PDA

View Full Version : Apology and suspension issued...OU/Oregon game

lepfan
09-19-2006, 02:00 AM
http://www.newsok.com/article/2849797/?template=sports/ou

Sorry all I have right now is the link...as soon as I can I will paste the story

Old Tiger
09-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Tear Tear...all I hear is crying.

lepfan
09-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Tear Tear...all I hear is crying. Mr. Pot calling Mrs. Kettle black...ehhhh. You should know crying...you do enough of it. ;)

Old Tiger
09-19-2006, 02:11 AM
Nope... :D

You're so cruel to me :(

g$$
09-19-2006, 03:18 AM
Any Longhorn relishing in OU's defeat should consider strength of schedule, which will help you more in the October RRS. I know it's a hate thing, but Texas needs help to leapfrog back up into the mix w/ 1 loss now. Thus, you should have hoped they would beat Oregon which in turn should help you later.

Glad the Pac-10 took action on this matter. Maybe it will help others down the line by showing accountability.

WestTXLonghorn
09-19-2006, 03:32 AM
Man. . .the BlowU fans have shown their true colors on this deal. I heard that the officials of that game have even gotten death threats from Blowklahomo fans.

Maybe the Sooners should take a look at themselves and call UAB up and apologize for the crap call that helped them win THAT game. Maybe UAB should complain, and whine, and cry, and have their President write a scathing letter to the Big 12 asking for the game to be nullified too.

Face facts Sooners! If your team didn't stink so bad then you'd have put the game out of reach so a mediocre Oregon team wouldn't have the chance to get help from the refs to steal the win!!

injuredinmelee
09-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Man. . .the BlowU fans have shown their true colors on this deal. I heard that the officials of that game have even gotten death threats from Blowklahomo fans.

Maybe the Sooners should take a look at themselves and call UAB up and apologize for the crap call that helped them win THAT game. Maybe UAB should complain, and whine, and cry, and have their President write a scathing letter to the Big 12 asking for the game to be nullified too.

Face facts Sooners! If your team didn't stink so bad then you'd have put the game out of reach so a mediocre Oregon team wouldn't have the chance to get help from the refs to steal the win!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AggieJohn
09-19-2006, 07:11 AM
this pisses me off................do you not realize how hard it is to ref a football game without making any errors......i guarantee you those refs weren't throwing that game, they merely didn't see what everyone else saw....six officials without the ablility to replay over and over and in the heat of the moment, while most likely only having one that got the point of reference at all, if he was looking at that entirely.......one of the first things i learned in reffing is you don't follow the ball.....and now this crew's integrity is being put into question because 1000 of BLOWu fans got on their computers and came up with a couple of .gif images......what a load of crock....

kaorder1999
09-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
this pisses me off................do you not realize how hard it is to ref a football game without making any errors......i guarantee you those refs weren't throwing that game, they merely didn't see what everyone else saw....six officials without the ablility to replay over and over and in the heat of the moment, while most likely only having one that got the point of reference at all, if he was looking at that entirely.......one of the first things i learned in reffing is you don't follow the ball.....and now this crew's integrity is being put into question because 1000 of BLOWu fans got on their computers and came up with a couple of .gif images......what a load of crock....

normally I would agree with you Aggie but in this case the officials saw every angle needed in order to overturn the call. They saw every replay that we saw on television. The ball was touched clearly before it went 10 yards. To the blind eye, yeah, thats a tough call to make sometimes but they had plenty of time while under review to correct the mistake. I understand that you are an official but you do not have access to instant replay in your games.

kaorder1999
09-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Stoops has said it best...he said he has made millions of mistakes and will make a million more as will his players. The only thing is when he or his players make mistakes during a game they dont have the opportunity to redo it and get it right. The officials had that chance and chose not to get it right. He makes a great point.

STOOPS ON OFFICIALS (http://www.dallasnews.com/audio/0919stoops1.mp3)

Phil C
09-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Plus Oklahoma actually recovered the kickoff if you watch till the end of the play. The replay should have overruled what they said on the field of play.

kaorder1999
09-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Plus Oklahoma actually recovered the kickoff if you watch till the end of the play. The replay should have overruled what they said on the field of play.

yes...and many arent talking about that. OU actually recovered the onside kick. that is by far the craziest part of the entire scenario

lepfan
09-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Nope... :D

You're so cruel to me :( Just having fun with ya :) Do you need therapy now? ????

lepfan
09-19-2006, 08:47 AM

Face facts Sooners! If your team didn't stink so bad then you'd have put the game out of reach so a mediocre Oregon team wouldn't have the chance to get help from the refs to steal the win!! You give Longhorn fans a BAD reputation. Why do you (and a couple of others) feel the need to call names like BlowU, Blowklahomo, and Chokelahoma?????? You have just stooped to the level of those who call UT ...... TU. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Could it be that you feel as inferior as those "other" fans do???? Geez, grow up.

mwynn05
09-19-2006, 09:07 AM
I bet the OU wouldnt be crying if they had executed a field goal at the end of the game.

kaorder1999
09-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I bet the OU wouldnt be crying if they had executed a field goal at the end of the game.

im guessing they would still be mad. Guys, this wasn't a judgement call. This was in black and white. Instant Replay was put in to correct these kind of errors.

Adidas410s
09-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
normally I would agree with you Aggie but in this case the officials saw every angle needed in order to overturn the call. They saw every replay that we saw on television. The ball was touched clearly before it went 10 yards. To the blind eye, yeah, thats a tough call to make sometimes but they had plenty of time while under review to correct the mistake. I understand that you are an official but you do not have access to instant replay in your games.

The officials don't see the same things that you see on TV. Before every NCAA game when replay is being used, there is an annoucement over the PA that states that officials are using an in-house video system for replays and it may differ from what is seen on the jumbotrons and/or television.

Phil C
09-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The officials don't see the same things that you see on TV. Before every NCAA game when replay is being used, there is an annoucement over the PA that states that officials are using an in-house video system for replays and it may differ from what is seen on the jumbotrons and/or television.

That is a good point. What they need to do is show what the officials saw on replay. It could show that it was an honest mistake.

kaorder1999
09-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

well...if its not like the NFL's then okay. Didnt realize it. But, apparantly is was obvious enough for the Pac 10 to take action. The official that had the last say so has admitted to getting the call (s) wrong. If the replay booth didnt get the video that proved otherwise then this is a major failure on the NCAA's part.

kaorder1999
09-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
That is a good point. What they need to do is show what the officials saw on replay. It could show that it was an honest mistake.

yep...but I have a feeling that will never happen because if the evidence IS there that the ruling should have been overturned then that would be the end to that officials career and the Pac 10 would have a MAJOR problem.

JasperDog94
09-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
im guessing they would still be mad. Guys, this wasn't a judgement call. This was in black and white. Instant Replay was put in to correct these kind of errors. True.

kaorder1999
09-19-2006, 09:25 AM
and if the system is not working to fix those errors then teh system should be fixed or eliminated.

sWaterislife
09-19-2006, 10:18 AM
It said in the ESPN article that the camara views where adaquate enough to change the ruling...

And that would bring me to the next statement. WHY DONT THEY HAVE ACCESS TO THESE TELEVISION VIEW POINTS.. simple plug and play i would think..

Needless to say IT was JUST A HUGE CALL... and the officials must have been smoking crack and felt it was too blurry to overturn the call..

Aggie your right they have a tough job.. But that was a cut a dry play that shouldnt have taken that long to see... I would say from every angle that should have been overturned..

WestTXLonghorn
09-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
You give Longhorn fans a BAD reputation. Why do you (and a couple of others) feel the need to call names like BlowU, Blowklahomo, and Chokelahoma?????? You have just stooped to the level of those who call UT ...... TU. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Could it be that you feel as inferior as those "other" fans do???? Geez, grow up.

Geez, go away. I get called worse daily by Chokelahoma fans for nothing other than being a Longhorn.

The whole fan base is crap (you included) and they act like it on a consistent basis (this situation just further goes to prove that point). MAYBE you should go tell your BlowU fans to stop sending death threats to people before you come telling Horn fans to stop with the fun name calling that's been going on for AGES.

Or you could just shut the heck up. . .just a thought.

kaorder1999
09-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Geez, go away. I get called worse daily by Chokelahoma fans for nothing other than being a Longhorn.

The whole fan base is crap (you included) and they act like it on a consistent basis (this situation just further goes to prove that point). MAYBE you should go tell your BlowU fans to stop sending death threats to people before you come telling Horn fans to stop with the fun name calling that's been going on for AGES.

Or you could just shut the heck up. . .just a thought.

sad, sad

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 11:03 AM
I think Oklahoma deserved it beacause UAB got screwed in their game last week on a fumble that was given back to OU and it was clearly a fumble!

pancho villa
09-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Do ya'll know why Texas dosent fall off into the Gulf of Mexico?
Cause Oklahoma sucks!