PDA

View Full Version : T.O Breaks Finger: Out 4 Weeks!!!

PHS Wildcats
09-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Updated: Sep. 18, 2006, 12:12 AM ET

T.O. breaks bone in right ring finger, will have surgery

ESPN.com news services

Wide receiver Terrell Owens' home debut for the Dallas Cowboys, marred by dropped passes and penalties, took a turn for the worse Sunday night when he broke a bone in his right ring finger.

Owens, who had three catches for 19 yards in a 27-10 victory over the Redskins, was scheduled to have surgery Monday. He's expected to miss from two to four weeks.

The Cowboys are off next week and resume their schedule Oct. 1 at Tennessee.

Owens flubbed a pass in the end zone on the opening drive, and by game's end, he was in the locker room getting his hand X-rayed.

Owens ran out for warmups and pregame introductions waving his arms, encouraging cheers from fans. That was about the only way he thrilled them as he was called for an illegal block on Dallas' first snap and later was caught lining up in the wrong place.

The controversial receiver missed much of training camp and the preseason with a hamstring injury after signing a three-year, $25 million deal that includes a $5 million bonus and a $5 million salary in 2006.

Last week, in a loss at Jacksonville, Owens played much better with six catches for 80 yards and a touchdown.

kaorder1999
09-17-2006, 11:20 PM
good thing the Cowboys have an open week this week

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2006, 11:22 PM
not 4 weeks..but 2-4 weeks..big difference

kaorder1999
09-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not 4 weeks..but 2-4 weeks..big difference

really a big difference since they have an open week.....he could be out all this next week and all the next week and then show up for game day and play well....:D

PHS Wildcats
09-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Ok Maybe I should put 2 to 4 weeks:doh:

Not a Cowboy fan anyway!

kaorder1999
09-17-2006, 11:30 PM
so if you COULD care less then that means you do care at least a little. But if you would have said you COULDNT care less then that would mean you could not care any less then you do right now.

PHS Wildcats
09-17-2006, 11:31 PM
hey just passing some info to you guys

Is that better?

kaorder1999
09-17-2006, 11:32 PM
lol....i was just giving you a hard time!

PHS Wildcats
09-17-2006, 11:32 PM
i know, it's all good

BJG40
09-17-2006, 11:33 PM
I understand he is a receiver and that you really need your hands to contribute (duhhh) but I am somewhat inclined to just say tape it up and go. Emmitt Smith played the whole end of a game with a seperated shoulder and Jack Youngblood played several games with a broken leg and didnt event know it. Am I being too critical?

kaorder1999
09-17-2006, 11:34 PM
TO played the majority of this game with the broken finger. He didnt think it was broken. He thought it was just jammed.

BJG40
09-17-2006, 11:36 PM
My bad. I am ashamed but I missed most of the game. I should have investigated more. I stand corrected.

pirate4state
09-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
TO played the majority of this game with the broken finger. He didnt think it was broken. He thought it was just jammed. Have they said what play he broke his finger on? Maybe that dropped pass in the endzone??? :thinking:

Oh well...he'll probably only miss one game! ;)

AggieJohn
09-17-2006, 11:39 PM
looks like that investment is paying off there jerry

kaorder1999
09-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by BJG40
My bad. I am ashamed but I missed most of the game. I should have investigated more. I stand corrected.

wasnt trying to correct you. Im right there with you when you said tape it up. I guess when a team has paid that much money they like to protect their investment.

kaorder1999
09-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
looks like that investment is paying off there jerry

I think it is paying off tremendously. He drew double coverage all night opening up wide open routes for the TE's and Glenn. Him being on this team makes everyone better, including Bledsoe

SintonFan
09-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Updated: Sep. 18, 2006, 12:12 AM ET

T.O. breaks bone in right ring finger, will have surgery

ESPN.com news services

Wide receiver Terrell Owens' home debut for the Dallas Cowboys, marred by dropped passes and penalties, took a turn for the worse Sunday night when he broke a bone in his right ring finger.

Owens, who had three catches for 19 yards in a 27-10 victory over the Redskins, was scheduled to have surgery Monday. He's expected to miss from two to four weeks.

The Cowboys are off next week and resume their schedule Oct. 1 at Tennessee.

Owens flubbed a pass in the end zone on the opening drive, and by game's end, he was in the locker room getting his hand X-rayed.

Owens ran out for warmups and pregame introductions waving his arms, encouraging cheers from fans. That was about the only way he thrilled them as he was called for an illegal block on Dallas' first snap and later was caught lining up in the wrong place.

The controversial receiver missed much of training camp and the preseason with a hamstring injury after signing a three-year, $25 million deal that includes a $5 million bonus and a $5 million salary in 2006.

Last week, in a loss at Jacksonville, Owens played much better with six catches for 80 yards and a touchdown.
Why does your sig claim the Cowboys play Jacksonville next week?:eek:
:hand: :hand: :doh:

3afan
09-18-2006, 07:00 AM
no way will he miss the game @ Philly in 3 weeks

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2006, 07:05 AM
wasnt trying to correct you. Im right there with you when you said tape it up. I guess when a team has paid that much money they like to protect their investment.
If I paid that much money, I'd want to get my money's worth.....tape it and send him out there.

kaorder1999
09-18-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If I paid that much money, I'd want to get my money's worth.....tape it and send him out there.

but they didnt pay all the money for just one year.

Bearkat
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
He may miss one game. The bye week will give him time to heal. Remember, TO did have a broken leg and returned to play in the super bowl. I don't think this finger will keep him out. Did the broken finger have anything to do with his 4 dropped passes?

Ranger Mom
09-18-2006, 09:17 AM
I didn't even realize they did surgery on a broken finger!! Must be pretty bad.

If Greenwood's #31 could play all last year with a broken arm in a cast (after surgery and pins) ......I think TO can play with a broken finger.

kaorder1999
09-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I didn't even realize they did surgery on a broken finger!! Must be pretty bad.

If Greenwood's #31 could play all last year with a broken arm in a cast (after surgery and pins) ......I think TO can play with a broken finger.

problem with a broken finger is.....you cant put a cast on it. They will operate on it and then go from there. You can have a broken wrist and play because you CAN cast it and you can play without bending your wrist. A wide receiver int eh NFL would have a VERY tough time being productive with a freshly operated on finger that cannot be put in a cast.

Ranger Mom
09-18-2006, 09:24 AM
problem with a broken finger is.....you cant put a cast on it. They will operate on it and then go from there. You can have a broken wrist and play because you CAN cast it and you can play without bending your wrist. A wide receiver int eh NFL would have a VERY tough time being productive with a freshly operated on finger that cannot be put in a cast.

Ahhh!! Thanks for the info!!

Bandera YaYa
09-18-2006, 09:33 AM
I watched his post game interview......he's gonna milk this for all it's worth!! Wait and see....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DaHop72
09-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I watched his post game interview......he's gonna milk this for all it's worth!! Wait and see....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

DU_stud04
09-18-2006, 09:34 AM
I watched his post game interview......he's gonna milk this for all it's worth!! Wait and see....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DU_stud04
09-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

thanks hopps, couldnt think on how to respond, i liked yours better than my dots...

Bandera YaYa
09-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
thanks hopps, couldnt think on how to respond, i liked yours better than my dots... Uh, has the boy proven this wrong yet????? :eek: :p What a wuss......

DaHop72
09-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Uh, has the boy proven this wrong yet????? :eek: :p What a wuss...... How bout them Cowboys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For YaYa and carer08, just in case they missed it the first time.:devil: :devil:

DU_stud04
09-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Uh, has the boy proven this wrong yet????? :eek: :p What a wuss......

what a hater.

kaorder1999
09-18-2006, 09:45 AM

if any of us had a broken finger that was operated on we would miss work for I dont know how many days. We would be sitting in the recliner saying "poor poor me. Will you please get me something to drink.....this hurts so bad. Where is my pain medicine?" Yall are expecting him to get his hand operated on and then go straight out and catch passes?

Big Papa
09-18-2006, 10:06 AM

Remember, TO did have a broken leg and returned to play in the super bowl. I don't think this finger will keep him out. Did the broken finger have anything to do with his 4 dropped passes?

Bandera YaYa
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
How bout them Cowboys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For YaYa and carer08, just in case they missed it the first time.:devil: :devil: Sticks and stones......... :hand: BIG difference with me tho....it's ONLY A GAME!!!!! I can take a loss, a win......I find it hilarious.... :p

DU_stud04
09-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Sticks and stones......... :hand: BIG difference with me tho....it's ONLY A GAME!!!!! I can take a loss, a win......I find it hilarious.... :p

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Bandera YaYa
09-18-2006, 10:28 AM
if any of us had a broken finger that was operated on we would miss work for I dont know how many days. We would be sitting in the recliner saying "poor poor me. Will you please get me something to drink.....this hurts so bad. Where is my pain medicine?" Yall are expecting him to get his hand operated on and then go straight out and catch passes? OMG.....lets be sure and give him all the attention we can....he THRIVES on it......BLAH!!!! You think he's gonna win Dallas a ring???/ GIVE ME A BREAK!!!...oh wait...he already has one.... :hand: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hand:

kaorder1999
09-18-2006, 10:34 AM
nm

Bandera YaYa
09-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Ok, ok.....I'll let up!! Uncle!! Uncle!!! Too much testoserone for a Monday morning.....I won't piss on your Post Toasties!!!! (gee, so glad I'm a woman with insight on the male species.....tell 'em what they wanna hear and say it's gonna be alright!! :rolleyes: ) GOOD LORD THE COWBOYS ARE GONNA RISE AGAIN!!!!!!! :smoker:

kaorder1999
09-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Bandera....i was just kidding about the sig....you didnt have to delete it!

Rabbit'93
09-18-2006, 10:44 AM
I've seen on two occasions in this thread where it was said TO "flubbed" or "dropped" the pass in the end zone. He did neither. The DB made a great play knocking the ball loose.

kaorder1999
09-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I've seen on two occasions in this thread where it was said TO "flubbed" or "dropped" the pass in the end zone. He did neither. The DB made a great play knocking the ball loose.

sometimes people forget about DEFENSE....DEFENSE.....DEFENSE

Take for example the Sweetwater-Decatur game. Some weetwater fans will tell you that the sweetwater kickoff returners kept giving the ball away on the pooch kicks. I would say taht Decatur defenders kept knocking the ball loose. ITS CALLED DEFENSE!

kepdawg
09-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

Thank you!

Old Tiger
09-18-2006, 12:18 PM
He'll be back in two weeks. It's the ring finger. It would be different if it was the thumb or pinky.

awizzy
09-18-2006, 12:30 PM
this could be bad for the boys bc TO has been drawing alot of defenders...good thing we got a by the the titians...then i think philly and houston...so its not to bad

piratebg
09-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Have they said what play he broke his finger on? Maybe that dropped pass in the endzone??? :thinking:

I can't believe he dropped that pass. He dropped like 3-4 good passes. I could not believe he dropped that many. For the amount of money they are paying him, he better start catching those damn balls.

awizzy
09-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Have they said what play he broke his finger on? Maybe that dropped pass in the endzone??? :thinking:

he said in his interview it was be4 he droped that pass...he thinks he snaged it on a jersey while he was blocking ealry in the game

coach
09-18-2006, 01:22 PM
who cares the cowboys wont be anygood until they get a qb. they could have jerry rice in is prime on there team and the doomsday defense and still couldn't win with bledsoe

STANG RED
09-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Prob snagged it in his own jersey, while patting himself on the back.

BHBrave08
09-18-2006, 01:26 PM
HaHa!! he deserves it.:rolleyes: Not Really but I don't feel sorry for him.

PHS Wildcats
09-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Why does your sig claim the Cowboys play Jacksonville next week?:eek:
:hand: :hand: :doh:

What?....... If you look at it correctly, you'll see Palestine Wildcat football and our next game is against the Jacksonville Indians.

I'm not a cowboy fan, why on earth would I want them in my sig?:thinking:

I really hope you are joking:doh:

Eagle 1
09-18-2006, 03:16 PM
TO = meow

Old Tiger
09-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
this could be bad for the boys bc TO has been drawing alot of defenders...good thing we got a by the the titians...then i think philly and houston...so its not to bad He'll play against them damned Eagles for sure.

awizzy
09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
He'll play against them damned Eagles for sure.

i think that also..bc isnt in philly