PDA

View Full Version : SMU-Sam

3afan
09-17-2006, 05:19 AM
wow, if SMU beat Sam 45-15 imagine what Texas is gonna do to 'em ....

PPHSfan
09-17-2006, 07:25 AM
I'm sure Phil will have some kind of warning for UT as to why they will be dangerous.

3afan
09-17-2006, 08:00 AM
oh yeah - Sam upset UH in 1979 so WATCH OUT !!!!!

Phil C
09-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I'm sure Phil will have some kind of warning for UT as to why they will be dangerous.

Indeed yes even though it is a few games away. Did Bomar get to play or is he still waiting. Remember it will be dangerous for us if he plays against us. Plus we have to remember that he has played us before and knows our team better thant he does SMU who is now recovering from the Death Penalty. Even if he doesn't play against us bear in mind that he has much information on our team that he can pass on to his new coaches. Very scary indeed.

PPHSfan
09-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Shouldn't SMU be over the death penalty by now?

Snydertigersrul
09-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Indeed yes even though it is a few games away. Did Bomar get to play or is he still waiting. Remember it will be dangerous for us if he plays against us. Plus we have to remember that he has played us before and knows our team better thant he does SMU who is now recovering from the Death Penalty. Even if he doesn't play against us bear in mind that he has much information on our team that he can pass on to his new coaches. Very scary indeed.

How long is it going to take for SMU to recover from the death penalty? Come on, that was around 25 years ago. SMU is just a bad football program.

3afan
09-17-2006, 09:11 AM
IMO, SMU is a tremendous football program -- high academic standards, no players in trouble, great facility -- their just not winning alot of games

it all depends on how you judge a total program, and its so much more than Ws and Ls --- IMO

PPHSfan
09-17-2006, 09:43 AM
I think SMU is a great school that got the shaft with the death penalty. But it is time for them to decide if they want to contend again. If they do, then they need to get off the stick.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-17-2006, 10:01 AM
i think mack should give them of a few days in practice...they could send a peewee team out in longhorns unis and beat em.:D

PPHSfan
09-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I think Mack should give the boys off and dress Gilmer for the game.:)

Snydertigersrul
09-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
IMO, SMU is a tremendous football program -- high academic standards, no players in trouble, great facility -- their just not winning alot of games

it all depends on how you judge a total program, and its so much more than Ws and Ls --- IMO

Come on, be honest. SMU should have dropped football, they can't blame the death penalty in the 1980s for lack of success. I watched them play Tech and they looked like an average high school team. A good program is based on wins and losses, not academic standings and how many players aren't in trouble. I guess you believe UT's stadium is packed to support their acadmics.

eagles_victory
09-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
wow, if SMU beat Sam 45-15 imagine what Texas is gonna do to 'em .... think about what sfa is going to do to them lol jk

3afan
09-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Come on, be honest. SMU should have dropped football, they can't blame the death penalty in the 1980s for lack of success. I watched them play Tech and they looked like an average high school team. A good program is based on wins and losses, not academic standings and how many players aren't in trouble. I guess you believe UT's stadium is packed to support their acadmics.

its all part of the PROGRAM --- and of course people come to see the games, dont twist words

:cool:

crabman
09-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Maybe Mack Brown will show us how to NOT run up the score against SHSU in spite of playing his third and fourth stringers. :D