had of winning the Heisman would be to go out and have ANOTHER game like what he had against OK State (throw for 237, rush for 269). The A&M game didn't finish off VY's chances. He was done after the USC/Fresno game unless he could come up with a second 500 yard performance. VY's big game was OSU...Bush's was Fresno. Since VY's happened a month before...it wasn't as fresh in people's minds as the Fresno game. The voters didn't really care about the A&M game. Oh...and since you are stating what many of the voters stated, go ahead and provide some backup for your claims.

raider red 2000
09-20-2006, 08:39 AM

i dont like the comparison to the bus- when the bus was at ND- he coudl tote the rock.....if i remember correctly the bus isnt 5'8 280 either.....also.....the bus could run more than about 3 plays in a row.

although- lane does ahve great feet and moves good for being so fat.

me as a fat guy wish i could move like that :)

g$$
09-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Read (again): I said the 2 games were played a few days apart. USC game Nov. 20th, Texas game day after Thanksgiving.

The guys I read & heard who spoke out about it were Kirk Bohls (Austin), 2 Houston writers, some guys on the ESPN show PTI doing a roundtable discussion, & numerous national articles leading up to the Rose Bowl. I am sure you can find it on the web if you're bored. Do you know who wrote every article you've read? The voters can say who they voted for after the award is handed out. Some even said why they voted for VY. Former Heisman winners get a vote too. Some even said they wished they could change their vote after VY's Rose Bowl. It was before & after the game. Look it up.

You obviously don't know how the voting works. It was a national tv game - thus a chance for the East & West Coast writers to see him play again. If you remember, VY carried the South & Midwest. Bush won both coasts. Guess where the most tv sets are & the most national newspapers? East Coast, so heck yeah they cared about the A&M game. It's their job to care.

I agree it would have taken a game similar to Ok State for VY to have a chance. And he had his worst game of the year vs. A&M's 109th ranked defense. Kinda my original point huh? The final nail...on national tv at Thanksgiving vs. a 5-5 team at the time. To listen to you VY should not have even suited up anymore all season & thrown in the towel after Bush's big Fresno game.

Adidas - disappointed a Randy Rogers fan would question facts! Just kidding, but I like his previous 2 cds better than the new one. How about you?

KTJ
09-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$

2nd, are you comparing the end of November to the 1st weekend in October? Check when the USC / Fresno State game was played: November 20th. It was a 2 horse race (Bush & Young) when Texas & A&M played (who cares where VY stood in October?). VY had a poor game vs. A&M a few days later Nov. 26th (still won), after Bush absolutely went off for 500+ total yds. so that is what stuck, the most recent image. Check it out - many voters went on record leading up to the Rose Bowl explaining their vote. They said those 2 games in November made the difference. Heck, I don't vote. Not my fault. He wins hands-down if they vote after the Rose Bowl. It was a combination of both things, but the A&M game was the final nail for VY as it followed Bush's game. Not the other way around. He got the ring in the end anyway.

You're killing me with these "facts this and facts that" stuff you keep writing. It's really funny....:D

Kirk Bohls, from everything I read, never said that. He did, however, say he did wish he could go back and vote for VY. Of course this was post-National Championship.

My point is that the reasoning you're giving me isn't really "facts" per se. It's all subjective.

KTJ
09-20-2006, 08:56 AM
deleted by KTJ.

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Read: I said the 2 games were played a few days apart. USC game Nov. 20th, Texas game day after Thanksgiving.

Adidas - disappointed a Randy Rogers fan would question me! Just kidding, but I like his previous 2 cds better than the new one. How about you?

Nice edit job on your post after I wrote! ;)

I haven't decided yet if I'll put the new album ahead of Rollercoaster or not. I sure play the heck out of Matter of Time...did the same thing with Rollercoaster. Right now I would put them on equal ground. The thing I like with the new album is there really isn't a song that I'll skip over...whereas at any given time there would be a song or two on Rollercoaster that I wasn't a huge fan of. In speaking of the LIUTB album, I liked the album...but I prefer the songs the way that they play them now where they have a much more refined and rock type sound as opposed to the old versions that were weak from a musical standpoint. Anyway...first week sales #'s should be out today so I'm hoping to see at least 25k. They moved close over 10k from their CD release week shows alone from what I have been told by some of the mgmt guys.

g$$
09-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Dude, I posted the dates twice, seriously. I did add something but the dates were never in question. I originally said the games were a few days apart, then I got specific. That's it. You know the rest.

Look it up KTJ. To call me a liar is absurd. I said he should have won for God's sake. Why would I lie about what some stupid writer said? You guys are unbelievable. Do those writers need to come to your house & mouth it to you?

Still, bottom line & you know it is the A&M game ended the Heisman dream. He got the ring anyway, which is the most important right?

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Dude, I posted the dates twice, seriously. I did add something but the dates were never in question. I originally said the games were a few days apart, then I got specific. That's it. You know the rest.

If you go look in my original post...there were no dates there because I quoted what you originally wrote. Even when you edited, it doesn't change what I had quoted! Keep trying though...;)

g$$
09-20-2006, 09:22 AM
We tried to see RRB at Firehouse here in Houston last Thursday. Wasn't sure if I was going to be in town, so we were late & could not get in. They exceeded fire code the mgr. told me & it was just packed in there. Said it took 20 minutes to get a beer, long bathroom lines, could not see stage from way back, etc. So I will catch him down the road soon.

Agree with you on the sound. True of most bands as they get more polished. Pat Green is the same, but I miss him playing some of his old stuff, & the raw sound & all. I did see Wade Bowen Friday night & he was good. Bowen has a clean sound, just not quite the entertainer as others. Anyway, sounds like we have similar tastes. Makes me miss college even more & all the fun shows. When you get out it is not so spontaneous anymore. Enjoy it.

You guys take care.

KTJ
09-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Still, bottom line & you know it is the A&M game ended the Heisman dream.

If that's what it takes to get your school some pub. And no, I don't know that. No one does. It's subjective. And my opinion is that the USC/Fresno game lost it for him. Actually, my opinon from day 1 was that the media was so stuck on Bush that no matter what Vince did, he never had a shot. Did I think he deserved it? Yup. Did I ever think he was going to win it? No, not really.

He got the ring anyway, which is the most important right?

Of course.

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Hmmmm......so did the guy break his ankle or what???? :thinking: :thinking:

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by g$$
We tried to see RRB at Firehouse here in Houston last Thursday. Wasn't sure if I was going to be in town, so we were late & could not get in. They exceeded fire code the mgr. told me & it was just packed in there. Said it took 20 minutes to get a beer, long bathroom lines, could not see stage from way back, etc. So I will catch him down the road soon.

Agree with you on the sound. True of most bands as they get more polished. Pat Green is the same, but I miss him playing some of his old stuff, & the raw sound & all. I did see Wade Bowen Friday night & he was good. Bowen has a clean sound, just not quite the entertainer as others. Anyway, sounds like we have similar tastes. Makes me miss college even more & all the fun shows. When you get out it is not so spontaneous anymore. Enjoy it.

You guys take care.
Yeah I had some friends that went to Firehouse. On shows like an RRB or PG...you have to get there by 7ish to be able to get in if they weren't selling advance tickets.

Yeah the sound has become more polished. I think a lot of that is because 1) the best guys in the scene are getting national recognition and thus able to use better equipment for recording and 2) it's the natural progression of the music across Texas. The only artist I can think of today that sounds the same as he did in 2000 (and that you still hear anything about) is Roger Creager...and he has gone from being of the Big 4 (PG, Morrow, REK, Creager) in 2000 to being an also-ran in the industry. The (and this is odd to say) mainstream Texas music sound is a lot more rock-oriented than what it was 5 years ago. It's not anybody selling out...it's simply a paradigm shift. As for Wade Bowen, I really like his songs. He's much more about performing than entertaining...so his live shows have a different feel. Make sure that you catch him and Randy the next time they make a run together. They'll do it 2 or 3 times a year for a few weeks each time...always a great show.

g$$
09-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Exactly - I originally said the games were played a few days apart. Go read it again, then I got specific on dates when I editted it. VY played after Reggie, that was never in question. Did you think I was confused? Bush played on the off weekend leading up to the Thanksgiving game. I watched it - like 50-42 & Fresno had the lead for while. Other people follow this stuff too guys. No monopoly on information for anyone. It's a big world out there!

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Grrr........ :mad:

raider red 2000
09-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Hmmmm......so did the guy break his ankle or what???? :thinking: :thinking:

if he did i am sure that when he went to the hospital...they checked his blood type and it came back....RAGU. :)

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
if he did i am sure that when he went to the hospital...they checked his blood type and it came back....RAGU. :)

or gravy....

Adidas410s
and YaYa...you need a new sig line. You can't go stealing from Ryan Adams/RRB like that!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Bandera YaYa
Originally posted by raider red 2000
if he did i am sure that when he went to the hospital...they checked his blood type and it came back....RAGU. :) :eek: :eek: :eek:

g$$
09-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Funny you say that. I have seen Bowen twice now & have 2 cds. I like his stuff, don't get me wrong. And I agree that the sound overall of the industry has changed to a more upbeat, mainstream sound. Nobody is selling out, they're just selling cds & who can blame them. People want to rock out more. Makes me feel old when you say the big 4 from 2000. REK was the man in the late '90s. Times have changed. Bowen covered "I'm Comin' Home" the other night & said that song changed his life when he was at Tech.

My girlfriend & I almost went to River Road Icehouse in August to see RRB / Bowen but had to back out. I do want to see them together sometime. Thanks for the heads-up.

g$$
09-20-2006, 10:00 AM
KTJ - never intended it that way about A&M getting pub. A&M played above themselves for a while that day & rode McGee's enthusiasm too. I will be the 1st to tell you we are not good. Fran = Fraud & things must change. My buddy resigned from his staff because he couldn't take it anymore. I worked there under Slocum in Football Ops. Bill Byrne is being besieged right now with angry alumni upset w/ the football program (including me). The lesser sports are doing well for the most part. Facilities look great. Still can't sell-out in football. It could get really ugly before he's done. I say A&M wins 6 games. No kidding. I may be stubborn but I am honest & rational too. I don't sugarcoat it. No excuses. Army should have won the game Sat., & that says it all. I just hope big $$ donors push Byrne for change ASAP & eat Fran's contract. We'll see.

AggieJohn
09-20-2006, 10:07 AM
a&m could not show up and still win 6 games this season

KTJ
09-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by g$$
KTJ - never intended it that way about A&M getting pub. A&M played above themselves for a while that day & rode McGee's enthusiasm too. I will be the 1st to tell you we are not good. Fran = Fraud & things must change. My buddy resigned from his staff because he couldn't take it anymore. I worked there under Slocum in Football Ops. Bill Byrne is being besieged right now with angry alumni upset w/ the football program (including me). The lesser sports are doing well for the most part. Facilities look great. Still can't sell-out in football. It could get really ugly before he's done. I say A&M wins 6 games. No kidding. I may be stubborn but I am honest & rational too. I don't sugarcoat it. No excuses. Army should have won the game Sat., & that says it all. I just hope big $$ donors push Byrne for change ASAP & eat Fran's contract. We'll see.

So what do you do now? And do that many people really want him fired?

I'm thinking about heading to B/CS for the Tech/A&M game. I seriously don't want to watch us play SHSU.

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 10:13 AM
a&m could not show up and still win 6 games this season

really??? Assuming they win this w/e...where do wins 5 and 6 come from???

Tech - nope
@ Kansas - probably
Mizzou - nope
@ OK State - maybe
@ Baylor - maybe
BlowU - nope
Nebraska - nope
@ Texas

So on average that's 5.75 wins. I'm seeing A&M's "best case" scenario record at 7-5. Their worst case is 4-8.

g$$
09-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Hope you're right. Did we show up last week? Let's count:

4 cupcakes
Tech = L
@ Kansas = W
Mizzou = L
@ Ok State = W
@ Baylor = W
OU = L
Nebraska = L
@ Texas = L

So...ok I change my mind.
7-5

I don't feel any better now either. FIRE FRAN!! Please take Darnell w/ you too Fran.

And Mr. Byrne: try to find another Billy Clyde Gillispie for football. Chizik, Shannon, or another young & vibrant coach will do just fine, thanks. If that fails, bring Tuberville back - he was our DC for one year. Maybe he is still mad at Auburn over the fiasco a few years back. Doubt it - just do something!!

Adidas410s
09-20-2006, 10:24 AM
two words for next Aggie coach: Chris Ault

KTJ
09-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Hope you're right. Did we show up last week? Let's count:

4 cupcakes
Tech = L
@ Kansas = W
Mizzou = L
@ Ok State = W
@ Baylor = W
OU = L
Nebraska = L
@ Texas = L

So...ok I change my mind.
7-5

I don't feel any better now either. FIRE FRAN!! Please take Darnell w/ you too Fran.

And Mr. Byrne: try to find another Billy Clyde Gillispie for football. Chizik, Shannon, or another young & vibrant coach will do just fine, thanks. If that fails, bring Tuberville back - he was our DC for one year. Maybe he is still mad at Auburn over the fiasco a few years back. Doubt it - just do something!!

Hmm, Chizik isn't going to A&M, Auburn just released a statement saying that Turbeville isn't going anywhere, and I doubt you could lure Pete Carroll away. :p

I hear R.C. has nothing to do these days...

:D

coiled2strike
09-20-2006, 10:28 AM
I seriously doubt we will beat Baylor this year...and OSU will be a tough game, I think OSU can outscore us. With a recored of 5-7 and no bowl, I believe Fran will be out. AND, until we have some stability at head coach, we will continue to hurt in everything from recruiting to winning/losing.

g$$
09-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah, people are not happy. The athletic department lost $$ last year. About 6 million I was told by some old friends still there. Byrne has upgraded facilities but now we can't pay for them. The joke is "Building Champions - no Building Buildings". Season tix are down. Last sellout was Texas of course, but neither OU nor Tech sold out 2 years ago. Both were close but no cigar. Football pays the bills. Byrne raised basketball season tix big-time since they are ranked coming off great year to try & offset some of the losses. It is not good. Byrne has made some good hires (track, both in basketball, tennis, etc.). He did not hire Fran - he signed off on it after he was hired & Fran was announced a week later. Don't believe anything else. I know that for a fact. 2 big alums got Fran from Bama & Lowry Mays sealed the deal.

What has to happen is for him to fall flat on his face, then the big $$ donors will buy him out. He has to win 8 games & not lose horribly to Texas & OU. In other words at least 8-4 with no major embarrassments saves his rear. I don't see it happening.

g$$
09-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Since when did RC become young & vibrant? You may be surprised what $$ makes people do. Chizik will get a HC job somewhere soon. I want a young guy who can recruit & put some energy back into the program. I'm telling you - Fran needs help to save his job.

Let's don't hate on RC. He had a good run & he's a good guy. Named his new steer "Mack" the other day at his ranch near Milano. He & Mack are tight believe it or not. Now, I wanted a change too because I thought he had run his course. But the man won a lot of games - just could not get over the hump. Good guy & I respect him. And he was not a cheater like Jackie (he did work under him but they are not tight at all). The job scandal in Dallas was an old Jackie crooked booster named Warren Gilbert. And let's not kid ourselves anyway about college athletics. Lots of stuff changed when RC lost assistants like Kubiak, Sherman, Davie, Walters, Rucker, etc. Anyway, we'll see.

Adidas4I0s
09-20-2006, 10:53 AM
two words for next Aggie coach: Chris Ault

^^^

this guy knows what he's talking about! :thumbsup:

AggieJohn
09-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Yeah, people are not happy. The athletic department lost $$ last year. About 6 million I was told by some old friends still there. Byrne has upgraded facilities but now we can't pay for them. The joke is "Building Champions - no Building Buildings". Season tix are down. Last sellout was Texas of course, but neither OU nor Tech sold out 2 years ago. Both were close but no cigar. Football pays the bills. Byrne raised basketball season tix big-time since they are ranked coming off great year to try & offset some of the losses. It is not good. Byrne has made some good hires (track, both in basketball, tennis, etc.). He did not hire Fran - he signed off on it after he was hired & Fran was announced a week later. Don't believe anything else. I know that for a fact. 2 big alums got Fran from Bama & Lowry Mays sealed the deal.

What has to happen is for him to fall flat on his face, then the big $$ donors will buy him out. He has to win 8 games & not lose horribly to Texas & OU. In other words at least 8-4 with no major embarrassments saves his rear. I don't see it happening.

lowry mays seals a lot of deals.........it's like he's a business man or something