PDA

View Full Version : Next Week's NCAA Top 5??

Adidas410s
09-16-2006, 10:05 PM
1. Ohio St
2. USC
3. Auburn
4. West Virginia
5. Michigan/Texas/LSU

any thoughts???

3afan
09-16-2006, 10:07 PM
WV is not a top 5 team

Old Tiger
1. Ohio State
2. Auburn
3. USC
4. West Virginia
5. Texas

Michigan is too far down in the rankings to make that large of a jump.

Old Tiger
Originally posted by 3afan
WV is not a top 5 team How you figure they are blowing out opponents.

Adidas410s
09-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
How you figure they are blowing out opponents.

the weak schedule card can be played here...;)

3afan
09-16-2006, 10:10 PM
look at their SOS

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2006, 10:12 PM
1. OSU
2. Auburn
3. USC
4. WV
5 Michigan

And I disagree about Michigan, they might not jump that high, but they should..The DOMINATED the #2 in the nation. IMO they showed the are major players in the NC chase

No reason Texas should jump more than one to two spots. They did what they are supposed to do rout a bad team.

kepdawg
09-16-2006, 10:13 PM
1 OSU
2 Auburn
3 USC
4 WV
5 UF with a win, Texas with a UF loss

Old Tiger
09-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Revised...

1. Ohio State
2. Auburn
3. Southern California
4. West Virginia
5. Florida
6. Texas - Just for the hell of it to piss some of you haters off.

WestTXLonghorn
09-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Not hard to dominate #2 in the nation when they are extremely overrated. Why was Notre Shame ever ranked that high? Their defense didn't really get any better and their offense, while good, only played well against mediocre to VERY BAD football teams.

This is what beating only 2 teams with winning records last year gets you. You can't compete with the big boys and you get exposed.

Charlie Weis needs time to implement his system and get players he recruits in there. Him and his team have gotten WAY too much press this early in his tenure. Just goes to prove how overrhyped ND will be year in and year out when they field a team that knows how to tie their shoelaces.

Paratrooper
09-16-2006, 10:30 PM
1. Ohio State
2. Auburn
3. USC
4. West Virginia
5. Texas

Michigan is too far down in the rankings to make that large of a jump.

No way Texas should be No 5. I can see them moving up one to maybe No 7. Rice is not a contender by any stretch; they should have beat them that bad.

WestTXLonghorn
09-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
No way Texas should be No 5. I can see them moving up one to maybe No 7. Rice is not a contender by any stretch; they should have beat them that bad.

Rice gave UCLA a run for their money last week. They aren't a great football team by any stretch but so what? Everyone already knew that.

Two teams above Texas lost. . .Texas moves up to #5. Our loss is also to the far and away #1 team in the nation so if it comes down to 1 loss teams getting picked for the championship game we should go.

Old Tiger
09-16-2006, 10:37 PM
I would like to see a Texas/Ohio State rematch for the NC.

Paratrooper
09-16-2006, 10:38 PM
The month of October will tell for Texas. That is when they have to go against some really quality teams; sink or swim time. I am all for the Longhorns but the outing against Ohio State kind of showed how much they were a contender for the big game.

Old Tiger
09-16-2006, 10:39 PM
The month of October will tell for Texas. That is when they have to go against some really quality teams; sink or swim time. I am all for the Longhorns but the outing against Ohio State kind of showed how much they were a contender for the big game. Sergio Kindle is getting close to being healthy:D

WestTXLonghorn
09-16-2006, 10:43 PM
I doubt it. Louisville has lost their star running back and their star quarterback and they were the only team on West Virginia's schedule worth a crap. So, the Mountaineers will prolly go undefeated because of SOS and get in with Ohio State.

If you look at the schedules tho. . .Florida or Auburn HAS to drop out because they're both in the SEC, and personally I think both of them lose somewhere along the line. Michigan looked good enough to jump Texas in the polls, granted, but they aren't going to be that good week in and week out. So, if they do jump us I could see them losing a game, especially since they end the season playing Ohio State (evil laugh).

So. . .that leaves USC above us with West Virginia and Ohio State. USC has to play Notre Dame near the end of the season, so maybe the Domers pull off an upset, maybe not. I really do think Texas can run the table tho.

Oklahoma is good at one thing. . .running the ball. They stink in every other department. Texas is best at guess what? Defending the run. So, I think we beat the Sooners. Then, the only other tough game on the schedule is Nebraska, and watching them today made me think we could beat them. They are slow on offense and still rely heavily on the run and their defense isn't stellar.

However, I'm also a huge homer and nothing is ever certain in college football. Still, good week for the Horns and things are looking up.

WestTXLonghorn
09-16-2006, 10:47 PM
The month of October will tell for Texas. That is when they have to go against some really quality teams; sink or swim time. I am all for the Longhorns but the outing against Ohio State kind of showed how much they were a contender for the big game.

Right, because going into halftime down 14-7 after fumbling on the 2 yard line to set up an Ohio State TD and then giving up a perfectly thrown TD pass with 8 seconds left in the game is getting dominated, shows we're horrible, etc. and so forth. Seriously, if we have a few things go for us instead of against us in that game we're right there to win it at the end.

Not surprised a lot of people turned on the Horns tho. Lots of Horn haters in Texas and around the country who were just waiting for a slip up to rail against the defending champs. Sad because we're the only team in the Big 12 doing anything to validate this entire conference. ATM looks good against weak competition, but they stink. Texas Tech has officially started circling the drain. Oklahoma isn't what it used to be. Nebraska is trying to get back but they aren't even close yet. Heck, Missouri. . .yes, Missouri is looking like the best team out of the North! Big 12 teams went 2-7 this weekend. . . . .

PHS Wildcats
09-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Right, because going into halftime down 14-7 after fumbling on the 2 yard line to set up an Ohio State TD and then giving up a perfectly thrown TD pass with 8 seconds left in the game is getting dominated, shows we're horrible, etc. and so forth. Seriously, if we have a few things go for us instead of against us in that game we're right there to win it at the end.

Not surprised a lot of people turned on the Horns tho. Lots of Horn haters in Texas and around the country who were just waiting for a slip up to rail against the defending champs. Sad because we're the only team in the Big 12 doing anything to validate this entire conference. ATM looks good against weak competition, but they stink. Texas Tech has officially started circling the drain. Oklahoma isn't what it used to be. Nebraska is trying to get back but they aren't even close yet. Heck, Missouri. . .yes, Missouri is looking like the best team out of the North! Big 12 teams went 2-7 this weekend. . . . .

I agree completely, I love my horns but realistic, I see them only as high as #6 right now and that's if Michigan don't jump them.

MagicMan
09-16-2006, 11:18 PM
the texas a and m aggies should be ranked in the top 5

PHS Wildcats
09-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
the texas a and m aggies should be ranked in the top 5

do you mean the bottom 5?:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2006, 03:55 AM
Not hard to dominate #2 in the nation when they are extremely overrated. Why was Notre Shame ever ranked that high? Their defense didn't really get any better and their offense, while good, only played well against mediocre to VERY BAD football teams.

This is what beating only 2 teams with winning records last year gets you. You can't compete with the big boys and you get exposed.

Charlie Weis needs time to implement his system and get players he recruits in there. Him and his team have gotten WAY too much press this early in his tenure. Just goes to prove how overrhyped ND will be year in and year out when they field a team that knows how to tie their shoelaces.

insert texas instead of ND, and you have a valid arguement for the last two weeks...

WestTXLonghorn
09-17-2006, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
insert texas instead of ND, and you have a valid arguement for the last two weeks...

Right. . .because we ALLLLLLLLL know how much better than Ohio State the Wolverines are. When we end up going 12-1 and to the Natty title game or a big bowl I hope fools like you are still hanging around.

That post hurt me so bad. . .let me go pop in my Rose Bowl/Championship DVD so I can feel better.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, btw. . .Kanye West is a schmuck. Kinda like you. . .BUUUUUUUURN!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Right. . .because we ALLLLLLLLL know how much better than Ohio State the Wolverines are. When we end up going 12-1 and to the Natty title game or a big bowl I hope fools like you are still hanging around.

That post hurt me so bad. . .let me go pop in my Rose Bowl/Championship DVD so I can feel better.:rolleyes:

wow...where do i begin with that one...to me this was a little out of line. well really the whole "kanye west thing" anyway. maybe you didnt notice d303app's post count...yea it says over 10 grand. thats not how many consecutive seconds he's been logged in... i think its a pretty safe assumption, barring Jesus coming back or oh idk all out nuclear winter, he'll be here by season's end. im a texas fan just the same as many others, but please have use some common sense and dont speak with a foot in your mouth, i dont like looking bad because you want to talk trash.

with that addressed; no one will go undefeated this year. i think mich state will run the table on mich this year, and mich will run the table on ohio state. but it ohio state does beat them, they will loose in the nat championshio if they play auburn, texas, or southern cal. anyone else i could almsot guaruntee would be like a mouse tying to stop a train...this being said, i will state why i still believe texas has a very good chance of getting back to the big dance. they lost to the number 1 ranked team in the second week of college football this year. if you notice, most teams hardly ever go undefeated, one may do it a year, sometimes two but its so rare that it happens, you cant even begin to calculate exactly when it will happen. since texas lost so early, they will move up the ladder week by week and get back to the spot where they can get back in the title game. the big 12 is texas's to lose. the other games are the other teams to lose, but they will be back on top by the season's end.

AggieJohn
09-17-2006, 11:14 AM
1. USC
2. tOSU
3. Auburn
4. Florida
5. Michigan

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2006, 11:18 AM

fools like me are still hanging around, son, i havent left in 4 years, your lil bish fit aint going to make me leave either.

I sitll have hope that i will see my Notre Dame vs West Virginia title game.

By the way, saying burn to your own attempt at a joke is like running a race in the special olympics and celebrating your rediculously large margin of victory. Ive forgotten more football than you can remember. Grow up.

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2006, 11:20 AM
I'll give ya the Top 10
1.Ohio State
2.USC
3.Auburn
4.Michigan
5.West Virginia
6.Florida
7.Texas
8-10. Louisville, ND, Georgia in no particular order

htowntransplant
09-17-2006, 11:21 AM
:mad:

wedo
09-17-2006, 11:29 AM

Neither was the Junior Colleges West Virgina was playing when they beat a team in the top 100 then maybe they can be in the top 10!!! IF Brian Brohm wouldnt have gotten hurt yesterday Louiville could run circles around West Virgina!!!! West Virgina is the most overrated team in the top 25 besides ND!!!! But what really make me mad his that Louiville has guys hurt and now gives West Virgina a chance to win!! And if they go undeafted and get to the NC game the BCS is a joke!! I could name ten teams that should be in the top ten and none of them are West Virgina!!!

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by wedo
IF Brian Brohm wouldnt have gotten hurt yesterday Louiville could run circles around West Virgina!!!!
but you see Brohm will be back by the WV game, and Louisville will win

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
but you see Brohm will be back by the WV game, and Louisville will win

he will be out 4-6 weeks... i think he should rest until the bowl games :D

wedo
09-17-2006, 11:36 AM
here is my top ten..

1. Ohio State
2. USC
3. Auburn
4. Texas - only b/c their only loss was to the #1 team
5. florida
6. Michigan- at six they played great against ND but who never know what you will see in CFB. Sometimes teams get big wins and then the next week lose to a non ranked team!! They are my pick to beat Ohio State though!!
7.Louiville- could be higher but lost their RB,QB
8. Georgia- Good team but hasn't played anyone yet
9.LSU- Great team lost in a game that could have gone either way
10. Norte Dame- This is a maybe!! IF they can bounce back!!

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2006, 11:38 AM
here is my top ten..

1. Ohio State
2. USC
3. Auburn
4. Texas - only b/c their only loss was to the #1 team
5. florida
6. Michigan- at six they played great against ND but who never know what you will see in CFB. Sometimes teams get big wins and then the next week lose to a non ranked team!! They are my pick to beat Ohio State though!!
7.Louiville- could be higher but lost their RB,QB
8. Georgia- Good team but hasn't played anyone yet
9.LSU- Great team lost in a game that could have gone either way
10. Norte Dame- This is a maybe!! IF they can bounce back!!

you have the wrong big east team in the top 10, IMO. Pat White and Steve Slayton will be good for 2 more years...

wedo
09-17-2006, 11:38 AM
but you see Brohm will be back by the WV game, and Louisville will win IF he is back before then Louisville will win!!

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2006, 11:39 AM
you have the wrong big east team in the top 10, IMO. Pat White and Steve Slayton will be good for 2 more years...
no he doesnt have the wrong one, he just doesnt have both of them...LSU should be ranked 11

wedo
09-17-2006, 11:39 AM

Out of all the teams in the top ten who do you think West Virgina could beat!! I think nobody!!! Even one loss teams!!!

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Out of all the teams in the top ten who do you think West Virgina could beat!! I think nobody!!! Even one loss teams!!!

florida - number 10...
possibly texas...

wedo
09-17-2006, 11:47 AM
florida - number 10...
possibly texas...

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

wedo
09-17-2006, 11:48 AM
florida - number 10...
possibly texas...

O my bad i thought you were just playing around being sarcastic!!!!!

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2006, 11:50 AM
i think WV could beat Georgia

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2006, 11:50 AM
i think WV could beat Georgia

with who QBing at UGA?

JoeT3? or Matt Stafford?

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Stafford

Bull19
09-17-2006, 03:24 PM
HERE'S MY TOP 10---WHAT DO YALL THINK?

1. OHIO ST.
2. AUBURN
3. USC
4. WEST VIRGINIA
5. FLORIDA
6. TEXAS
7. MICHIGAN
8. LOUISIVILLE
9. GEORGIA
10. NOTRE DAME

WestTXLonghorn
09-17-2006, 04:19 PM
fools like me are still hanging around, son, i havent left in 4 years, your lil bish fit aint going to make me leave either.

I sitll have hope that i will see my Notre Dame vs West Virginia title game.

By the way, saying burn to your own attempt at a joke is like running a race in the special olympics and celebrating your rediculously large margin of victory. Ive forgotten more football than you can remember. Grow up.

How about you grow up and stop acting like an some sort of elitist because you have spent your entire life on a little known message board.

You obviously don't know jack about college ball and I'm sure your M.O. is to hate on the Horns as much as possible every year. I'm sure if I searched back to posts you made last year you picked against the Horns every week.

I was pretty much being facetious with my last post, and I made that obvious with the BURN part at the end. Now that you're getting all bent out of shape over it, no more joking. I'm glad you've "forgotten more football than I can remember" whatever the hell that means since that's not how the saying goes. You're still an idiot, regardless of the post count.

Keep wishing for that Notre Shame v. West Virginia matchup. It might happen sometime in your next 10k posts, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Out of all the teams in the top ten who do you think West Virgina could beat!! I think nobody!!! Even one loss teams!!! I think they could beat any team in the top 10.

wedo
09-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I think they could beat any team in the top 10.

yeah right!!! Slatton would only have like 10 yards on 50 carries against Auburns, Ohio State, LSU, TEXAS, USC defense no way!!!!
at the end of the season why don't we look at how many teams they have played win at least 3 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Dude WV is good. They are just like Utah from a few years back. No one believes but they will turn heads.

wedo
09-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Dude WV is good. They are just like Utah from a few years back. No one believes but they will turn heads.

I didn't even think that Utah was that good !!! They were good for the conference they played in but that it !!! They didn't play anyone either!!! Pittsburg sucked that year b/c they play in the Big Least !!!!!!!!

IF West Virgina goes undeafed they might get jumped by a team with 1 loss b/c of thier schedule !!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 06:01 PM
The beat Texas A&M 42-21.

wedo
09-17-2006, 06:03 PM
The beat Texas A&M 42-21.

And when was the last time A&M was a powerhouse??? IT showed when they played Tennesse in the Cotton Bowl !!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
09-17-2006, 06:06 PM
They are still a Big XII school.