PDA

View Full Version : Gatseville

Idiot
10-11-2001, 03:03 PM
Can anyone give me any info on Gatesville this year? When i watched them play (and beat i might add) Wylie last year in the Championship game they looked really good, but i dont hear much about them this year.

cl8114
10-11-2001, 04:23 PM
Gatesville is a good team that is never talked about. No expected them to do very good this year because they lost 24 seniors and have on returnig defensive starter. They lost their first game to a very talented Cameron Yoe team 19-13 but since have bounced back and won their last 4 games including a win over the then #7 China Spring Cougars. I think that people don't realize these kids know how to win and that the Hornets are 19-1 in their last 20 games.

Idiot
10-12-2001, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the info,I figured they were still pretty good but just havent heard anything on them.

Hornet83
10-12-2001, 10:21 AM
The Hornets are not as athletic a team this year but have a solid offensive line led by returning all state strong guard Darion Roberts and all district stong tackle Ben Wilson.Also they return starting QB Matt Mooney as well as WR Preston Taylor for the passing game.The running game has been by commitee with four RB seeing regular action.
The defense has been completly rebuilt with only all district SS Mario Medina returning. Adam Phillips is strong at MLB especially at moving around and blitzing the opposing QB while DE Mike McDonald is strong on the line. The young men who moved up from the JV last year had a record of 8-1-1 for the season which tells you a little about this team.In my opinion this team is not as strong as last years squad but you better not overlook them either cause they have a lot of pride in being the defending state champs and has been said they know how to win.