PDA

View Full Version : Was OU robbed?

EricDraven
09-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Did anyone else see the OU-Oregon game? Some VERY questionable calls by PAC Ten offcials. Head official was on the replay. Not a Sooner fan, but hate to see any Big 12 team robbed unless they're playing in Lubbock.:D

KTJ
09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
I believe those were Big 12 refs.

Adidas410s
09-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I believe those were Big 12 refs.

The on field refs were Big 12...however the replay booths are being manned by local, retired officials that have extensive NCAA experience. The NCAA decided this would be cheaper than sending along another 3 guys to every game.

KTJ
09-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The on field refs were Big 12...however the replay booths are being manned by local, retired officials that have extensive NCAA experience. The NCAA decided this would be cheaper than sending along another 3 guys to every game.

Yes I know how the process works. :D ;)

And I don't think the replay guys are "local, retired guys" more or less they are just retired officials.

At the Texas/Ohio State game last year, the refs on the field were Big 12 and the replay refs were Big 10. I'm pretty sure it was vice versa for this years game.

Phil C
09-18-2006, 01:20 PM
The kickoff didn't look like it went ten yards but it was very close.

District303aPastPlayer
09-18-2006, 01:21 PM
in a word: yes

3afan
09-18-2006, 01:24 PM
according to USA Today ::

"A Pacific-10 officiating crew worked both the field and the replay booth. After reviewing both plays, officials let them stand, decisions Stoops, an instant-replay proponent, found "frustrating, maddening, whatever you want to say."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-09-17-instant-replay_x.htm

EricDraven
09-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Either way, the on-side and the tipped-ball/interferrence call were questionable.

Adidas410s
09-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
according to USA Today ::

"A Pacific-10 officiating crew worked both the field and the replay booth. After reviewing both plays, officials let them stand, decisions Stoops, an instant-replay proponent, found "frustrating, maddening, whatever you want to say."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-09-17-instant-replay_x.htm

that's what I get for listening to Dan Patrick. I forgot what it said in the DMN article that I read at lunch but I just double checked it...

3afan
09-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
... Dan Patrick....

:doh:
he's always spouting mistakes .... but he does have good guests

Adidas410s
09-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
:doh:
he's always spouting mistakes .... but he does have good guests

yeah the guests are all that he is good for really...

Adidas410s
09-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Yes I know how the process works. :D ;)

And I don't think the replay guys are "local, retired guys" more or less they are just retired officials.

At the Texas/Ohio State game last year, the refs on the field were Big 12 and the replay refs were Big 10. I'm pretty sure it was vice versa for this years game.

as local, retired guys I am saying that they are retired officials with a close proximity to the school. They aren't from the same area (or even conference in some cases) as the officiating crew.

Sweetwater96
09-18-2006, 01:39 PM
I think OU was robbed, I watched the game and the call was flat out rediculous. There is not much they can do about it now, but you also have to look at OU's defense. Even though it was a bad call, the defense could have held and they would have still won.

WestTXLonghorn
09-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Here's a hint to BlowU and Bob Stoops. . .learn how to cover people and play defense and then the game won't be close enough for the refs to screw you.

Blowklahoma's defense was supposed to be elite and whatnot. Instead, they've been handing over massive yardarge and a good deal of points to mediocre football teams. Their secondary is just downright bad (note the game winning TD pass by the Ducks where the receiver was wide open because the DB had no idea what was going on). Their offense is totally reliant on one man. Adrian Peterson. He's a beast and I'd say the best RB in the entire nation. . .but he's going to be a hobbled, broken old man by seasons end if he keeps having to carry the ball 40 times a game.

Anyway, the refs screwed up. . .but Oklahoma put themselves in that position through extremely poor play.

BTEXDAD
09-18-2006, 01:42 PM
I always enjoy seeing OK lose, and it was fun watching Stoops get upset, but they did get shafted.

How about that Peterson though? I think he moved up to frontrunner for Heisman. IMO

Maybe Texans will have a shot at him

Chief Woodman
09-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I always enjoy seeing OK lose, and it was fun watching Stoops get upset, but they did get shafted.

How about that Peterson though? I think he moved up to frontrunner for Heisman. IMO

He didn't stay in Texas the first time, what makes you think he has changed his mind?

cats2151
09-18-2006, 01:50 PM
OU still recovered the onside kick and they still gave it to oregon.

Adidas410s
09-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
He didn't stay in Texas the first time, what makes you think he has changed his mind?

He doesn't get near as much of a choice the 2nd time! ;)

Adidas410s
09-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Here's a hint to BlowU and Bob Stoops. . .learn how to cover people and play defense and then the game won't be close enough for the refs to screw you.

Yes...their defense did give up over 500 yards and for the season is giving up over 400 yds on average and is ranked 97 I think.

EricDraven
09-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD

Nah, they'll trade the pick for five second round picks and a couple of lineman working at Wal-Mart stocking supplies.

Phil C
09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
I apologize if this has been posted. It brings up the question that didn't Oklahoma recover the ball?

http://www.statesman.com/sports/mboard/Texas_Sports/controlDb?PageId=TlToVt&topicID=159649&boardId=170#

EricDraven
09-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Yes Phil, but Pac 10 officials gave it to Oregon. other psoters pointed out OU "D" still should have stepped-up.

Phil C
09-18-2006, 02:27 PM
They didn't just rob Oklahoma but the Big 12. This should have been a win. Now it is a loss which reflects bad on our conference and will effect final BCS rankings in strengh of schedule considerations.
What is amazing is that the play was reviewed and still stood.

EricDraven
09-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Yes, it was a serious blow to BCS picture later on. I can't believe Stoops agreed to play on the road with their officials. I thought it used to be that the officials came from the visiting teams conference and a nuetral conference in bowl games. Should've at least got some Lone Star crew in there.:D

Phil C
09-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Let's hope UT stays out of Oregon in the future.

mwynn05
09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Well they still had a chance to win and didnt execute so blaming the officials can only go so far....they had a shot to win despite the calls

Old Tiger
09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Gotta love the system

Phil C
09-18-2006, 03:21 PM
STOP THIEF!! :mad:

Bullaholic
09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
They didn't just rob Oklahoma but the Big 12. This should have been a win. Now it is a loss which reflects bad on our conference and will effect final BCS rankings in strengh of schedule considerations.
What is amazing is that the play was reviewed and still stood.

Phil....I don't like to see any team lose a game on a disputed call, but this is OU, Phil, as in big-time Big-12 most-disliked UT rival---as in beat UT 5 years straight and rubbed our noses in it OU---
DON'T SHOW ANY COMPASSION..:D

Phil C
09-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Phil....I don't like to see any team lose a game on a disputed call, but this is OU, Phil, as in big-time Big-12 most-disliked UT rival---as in beat UT 5 years straight and rubbed our noses in it OU---
DON'T SHOW ANY COMPASSION..:D

And don't forget that game in the 1980s when the officials gave the game to Oklahoma on that bad call at the end when Barry Sanders was playing at Oklahoma State. That call ruined a great game. Oklahoma wasn't complainting too much then. :mad:

OnceABucJr
09-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Huh?

Cameron Crazy
09-18-2006, 05:16 PM
They deserve to lose!