PDA

View Full Version : just out NCAA top 10....

wedo
09-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Associated Press top 10

1. Ohio State
2. Auburn
3. USC
4. West Virgina
5 .Florida
6. Michigan
7. Texas
8.Louiville
9.Georgia
10. LSU

Looks fair to me!!! 4-7 Could all be mixed up IMO !!!!!!!!!

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2006, 06:37 PM
look (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50756)

wedo
09-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Dangit!!!!!!!!!!!! My bad!!!!!!!!

mustang04
09-17-2006, 06:40 PM
i HATE the system.....i hate how a team can lose to the #1 team at the beginning of the season..then improve w/ the new QB getting settled in throughout the season to become one of the top teams in the nation and still prolly not get to play in the NC...not saying anyone has done it yet..but its a HIGHLY PROBABLE scenario for certain universities

wedo
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
I think that Texas for sure can get back in it !!!! I think that if Michigan plays like they did satuday the rest of the season they can beat Ohio State!!!! Auburn plays in the SEC and it hard to go undeafeted in that Conference !!!! And USC and Florida could still lose and Texas will be right back in it !!! IF it comes down to West Virgina and Texas getting the last spot in the NC i think that Texas could jump West Virgina even if they don't have a loss!!! only b/c of their schedule!!!!!!!

big daddy russ
09-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Associated Press top 10

1. Ohio State
2. Auburn

Thank God. I thought Auburn was going to get screwed over at a NC shot by USC all over again.

War Eagle.

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Thank God. I thought Auburn was going to get screwed over at a NC shot by USC all over again.

War Eagle. no way, Big 12 is weak and everyone including the media is well aware of it. Texas is the only team in the conf. that has any shot whatsoever of remaining in the top 10 come bowl time. Meanwhile Auburn beat a tough LSU team. PAC10 is weak as well IMO. USC is the Texas of the PAC10. Basically in a nutshell, a good, almost great team, but not good enough to get it done and win a championship this year. USC is down a notch from where theyve been in the past, and UT is right back to where they USUALLY are. They'll win the Big 12 champ. goin away, but thats as far as it goes. No natl champ. this year for either USC or UT.

Thats just my take, let the flaming begin.

big daddy russ
09-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i HATE the system.....i hate how a team can lose to the #1 team at the beginning of the season..then improve w/ the new QB getting settled in throughout the season to become one of the top teams in the nation and still prolly not get to play in the NC...not saying anyone has done it yet..but its a HIGHLY PROBABLE scenario for certain universities
I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that UT didn't look like they were on OSU's level during that game. A top 5-caliber team?

Definitely.

Can they compete with anyone?

Absolutely.

I just don't think they're NC caliber right now. With guys like Auburn, West Virginia (seems like they're the most underrated team on the DL), and USC up there. Besides that, with the way Michigan manhandled ND the other day I can completely understand why they're seventh.

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 10:01 PM
I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that UT didn't look like they were on OSU's level during that game. A top 5-caliber team?

Definitely.

Can they compete with anyone?

Absolutely.

I just don't think they're NC caliber right now. With guys like Auburn, West Virginia (seems like they're the most underrated team on the DL), and USC up there. Besides that, with the way Michigan manhandled ND the other day I can completely understand why they're seventh. NC teams....well lets see...Michigan DID look VERY impressive against ND, BUT...you have to look at Michigan...they have a tendancy to choke in games like....say...Mich. vs Mich State...so that is yet to be seen. I was very impressed w/ Louisville in their complete dismantling of Miami. Ohio State definately has a shot I'd say as well. Auburn looked good, but dispite their win, LSU was tearin their secondary to shreds there at the end.....other than that, I think its too early to tell. But I'm liking a couple of teams early, and USC nor Texas is one of them.

wedo
09-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Right now i don't think we are "UT" up to are potiential, but i think that by season end we could be up in the mix!!!! IF you going to lose a game in college football you better do it in september !!!!! And texas is far from out of it IMO !!! all the teams ahead of them still have some big games and could lose!! With the Exception of West Virgina!!!! OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Right now i don't think we are "UT" up to are potiential, but i think that by season end we could be up in the mix!!!! IF you going to lose a game in college football you better do it in september !!!!! And texas is far from out of it IMO !!! all the teams ahead of them still have some big games and could lose!! With the Exception of West Virgina!!!! OVERRATED!!!!!!!!! The Horns will no doubt cruise through the Big 12 like a chainsaw through a stick of warm butter, BUT after that....say they meet up w/ an Auburn, or a Louisville or Ohio State again....

They've got alot of work to do if they expect to be a champion again IMO.

What I'm wondering about is....does Tech's O start to click or do they just remain terrible?

wedo
09-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The Horns will no doubt cruise through the Big 12 like a chainsaw through a stick of warm butter, BUT after that....say they meet up w/ an Auburn, or a Louisville or Ohio State again....

They've got alot of work to do if they expect to be a champion again IMO.

What I'm wondering about is....does Tech's O start to click or do they just remain terrible?

I haven't seen a Tech game yet. but i bet that they are very on dementional !!! Against good Competition they can't play with top caliber speed !!! And speed is what stops that offense!!!

big daddy russ
09-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Right now i don't think we are "UT" up to are potiential, but i think that by season end we could be up in the mix!!!! IF you going to lose a game in college football you better do it in september !!!!! And texas is far from out of it IMO !!! all the teams ahead of them still have some big games and could lose!! With the Exception of West Virgina!!!! OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!
I think UT will come around by the end of the year, but I actually think my boy Gene Chizik has more work to do than Greg Davis. If they're going to make it back to the NC, they're going to have to ride their defense.

And I really think WVU's a scary team. That defense is just as fast as Auburn's (although maybe not quite as good), and that offense is absolutely loaded. The scariest offense this side of USC.

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I haven't seen a Tech game yet. but i bet that they are very on dementional !!! Against good Competition they can't play with top caliber speed !!! And speed is what stops that offense!!! in past years their problem was never offense.....what was it, 2 years ago now...they were AVERAGING 70 points a game at home in Lubbock? BUT....Techs deal was, sure...they'd score 50+ points, but so would their Opp. They had 0 Def. SO FAR this year...that remains the same, but now, they have no Off. either! Lets see....other than Texas....who in the Big 12 has a legit shot? um....nobody....and I personally think even Texas is back where they were a few years back. A great team, a shoe-in for Big 12 champs....but thats not saying much this year. They dont repeat unless they hit another gear here real soon. With as weak as the 12 is.....they can go undefeated...and it wont matter in the polls. If they'd of beat Ohio State, it'd be totally diff, but that was their biggest bid at a early jumpstart and they didnt get it done. they'll have to beat OU, A&M, etc. by 80 points to even get a look w/ the Big 12 being as weak as it is. I mean, come on, Colorado got beat 2 weeks ago by a Div. II team?!?! Ags BEARLY squeak by Army?? Toledo shakin things up? Big 12 is weak, I cant say that enough. And that will weigh heavy on UT's looks for a major bid at the champ.

wedo
09-17-2006, 10:28 PM

And I really think WVU's a scary team. That defense is just as fast as Auburn's (although maybe not quite as good), and that offense is absolutely loaded. The scariest offense this side of USC.

Yeah but anyone looks fast and great agains Maryland!!! I don't think that they could even compete with LSU, Auburn, Texas, heck i think TCU would give them a good game!!! If Brian Brohm is back before they play West Virginia they will roll !!! Thats thier only decent competition all year !!!!

wedo
09-17-2006, 10:30 PM
nobody would be talking about West Virginia if Miami, VT, BC were still in the big LEAST !!!!

big daddy russ
09-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah but anyone looks fast and great agains Maryland!!!
I don't know. They sure looked fast against Georgia in last year's Sugar Bowl.

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 10:31 PM
nobody would be talking about West Virginia if Miami, VT, BC were still in the big LEAST !!!! LOL...Miami? they got MANHANDLED....and I can honestly say I saw it coming.

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 10:33 PM
West Virginia is FAST!! And like Scooter says SPEED Kills!

It's not like they are in the Sun Belt, MAC, WAC, or C-USA.

wedo
09-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL...Miami? they got MANHANDLED....and I can honestly say I saw it coming.

I meant just them being in the conference period !!! A&M could beat miami this year !!!

Georgia wasn't that good last year!!! I was really surprised when they beat LSU in the SEC championship last year !!!

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I meant just them being in the conference period !!! A&M could beat miami this year !!!

Georgia wasn't that good last year!!! I was really surprised when they beat LSU in the SEC championship last year !!! true, true, Georgia has has a slight fall from grace.

big daddy russ
09-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Georgia wasn't that good last year!!! I was really surprised when they beat LSU in the SEC championship last year !!!
They weren't as good with Tereshinsky at the helm, but when Shockley was under center they were every bit as good as any team in the nation. Maybe not quite as good as they were in '04, but still the best team in the SEC last year.

If DJ would've played the whole season, they may have gone undefeated. Definitely wouldn't have lost to Florida.

I thought WVU was overrated going into the Sugar Bowl, but they proved me wrong and the more I've watched of them the more impressed I've been.

WestTXLonghorn
09-18-2006, 12:25 AM
In regards to a lot of the posts saying UT isn't of championship caliber.....of course we didn't look that way the SECOND GAME of the season against a great football team. Colt needs time to get settled and we needed to get Tarell back and get some of our other guys healthy. What most people don't know is that we had a starting LB out for the game, Robison had pneumonia all week before the game, and others were out as well.

By the end of the season I'd be willing to stack our team up against anyone in the Top 10. Our defense is special and the offense will be great once they get clicking and Colt gets comfortable passing the ball.

There's going to be A LOT of changes to the Top 10 by seasons end. Also, a lot of it will come near the end of the season w/ USC playing ND, Michigan playing OSU, etc. so teams wont be able to recover from the losses. Florida/Auburn/Georgia have to duke it out in the SEC and they might all go down in flames by seasons end. Texas has a favorable schedule and if it comes down to us and another team with 1 loss, the media sure does like to see the defending champs play in the title game if possible....

big daddy russ
09-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
In regards to a lot of the posts saying UT isn't of championship caliber.....of course we didn't look that way the SECOND GAME of the season against a great football team. Colt needs time to get settled and we needed to get Tarell back and get some of our other guys healthy. What most people don't know is that we had a starting LB out for the game, Robison had pneumonia all week before the game, and others were out as well.

By the end of the season I'd be willing to stack our team up against anyone in the Top 10. Our defense is special and the offense will be great once they get clicking and Colt gets comfortable passing the ball.

There's going to be A LOT of changes to the Top 10 by seasons end. Also, a lot of it will come near the end of the season w/ USC playing ND, Michigan playing OSU, etc. so teams wont be able to recover from the losses. Florida/Auburn/Georgia have to duke it out in the SEC and they might all go down in flames by seasons end. Texas has a favorable schedule and if it comes down to us and another team with 1 loss, the media sure does like to see the defending champs play in the title game if possible....
I was the one who said that, but I reiterated that it was only for now. They still have some work to do on D, but Chizik will work it out by the end of the season and Colt IS the answer at QB, he just let his nerves get in the way against OSU.

What I was saying is that right now they don't deserve to be ahead of any of the teams in front of them.

KTJ
09-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn

The players weren't the problem against tOSU.