PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Point at Paradise

D_bird
09-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Anyone coming to Paradise to see this one?

NateDawg39
09-19-2006, 11:10 AM
All right!!! A Paradise poster!! Good to have you on board...I dont think im goin but I bet Paradise takes this one by 21.

D_bird
09-19-2006, 11:16 AM
If anyone wants a preview...

I wrote this on fridaynightfever.net...

This week the Paradise Panthers will meet the Pilot Point Bearcats who are coming off of a bye week after a 21-20 loss to the Lake Worth Bullfrogs. The Bearcats accumulated 248 yards of total offense in the loss and the yardage was perfectly distributed with 124 yards rushing and passing. The week before Pilot Point gained 196 total offensive yards with 162 yards rushing in a 12-0 shut out of Dallas St. Marks. The Bearcats favor the running game over the passing game as they have rushed for 286 yards in their first two games. The Bearcats have attempted only 25 passes and have completed only 8 while throwing 3 picks and 2 touchdown passes. The leader of the Bearcats on offense is Cooper Guthrie who has 137 yards rushing and 66 yards receiving. The Panthers will have to be tougher on defense the next two weeks against the potent rushing attacks of Pilot Point and Aubrey.

The Paradise Panthers come into their fourth game of the season with the #1 rated offense in 3A and below according to the Fort Worth Star Telegram. They will need to keep up the pace with the toughest part of the schedule coming up over the next several weeks. The Panthers are averaging well over 400 yards per game and nearly 38 points per game. The leader on offense has been Paradise's quarterback Josh Erwin who has thrown for 688 yards in the first three games. The big question mark this week however will be the offensive line. The line has been one of the main reasons for the Panthers offensive success this year. Will they be able to continue to open up the holes for the backs and protect the quarterback against Pilot Point? I say yes.