PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport, A.P. #5, ??

MFin
09-17-2002, 12:10 PM
Number of strong running backs Bridgeport has faced thus far, not counting Pilot Point's S. Salas (half game): 0

Number of strong passing offenses Bridgeport has faced thus far (Pilot Point quarterback=good, Pilot Point receivers=not so good): 0

Bridgeport's area defense stats in FWST (against two mediocre teams and one strong one): next to last

Bridgeport's ability to make an extra point:
almost nonexistent

Number of tough defenses B'port has been up against: 1 (debatable)

Daugherty's arm, priceless.

I am an ardent Bulls fan, and I hope they go far, I am just incredulous of the #5 ranking.

But maybe my perspective is wrong. After all, last year the team was similar in most aspects and nearly beat the state champion in the semifinal, so what do I know.

Go Bulls.

Titans
09-17-2002, 12:13 PM
Please don't lose sleep over the polls. They mean asbolutely NOTHING. They won't be invited to play in the Fiesta Bowl, nor the Texas State Championship. No, they have to earn it.

WHY DO YOU CARE so much about the rankings?

PPHSfan
09-17-2002, 12:21 PM
Just a funny thought although i loved your breakdown of the first three games. Who needs to score extra points when you score 7 touchdowns every game? :-)

Old Cardinal
09-17-2002, 01:05 PM
To: MFin, Can you list the AP polling of all schools listed in order, on here, some of us have not been able to find that poll?

PPHSfan
09-17-2002, 01:23 PM
AP POLL:
1. Everman
2. Jasper
3. Sinton
4. Longview Spring Hill
5. Bridgeport
6. Newton
7. Burnet
8. Celina
9. Commerce
10. Graham
Dropped Out: Abilene Wylie
Also receiving votes: wills point 12, Wilmer-Hutchins 9, La Grange 8, Daingerfield 6, La Feria 6, Abilene Wylie 5, Midland Greenwood 5, Perryton 5, Edna 3, Bellville 1, Forney 1, Gatesville 1.

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by MFin:
Number of strong running backs Bridgeport has faced thus far, not counting Pilot Point's S. Salas (half game): 0

Number of strong passing offenses Bridgeport has faced thus far (Pilot Point quarterback=good, Pilot Point receivers=not so good): 0

Clever post MFin

Bridgeport's area defense stats in FWST (against two mediocre teams and one strong one): next to last

Bridgeport's ability to make an extra point:
almost nonexistent

Number of tough defenses B'port has been up against: 1 (debatable)

Daugherty's arm, priceless.

I am an ardent Bulls fan, and I hope they go far, I am just incredulous of the #5 ranking.

But maybe my perspective is wrong. After all, last year the team was similar in most aspects and nearly beat the state champion in the semifinal, so what do I know.

Go Bulls.

slpybear the bullfan
09-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Mfin,

I agree with your post. Now, while I admit to being a huge Bulls homer, I also admit that the AP is a huge love fest between newspaper types and the popular teams.

Bridgeport has been tested once. They will be tested some more before the second season begins. As someone on another topic mentioned, the only polls that count are in the last game in December.

Hope we are there!

BTW, do you go to all the games? If you do, be sure to leave early this week. The stands at Boyd fill up quickly.

slpybear

BullBacker
09-17-2002, 09:16 PM
Yes, I beleive the Bulls are a top 10 team, top 5? its iffy.

slpybear the bullfan
09-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Ditto BullBacker,

That is what I have been saying at work...

slpybear