PDA

View Full Version : Leach's says changes to be made

Adidas4I0s
09-17-2006, 09:57 AM
The only other time the Red Raiders (2-1) didn't score a touchdown in Mike Leach's 79 games over the last seven seasons was in a 56-3 loss to Nebraska in 2000, the coach's first year. They scored less than 10 points only one other time, a 42-7 loss at Texas in 2001.

''I'll be nice about that and politically correct like you're supposed to,'' Leach said. ''But that was the sorriest offensive effort I've ever seen. Today, I coached the worst offense in America.''

Without being specific, Leach said there would be some changes on offense.

''I'm not going to sit here and watch this stuff,'' Leach said.

You can pull the full article here...

http://www.reporternews.com/abil/sp_fb_coll_univ/article/0,1874,ABIL_8000_5000268,00.html

AggieJohn
09-17-2006, 11:11 AM
looks like tech is as screwed up as a&m is right now

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Got to disagree..Tech got beat by a top 25 team..A&M struggled agianst a team that lost to Arkansas State and was taken to OT by Kent State. IMO A&M is AT THE MOMENT the team with more issues.

Adidas4I0s
09-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Got to disagree..Tech got beat by a top 25 team..A&M struggled agianst a team that lost to Arkansas State and was taken to OT by Kent State. IMO A&M is AT THE MOMENT the team with more issues.

yeah...AJ is just playing his homer card again! :thumbsup:

mrescape43
09-17-2006, 12:29 PM
I was looking for good things out of Harrell but yesterday he didn't appear to have enough arm strength to get the ball to the receivers quick enough. Although he was fairly accurate his passes didn't have a lot of zip on them. I hope it was just a bad day and not a preview of things to come.

Snydertigersrul
09-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

The Aggies are the team in trouble, not Tech. I watched the last p art of the game last night and they might even lose to Baylor this year and finish last in the South. Coach Fran needs to update his resume and get moving. He will be doing that after the season anyway.

mrescape43
09-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The Aggies are the team in trouble, not Tech. I watched the last p art of the game last night and they might even lose to Baylor this year and finish last in the South. Coach Fran needs to update his resume and get moving. He will be doing that after the season anyway.

If not for that ignorant call by the Army coach to end the game the Aggs could have very well lost that game. I agree that coach fran is on borrowed time in College Station

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I was looking for good things out of Harrell but yesterday he didn't appear to have enough arm strength to get the ball to the receivers quick enough. Although he was fairly accurate his passes didn't have a lot of zip on them. I hope it was just a bad day and not a preview of things to come.
I thought the same thing about Harrell. I know the TCU defense was keeping pressure on him a lot of the time. But, when the OL line held them at bay, he still didn't deliver. And yes, there were several passes that were "there", but the receivers dropped them. Of course, the throw-aways to avoid the sack didn't help much.

Leach is going to be PC today? LOL....at the half, his comment was they had been playing scared offense.

wedo
09-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech sux!!!!! I called this loss earlier in the week and nobody believed me except a few!!!!!!!! I wonder how many sack Tommy Blake had???

Adidas4I0s
09-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Tech sux!!!!! I called this loss earlier in the week and nobody believed me except a few!!!!!!!! I wonder how many sack Tommy Blake had???

One sack and one other tackle. Tech did a good job of controlling him. His one sack was when Harrell rolled his direction and he drove the OL into Harrell. A great play...but he wasn't as dominating as he has been against weaker competition.

Oh...and I don't think anybody was taking TCU lightly. Everybody I was with and/or talked to at the game knew there was a very real chance that TCU would win the game.

sahen
09-17-2006, 04:13 PM
his statement is impossible, baylor by far has the worst offense in d1a...our defense has 8 points against D1A opponents y our offense only has 14....good thing our defense can force 3 or 4 turnovers a game or it would hvae been a very ugly year so far...