PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- Port Lavaca Calhoun

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:05 PM
First things first? Isn't Calhoun a 4A? If so, do the Mustangs knock off ANOTHER 4A team come Friday night. Lets recap shall we?

Ingleside 52
4A Tuloso-Midway 7

Ingleside 37
4A (was 5A) CC Miller 7

Ingleside ?
Port Lavaca Calhoun ?

I'm gonna say....um....

Ingleside 35
PLC 21

Izz, we still on?

Bull Butter
09-17-2006, 09:09 PM
42-14 Mustangs

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know who PLC has played this year so far and how they have faired? I know next to nothing about them....which is why I'm not calling for the blowout....but I'm confident that the Mustangs can handle just about any 4A team in the area w/ maybe the exception of Calallen and maybe FB, but i'm not even so sure about THAT :)

pirate4state
09-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Does anyone know who PLC has played this year so far and how they have faired? I know next to nothing about them....which is why I'm not calling for the blowout....but I'm confident that the Mustangs can handle just about any 4A team in the area w/ maybe the exception of Calallen and maybe FB, but i'm not even so sure about THAT :)

They beat Yoakum Friday 21-7. I don't know who else they've played.

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
They beat Yoakum Friday 21-7. I don't know who else they've played. heya P4S...you following me again? LOL. So comparetivly speaking, how does Yoakum look to say the Mustangs or the Pirates? Who have THEY played? I'm trying to get a feel for what we're up against.

Hope you are well. Take care.

pirate4state
09-17-2006, 09:38 PM
heya P4S...you following me again? LOL. So comparetivly speaking, how does Yoakum look to say the Mustangs or the Pirates? Who have THEY played? I'm trying to get a feel for what we're up against.

Hope you are well. Take care.

I always keep my eye open for your posts!! :kiss: :D haha. If I were you I'd check out the Victoria Advocate for info on Yoakum. ;)

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:40 PM
I always keep my eye open for your posts!! :kiss: :D haha. If I were you I'd check out the Victoria Advocate for info on Yoakum. ;) that thought had actually crossed my mind....but....I'm just lazy. :D

pirate4state
09-17-2006, 09:42 PM
that thought had actually crossed my mind....but....I'm just lazy. :D Well, I'm not doing it for you...we are mortal enemies!! :p :D :D

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, I'm not doing it for you...we are mortal enemies!! :p :D :D until we both head to the playoffs...then we can be friends again. :D

pirate4state
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
until we both head to the playoffs...then we can be friends again. :D :thumbsup:

crabman
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
You have a couple of former Sandcrabs on here. Myself and GetRDoneStangs. We can both vouch for the fact that Calhoun has sucked for many years and will likely continue to suck.

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by crabman
You have a couple of former Sandcrabs on here. Myself and GetRDoneStangs. We can both vouch for the fact that Calhoun has sucked for many years and will likely continue to suck. LOL...well dang man, thats no good. Best of luck on Friday, but I'll be pulling for the Stangs.

DaRaiderz
09-17-2006, 09:54 PM
They will be terrible. They are always terrible. Needville played them earlier this year and scored the first four TDs before putting it in cruise control and winning 32-14. They have some size but nothing at all at the skill positions.

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by DaRaiderz
They will be terrible. They are always terrible. Needville played them earlier this year and scored the first four TDs before putting it in cruise control and winning 32-14. They have some size but nothing at all at the skill positions. interesting you mentioned Needville. Ive been curious about them all year. I live just down the road from there and have been interested in maybe going to watch them. What is your take on them?

AggieJohn
09-17-2006, 10:09 PM
i think that ingleside is a going to be a big suprise this year

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i think that ingleside is a going to be a big suprise this year I may go to this game. I'm anxious to see just what they are doing this year that has made them successful so far this year.

big daddy russ
09-17-2006, 10:25 PM
We've got better every year the last three years. Two years ago, two rounds deep. Last year, three rounds. This year, we may get Cuero in bi-district. If not, we'd be favored all the way to the quarterfinals.

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
We've got better every year the last three years. Two years ago, two rounds deep. Last year, three rounds. This year, we may get Cuero in bi-district. If not, we'd be favored all the way to the quarterfinals. yup, if we luck out and Cuero goes D II, we're in.

Fish's mom
09-18-2006, 10:05 AM
I believe the score will be more like 37-0 In favor of stangs. But I'm biased. I can say our D is at top form with Chambers and others I don't think they'll score. and 2 players are off the injury list and if not this game but at least by next game we have a new kid, that's another good reciever at least that's what hear from the grapevine. But they may just surprise me. Either way I'll be at the game to cheer on the boys. Don't know much about Port Lavaca. I'll check out what Josh says tonight after viewing tapes.

GO MUSTANGS!!!

99IHSMustang
09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
First things first? Isn't Calhoun a 4A? If so, do the Mustangs knock off ANOTHER 4A team come Friday night. Lets recap shall we?

Ingleside 52
4A Tuloso-Midway 7

Ingleside 37
4A (was 5A) CC Miller 7

Ingleside ?
Port Lavaca Calhoun ?

I'm gonna say....um....

Ingleside 35
PLC 21

Izz, we still on?

You know better than that... I am never up that early on Sunday. Ingleside should do well in this game. Since Ingleside is averaging 44 points a game I am going to have to go with..... Ingleside 42 Port Lavaca Calhoun 7.

99IHSMustang
09-18-2006, 10:09 AM

Ditto... Like Fish's mom was saying, Inglesides D is stout. I was very impressed the way they played against Miller.

Blastoderm55
09-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Ingleside will blow them away. PL-C has fingers that are just as buttery as Miller's. Another 50-Xer.

Gobbler Fan
09-18-2006, 10:16 AM
PL run's the bone and they have one pretty good RB but shut him down and it's over .

Ingelside in a romp 42-14

IHStangFan
09-19-2006, 07:50 PM
which two of the Mustangs are back on the field from the injury list this week??

99IHSMustang
09-19-2006, 07:56 PM
which two of the Mustangs are back on the field from the injury list this week??

Josh Coffield and Izzy Sanchez I believe.

SintonFan
09-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Ingleside by 40 against an improved PLC team.
Oops! PLC by 40 against Inglesdie! i dont wanna make p4s mad at me... ;)

99IHSMustang
09-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Oops! PLC by 40 against Inglesdie! i dont wanna make p4s mad at me... ;)

Boooo!

SintonFan
09-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Boooo!
but.......
we're .........
enemies?:D

99IHSMustang
09-19-2006, 08:41 PM
but.......
we're .........

I thought we are only enemies when we play one another :confused: .......

I was rooting for you guys against Beevile.... but

"Beevile pulls out the win the against Sinton in a last minute shocker" :D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2006, 09:11 PM
PLC is better than TM but worst than Miller:doh:

sinton should beat PLC in a couple of weeks 3-0 and we can compare scores after that:)

SintonFan
09-19-2006, 09:29 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Dems fightin words!:p
lol you "pirated" your own town's thread...:D

pirate4state
09-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Oops! PLC by 40 against Inglesdie! i dont wanna make p4s mad at me... ;) why would I be mad at you? :p

SintonFan
09-19-2006, 09:37 PM
why would I be mad at you? :p
Arghhhhh! Why indeed? hmmmmmmm.....
Aye! I be just makin sure no Black Spots be placed upon a head or two! Yarghhhh!;)

99IHSMustang
09-19-2006, 10:01 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Dems fightin words!:p
lol you "pirated" your own town's thread...:D

http://www.repmanblog.com/photos/uncategorized/gary_coleman1.jpg

"Watcha talkin about Willis"

DaRaiderz
09-19-2006, 10:03 PM
interesting you mentioned Needville. Ive been curious about them all year. I live just down the road from there and have been interested in maybe going to watch them. What is your take on them?

They're good. They run the ball well and mix in just enough passing to keep you honest. If Columbia stays on the downward slide, they could win the district. The problem is that their first round playoff opponent is likely either Giddings or Bellville. They wouldn't have much of a prayer against either one of those teams.

SintonFan
09-19-2006, 11:15 PM
http://www.repmanblog.com/photos/uncategorized/gary_coleman1.jpg

"Watcha talkin about Willis"
lol
We just talked...;)
the freakin internet connection workin again.:clap:

99IHSMustang
09-19-2006, 11:29 PM
lol
We just talked...;)
the freakin internet connection workin again.:clap:

Talk about the Irony

JT44
09-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Ingleside by three TD's

CalallenWildcat
09-20-2006, 07:33 AM

Ingleside 52
4A Tuloso-Midway 7

Ingleside 37
4A (was 5A) CC Miller 7

Ingleside ?
Port Lavaca Calhoun ?

I'm gonna say....um....

Ingleside 35
PLC 21

Izz, we still on?

I wouldn't consider TM, Miller, or PLC to be good 4As...and even though Miller did just drop to 4A you have to realize that they are not even a big 4A with less than 1400 students.

That being said...PLC is terrible. I take Ingleside by 28.

bd62
09-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Thats why they play the game. Port Lavaca 41-Ingleside-14.

Gobbla2001
09-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by crabman
You have a couple of former Sandcrabs on here. Myself and GetRDoneStangs. We can both vouch for the fact that Calhoun has sucked for many years and will likely continue to suck.

And don't forget me, I played football at that place in 7th grade :(

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2006, 01:40 PM

PLC by 40 against Inglesdie! [SIZE=1]SIZE] ;)

guys dont do that again:D support ur district teams:)

GreenMachine
09-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Sorry Ingleside posters, but I work with a lot of people from Port Lavaca and their program has been horrible for a long time. They said that you would have thought they just won the state championship after the win. Congratulations PLC. Ingleside, ya'll have a good ballclub, Ya'll will be OK.

99IHSMustang
09-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
guys dont do that again:D support ur district teams:)

That's funny we were both right... SintonFan and I were just kidding, but that is crazy how the games ended up. I support everyone in our district up until we play one another. Tough break for both the Mustangs and the Pirates. Both teams are still working to get better and when district play comes around will be ready.

GetRDoneStangs
09-24-2006, 04:53 PM
What was the final in this game???

CalallenWildcat
09-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
That being said...PLC is terrible. I take Ingleside by 28.

Ok...

*eats crow*

Phil C
09-24-2006, 05:55 PM
It was an honest mistake. You all forgot that Coach Davenport a great coach had been there and had instilled discipline and training that took a few years to come to fruit which is enjoyed by the current coaches. Remember PLC is 4A not 3A so they are powerful if only by numbers. This was overlooked by many of us.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It was an honest mistake. You all forgot that Coach Davenport a great coach had been there and had instilled discipline and training that took a few years to come to fruit which is enjoyed by the current coaches. Remember PLC is 4A not 3A so they are powerful if only by numbers. This was overlooked by many of us.

yes, but u didnt warn us, u slack off in this game and didnt give us the history behind this game to late:)

Phil C
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
yes, but u didnt warn us, u slack off in this game and didnt give us the history behind this game to late:)

I am so ashamed. :(

Fish's mom
09-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Final PLC 41 Ingleside 16

Yes I like my crow with gravy. okay:rolleyes:

Good game PLC, your Quarterback was great. Hopefully a quick recovery for the boy who broke his ankle. Great homecoming for ya.

Mustangs, dust yourself off, pick up your pride, and keep going. Sometimes we learn more from a loss then a win.

GO MUSTANGS!!!!

Phil C
09-25-2006, 11:51 AM
but.......
we're .........

Correction - not enemies but friendly rivals. :)

Also don't forget Riflearm also coaches there.