PDA

View Full Version : BlowU President Wants Loss Voided!!!

Adidas410s
09-18-2006, 04:29 PM
OU president wants game voided, officials suspendedAssociated Press

NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma president David Boren sent a letter to Big 12 Commissioner Kevin Weiberg on Monday, asking him to push for the Sooners' game against Oregon to be eliminated from the record books and have the Pac-10 officials involved in the game suspended for the remainder of the season.

Two plays were reviewed on Oregon's game-winning drive -- an onside kick that gave the Ducks possession and a pass interference call one play before the touchdown that gave them a 34-33 victory.

"To describe the lapses in accurate officiating at the Oklahoma-Oregon football game last Saturday as constituting an outrageous injustice is an understatement," Boren wrote in the letter dated Monday.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops has said he believes an Oregon player interfered with Oklahoma's ability to recover the onside kick by illegally touching the ball and a Sooners player before the kick traveled 10 yards. He also believes the Sooners recovered the kick, as tailback Allen Patrick had possession at the end of the play.

Stoops has also said he believes Oklahoma defensive end C.J. Ah You tipped a pass by Dennis Dixon that resulted in a pass interference call. If the ball was indeed tipped, the pass interference call would have been negated.

Both plays were reviewed using instant replay Saturday, and Pacific 10 commissioner Tom Hansen said an announcement will be made Tuesday on whether the calls were correct.

Pacific 10 spokesman Jim Muldoon did not immediately return telephone calls for comment about Boren's letter.

Boren requested "an apology from the Pac-10 for the gross errors in officiating" and also called for the Pac-10 to change its rule that requires only Pac-10 officials be used for nonconference home games.

The letter also asks the Big 12 to place on the agendas of NCAA meetings and conference commissioners' meetings a discussion of how the review process should be implemented.

"It is truly sad and deeply disappointing that members of our football team should be deprived of the outcome of the game that they deserved because of an inexcusable breakdown in officiating," Boren wrote.

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said Sunday that the university would request a "comprehensive review of specific officiating decisions and use of instant replay" in the game.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

MagicMan
09-18-2006, 04:31 PM
i hope it is voided. i dont care too much for OU but those calls were terrible.

carter08
09-18-2006, 04:32 PM
It is just a game. OU just wants a National Title

Adidas410s
09-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i hope it is voided. i dont care too much for OU but those calls were terrible.
true...but their is no precedent for doing so!

MagicMan
09-18-2006, 04:33 PM
well there is always a first time.

Gobbler Fan
09-18-2006, 04:33 PM
:bigcry:

Emerson1
09-18-2006, 04:36 PM
The UAB win should be voided to because there was a bad call that helped OU win.

CenTexSports
09-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Get rid of instant replay. The few calls that are over ruled are not worth the expense and headache. Put the humanity back in the game. Before you know it people will start questioning the calls of high school officials. What has the game come to?

Adidas410s
09-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The UAB win should be voided to because there was a bad call that helped OU win.
true...true...

lostaussie
09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
oh...........if this just had happened to UT. i can hear it already:D

kaorder1999
09-18-2006, 05:34 PM
i think its interesting that they are fighting it. This will be very entertaining!!!!

The Kracken
09-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah next thing the UT fans will want the game with TOSU thrown out for some reason cuz everybody knows all they want is another national championship: :rolleyes:

shankbear
09-18-2006, 10:11 PM
The OU prematures want a do over. Too bad.

Emerson1
09-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by The Kracken
cuz everybody knows all they want is another national championship: :rolleyes:
and that is a bad thing?

Texas doesn't go for moral victories like a&m.

AggieJohn
09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
and that is a bad thing?

Texas doesn't go for moral victories like a&m. and who mentioned a&m kyle?

Chief Woodman
09-18-2006, 10:46 PM
If the O.U. prez would just remember that his mascot represents stealing he would not be so upset. It is just that the Duck player got there "Sooner" than the O.U. player. He should be honored.

kaorder1999
09-18-2006, 11:03 PM
LETTER FROM OU PRESIDENT (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/09-06/0919ouletter.pdf)

RMAC
09-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Here's this for a thought: What if Choklahoma would've caught some other passes, or made a few other stops, this wouldn't even matter. The refs didn't make them drop balls or miss tackles that resulted in points, so my arguement is this: If OU would've made the plays and put the points on the board when they needed to, they wouldn't have been in that situation in the end to begin with. This is kind of like the same thing as last year with Tech, except that that call was too close on camera to change. Had the ref in that instance called no TD, there wouldn't have been enough information to rule it as so. Now I will say, they did get screwed pretty hard on those 2 plays, and yes, they most likely did cost them the game, but let me reiterate what I said earlier, had they made the plays when they needed to, then they wouldn't have been in the situation to begin with. Just my 2 cents.

lepfan
09-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
oh...........if this just had happened to UT. i can hear it already:D My thought exactly!!!!

lepfan
09-19-2006, 02:08 AM
The UAB win should be voided to because there was a bad call that helped OU win. Go back to your room and finish licking the snot out of your nose. (could not resist)

WestTXLonghorn
09-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Karma is a B!TCH!! This is what OU gets for paying their players and cheating their way to all those National Championships.

Wouldn't be surprised if we hear about ole' Bobby Stoops looking for jobs in the NFL soon. As an assistant of course, since we've seen that his brother was the real football genius there.

BTEXDAD
09-19-2006, 08:28 AM

lepfan
09-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Karma is a B!TCH!! This is what OU gets for paying their players and cheating their way to all those National Championships.
...if this is so....some better watch out!!!!!!