PDA

View Full Version : NFL

Gsquared
09-19-2006, 06:56 AM
National Fieldgoal Leauge. The defenses are way to big and fast for the offenses in pro ball these days.

Txbroadcaster
09-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
National Fieldgoal Leauge. The defenses are way to big and fast for the offenses in pro ball these days.

Did you see the scores this week?

8 of the 16 games saw one team score at least 25 points..6 of the games had at least one team score 30 points.

7 Qbs threw for at least 300....16 Qbs threw for at least 250. Atlanta rushed for over 300 yds.

Yes a couple of games turned into FG battles...But for the most part it was a pretty good weekend for offense

shankbear
09-19-2006, 08:20 AM
The NFL is overrated.

Gsquared
09-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Did you see the scores this week?

8 of the 16 games saw one team score at least 25 points..6 of the games had at least one team score 30 points.

7 Qbs threw for at least 300....16 Qbs threw for at least 250. Atlanta rushed for over 300 yds.

Yes a couple of games turned into FG battles...But for the most part it was a pretty good weekend for offense
I think thats the exception not the norm. A good way to tell how far ahead the D is these days is how well you can run the ball. Five yards between the tackles doesnt happen much. Three yards off tackle doesnt happen much.

Bearkat
09-19-2006, 08:56 AM

You're right, but the idiotic rules are set up to help the offense and "protect" the QB.

PPHSfan
09-19-2006, 08:58 AM
I like it that way G.

Give me D anyday.

Txbroadcaster
09-19-2006, 09:05 AM
I think thats the exception not the norm. A good way to tell how far ahead the D is these days is how well you can run the ball. Five yards between the tackles doesnt happen much. Three yards off tackle doesnt happen much.

Again have to disagree a bit...14 teams in the NFL are avaeraging 4.0 yds or more..FOUR teams at least 5 yds per game..at least half the teams are at least averaging 3.8 or above.

Gsquared
09-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Again have to disagree a bit...14 teams in the NFL are avaeraging 4.0 yds or more..FOUR teams at least 5 yds per game..at least half the teams are at least averaging 3.8 or above.
Dang im wrong, ill have to keep looking out for all those steller running performances each sunday :eek: