PDA

View Full Version : ***BREAKING NEWS***

Astrosdawg07
09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
GILBERT MOYE WILL BE CHECKING BACK INTO JASPER TODAY AND WILL BE ELGIBLE TO PLAY AFTER NEXT WEEKS GAME AGAINST KIRBYVILLE. JASPER JUST GOT ALOT BETTER OFFENSIVELY!

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Is this an April fools?

Astrosdawg07
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
No, Gilbert announced this to the coaches of Jasper Friday night.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Who's he going to be staying with and why now?

District303aPastPlayer
i think he should be allowed to transfer if he wants... hell, the UIL took away his JR year from him...

Astrosdawg07
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Who's he going to be staying with and why now?

I'm not sure, but I was informed of this today by LB Jaylon Clotiaux.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 11:54 AM
This could put Jasper right back in the hunt. Lord knows that our offence needs something.

Astrosdawg07
09-18-2006, 11:55 AM
This could put Jasper right back in the hunt. Lord knows that our offence needs something.

In my opinion this makes Jasper a favorite to win the District because the defense has been very stingy.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't go that far just yet.

shankbear
09-18-2006, 11:59 AM
the folks at WO-S may think otherwise....Moye or no Moye.

wos fan1
09-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Good news for Jasper but this kid will have to straighten up on and off the field.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Good news for Jasper but this kid will have to straighten up on and off the field. Well, he did lead us to the state finals as a soph.

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2006, 12:18 PM
When was he to be eligible at Diboll?

Jason1725
09-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Lord knows that offense needs some kind of spark.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
When was he to be eligible at Diboll? Week 4, I think.

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Good news for Jasper but this kid will have to straighten up on and off the field.

What has he done on and off the field that prompted this?

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
What has he done on and off the field that prompted this? I was wondering this myself.:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
09-18-2006, 12:40 PM
What has he done on and off the field that prompted this?

good point...

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Smoak said Lauve told him Moye had not enrolled. That is all that was said.

wos fan1
09-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Coach Lauve just told me Moye has not enrolled at Jasper. He knows nothing about it.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 12:47 PM
I really hope this isn't a sick way to thumb his nose at Jasper. Especially given how poorly our offense has performed up to this point.:(

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Ah well..rumors are easily started when you are 0-3 :(

Crimestick
09-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Moye was awesome as a soph, but looked jittery and confused against WO-S last year. I thought they were in better shape without him last year. I certainly wouldn't say this makes them "the favorite," considering that we're pretty loaded this year as well. Besides, I don't consider giving up 25 points per game "stingy," especially allowing 350 on the ground to Livingston.
I'm sure it's good news for the dawgs, but not enough to send them from worst to first in my opinion.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Moye was awesome as a soph, but looked jittery and confused against WO-S last year. I thought they were in better shape without him last year. I certainly wouldn't say this makes them "the favorite," considering that we're pretty loaded this year as well. I assure you, Jasper was not better off without Moye last year. That would be like saying WOS was better without Beasley last year.

Crimestick
09-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Beasley went 12-1 last year. Moye went 1-3. Jasper ended up 7-4, meaning they didn't lose again until the postseason. I'm not dogging the guy, just stating my opinion.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 12:58 PM
True, but Beasley (IMO) had more to work with. Either way I think Jasper would have made it further in the playoffs with Moye.

Hindsight2020
09-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Hopefully he will have to prove himself before the coaches just put him out on the field, which I am sure will be the case.

I am glad to see this young man finally able to play. I bet it has killed him not being able to play. He was dealt some bad luck......

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Besides, I don't consider giving up 25 points per game "stingy," especially allowing 350 on the ground to Livingston.

Gave up one first down to BH in the first half and held Newton to 120 yards or so..sounds stingy to me, but that is just my opinion.

crabman
09-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Jasper? Did you say Jasper? I thought I distinctly heard Gilmer.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Jasper? Did you say Jasper? I thought I distinctly heard Gilmer. :clap: :clap: :clap: :doh: :doh:

Old Tiger
09-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
In my opinion this makes Jasper a favorite to win the District because the defense has been very stingy. WO-S wins hands down. Give them the title now! They are almighty! :D

Crimestick
09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
They've given up about 244 per game, which is pretty average, isn't it? We're giving up just 208, but we're no defensive juggernaut this year. Sounds like they've been solid, but "stingy" sounds more impressive. I hope to see Moye on the field.

griff
09-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
WO-S wins hands down. Give them the title now! They are almighty! :D

I think you meant "Gilmer is almighty. Give them the title now".

Us WO-S fans love our team, but we don't think we're world beaters. Don't listen to the Barbers Hill nonsense.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-18-2006, 05:09 PM
They've given up about 244 per game, which is pretty average, isn't it? We're giving up just 208, but we're no defensive juggernaut this year. Sounds like they've been solid, but "stingy" sounds more impressive. I hope to see Moye on the field.

ok....so maybe they have given 24.4 pts per game....but then you gotta go back and look at this......last friday. Newton's offense....didnt score. Two touchdowns, 1 INT and one fumble recovery, a safety (fumble) and a PAT. Jasper made at least 4 amazing goal line stands one included a 2pt conversion that failed. Now i cant speak about the Livingston or Barber's Hill game because i wasnt there. But i was at the Newton game. And that was some damn good defense.

Might i add....two forced turnovers.

I stand corrected...newton's offense scored one touchdown

mwynn05
09-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by griff

Us WO-S fans love our team, but we don't think we're world beaters. Don't listen to the Barbers Hill nonsense. thats not what was said when yall moved down....

lostaussie
09-18-2006, 05:18 PM

Us WO-S fans love our team, but we don't think we're world beaters. whats that all about, and how did we get dragged into this. i actually think we have some serious issues on the defensive side of the ball. no need to trash my school. this trhead has nothing to do with us.

Cameron Crazy
09-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Good Luck with him on the roster hope yall do good!

griff
09-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
whats that all about, and how did we get dragged into this. i actually think we have some serious issues on the defensive side of the ball. no need to trash my school. this trhead has nothing to do with us.

Relax, lostaussie, it was only a joke. There was a thread a few days ago with the topic of "Could Gilmer win 4A". I said then that I thought it was silly to go down that road since it's so early in the season and the 4A champs are almost always better than the 3A champs, so I was having a little fun at the expense of that thread. Don't worry, man, I've got nothing against Gilmer. So far, they strike fear in 3A.

griff
09-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
thats not what was said when yall moved down....

That seems to be the inaccurate perception of a few people around here. WO-S got a lot of attention from pollsters when they moved down. That's typical for a team who has been successful in one classification moving down to the lower classification. So much of the hype was NOT coming from the WO-S fans who post here (with the exception of one rabid fan named...well, nevermind). That's what seems to be forgotten. We were not the ones fueling this hype. I can speak for the majority of the WO-S posters who frequent here...we didn't THEN, and we still don't think NOW that we're unbeatable. We take our humble pie just like everyone else. Wimberley was clearly a better team than us last year, and they deserved their state championship.

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 06:16 PM

I have seen Jasper play for many years, and this is a good defensive group. Not their best, but one capable of winning some games. Perhaps Kirbyville will prove us wrong in a couple of weeks.

Livingston moved the ball on us at will that first game. Livingston is not a bad team. They have 2 very talented RBs.

After that game we gave up 175 yards to BH (who gained over 300 yards against Bellville btw) and 120 something to Newton (who had over 330 yards rushing against a good Crocket team). We lost but at least that is a glimmer of hope for Dogs fans. If we win enough games to make the playoffs it will be on the back of our defense this year.

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 06:20 PM
That seems to be the inaccurate perception of a few people around here. = So much of the hype was NOT coming from the WO-S fans who post here (with the exception of one rabid fan named...well, nevermind).

You are right. Same thing happened to Jasper when they moved down. Everyone in East Texas jumped on their bandwagon..and probably a couple of outspoken Jasper fans too. Not to wish anything bad on WO-S but I was glad when the attention was taken off of us.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 06:57 PM
BTW - This rumor has no substance...yet. I just wanted to clarify that.

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 06:59 PM
BTW - This rumor has no substance...yet. I just wanted to clarify that.

Yeah, but I bet it made you sit up a little straighter in your seat when you first read it :D

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah, but I bet it made you sit up a little straighter in your seat when you first read it :D no comment...:evilgrin:

lostaussie
09-18-2006, 07:30 PM
David Smoak reported on his radio show today that Moye was on the sideline during the Newton game. This is a guy who would not report this unless he had factual info. He also reported that Moye, at this time has not enrolled at Jasper High School. Here is my take. This kid is a great athlete, and I think he has been done a great injustice. I do not know what is happening nor do I pretend to. But whatever happens, I hope Gilbert Moye gets the chance to play football, and I do not care where it is that he plays. Good Luck Gilbert Moye, you deserve it:thumbsup:

Bulldog_12
09-18-2006, 07:59 PM
David Smoak reported on his radio show today that Moye was on the sideline during the Newton game. This is a guy who would not report this unless he had factual info. He also reported that Moye, at this time has not enrolled at Jasper High School. Here is my take. This kid is a great athlete, and I think he has been done a great injustice. I do not know what is happening nor do I pretend to. But whatever happens, I hope Gilbert Moye gets the chance to play football, and I do not care where it is that he plays. Good Luck Gilbert Moye, you deserve it:thumbsup:

I can guarantee you that Moye was NOT on the sideline during the Newton game.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I know this was covered before, but Moye's biggest problem was that he listened to some bad advice from some adults. Unfortunately he's the one paying the price for that bad advice.

lostaussie
09-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I can guarantee you that Moye was NOT on the sideline during the Newton game. this post from a jasper fan on the SETX website, which i must say i visit frequenly because it is a great site. and to back up what you said, it does not mention the game specifically. if i was wrong i certainly apologize.

I have several sources checking into it...apparently Gilbert was in Jasper this weekend and told several people that he was moving back to Jasper and would be able to play in two weeks. I have this from some solid sources. Now, I believe 100% that he said it, but cannot confirm that it will or is going to happen.

Bulldog_12
09-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I also forgot, to the original poster, he has not checked back into school at Jasper. It is all rumor as of right now, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Moye back in the Crimson and White before the season is over.:thumbsup:

Bulldog_12
09-18-2006, 08:12 PM
this post from a jasper fan on the SETX website, which i must say i visit frequenly because it is a great site. and to back up what you said, it does not mention the game specifically. if i was wrong i certainly apologize.

I have several sources checking into it...apparently Gilbert was in Jasper this weekend and told several people that he was moving back to Jasper and would be able to play in two weeks. I have this from some solid sources. Now, I believe 100% that he said it, but cannot confirm that it will or is going to happen.

He was in Jasper this weekend, but not on the sideline nor will he be able to play in 2 weeks seeing as he has not even checked in yet and he has to sit out for at least 15 days if his housing clears out.

shankbear
09-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I really did laugh my butt off when Bridge City shut out Jasper in the playoffs last year. 28-0 as I recall. They were outmatched and manhandled then. Not sure about either team this year. 4A Lumberton beat BC in a struggle last Friday. Jasper has struggled and Moye will definitely add to the team. Time will tell.

lostaussie
09-18-2006, 08:15 PM
He was in Jasper this weekend, but not on the sideline nor will he be able to play in 2 weeks seeing as he has not even checked in yet and he has to sit out for at least 15 days if his housing clears out. i wish him well and hope he makes it back to the playing field!!!!!!!

Bulldog_12
09-18-2006, 08:16 PM
i wish him well and hope he makes it back to the playing field!!!!!!!

I do too. I hope he makes it back. Always seemed like a good kid with a TON of talent. I really hope hes back with the Dawgs. :D

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
I really did laugh my butt off when Bridge City shut out Jasper in the playoffs last year. 28-0 as I recall. Glad we could make your day.:nerd:

j_dog
09-18-2006, 08:19 PM
I really did laugh my butt off when Bridge City shut out Jasper in the playoffs last year. .....
shankbear, you shock me with your reaction! :D :p
but the dogs don't forget... ;)

JHS_c/o_06'
09-18-2006, 08:22 PM
I can guarantee you that Moye was NOT on the sideline during the Newton game.

actually.....he was.....he was just in street clothes...as was i.

lostaussie
09-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
actually.....he was.....he was just in street clothes...as was i. :D:D..............just having fun

shankbear
BC will have to deal with that won't they? I won't. The road to the playoffs probably go through WO-S if all the pundits can be believed. Jasper will rebound a bit either with or without Moye. K'ville can't be counted out nor can HJ or BC. The battle will be for that 3rd spot probably. This is the folly of this bloated district realignment. Good teams will be sitting home.

Bulldog_12
actually.....he was.....he was just in street clothes...as was i.

at what point? after the game?

shankbear
09-18-2006, 08:27 PM
J_dog. You know me. It was more shock than anything else. I was wondering if the Jasper JV showed up that night. Who was that mystery team on the field? Jasper never quits and I know that and BC and all others in this doistrict had better remember that.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-18-2006, 08:40 PM
at what point? after the game?

Yeah.....it was when the teams shake hands at the end of the game

Bulldog_12
09-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah.....it was when the teams shake hands at the end of the game

Thats what I meant, he wasnt there for the actual game.

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 09:04 PM
I really did laugh my butt off when Bridge City shut out Jasper in the playoffs last year. 28-0 as I recall. They were outmatched and manhandled then. Not sure about either team this year. 4A Lumberton beat BC in a struggle last Friday. Jasper has struggled and Moye will definitely add to the team. Time will tell.

had a friend who return the favor when you guys got trucked by wimberly. I expect WO-S would like another shot at those guys this year.

shankbear
09-18-2006, 09:22 PM
That was when WO-S got trucked. I didn't get trucked by anybody. I am an island. I am a man without a team. an outcast free to follow whomever I want to follow. I prefer some teams over others and I detest a few. WO-S has history in our area and they are always talented. BC has been what I would characterize as FUN for the last few years. Never supposed to do much but they do. Orangefield....nah...not Orangefield. Nor Hamster Fannett.

I love Newton because they have tradition. I really want a REAL gane between Barbers Hill and WO-S. These coaches should get a pair of stones between them and get each other on the schedule.

Crimestick
09-18-2006, 09:23 PM
That was a loss in the semifinals last year to the eventual champs, right? I think we scored more than three times the season average against them. Fun game.
Jasper lost to BC, who lost in the following game (and lost to WO-S).
We both lost by the same margin, but we put up some points and made it a fight for a good while, at least.

shankbear
09-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Tell em 'stick the crimestopper. WO-S got hit hard early in that game and had to play serious catchup. That only works on french fries.

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 09:35 PM
That was when WO-S got trucked. I didn't get trucked by anybody. I am an island. I am a man without a team. an outcast free to follow whomever I want to follow. I prefer some teams over others and I detest a few. WO-S has history in our area and they are always talented. BC has been what I would characterize as FUN for the last few years. Never supposed to do much but they do. Orangefield....nah...not Orangefield. Nor Hamster Fannett.

I love Newton because they have tradition. I really want a REAL gane between Barbers Hill and WO-S. These coaches should get a pair of stones between them and get each other on the schedule.

Nobody disputing that WO-S was better than Jasper last year. Just jabbing back at Shank. Should have known better..WO-S posters are like Thompson's defense they swarm.

Crimestick
09-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Sorry... it's instilled ;)

shankbear
09-18-2006, 09:46 PM
I saw lcm play a good game against WO-S. WO can be beaten. Some team in the district will have to play their best for 4 quarters to do it. Not sure who it will be but I do not rule out Jasper as WO-Ss spoiler.

Crimestick
09-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Jasper certainly could do it, especially with a re-invigorated Moye at the helm (meaning 04 Moye, not 05 Moye). That Moye killed us. Last year's Moye helped us out a bit.

shankbear
09-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Just have to absolutely love Texas high school football.

Hupernikomen
09-18-2006, 10:14 PM
I saw lcm play a good game against WO-S. WO can be beaten. Some team in the district will have to play their best for 4 quarters to do it. Not sure who it will be but I do not rule out Jasper as WO-Ss spoiler.

Jasper's offense was Moye, Moye, Moye..for the 3 games he was there. It wasn't a pretty sight. The year before at least they had other weapons they tried to utilize.

Honestly, up until the BC game Jasper was looking very good offensively. For the life of me I still don't know what happened in that BC game other than we just simply got beat. Just didn't look like the same team that dominated Rusk and Sturns the week before.

shankbear
09-18-2006, 10:18 PM
They could have run the ball straight up but they stopped doing it. We couldn't figure that. BC was extremely weak in the middle. the defense took a nap too.

JasperDog94
09-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Jasper's offense was Moye, Moye, Moye..for the 3 games he was there. It wasn't a pretty sight. The year before at least they had other weapons they tried to utilize.

Honestly, up until the BC game Jasper was looking very good offensively. For the life of me I still don't know what happened in that BC game other than we just simply got beat. Just didn't look like the same team that dominated Rusk and Sturns the week before. QB had the flu all week and still wasn't feeling well. He looked like he was in slow motion the entire game.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-19-2006, 01:18 PM
QB had the flu all week and still wasn't feeling well. He looked like he was in slow motion the entire game.

Ive already tried to tell people a long time ago that the flu was going around the field house that week. But my respone from everyone else on the downlow was "quit making excuese, just because your high school football career is over doesnt give you a right to make excuses"

j_dog
09-19-2006, 05:42 PM
.....but I do not rule out Jasper as WO-Ss spoiler.
I do think that has happened a time or two. :) But not this year! ;)

j_dog
09-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Ive already tried to tell people a long time ago that the flu was going around the field house that week. But my respone from everyone else on the downlow was "quit making excuese, just because your high school football career is over doesnt give you a right to make excuses"
I don't think the flu was an excuse. It was a fact. True, all the talk in the world will not change the game outcome, but neither was the game necessarily a good indicator of the future...... It was simply a bad night for the J Dogs. A very bad night. Now let's make sure all the Dogs get their flu shots this year! :cool:

mwynn05
09-19-2006, 05:54 PM
That seems to be the inaccurate perception of a few people around here. WO-S got a lot of attention from pollsters when they moved down. That's typical for a team who has been successful in one classification moving down to the lower classification. So much of the hype was NOT coming from the WO-S fans who post here (with the exception of one rabid fan named...well, nevermind). That's what seems to be forgotten. We were not the ones fueling this hype. I can speak for the majority of the WO-S posters who frequent here...we didn't THEN, and we still don't think NOW that we're unbeatable. We take our humble pie just like everyone else. Wimberley was clearly a better team than us last year, and they deserved their state championship. Yeah, you would know you were here back then since you registered in 2004...dont feed me that bs...there were wos posters on here who though it was in the bag and wos hasnt won crap since they've been down

griff
09-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Yeah, you would know you were here back then since you registered in 2004...dont feed me that bs...there were wos posters on here who though it was in the bag and wos hasnt won crap since they've been down

I didn't register until 2005, but I started READING posts on this site well before then. I remember what was being said here. In fact, I waited more than a year before logging on because I didn't like the way some people on this board were talking down to WO-S people, and most of it was unprovoked. There is ONE guy who kept bragging, and he did the same thing on other boards, but he did not and does not represent the majority of the WO-S fans who chat on this site. I'll repeat...we didn't then, nor do we now think we're unbeatable. Is that good enough for you? It isn't a stretch for the pollsters to think a team that had success in one classification would continue that if they dropped down. It's happened plenty of times. Anyway, we don't create the rankings.

What is your problem, anyway? Lighten up, man.