PDA

View Full Version : D23 Toughest in 3A ?

Pudlugger
09-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Giddings 3-0 ranked #3 in State with the Fitz
Bellville 2-1 top 10 (only loss to tough 4A Barbers Hill )
Caldwell 3-0 only giving up 6 points in 3 games
La Grange 3-0 looking stronger each week with big O line, lots of talent and speed.

d18 with Liberty Hill, Hutto and Cameron must be considered as well.

Old Tiger
09-16-2006, 06:46 PM
We'll see come friday :D

Pudlugger
09-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Yes, Giddings at Hutto will be revealing. Hutto's stadium is real fine. They have tall stands with plenty of great seating. A train goes by frequently blowing it's whistle for the Hippos. Only thing is late in the season it gets real cold out there.

This will be a defensive struggle with both teams trying to stop powerful running backs with speed and big O lines in front.
I will say its a toss up, but i will take Giddings by 3 to back our district.

Cameron Crazy
09-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
We'll see come friday :D True..True

hutex04
09-16-2006, 11:44 PM
I hope Hutto wins but In my heart I think we lose by a touchdown. Either way, I think Hutto or Giddings wins only by a touchdown.

Crimestick
09-17-2006, 02:34 AM
On a year-by-year basis, you'll also have to consider our district, which includes:
WO-S
Jasper
Bridge City
Silsbee
Kirbyville
Hamshire-Fannett
Hardin Jefferson
Orangefield

Six of those teams made the playoffs last year.

Pudlugger
09-17-2006, 08:05 AM
With realignment every two years you really need to focus on one season at a time. This year D23 and D18 look loaded.

j_dog
09-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Bellville 2-1 top 10 (only loss to tough 4A Barbers Hill )
Funny, when Jasper lost to BH, folks started writing off Jasper's whole season, Bellville loses to BH, and Bellville is promoted as one of the top district teams. :confused: :eek:

Bull19
09-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Funny, when Jasper lost to BH, folks started writing off Jasper's whole season, Bellville loses to BH, and Bellville is promoted as one of the top district teams. :confused: :eek:

BELLVILLE WAS ONE OF THE TOP TEAMS IN DISTRICT BEFORE THE LOSS. BH IS A VERY VERY GOOD 4A TEAM. THEY SHOULDNT BE CONSIDERED SO UNDERRATED AS THEY ARE. THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT IF BH PLAYED LIKE THEY DID AGAISNT BELLVILLE THEY COULD BE A GIDDINGS OR CUERO. TIMES CHANGE AND TEAMS CHANGE THATS WHY BELLVILLE IS STILL REGARDED AS A DOMINANT PROGRAM.

Crimestick
09-17-2006, 09:41 PM
We played a four-quarter game-sim scrimmage against BH and won by about 30. They are not a particularly strong team. Despite what they'll say, their starters were in throughout and they had jack. NOT impressive.

IHStangFan
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
We played a four-quarter game-sim scrimmage against BH and won by about 30. They are not a particularly strong team. Despite what they'll say, their starters were in throughout and they had jack. NOT impressive. well the fact that you say "we" and do not list a location other than "Texas" I would have to assume that "your" team is none other than the University of Texas...and of COURSE UT has a slight edge over BH. :D