PDA

View Full Version : Windthorst information

Phil C
11-04-2003, 05:42 PM
I looked up some records and saw that Windthorst won the 1996 Class A championship in football which is always a great accomplishment. But what is even more remarkable is that their girls volleyball team since being State Runner Ups in 1991 have won the State Championship every year except for 1996 and 1996 which is incredible. In fact they are in the playoffs this year and several sports writers say they may win it all again. Windthorst is a small town not far from Wichita Falls. Does anyone know anything about this remarkable dynasty? Did they have the same coach all those years or what? Any information will be appreciated. I know one of UT's star women basketball players (Heather Scheiber) is from Windthorst and played on 4 of the volleyball state championships and was MVP every year and was also a great basketball player of course. She chose college basketball and went to Texas because she liked volleyball but loved basketball.

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Get a copy of last Saturday's Fort Worth Star telegram... there is a great article about the town and its football tradition.

VWG
11-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Windthorst is a small dairy town about 15 miles east of Wichita Falls. Their athletic program is a good one, especially the girls volleyball program. They play larger class schools in volleyball regularly. 3A to 4A mostly and they beat them all the time. I believe the volleyball coach has been there for all of the state titles. Heck, why leave? When you got it made like that you might as well stay around.
The football team's head coach has a couple of sons playing on the team. They are well coached and have a great team this year. They are usually ranked in the top ten every year.