PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Game of the Week (3): Liberty Hill @ Cuero

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2006, 12:51 AM
The Liberty Hill Panthers (dist 18) will be in Cuero (dist 29), FRIDAY NIGHT, 7:30 to play the Gobblers.

The Panthers were DII regional semifinalists in 2005, losing a heartbreaker ( :( ) to the Gobblers. They return 3/7 starters from 2005 and are 3-0 to date with wins over Waco Connally, long-time rival Burnet (4A) and Gatesville. QB Thomas Perrin is back to lead the "monster" attack, after missing almost all of 2005 with leg injuries. RB's Doug Allman, Brent Bode & Sammy Post complete the "monster", but share time with others. Can the Panthers avenge the 2005 playoff loss and bring home the win?

The Gobblers were 2005 DII semifinalists, return 8/7, and are 3-0 as well with wins over Sinton, Stafford and Bandera. QB Kyle Noack returns for the Gobblers after a very impressive 2005 season. Other offensive notables include Stefon Hargrove (FB), Fabian Olguin (TB) and Tre Gray (WR). The defense looks to be strong again as well. Many of the Gobbler players also were part of the 2006 state track championship team. Can the Gobblers keep the winning streak going against the Panthers?

Thoughts? Predictions?

AggieJohn
09-18-2006, 12:52 AM
thanks for the bold timing...

TheDOCTORdre
09-18-2006, 12:52 AM
this game was a homer pick lol:D :D

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
this game was a homer pick lol:D :D
It wasn't my first choice, but the "masses" spoke. ;)

Boosty_Hondo
09-18-2006, 03:45 AM
if it was a homer its still should be the game of the week it is going to be a good game

DU_stud04
09-18-2006, 09:37 AM
lh by 2 touchdowns!!!(hopefully) :D

GOFOR2
09-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Cuero 84
Liberty Hill 10

J/K

Bullaholic
09-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Don't think that LH will be able to score as fast as the Gobblers, so I'm gonna say Cuero 42-35 or so, and LH 28-21. I think the Gobblers are better overall.

zeus63
09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Despite Liberty Hills very impressive performance against Gatesville, I have to go with Cuero. Not sure if there is anybody that stop these guys this year short of SLC

MagicMan
09-18-2006, 12:34 PM
i have a feeling LH's corners are in for a long night...im not sure if there are any in the state that can hang with our recievers...as for LH's running attack....everyone was saying the same thing about last years LH team how they cant be stopped and cuero did just fine and pulled a win out and this years defense is better and faster...so i say cuero by 3 touchdowns

MagicMan
09-18-2006, 12:35 PM
i hope it is a shootout though that would also be good but like i said i think cuero's team overall is about 3 touchdowns better than LH

crabman
09-18-2006, 01:01 PM
We need one of those Cuero-Wharton matchups. 56-55 or something like that.

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Better get the ambulances lined up now, because I think a few of us might have heart failure. ;)

raider red 2000
09-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by crabman

last year's wasnt that high scoring.

and 3 years ago in the playoffs...was agood one too. blocked field goal at the end.

good luck to both teams....hopefully yall stay injury free.

if i have to pick...i will go with the fighten chickens....that is where my wife is from.

piratebg
09-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Cuero by 2tds. The Gobblers are gonna keep on rollin.

EricDraven
09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Bet this one will be a classic, but taking Cuero at home. Gobble, gobble.

BHBrave08
09-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Cuero will take this one just because of experience. It will be a really good game though.

Cuero - 35
LH - 27

greenpride
09-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Cuero will make this game their statement game. Starters will play most of the game and set the tone for the rest of the season.

MagicMan
09-18-2006, 04:21 PM
coach reeve needs to let the starters play at least 3 quarters in every game this season no matter what the score is just so they can be prepared for the playoffs when they will most likely have to play the entire game. last season there was only one or two games they had to play 4 quarters and then they got to hutto and it seemed like they werent conditioned enough to finish the game.

marlin fan
09-18-2006, 07:37 PM
No prediction or sidetaking!! good luck to both teams!!! :inlove:

gobbler grad
09-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Gotta go with the Gobblers...should be settled by less than 10 pts.
All that running could wear the defense down...just can't let them get 3 or 4 yds. every time they touch the ball...26-21 Gobblers

just hurry up Friday and let's watch a great game...hope everyone stays healthy...and drive safe...:wave:

44INAROW
09-18-2006, 09:12 PM
GO MEAN GREEN :)

The Kracken
09-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Not sure that Liberty Hill can run with Cuero and if they go to the air I see Cuero getting up big early and its just gonna be hard to come back against Cuero's defense

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2006, 10:03 PM
I could say a lot of things about last year & what happened with the team's mentality before we ever arrived in Kyle, but what's the point? The one thing I will say is that if you lose your mental edge beforehand, then it's difficult to overcome once the game starts. It might not have mattered in the long run, but it dang sure doesn't help any team. The rest just sounds like excuses, and there's honestly no excuses. WE GOT BEAT. And we put the fork in it last year. ;)

Now, for this year's team...I haven't said a lot about them because frankly, it was easier for me to talk them up when it was only other people's kids out there. This group of kids is not the same group that people are accustomed to reading/hearing about. A few returning starters may be the same names, but almost all are in new positions this season.....positions which seem to fit the team quite well.

Our best chance (IMO) is to stick with what we do best. I have ideas about why we didn't last year, but it doesn't matter. If we try to force the pass at the wrong time, we may see some of the same results....interceptions. We have to play grind-'em-out football. The OL has got to make the holes for the backs. I will say our defense is improved, mainly because of the numbers we return there. The defense has got to their jobs every single play. We can in no way match the Gobblers in the overall speed department, so execution is crucial for the defense.

Here's hoping for an injury free game! GO PANTHERS!

gobbler93
09-18-2006, 10:04 PM
ya forgot about another one of our key player #40 quincey whittington. He played a key role in our run for state last year.

HipposGitErDun
09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Though I have still not become accustomed to LH being in our district, I always pull for the teams in our district to prevail. So, I will be pulling for the Panthers to win this game, but after playing both last year, taking in to account the graduation losses from each team, I have to think the the Gobblers are going to be too much for LH. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to and from the game.

SideBurnWillie
09-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Who are you kidding Cuero by 2 td's and a safety.

gobble_up03
09-19-2006, 12:14 AM
GOOOO MEEAANNNNNN GREEENNNN!!!!!!

bulldogman06
09-19-2006, 12:34 AM
This game is gonna be awesome, I wish i could see it. But in Cuero, I have to go with the Gobblas.

SideBurnWillie
09-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Go Cuero, Go Cuero, State Champs in 06, Bhuya!

GreenGobbla
09-19-2006, 03:21 AM
i think cuero is going to win by 2 tds...

BBYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

JT44
09-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan
coach reeve needs to let the starters play at least 3 quarters in every game this season no matter what the score is just so they can be prepared for the playoffs when they will most likely have to play the entire game. last season there was only one or two games they had to play 4 quarters and then they got to hutto and it seemed like they werent conditioned enough to finish the game.

I think that's what a lot of people in Cuero are thinking

Gobbla2001
09-19-2006, 10:16 AM
LHPM said it all when she said "stick to what they do best"

Last year in the playoffs the final score was 42-14... LH had over 300 rushing yards... A lot of it had to do with them getting good starts to drives, but Cuero nuttin' up, but the other problem was them getting good drives started on the run, getting stuffed on afirst down and then going to the air... that really wasn't there style last year and I think that hurt... but they still got their yards in, Cuero just stood up to the challenge when they had to...

As for Cuero we really haven't been going all-out yet... as Reeve said in an interview with the Victoria Advocate "I'd like us to peek around bi-district... they've been running a lot of different stuff with the regular "Noack to Gray" long-bomb once a game...

The defense is going to have to punch Liberty Hill in the mouth early, but keep punchin' by-gawd because that offense they run up there is designed to CONTINUE producing no matter how tired the players are (and it seems they do not get tired)...

I say Cuero 42, Liberty Hill 35 (pissed off Gatesville fan runs on to field and tackles one of the LH RB's while he is about to score a for-sure TD as the time runs out... The Cuero defense, realizing how blessed they just were, plays with the most determination ever and stops LH on a TD try given to them because of a Hornet fan's stupidity)

Gobbla2001
09-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla

BBYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"Then we gunna go into the oval office, BBYYYAAAAAAAAAAA"

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
(and it seems they do not get tired)...
That my friend, is definitely one of our strengths. :)

Gobbla2001
09-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That my friend, is definitely one of our strengths. :)

Yah, but do they play their games at an elevation of 5,000 feet??? ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Yah, but do they play their games at an elevation of 5,000 feet??? ;)
Only on Feb 29 of non-leap years. :D

Gobbla2001
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Only on Feb 29 of non-leap years. :D

same here, I was just wondering :p

44INAROW
09-19-2006, 11:48 AM
they've been running a lot of different stuff with the regular "Noack to Gray" long-bomb once a game...

I'm telling you, watch out for our "secret weapon" that's all I am saying :D :D :D

I seriously hope it is a good, clean, injury-free game!

GO MEAN GREEN :)

Gobbla2001
09-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'm telling you, watch out for our "secret weapon" that's all I am saying :D :D :D

is it that pissed off Gatesville fan???

44INAROW
09-19-2006, 11:50 AM
is it that pissed off Gatesville fan???

ROFL.. nope - I ain't telling :D :)

Gobbla2001
09-19-2006, 11:56 AM
ROFL.. nope - I ain't telling :D :)

What 44 won't say:

Pissed off Gatesville fan...

garciap77
09-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Cuero by 14 if they take out the starters! If not maybe by 28 if they try to run the points! Gobblers just to much for LH.

Gobbler Fan
09-19-2006, 03:15 PM
RKTech
Post #25
Re: POLL: LH vs Cuero Reply
I think that the deciding factor in this game (vs. last years) will be the LH defense, not some untangible like "home field advantage". Focused players see the same hash marks on "their" field as our field, its the same length and width..etc. Some are even motivated to push harder when they feel the opposing team taunting them and yelling for their team if for nothing else than to shut them up... I'm respectfully calling BS on "home field advantage".. Thats a cop-out by pundants who have no good reason to justify their opinion.

The LH offense will grind out 3-4 yards a carry and make first downs and eat clock as usual. But the pressure on the Cuero quarter back will make a decided difference between last years playoff meeting and this one. He may make just one or two uncharacteristic mistakes just as Burnet and Gatesvilles' did (ok Gatesville made a couple more than that). Their timing could be thrown off in handling the ball, lanes may be not as clean as they were last year.. Maybe I am wrong and he will not get enough pressure, but for sure, he will get more than he got last year.. and it only takes a few times to really see things unravel.

Just as Burnet's normal passing scheme turned upside down on them because of pressure, (I know.. I know.. some of you believe Cullen's game was just off... well wonder why?)I would look to see Cuero's passing game be less productive than usual as well. If they stay with us it will be because they ran the ball well too..and I don't see that happening either.

I also noted that Burnet ran up way more points on LH last year than Cuero did and I don't think its because Cuero pulled off sooner than Burnet, not in a playoff game. The difference this year is ALL Defense. Cuero... be scared!

Panthers by 10 or more.

Posted on 9/19 2:20 PM | IP: Logged

From TexasPrepXtra

We don't have a chance ....lol;)

44INAROW
09-19-2006, 03:20 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: I just got a shiver down my spine :D :D

JT44
09-19-2006, 03:50 PM
cuero's home field advantage will be evident to the fans and players. At most of the home games, one of the visitors sections is filled with gobbler fans. I'm sure the stadium will be packed on friday
Home field can hurt you and help you.

How well does LH travel? they were well represented at the playoff game last year

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
RKTech
Post #25
Cuero... be scared!

Panthers by 10 or more.

From TexasPrepXtra

:doh: :doh:

Gobbler Fan
09-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I added we*Cuero* don't have a chance :D

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I added we*Cuero* don't have a chance :D
I know. :D It's the "Cuero...be very scared" that gets me. :doh: :doh: :doh:

MagicMan
09-19-2006, 04:19 PM
51-18 seems accurate. i'll give LH 3 tds but there will be no two point conversions this time.

44INAROW
09-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by JT44

How well does LH travel? they were well represented at the playoff game last year

I have been to 2 LH games.. LH vs Devine on a Saturday afternoon and LH vs Cuero on a Friday night - both times, Liberty Hill was WELL represented by fans - There was one particular Panther Fan in a purple shirt that stood up the entire game and kept ringing her cow bell...... :) :D :D

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2006, 05:47 PM
I have been to 2 LH games.. LH vs Devine on a Saturday afternoon and LH vs Cuero on a Friday night - both times, Liberty Hill was WELL represented by fans - There was one particular Panther Fan in a purple shirt that stood up the entire game and kept ringing her cow bell...... :) :D :D
ROFL! Touche... :D

We actually travel better after a round or two in the playoffs, than we do for regular away games. I was a bit disappointed in our crowd at Waco Connally. But, since we have a lot of volleyball particpants and their families that have games, that takes away quite a bit of what we would have at home. I'm trying to "drum up" some extra fans. :D ;)

LHMom
09-19-2006, 07:45 PM
I'll be there LHPM - with cowbell!

LHMom
09-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I could say a lot of things about last year & what happened with the team's mentality before we ever arrived in Kyle, but what's the point? The one thing I will say is that if you lose your mental edge beforehand, then it's difficult to overcome once the game starts. It might not have mattered in the long run, but it dang sure doesn't help any team. The rest just sounds like excuses, and there's honestly no excuses. WE GOT BEAT. And we put the fork in it last year. ;)

Now, for this year's team...I haven't said a lot about them because frankly, it was easier for me to talk them up when it was only other people's kids out there. This group of kids is not the same group that people are accustomed to reading/hearing about. A few returning starters may be the same names, but almost all are in new positions this season.....positions which seem to fit the team quite well.

Our best chance (IMO) is to stick with what we do best. I have ideas about why we didn't last year, but it doesn't matter. If we try to force the pass at the wrong time, we may see some of the same results....interceptions. We have to play grind-'em-out football. The OL has got to make the holes for the backs. I will say our defense is improved, mainly because of the numbers we return there. The defense has got to their jobs every single play. We can in no way match the Gobblers in the overall speed department, so execution is crucial for the defense.

Here's hoping for an injury free game! GO PANTHERS!

Being in the other boat - having a son on defense for each of the last 5 seasons, and not having anyone on the team this year - I do believe the defense is stronger than we've seen other than possibly the '02 season. (And by the say LHPM had a son on defense that year also!) Defending the pass has always been our weakest link on defense and this week will be a big test. The offense looks good - not quite the "machine" of Kociuba and Escamilla yet, but darn good. Our QB is a calm, strong leader.

Panthers in a very tight one.

SintonFan
09-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I'll be there LHPM - with cowbell!
I STILL have a headache from yalls cowbells!:D
Ouch!;)

SintonFan
09-19-2006, 08:35 PM
RKTech
Post #25
I think that the deciding factor in this game (vs. last years) will be the LH defense, not some untangible like "home field advantage". Focused players see the same hash marks on "their" field as our field, its the same length and width..etc. Some are even motivated to push harder when they feel the opposing team taunting them and yelling for their team if for nothing else than to shut them up... I'm respectfully calling BS on "home field advantage".. Thats a cop-out by pundants who have no good reason to justify their opinion.

The LH offense will grind out 3-4 yards a carry and make first downs and eat clock as usual. But the pressure on the Cuero quarter back will make a decided difference between last years playoff meeting and this one. He may make just one or two uncharacteristic mistakes just as Burnet and Gatesvilles' did (ok Gatesville made a couple more than that). Their timing could be thrown off in handling the ball, lanes may be not as clean as they were last year.. Maybe I am wrong and he will not get enough pressure, but for sure, he will get more than he got last year.. and it only takes a few times to really see things unravel.

Just as Burnet's normal passing scheme turned upside down on them because of pressure, (I know.. I know.. some of you believe Cullen's game was just off... well wonder why?)I would look to see Cuero's passing game be less productive than usual as well. If they stay with us it will be because they ran the ball well too..and I don't see that happening either.

I also noted that Burnet ran up way more points on LH last year than Cuero did and I don't think its because Cuero pulled off sooner than Burnet, not in a playoff game. The difference this year is ALL Defense. Cuero... be scared!

Panthers by 10 or more.

From TexasPrepXtra

You're kidding right? Not you...*chuckles* but whoever posted this. Sinton had great pressure on Cuero but Noack kept it steady in the pocket and on the run and made some accurate throws at the last possible second. It's gonna be very tough for LH to put more pressure on him than I saw. It's the running game for LH that'll be the difference in this game. If they can get four yards a pop then they will have an upset in the making. Watch out there though as Reeve will spend lots of time with the kids defending the run in practice. This game has all the makings of an instant classic and I think the score will reflect that. I'll say LH will win this by four points in the upset of the week.:)

gobblerfan02
09-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
You're kidding right? Not you...*chuckles* but whoever posted this. Sinton had great pressure on Cuero but Noack kept it steading in the pocket and on the run and made some accurate throws at the last possible second. It's gonna be very tough for LH to put more pressure on him than I saw. It's the running game for LH that'll be the difference in this game. If they can get four yards a pop then they will have an upset in the making. Watch out there though as Reeve will spend lots of time with the kids defending the run in practice. This game has all the makings of an instant classic and I think the score will reflect that. I'll say LH will win this by four points in the upset of the week.:) Traitor....jk!
Good luck to both teams...im really hoping to be there...darn work! I think I'm calling in sick for the afternoon with a "bug!"

JT44
09-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Cuero spent time in the spring implementing new packages for run defense. I have yet to see these defensive packages run but maybe two -three times this year. I think it was obvious that the run defense was the weak link of the gobblers last year.

Gobbla2001
09-20-2006, 11:01 AM
From the Cuero Record

Liberty Hill has play-off look

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:20 AM CDT

The Gobblers' fourth game of the season will be against Liberty Hill's Panthers here Friday at 7:30 p.m.

Cuero and Liberty Hill met last year at quarter-finals with the Gobblers taking a decisive 42-14 win.

The Panthers went 10-3 in 2005 and are returning three offensive and seven defensive players from that squad. Among those is a quarterback who missed most of last season with a broken leg. Another is a 6'7” tightend that is a Div. I college prospect.

“Offensively, they seem to be in play-off season form,” said Gobbler Head Coach Mark Reeve. “On film they look like they are ready for the second or third play-off game.”

“They get out of the gate fast on offense and they blitz a lot on defense,” he added. “They are playing as good as anybody in the state.”

Scoring an average of 49 points a game, the Panthers have defeated Gatesville, Burnet and Waco Connally. Their defense is giving up only 15 points per game.

As they were against Cuero last year, LH is a running team. “They all run,” said Coach Reeve. “If you don't have a great plan for them, you will be in trouble.” He said the Panthers only threw the ball one time in their 84-10 win over Gatesville last week.

Gobbla2001
09-20-2006, 11:03 AM
RKTech
Post #25

Panthers by 10 or more.

From TexasPrepXtra

BRILLIANT...

tigerpride_08
09-20-2006, 12:10 PM
i hope liberty hill pulls it out but i think cuero might be to much...

greenpride
09-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Hopefully someone that has a radio broadcast and is by the computer, will keep all of us that can't make it to the game updated as it is played. Maybe there will be an internet broadcast.......anyone know?

Sounds like the people in the stands are ready for this one to start now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
09-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Traitor....jk!
Good luck to both teams...im really hoping to be there...darn work! I think I'm calling in sick for the afternoon with a "bug!"
How can I be a "traitor"? I asked LHPM if she needed help rooting for her team this week and I delivered.:inlove:

footballgal
09-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Go... TEAM! :clap: Beat the other TEAM!

(it's hard to pick against either one)

GreenMachine
09-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I agree with greenpride, I think Cuero wants to make a statement. We played a tough Sinton defense and a scrappy Bandera team. And although I have a ton of respect for the LH team, I think Cuero is too much. Cuero by 3 tds.

SintonFan
09-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I agree with greenpride, I think Cuero wants to make a statement. We played a tough Sinton defense and a scrappy Bandera team. And although I have a ton of respect for the LH team, I think Cuero is too much. Cuero by 3 tds.
BLAH!!!!!!
You're just saying that because you think Cuero's good or something.:D
Liberty Hill by FOUR points! Nyuh!:p

rodeo-rider
09-20-2006, 10:32 PM
heck, I think LH has a good chance...think half the the starters maybe hurt and not able to play...could be alot closer than some people think...still Cuero by 17...:D

GreenMachine
09-20-2006, 10:39 PM
We're not hitting on all cylinders yet, but when we do :eek:

Chris Hart
09-20-2006, 10:58 PM
I think LH pulls the shocker in this one 34- 31

I'm gonna try and make this game if all goes as planned...:)

LHPfactory
09-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Noack will be picked off and the gobblers wore down --- The Hill by 3 TDs....:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
The Hill by 3 TDs....:clap: :clap:
:doh: :doh:

Welcome to the Downlow! :)

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
That would be awesome, if you can! :)

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Hurry up tomorrow... hopefully my drive to Rockport after the game will be a happy one...

greenpride
09-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Long ride home for Liberty Hill. Cuero will show LH what a balanced attack is all about. Stout defense will stack the line and lower the boom on the "who has the ball" offense run by the Panthers.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by greenpride
Long ride home for Liberty Hill. Cuero will show LH what a balanced attack is all about. Stout defense will stack the line and lower the boom on the "who has the ball" offense run by the Panthers.

shut up them boys don't need any more motivation than they've already got (42-14)...

but other than that, Go Gobblers!!!

JT44
09-21-2006, 02:26 PM
hope the gobblers are motivated, this will be playoff atmosphere and competition
this isn't one of the regular season games were you can start slow and be okay, both teams will have to come out clicking

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 02:42 PM
I agree....playoff atmosphere. It will be ccrrraaaazzzyy! Go Gobblers! :thumbsup:

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Easy gobbla2001, I doubt either team needs to get pumped up for this game. Beleive me, I have talked to several Cuero players and they know they're in for a dogfight.

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 05:42 PM
I would like to wish safe travel for all LH players and fans. :)

greenpride
09-21-2006, 09:00 PM
We all know LH will bring their best on Friday night. They have too good of a coach to let anything else but that happen. Cuero needs to focus at the task on hand and set in motion the push for the rest of the season. Here's to a great game, both teams come out healthy and have long productive seasons.

greenpride
09-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Do you have that board covered tonight GreenMachine?

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Trying :D

greenpride
09-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Make sure your cell phone is charged so you can give me updates on the game. Hopefully it will be hard for me to hear you - cuero being loud and supporting the MeanGreen!!!!!

LHPfactory
09-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by greenpride

ok....

I will admit the Cuero team is a well oiled machine, however, if you throw a box of wrenches in to the works , gears jam, coils unravel, etc...... we are bringen the tool box...:devil:

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 09:20 PM
I hear ya. Hopefully the stands will be rocking. I will have cell phone and keep you updated. I'll give you a call b-4 the game.

greenpride
09-21-2006, 09:22 PM
No harm meant. Just my thought. If you played football and it was this hyped, you know the team that comes out on the short end will not be in a good mood. Did you want me to root against my home team or what? Good luck to both teams. Here's to a well officiated game and safe travels.

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Good clean fun! You bring the tool box....We got the MACHINE!!

LHPfactory
09-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Greenpride,

I hear u, I did play and enjoy, no love the the game and competition. Its all in fun, no fence taken and hopefully none given. Im gonna make the treck and be back in time to coach my oldest sons pop warner team in austin at 8:00am.... Hope I have a voice left after this gladiator slug fest... best to u and the gobblers,,,, i mean second best to yall...... :)

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey, ya'll have a safe trip and good luck in your sons game! How old is your son? We might have sons playing against each other one day.

LHPfactory
09-21-2006, 09:43 PM
my oldest is 7, then 5, then 4 and the 1, and then...no thats it.... :) .

My 7yoa is qb and lb..... he is quite a player for his age,,not just saying it cause im dad, the umpire told the head coach that #55 (my boy) is one of the best players at this level he has officiated.. yup that makes me proud... and you probably know why my screen name is LHPfactory now.....;)

GreenMachine
09-21-2006, 09:56 PM
My youngest is 9, so maybe. I have another one that is 10. I bet you are proud, and man you have a house full.

44INAROW
09-21-2006, 10:01 PM
my oldest is 7, then 5, then 4 and the 1, and then...no thats it.... :) .

My 7yoa is qb and lb..... he is quite a player for his age,,not just saying it cause im dad, the umpire told the head coach that #55 (my boy) is one of the best players at this level he has officiated.. yup that makes me proud... and you probably know why my screen name is LHPfactory now.....;)

wow - you are just starting your adventures. LUCKY YOU :) Believe me, treasure the moments, I speak from experience. My "baby" is graduating this year and it just doesn't seem possible.. I've had a son in a gobbler uniform since Sept of 1989 - and this is my last year - and I wouldn't trade 1 minute of the dragging home @ 1:30 @ night, countless miles put on the car, homework at all hours of the night, cold pizza, and washing clothes @ 1:30 AM for anything in the world..... priceless memories :)

LHMom
09-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I think LH pulls the shocker in this one 34- 31

Hope to see you there, Chris. And hope you're right on for the score!

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2006, 10:02 PM
#55 (my boy)
That's a GREAT number! :D

LHMom
09-21-2006, 10:05 PM
wow - you are just starting your adventures. LUCKY YOU :) Believe me, treasure the moments, I speak from experience. My "baby" is graduating this year and it just doesn't seem possible.. I've had a son in a gobbler uniform since Sept of 1989 - and this is my last year - and I wouldn't trade 1 minute of the dragging home @ 1:30 @ night, countless miles put on the car, homework at all hours of the night, cold pizza, and washing clothes @ 1:30 AM for anything in the world..... priceless memories :)

You just had to remind me, didn't you, 44? I'm still trying to get used to not having one of my boys on team. It's still tough at times, but I'm there screaming for the Panthers and ringing my cowbell.

Good luck tomorrow, Panthers! BEAT THE GOBBLERS!

rundoe
09-21-2006, 10:08 PM
This Liberty Hill Team has no single stars, they play as a team and it shows on the field. Their determination is obvious.
If theres a team out there to look out for, its these guys.
Don't underestimate them. Speed has not stopped them , power has not stopped them. They will keep coming at you. They will play their game to the end and adjust when necessary.

LHPfactory
09-21-2006, 10:17 PM
I've had a son in a gobbler uniform since Sept of 1989 - and this is my last year - . priceless memories :)

I graduated May of 89 and kids were the last thing on my mind at that time (which flys), They are always on my mind now.
Wow you are an experienced parent. I will take your advice, they are my treasures and so for the oldest three love football like me. Enjoy the final season (all the way through December) im sure you have tons of awsome memories....:cool:

chubbed_up
09-21-2006, 10:21 PM
cuero by a long shot, consistency wins...i cant believe this was game of the week

44INAROW
09-21-2006, 10:23 PM
yea - we will be in the stands next year cheering on the next crop :) I guess since I have 10 and 5 yr old granddaughters, we'll be watching girls basketball and volleyball and cheerleading in the future :) Life goes on - thank heavens my son plays baseball and golf ( so I don't have to quit Cold Turkey (excuse the pun lol) - maybe just golf this year.. the two schedules conflict - but either way, I'll have that to look forward too - :) Enjoy :p

44INAROW
09-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
cuero by a long shot, consistency wins...i cant believe this was game of the week

Hi there Chubbed Up - Giving the Gobblers some love all the way from Houston :inlove: :inlove: :D :D :) :) :)

chubbed_up
09-21-2006, 10:28 PM
doing what i can... a lot of me is left on that field and i still have a lot of boys out there to cheer for...i wish i could make a game but we have 12 straight til thanksgiving so i will be attending some playoff games hopefully

KingRob
09-22-2006, 03:27 AM
Man I sure wish I could be at this one. Sounds like it's going to be a great game, and I would love to chow down with the Cueroites at the Longhorn.

I think Cuero will dominate a lot more than people think, and they're at home.

Survey says:
Cuero - 34
Liberty Hill - 14

Let's go CUERO!

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2006, 08:32 AM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/katze7.gif http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/cooked_turkeydance.gif

pirate4state
09-22-2006, 08:37 AM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/katze7.gif http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/cooked_turkeydance.gif :clap: LOL!!!

Good Luck!!

gobbler grad
09-22-2006, 10:16 AM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/katze7.gif http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/cooked_turkeydance.gif

now that's funny...:clap:

twobills
09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
HA!!!! I hear ya H-Town.........A big part of me is also left on the field....I guess its somewhat hitting me that I no longer live in Cuero Tx..anymore but some..Good Memories!!!...The guys will do fine im behind them 100%......Go Gobblers...!!! ...See ya maybe around thanksgiving also got 11 straight!!!! Thanks and Gig Em'..

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Everyone have a safe trip to the game. I pray there are no injuries.

Panther players - you believe in yourselves and each other & we believe in all of you. Now's the time to hold the rope, show 'em what you've got and leave it all on the field. No regrets, boys!

Panther fans - get there early, wear purple and most of all BE LOUD! GO CATS!!!!

GreenGobbla
09-22-2006, 01:32 PM
good luck everyone....

cuero 38

liberty hill 17

Gobbler Fan
09-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Seem's like we have ourselves a poet of sort's on the oldcoach board .

Roy Hobbs

Member Is Online

Mood: Me so Ho-Knee!

posted on 9-22-2006 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

To the Barney song:

I love you, you love me,
we'll whip some white trash green turkey,
with a great big smile and a kiss from me to you.
Cuero town will soon be screwed.

lmao classic :clap:

44INAROW
09-22-2006, 02:21 PM

Roy Hobbs

Member Is Online

To the Barney song:

I love you, you love me,

that is comical for sure :D

MagicMan
09-22-2006, 02:27 PM

Roy Hobbs

Member Is Online

To the Barney song:

I love you, you love me,

i believe it. cuero has a few players who think they dont need to focus on this game. its sad. its seem like the leadership on this time has disappeared. LH in a heartbreaker.

pirate4state
09-22-2006, 02:28 PM

To the Barney song:

I love you, you love me,

:eek: ROFLMAO!! Sorry, but that is pretty funny!! :D

Gobbla2001
09-22-2006, 03:35 PM

To the Barney song:

I love you, you love me,

Must have read my poem, which was bestess :p

White trash green turkey? ha... funny in many ways