PDA

View Full Version : Region III Game of the Week (3): Giddings @ Hutto

ILS1
09-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Who wins this game?

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Hutto because they are in the same district as Rockdale.

Paratrooper
09-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Got to go with the Hippo's

Cameron Crazy
09-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Got to go with the Hippo's Same here.

Crimestick
09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Giddings needs to incorporate some passing into their offense. Better teams will not lose to a one-dimensional attack. That's what happened to them in the postseason last year. I'm going Hutto.

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Giddings needs to incorporate some passing into their offense. Better teams will not lose to a one-dimensional attack. That's what happened to them in the postseason last year. I'm going Hutto. They have no recievers to throw to anymore.

ILS1
09-17-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm going with the Hippos as well.

:D

Pudlugger
09-17-2006, 09:03 PM
I'll take giddings by a little.:D

Gobbler Fan
09-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Gidding's in this one

gold_33
09-17-2006, 09:14 PM
If Hutto can stop Fitzhenry then they have a chance but if he has a big day they win. I think Giddings wins this one but closer than the experts think.

hutex04
09-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Giddings by a touchdown, but im routin for the hippos :D go hutto!

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Giddings wins this one w/ a late 4thQ safety then just holds onto the ball and runs the clock out.

bank on it. :D

Bull19
09-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Giddings wins this one w/ a late 4thQ safety then just holds onto the ball and runs the clock out.

bank on it. :D

SOUNDS LIKE UVE DONE UR RESEARCH ON THIS ONE,,,,SO IM GUNNA HAVE TO AGREE UR SCENERIO.

GIDDINGS BY 2

tiger_94
09-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Giddings

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2006, 12:24 AM
The Giddings Buffaloes (dist 23) will travel to Hutto (dist 18) FRIDAY NIGHT, 7:30 to play the Hippos.

The Buffs finished the 2005 season as DI quarterfinalists, return 6/6 starters and are 3-0 in 2006 with impressive wins over Wimberley, Houston Kashmere (4A) and Hempstead (2A). Many people think QB Brock Fitzhenry is actually a RB, due to the large rushing yards he puts up. (If memory serves me correctly, he had 7 rushing TD's in one game in 2005. :eek: ) Can the Buffaloes pull off the win against the tough Hippos?

The Hippos were the 2005 DII finalists, return 5/4 starters and are also 3-0 in 2006 with equally impressive wins over Dripping Springs (4A), Elgin (4A) and Gonzales. TCU verbal commit Jeremy Kerley leads the Hippos at QB. Shiloh Wampler is back at the RB spot, as is LB Dylan Martinez (184 tackles in 2005). Can the Hippos continue the undefeated streak and beat the Buffs?

Thoughts? Predictions?

add'l info/poll (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=50781)

TheDOCTORdre
09-18-2006, 12:27 AM
when is this one being played?

pirate4state
09-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
when is this one being played? ask AJ

sabre1
09-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Ya'll must be the same guys who picked Wimberley over Giddings. Didin't ya'll learn the last time.

Tiger WR who cares if Hutto is in the same district with Rockdale, and so what if Giddings is one dimensional, when you can rack up 450+ yards a game, i'll take it.

And If Hutto can stop Fitzhenry they have a good shot at winning. That is like saying if I would have it that golfball a little longer and straighter it would have been a good shot.

I'll show ya'll how dumb that statement sounds. "If Giddings can stop Kerely they have a good shot at winning."

Remember all you Hippo lovers, Hutto has only one offensive line man returning. Which was one of their main strengths.

Dogman_1969
09-18-2006, 07:30 AM
It'll be a good one. Everyone says if Hutto stops Fitzhenry and if Giddings stops Kerley this will happen.

What happens if both qb's miss the game? Who wins then????

Bearkat
09-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Buffalo's and Hippo's. Talk about the battle of the big boys. I think a buffalo would have an advantage over a hippo, but not in football. The Hippo's win this battle.

Bearkat
09-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Hutto wins the game.

ILS1
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm still not completely sold on Giddings yet!!! Seems like everyone is jumping on their bandwagon lately. They are one-dimentional with Fitzhenry being the coaches son getting all the carries and the limelight. Don't get me wrong,he's a very fast,gifted athlete but he tries to carry the team on his shoulders too much. He has two very talented backs behind him that don't get used very often. Their defense on the other hand is very solid and quick. Just because they beat a little less talented team than the previous year Wimberley by 3 TD's. Everyone is quick to annoint them the new kings!!!! If they can win their next 2 road games (Sept. 22nd)@ Hutto and (Sept.29th)@ Hewitt Midway they will make a believer out of me.

HipposGitErDun
09-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
when is this one being played?
Friday night 7:30 at Hutto. If you would like to SIT and watch the game, I suggest getting to the stadium by 6 or so. As far as the game is concerned, Hutto has to play much better than they did last week to hold off Giddings. We had 100 yards in penalties and missed quite a few tackles. A missed tackle against Giddings can easily result in a touchdown. Hutto lost all but one of their O-Line from last year, but the new group is progressing nicely. Hutto did lose 6-3 230 DE Howard Limuel last week with a knee injury that will keep him out 4 weeks. We could have used him against giddings. This game should be alot of fun.

Dogman_1969
09-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
I'm still not completely sold on Giddings yet!!! Seems like everyone is jumping on their bandwagon lately. They are one-dimentional with Fitzhenry being the coaches son getting all the carries and the limelight. Don't get me wrong,he's a very fast,gifted athlete but he tries to carry the team on his shoulders too much. He has two very talented backs behind him that don't get used very often. Their defense on the other hand is very solid and quick. Just because they beat a little less talented team than the previous year Wimberley by 3 TD's. Everyone is quick to annoint them the new kings!!!! If they can win their next 2 road games (Sept. 22nd)@ Hutto and (Sept.29th)@ Hewitt Midway they will make a believer out of me.

good point........

sweetwater07
09-18-2006, 11:05 AM
you can take it to the bank....Hutto wins by 21+..... Giddings is overrated this year.....along with sweetwater:D

sweetwater07
09-18-2006, 11:08 AM

thats a great point.....like you said whn they beat Hutto then i'll take them seriously...surprise suprise..the coaches son getting the ball most of the time...nooo..:rolleyes: ....sounds like hes trying to get his sons college education payed for..lol

Bullaholic
09-18-2006, 11:09 AM
I think Giddings has proven they are "for real" each week so far, and I think they will win over Hutto. They just look like a team who has it together early in the season and it will take a very good team to beat them. Hutto is a good team, but I don't think as good as Giddings at this point. Game predictions and .75 or so will get you a cup of coffee. :D

sicem74
09-18-2006, 02:07 PM
i dont care i hate both teams

tiger_94
09-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by sicem74

thats not very nice charles

HipposGitErDun
09-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Probably hate Gatesville too since they worked you over like Hutto did in the playoffs

Old Tiger
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Hutto

Pudlugger
09-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Giddings will win this on their ground game but it will be close. Maybe 3-7 points will be the margin of victory. This will be an exciting game however it turns out.:)

gobbler grad
09-18-2006, 07:55 PM
yeah, think Giddings can pull this out...maybe by 3 pts...

greenpride
09-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Saw Giddings play Wimberely to open the season. Not sure if Giddings is that good or if Wimberley is not as good as advertised. Giddings has speed all over the field but lacks size. Hutto is on their way to 4A and will have talent year in and out. Giddings wins this one in the 4th quarter.

sabre1
09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Just amazing about how much football you guys don't know. If ya'll knew anything about the option you would know that the defense depicts who carries the ball. If ya'll saw the Wimberely game you would have seen the fullback run all over the field, not the QB. It doesn't matter of the QB is the coaches son or not.

gold_33
09-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
Just amazing about how much football you guys don't know. If ya'll knew anything about the option you would know that the defense depicts who carries the ball. If ya'll saw the Wimberely game you would have seen the fullback run all over the field, not the QB. It doesn't matter of the QB is the coaches son or not.

Thats true that fullback is a hoss, what is he like 6'2 260 or something. With a guy like that what do you do on D really, do you load 8-men in the box to stop him, then Fitzhenry takes it to the outside and hes gone. I watched every Wimberley game last year and nobody was that fast and quick. Its hard to imagine anybody in 3A catching him from behind. So what do you on offense let the fullback get 5 yds a carry or load it up to stop him and give the QB the chance to break one? If Hutto has the answer then they win and my hats off to them cause the Texans had no answer.

SideBurnWillie
09-18-2006, 11:28 PM
crap this is a tough one. Hutto by 6 on a fumble return with no time left.

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
crap this is a tough one. Hutto by 6 on a fumble return with no time left.

haha I like hutto in this one...by 7 on a last minute drive

SideBurnWillie
09-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
haha I like hutto in this one...by 7 on a last minute drive

nope fumble return no time left

VOZS
09-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Hutto is very good but I think Hutto was better last year than they are this year because they had more experience on their OL. Giddings has been building over the last few years and has yet to peak. I don't worry too much about the lack of passing yards because they run the ball so well. There is not that big a difference between rushing for 200 and passing for 200 to get 400 total yards. 400 yards of offense is 400 yards of offense. Coach Fitzhenry is not trying to make a star out of his son. Would know because his son used to be my student aid. They are about as grounded a family as you can find. He gets so many carries because he runs the option about as well as a high school qb can. It will be a good game. Good luck Buffs......

LEROY
09-19-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't think running the ball for 4 quarters makes much difference if you have the backs and line to do it. LH 84---Gatesville 10. LH had 1 pass, and a mountain of rushing yards. If that gets me W's I'll take it all season long.

EAGLETOWN
09-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Giddings needs to incorporate some passing into their offense. Better teams will not lose to a one-dimensional attack. That's what happened to them in the postseason last year. I'm going Hutto.

The reason they lost against WOS is they put the ball on the ground to many times.

EAGLETOWN
09-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
you can take it to the bank....Hutto wins by 21+..... Giddings is overrated this year.....along with sweetwater:D

Giddings is under rated if you ask me.

EAGLETOWN
09-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
thats a great point.....like you said whn they beat Hutto then i'll take them seriously...surprise suprise..the coaches son getting the ball most of the time...nooo..:rolleyes: ....sounds like hes trying to get his sons college education payed for..lol

Get prepared to take them seriously Giddings by 21.

If you knew anything about the option it is a QB read offense.

He keeps the ball when he is supposed to, hence all of his yards.

It just happens that every body takes the dive or the pitch man.

It really does not matter how fast you are.

If you are a ball hog a defense can stop you when they only have to stop one person, but when the QB knows when to keep and when to give with his speed C-Ya.

In the games where they keyed on him the other two backs rushed for over a hundred a piece.

EAGLETOWN
09-19-2006, 04:03 PM

Like I posted earlier, he pitches and hands off when he is suppose to.

That is why they are hard to stop, if he just kept it all the time or dished it every time they would be easier to stop.

Don’t worry you will be a believer after the next 2 games.

EAGLETOWN
09-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by sabre1

Dats Right!!

EAGLETOWN
09-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Thats true that fullback is a hoss, what is he like 6'2 260 or something. With a guy like that what do you do on D really, do you load 8-men in the box to stop him, then Fitzhenry takes it to the outside and hes gone. I watched every Wimberley game last year and nobody was that fast and quick. Its hard to imagine anybody in 3A catching him from behind. So what do you on offense let the fullback get 5 yds a carry or load it up to stop him and give the QB the chance to break one? If Hutto has the answer then they win and my hats off to them cause the Texans had no answer.

They won’t have the answer either.

Giddings 42
Hutto 21

Old Tiger
09-19-2006, 04:05 PM
I say merge this w/ the sticky!

Old Tiger
You could honestly put 9 in the box on Giddings. They do not have the threat of passing this year like they did last year.

EAGLETOWN
Originally posted by VOZS
Hutto is very good but I think Hutto was better last year than they are this year because they had more experience on their OL. Giddings has been building over the last few years and has yet to peak. I don't worry too much about the lack of passing yards because they run the ball so well. There is not that big a difference between rushing for 200 and passing for 200 to get 400 total yards. 400 yards of offense is 400 yards of offense. Coach Fitzhenry is not trying to make a star out of his son. Would know because his son used to be my student aid. They are about as grounded a family as you can find. He gets so many carries because he runs the option about as well as a high school qb can. It will be a good game. Good luck Buffs......

Derek does not have to make a star out of Brock.

He is doing that on his own.

For people to judge them like that is absurd.

They are as good of people as you will find if Derek thought remotely that he was favoring Brock or he needed to play some where else that is what he would do.

With him there is no “I” in team and they play as a team.

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 04:06 PM

I like this guy he gets straight to the point

Old Tiger
09-19-2006, 04:07 PM
That guy is a stud at DT. Charles Foster wreckin shop since 2004

DU_stud04
09-19-2006, 04:07 PM
i dont care i hate both teams :clap: :clap: :clap:

ILS1
09-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
Derek does not have to make a star out of Brock.

He is doing that on his own.

For people to judge them like that is absurd.

They are as good of people as you will find if Derek thought remotely that he was favoring Brock or he needed to play some where else that is what he would do.

With him there is no “I” in team and they play as a team.

The times that I saw them play last year. There was several occassions were he should of pitched but instead kept it himself. They would've gotten more yards by pitching the ball instead of him trying to pad his stats. Against Hutto last year he had something like 30 carries for about 125 yards. Yes,I know the option/veer offense very well my friend. He should hand off and pitch more,is all I'm saying.

Old Tiger
09-19-2006, 05:29 PM
The times that I saw them play last year. There was several occassions were he should of pitched but instead kept it himself. They would've gotten more yards by pitching the ball instead of him trying to pad his stats. Against Hutto last year he had something like 30 carries for about 125 yards. Yes,I know the option/veer offense very well my friend. He should hand off and pitch more,is all I'm saying.

:D When you watch him play it looks like he doesn't know how to read the option/veer.

Example: Sometimes the DE crashes down and he hands it off instead of keeping it. Sometimes the DE stays at home and he keeps it. Then instead of making a pitch for big yards he does exactly what you are saying ILS.

Hutto should put 9 in the box and assign Dylan Martinez to Brock Fitzhenry. Go man on the recievers and they will win. Giddings cannot pass the ball this year with the graduation of Joey Gonzalez and Joel Green.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Giddings Coaches son will be to much for Hutto to handle, If Hutto finds a way to stop him, they win. If not Giddings wins.
Also someone pm me a cell# so I can keep up with this one.

gobblerfan02
09-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Go Buffaloes!....I just had to pick one of the two, so I flipped a coin!

JT44
09-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Hutto continues to roll with a tough win

EAGLETOWN
09-20-2006, 09:04 PM

I am sure he is doing the best he can.

I am certain he is not padding his stats he just wants to win.

He knows well he has 2 other ball carriers that are more than capable.

It is split second judgment and the decision to hand it off, pitch or run is up to him.

If he fills he can make it up field of course he is going to keep it, because he is always only one step from a TD.

Maybe he should have pitched the ball a little more, but averaging a little over 4 yards a carry I don't think any coach would be to terribly upset with his decision making.

Plus don't forget that was a year ago and he was a sophmore.

He is a little more mature this year and is going to make better decisions just because he is getting more experienced.

EAGLETOWN
09-20-2006, 09:10 PM
I have to take my kin folks and the Buffs.

Brock will hand it, pitch it, and keep it when he is suppose to.

I think he will even suprise a few and throw for one.

Has anyone seen their kicker.

Better not let them get stopped in side the 40.

Buffs 42
Hippos 21

rodeo-rider
09-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Giddings--52
Hippos --3

Buffaloes roam...

Hippos sink ....................and

to be continued...

Darren
09-21-2006, 07:19 AM
Buffaloes by 21. They have most of the same players from last year but with more experience. Hutto is a good team as well but Giddings is just simply going to be better.

Just my humble opinion,
Darren

buffalo2006
09-21-2006, 01:23 PM
First of all Brock is one of the most talented players I have ever played with he can do alot of thing you would think a guy his size can not. And as for his dad helping him and wanting him to be the star, thats BS his dad is the biggest critic he has and doesnt care his dad will chew his butt out on the game field in front of everyone. Brock is pretty tough on his self though and wants to make sure he is perfect in what he does.
Charles Foster are you talking to anyone about college if so or not just pm me.

hutex04
09-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Hutto WILL NOT lose by more than a touchdown if they do happen to lose. People that predict 21+ win for giddings are going to be proven wrong in abou 24 hours. Good luck to both teams, hope we dont have any serious injuries out there. I for one think Giddings and Hutto both deserve the rankings they have and it should be another great game. Giddings and Hutto have had some great games the last 3 years. Anyone around the area should definatly see this game.

HipposGitErDun
09-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
[He is a little more mature this year and is going to make better decisions just because he is getting more experienced. [/B]

He is 18 years old(kinda old for a junior) He should be very mature since he is older than some of the guys playing for Texas.

KingRob
09-22-2006, 03:44 AM
I'm going to go with the hippos.

Hutto - 27
Giddings - 24

This should be a great game!

Old Tiger
09-22-2006, 07:12 AM
From the mouth of Don King...

http://www.uoregon.edu/~rsalerno/pics/fun/Don%20King.jpg

Who all from 3adownlow will be attending this detristubious matchup? These teams are the most carnivorous splendiforous teams out there. It will be one hellacious battle till one team stands victoriousneslly over the other.

buffpride
09-22-2006, 08:49 AM
I and most of the town will be there tonight. Will be a great game! Good luck to both teams!

GO BUFFS!!!

Darren
09-22-2006, 01:14 PM
This is what it comes down to. The central Texas game of the week.

Should be a great game.

Good Luck to all.

Play hard buffs.

Eagles52
09-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Some people have some crow to eat...

sabre1
09-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Hippos git er done. Don't hate because a dad thought about what would be best for his son. It is a proven fact that white kids mature late. I wish my dad would have held be back when I was little